main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Advisory Council Weekly Update (March 4-14)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Tellesto, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I picture this advisory council as a bunch of disembodied heads like in Superman.

"Guilty!"

Or maybe those brains in Star Trek.

"I bet 20 quatlues on the newcomer!"

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to say.

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    We also have dancing monkeys for entertainment.

We had the option of the disembodied monkeys heads, but chose not to take it, because then we wouldnt actually see them dancing [face_plain]

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    hmmm, where can i get tipping dollars around here?

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'm giving my thoughts on the matter once more, and then that's it.

First: I agree with Jorus, as he's obviously right.

He merely asked why the threads he mentioned were allowed, when similar threads get closed right away. That's it. That's what it all comes down to. Really not that hard to grasp for anyone.

I don't object to any of the Slackers -- some are funny, some definitely are not. But if what they do is allowed in here -- hey, then tell me, so we can start unbanning some people who deserve it. And if you like the Slackers, stop spreading nonsense about AYBABTU's "attitude of degradation towards the JC": he's an angel and you know it.

There's no big drama about it, unless you start insulting people left and right, as one particular peacock manager always does. That's when the thing starts to get blown up, and people's pride get hurt. It's the most silly thing to do, yet apparently the pony can't help but do the same trick again and again. No need to get offended or behave like a heavily insulted old fairy now -- remember, it's just a message board. There's no need to threaten with banning people, so put your tongue back in your mouth and wipe the drool off your face. There, that's it! Be happy.

Also, it's no use telling people it's just an internet message board: we know. It's not rocket science, nor does the world depend upon it (thank the Lord for that, by the way). We all know it's just internet, nothing more. So pack up your troubles rapidement -- let's party like it's 197...8.

Lastly, I don't care about "the history of the JC" -- I really can't care about the history of some message board, nor about its little drinking clubs, pirate gangs, and comedy brigades. It's all fine by me. As long as they behave.

That's all. Thanks, be cool,

Debo

5. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    One thing I'd like to throw out on a side-note here guys, if you don't mind me doing that. The Advisory Council is run by the membership and exists for the membership, but in the future I believe a situation like this might be run a little more smoothly if matters were kept discreet. It's not that I want you to stop poking me on the matter or questioning my involvement in it, but I would prefer it if you'd be a bit more personal in telling me these things.

Perhaps instead of attacking both the offending thread and the weekly update threads of the AC you could private message myself with the matter, and if you don't trust me on it then there's many other AC members who you can also contact.
    I'm not trying to take away the power of voice, I value that quality above all others here at the Jedi Council, but I am simply suggesting that you might get better results if you don't flair your temper and throw some posts around. JediMaster22 reacted to the situation very maturely, from what I saw he wasn't effected by it in the slightest, but of course, some felt like a crusade needed to be started.
    Was there a problem with the thread? The Advisory Council was investigating that well before anyone had come into Communication's to complain about the matter, well before the thread was even over.

In the future all I ask is that you get to the heart of the problem right away without ruffling a few feathers in order to put on a show. We're not the administration, we're members, and you can come up to any other method or us through AIM or PM and talk to us. You're welcome to do the same through communications, and if you do so there it?s likely that the membership will be able to judge on the matter along with the AC. But there's no need to get temperamental with us here either. Remember, ?calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean.?

6. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    What's the point of the Communications forum, then? If I have a problem, I'll discuss it in public. I'm sorry if I've come down hard on you. Honest. It was wrong of me to treat you as if the whole thing was your fault.

As for "some felt a crusade needed to be started"... It's unfortunate some people insist on keeping up the same old b.s. (not you, Tellesto, I'm speaking of someone else) Maybe there'd be less complaints if things were run more professionally. Just a thought. Again, this is not aimed at the people on the adv. council. I'm genuinely sorry for the way I reacted to them.

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >JediMaster22 reacted to the situation very maturely, from what I saw he wasn't effected by it in the slightest, but of course, some felt like a crusade needed to be started.
    <

Yes, I did handle this maturely, but is this enough for a respect? I am not sure yet! We shall see.

I still agree with Jorus, and Debo though, so I don't want you to get the wrong idea that I disagree with these two.

Please! They aren't having a crusade!!! They are just FAIR witnesses, to a double-standard situation, as they believe it is. Nothing else, like personal grudge or anything drive them to do it.

The real question isn't about me, nobody should be worried about me, to get in trouble. As a mature indivual I swear I wouldn't want a friend to be in trouble for me. As PB said, we are all 20+ years olds, and I AM OLD Enough to face such difficult times.

OH, Their help are MUCH MUCH appreciated, but if they are getting in trouble then it's not worth it.

What is the real question, if it's not about me?

The question is. simple: Are these threads like "DO JediMaster22 do anything else besides watching TV and post here" allowed?"

What if someone creates a similar thread, "Do <whoever> do anything else besides making fun of people, and act arrogantly all day long on the forums"

Are they ALSO allowed to be opened? Hmmmm?

That, my friends, IS the REAL question here.

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Compliments for the way you handle this, Tellesto.

As one last gasp from me, I'd like to point out that I did PM someone to complain, but he read it and didn't react. Only after that I felt I had to say something in public.

Blue seas...a seagull drifting.........gentle waves caressing the coasts....SHARK ATTACK!

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    whoops wrong thread

10. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Yeah, but did anyone PM Tellesto to say that they found his posting in that thread inappropriate? I think the point is that if you have a personal problem with someone, try to clear it up privately before causing a scene across the forums.

11. Demodexxx

Demodexxx Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Jeremyguy, don't suggest thinks that will decrease the drama!!

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Having returned to the JC, I have taken nearly a month off from JC politics (and it was a nice month, too!), haven't even come to JCComm until this morning. But happening to stumble on this thread-

I think the Advisory Council is a great idea. I really, really do. I haven't read this whole thread, but from the way things are beginning to turn, it seems this is not going smoothly. Not knowing ANYTHING about the situation, I am not even considering pointing blame anywhere. I'm only saying I think we ought to keep internet drama out of this, remember that the JCers on the AC are not permanently there, and that they are there to represent us. Everyone ought to keep that in mind.

If nothing happens to sour the AC idea, I think it really COULD signal a new Golden Age for the JC. So let's try to keep it real, and stay calm, everyone.

PS- don't start throwing pies and calling me a hypocrite yet! I *know* I used to be an inciter of trouble. Put it down to naivete and Irish blood. Not a good mix.

13. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Oh, sorry Dem. My bad. ;)

14. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I'd just like to say that I suggested something like this, like, in December 1999 and I was cut down to shreds. I am a visionary. ;)

Seriously though, I applaud the effort by the JCC to get more member involvement in decision making.

Oh, and "Tellesto for Moderator!"

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    "remember that the JCers on the AC are not permanently there"

ha ha ha

you'd think so, wouldn't you?

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    You just can't get past this permenant member thing can you?

17. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i am a stuck record, the last angry man, the people's poet, i can never be silenced, well, till i tire of this anyway

18. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
  19. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I heartily applaude your vigilance.

20. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    thank you, if you have enjoyed this campaign, I refer you to the eternally dammed Ostracisim fight of 2001

21. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    That was always doomed to fail. ;)

Well done Tellesto, and all the others.

22. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    LIAR!!!!!!!!

its time will come!

23. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Tomorrow is the day folks, new AC update...

24. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Packed with more waffle than even Homer Simpson could ever eat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.