main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The first annual 2003 Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    i hope he does not take another 24

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    No problem Madine. I appreciate it. I forgot I had to go to a funeral this morning, so I couldn't be here for the ending of round one. Thanks for the update,and if you see things slowing down, feel free to jump in like you did.

Wow, Luke at 10...ugh...he should have been top three easy! I mean, Luke? Wow...

I know who'd I'd pick next, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'll PM Padawan and tell him he's up.

Word up.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    i know i feel so good about luke dropping i think most picks where based on fav rather than use of the force .which besides yoda luke may be teh stongest force user on t he board

4. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, that is similar to what I said earlier, people picked their favorites, or their namesakes.

Hey, man, it will interesting.

The thing is with drafts, like with Fantasy baseball, yeah , you have your superstars, but the "common" players are the most important part. Because you can pretty much count on the superstars to score points, but if the rest do not contribute, you cannot win. So the 3rd and 4th rounds are key, and the 5th round is going to be interesting.
    And do not underestimate the power of trades....

I will be leaving work aroung 6:30, and I cannot day for certain if I will be on a computer until tomorrow morning. So if it is my turn in that time gap, rest assured by 10am the pick will be made.

Madine out

5. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
  6. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
  7. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
  8. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001

Round 1:

1. Psycho-Freak - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. OBIX1 - Qui-Gon Jinn
    3. JKBurtola - Anakin Skywalker
    4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi - Darth-Maul
    5. Mr. Sith - Exar Kun
    6. Headhunter0183 - Mace Windu
    7. Corran10584 - Corran Horn
    8. GenMadine - Yoda
    9. PadawanSkywalker - Darth Vader
    10. Effortless Skill - Luke Skywalker

Round 2:

1. Effortless Skill -Anakin Solo
    2. PadawanSkywalker -Jacen Solo
    3. GenMadine
    4. Corran10584
    5. Headhunter0183
    6. Mr. Sith
    7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    8. JKBurtola
    9. OBIX1
    10. Psycho-Freak

Madine PM'ed me and said he will be on in a bit. Just FYI-

9. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I select Darth Sidious.

Now I have the strongest Jedi and the strongest Dark Jedi. Yoda and Sidious/Palpatine.

Yes, we saw what Dooku can do, and he is strong, but he is the apprentice to the master, Darth Sidious. And Palpy did not fall to the dark side like Vader and Dooku - he is pure dark side. That is power, baby.

No one knew he was Sith man, not even Yoda. Clouding the Force use of ALL the Jedi!

Man oh man, does my team look good! I am so happy he wasn't taken. I thought for sure Padawan was going to grab him. And now my team is totally balanced, too.

Alright, enough talking large. What do y'all think of my comments? Yes, yes, I speak the truth.

Here is the updated rounds list:

Round 1:

2. OBIX1 - Qui-Gon Jinn
    5. Mr. Sith - Exar Kun
    8. GenMadine - Yoda

Round 2:

1. Effortless Skill -Anakin Solo
    2. PadawanSkywalker -Jacen Solo
    3. GenMadine - Darth Sidious/Palpatine
    4. Corran10584
    5. Headhunter0183
    6. Mr. Sith
    7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    8. JKBurtola
    9. OBIX1
    10. Psycho-Freak

10. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I still would have picked Dooku. He has the experience of a Jedi, the evilness of a Sith Lord, the cynical attitude to tempt even the strongest user of the Light Side, and saber skills that friggin' rock. ;) :)

Then again, I'm not playing... :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

11. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Great pick, Madine! I still can't believe he was around that LATE!

12. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    All that is true, except that Sidious actually can make people go Sith, not just tempt. See Dooku, Anakin Skywalker. And even Darth Maul.

Yes, the only thing that was swaying me a little towards Dooku was the saber skills, since we do not know Sidious's talents there. But his mastery of the Force exceeds Dooku's in all aspects. Again, he is the master. Dooku is the apprentice.

Think of it this way: Would you draft Jordan or Pippen? Pippen could not do it without Jordon, see his post-Bulls track record. A force to be reckoned with, but no Jordon.
    Jordon not only did his high-profile incredible feats, but he set up plays and things that were almost invisible he did them so well. Pair that with what you did see, and you have the Master.

I took the Jordan, and left the Pippen.

Frankly, I did not think both would be available, so I was going to take which ever was left at this point in the draft. Let us hope someone grabs Dooku before round three comes back to me.

With the remainder, he is almost certain to go quickly. I have an idea of who migh be left when I go, and I have my eye on a couple of folks. But this draft has been so full of surprises, you can't predict what is going to happen...

Madine out

13. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I think my picks are pretty good.Darth Vader was a strong Sith,and Jacen is a pretty damn good Jedi

14. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    madine i knew it you are doing some good drafting man , but remember sidious was defeated with the help of luke :D

15. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh, yeah, dude, you did well. Vader, if he was there and Sidious and Dooku, would have been a big debate in my head, although my reasons are pretty sound, I would have probably taken Sidious anyway.

Jacen is a great Jedi. I have read up to Traitor in TNJO books, so his newer feats I am not aware of yet. I pick up at Destiny's Way in August (paperback - why spend more?) and will read that and the new paperback trilogy right after that to be caught up. So for all I know, he continues his power surge. So yes, good pick.

But based on what I know, of the twins, personally, I would have selected Jaina. Great pilot, and can go Dark and is strong enough to stay light. That is control.

Madine out

16. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    also i think people should not comment on players and give others idea ,in the a real draft you dont see gms blabbing about who is who ,also gen madine your going to make this personal see you in the finals :D

17. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Hmmm, this is getting very interesting. :D

Well, I'm signing off for the day so if by some miracle my turn comes up tonight I will have my picks tomorrow morning.

P-F

18. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, I am trying to get more of a chat-mosphere going, discussions and the like, as commentators do at these drafts.

As far as GMs, yeah, they don't talk out loud, like I did about Jaina. Everyone other Jedi I made no comment about until there are picked for that very reason - I do not want to give anyone any ideas. I play commentator when it is not my turn to play GM. Keeps the fun going, help to tolerate the waiting...

And now I commented on a Jedi not yet picked. Am I now trying to give others ideas? Maybe, or perhaps I am just talking, bringing up conversations to yes, pass the time between picks, as commentators often do?... Only time will tell

MUHOHAHAHAHA

Madien out

19. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Well, I'm looking to make an all EU team. I picked Corran Horn as my first pick because he is one of the greatest Jedi of the New Order. He's brave, intelligent, and has a good sense of humor. Also, he comes from a long line of powerful Corellian Jedi, the Halcyons. Not to mention he is one of the best pilots ever to grace Rogue Squadron.

Anyways, onto my next pick. Continueing with my EU Jedi team, my pick for round 2 will be none other than Ulic Qel-Droma. He was one of the most powerful Jedi during the Sith War. Though he turned to the Dark Side and joined with Exar Kun, he still found redemption in the end. And that, in my eye, makes him a welcome addition to my team.

Corran10584's Jedi/Sith Team
    1. Corran Horn
    2. Ulic Qel-Droma

Also, if I could make one more suggestion. I think it would be better if we had 6 rounds instead of 5. This way, the picks will be completely balanced. Just a thought. Anyways... ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

20. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    You guys have all made some verry good choices for verry good reasons.

I was suprised that some of the "big" ones went so late.
    Im just psyched that I got Mace! I mean come on! This guy has it all.

A leading member of the council,2nd only to Yoda. And the only current master of the 7th style of saber fighting. Is that right or is there another?

I could go on but I think Ill get down to my next choice.
    And the winner is........Belldar,er..I mean Ki-Adi-Mundi!

Take a bow Ki. Heay watch that thing youll put someons eye out! :p

I will expound on my many reasons for pickin cone head later.

P.S. I will not be on line at all tomorow (work, that real world is such a hastle) so if my turn comes round again I would like to ask Darth-Horax to pick one for me.

21. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I take Count Dracu... uh Count Dooku [face_devil]

Soon...

BTW, we should take our picks and make a RPG for our draft and have battles.

22. Darth-Martinez

Darth-Martinez Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2003
    Great picks people! Darth Vader is good, and so is Count Dooku and Darth Sidious. Nice. :)

Keep it up! :D

23. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    head hunter you stole my first pick with mace i was heart broken ,but i think i redeemed myself with luke .i mean hear we have the son of skywalker the guy who restored the jedi order a devastaing fighter and supreme force user whats not to like ,also anakin solo there has been wispers about him one day taking luke status as the top jedi in the galaxy so i riding the wave even thoe i am ready to make a trade for mace windu my neext few picks might be trade bait any way i am hear for the day on with the draft

24. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    on a side note i am a knick fan and our first round picks sucks the whole team is now full of undersized power fowards i do like our second rouner thoe

25. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Well played, boys, well played.

Corran10584, Corran Horn is my favorite EU characters. I enjoyed the X-wing books more than any other series in the EU. Now with your addition of Ulic Qel Droma, a good, solid team is forming. Ulic is a powerful and expected choice at this point in the game.

Headhunter - Ki Adi Mundi, don't know much about him besides the movies, I will have to look him up. . .

Mr. Sith - Dooku. Again, can't believe he was still around to get. Fantastic pick-up. You have quite the powerful Dark Jedi team forming. . .

Effortless, I edited my comments so as not to give away my thinking or give others ideas. Your comments are resonating in my mind... hope I did not say too much with my congratulatory comments to our fellow players....

So here we are, here is where we stand.

Round 1:

2. OBIX1 - Qui-Gon Jinn
    5. Mr. Sith - Exar Kun
    8. GenMadine - Yoda