The first annual 2003 Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    excatly .and i still bomb everyone including the server .SO NOW I REALLY GET THE LAST POST
  3. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
  4. GenMadine Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Not really. Unless they shut this down, we can do this until the cows come home

Moo * last post * Moo

Madine out
  5. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the oppression of woman in our country is deplorable (sp)
    LAST POST
  6. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    shoots every cow in sight.ties gen madine up and feeds him to the sarlacc.takes darth horax and beats him to a pulp. and like i said i a -bombed the server!!! its mine
  7. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
  8. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    go horax its your birthday!!!
  9. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Woody Paige is as funny as blue cheese!
  10. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    You know Woody Paige? That's my homeboy! I knew him when I was a sports editor in Nebraska, and he's been with the Denver Post for years! Where do you know him from?
  11. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not really old enough to know him personally, i just know of him from "Around the Horn". That's a great show. That and PTI.
  12. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
  13. JansonYellowAces Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a better place to discuss this idea.

I've been thinking of this for a while, but I think the Jedi Draft would make a cool Role-Playing Game.

Some Ideas:

Player Salary.
    ---Each team depending on location, and other factors will make money. The players you select will each cost a certain amount of money, you must not spend more money, then you make. The player?s cost will depend on their skill among other factors.

Player Injuries/Sickness/Disputes/Retiring.
    Injuries - Each week using my computers random generator one player in the draft will become injured (the length of time is determined by a dice role). If a player loses a match he has a 6% chance of being injured. The worse a player loses a match the greater chance that player will be injured.
    Sickness - Each week using my computers random generator three players in the draft will become sick, and miss a weeks play.
    Disputes - The Game Master will decide if a player is not being paid enough credits for his services. If the player is underpaid he may demand a new contract, and sideline himself.
    Retiring - Depending on the age of a player, and other factors they will retire after a certain amount of time in the league. Retired player will be placed in the entry draft.

General Manager Functions.
    Trades - There are multiple ways to trade. Player for Player, Player for Draft pick(s), and Player for credits are just a few of the ways to trade. The Trade Block will assist General Managers in who other teams are looking to trade.
    Free Agents -At the end of the Season players with shorter contracts will become unrestricted free agents, allowed to sign with any team they wish. Unsigned players will enter the next year?s entry draft.
    Drafted Players - After each season a there will be a two-three round entry draft where you can sign new players. All unsigned, or retired players will be recycled through the draft.

Franchise Style Gameplay.
    Multi Seasonal Play - Depend on the number of teams, the draft will take place over a few seasons, the number depending on the number of Jedi-Team ratio.
    Drafts - There are two types of drafts; Entry. In which new players enter the league at the end of every season

Ownership Gameplay.
    Attendance - Many factors dictate team attendance (team interest, ticket prices, team skill, planet size, stadium, etc.) it is the most important factor in team revenue.
    Revenue - Revenue is the amount of credits each team has to spend. Factors in your revenue include sponsorship deals, attendance, etc.
    Stadiums - Stadium decide how many people can attend your games. Upgrades costing credits may make your stadium better, and sponsorships will earn extra money.

I think it would make for an interesting game. I'd like to hear what you all think (Horax most of all) and if you have any other ideas. It's like the Star Wars version of pro sports. I can explain a few more things if you'd like. This is an extremely rough draft.
  14. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    That would be cool, but man, talk about a lot of work. It would be like Madden's 2004 Jedi draft!
  15. JansonYellowAces Jedi Master

star 4
    Madden 2004, best game ever. I'm not even a huge football fan, but its unreal.
  16. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Mr_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Janson, it'd be too Complex and would Possibly Spook away Future Players.

Qui-Gon-Kim, Last Post! :p
  18. Corran10584 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ::While everyone is debating, Corran uproots all the football goals on Earth and chucks them into space, all expect one::

Yes! Once again I've acquired the last post!!

Get it? Last post? As in the last goal post?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

::Wipes tear away:: Damn, I'm funny :D

~Corran
  19. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot the soccer posts...
    Last POST!
  20. Corran10584 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ::Ignites lightsaber and slices every single soccer goal in half::

Ha!!

~Corran
  21. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot the hockey posts (goals)...
    LAST POST
  22. Corran10584 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Grr....

::picks up old shovel and cracks Qui-Gon over the head with it again::

And stay down!

:p

~Corran
  23. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you dig up farming posts w/ that shovel, or did you forget that to? For shame...
    (smiley icon)
    LAST POST
  24. Corran10584 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ::Smacks Qui-Gon again, knocking him unconscious::

Shut up!

:p

~Corran
  25. Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Master

star 4
    (Palpy's voice)

Shovels.... a jedi's weapon indeed