main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The First Dark Legion continued

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthYoungius, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthYoungius

DarthYoungius Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2009
    I am continuning the roleplay "First Dark Legion" originally posted by KnightFr0m Ossus:

I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder...
    maybe the jedi need an enemy. I think...
    without a common enemy, we...we'll
    just wind up fighting each other...and
    ourselves. Does that make sense?
    --Danzigorro Potts, shortly before dying of his wounds on Columus, 24,500 BBY

The First Great Schism, the first war that the jedi order participated in. At one time, a band of jedi began experimenting with the force and discovered boundless opportunities. They longed to be free to use the force however the wanted instead of being restrained by their masters. And so Jedi left Tython and Ossus following a Kashi Mer exile and jedi knight named Xendor and a Follower of Palawa named Ardyn Lyn, Xendor's lover, to live on the planet Lettow. They grew to an immense size that almost rivaled the jedi and declared war on the Jedi Order.

During this time period, projectile and plasma weapons were being used side by side, and swords and such were the equivalent of lightsabers. Many worlds such as Dac and Taris were yet to be found. Hyperspace was also new and needed beacons to travel to and fro. Many trade trade rouutes were much shorter than they are today, barely reaching into the middle rim. The Unification Wars had just ended and the Galactic Constitution had been written and sighned thus marking the birth of th Galactic Republic. And the Jedi Order had only recently been an order of wizards with very little knowledge of the force residing on Tython.

And here is where we start our story. Arguably, the most well-known jedi who participated in the war was Danzigorro Potts. He was only an insignificant padawan apart from the fact that he was the last survivor of the final battle in the war(other than Ardyn Lyn who was placed in suspended animation to be rewoken during the reign of the Empire) but the datacard he recorded shortly before dieing is the best firsthand account of the war still around in modern times. It has been adapted into three Coruscanti operas due to its fame. It tells the story of Potts during the war including his duel with his former Master Jook-Jook H'broozin on Corulag and his killing of dark Jedi Knight Blendri and her apprentice Cuthallox. Blendri was his best friend and killing her was the most painful thing he had ever done. He never thought she was evil, he recalled that she just hated being told what to do. Since the main thing Xendor did to get others to join his cause was tell the other jedi that if they fllowed him, they wouldn't be restricted in what they could do, many jedi, including Blendri, joined the ranks and were seducted by the dark side.

But, this story will not revolve around him for the most part. It will revolve around other jedi rather than a glorified tale focusing on one bit player.

Reminder: Xendor and Ardyn Lyn will be npc's and probably wont get any or much screen time. I want the rp to be restricted to new characters and I may or may not incorporate Danzigorro Potts, Jook-Jook H'broozin, Cuthallox, and Blendri as playable characters but they will have to die at scripted moments and they don't have much background info as it is so they will be customizable.

Non-humans are allowed in the game but they will be restricted to species from the deep core, core worlds, some of the inner rim and some of the middle rim, being that during this time, many had not yet been discovered or were still primitive in terms of technology.

Rules:
    1.No godmodding.
    2.At the battle of Columus at the end of the rp, everyone will die unless they did not participate in the battle.
    3.Seeing as the Republic was new and still growing, Republic troops will rarely feature in the battles unless the Dark Jedi pose an active threat to the Republic and its people. They are confident the Jedi can handle it.
    4.Ask if you want an npc. I'm probably going to play Danzigorro Potts because I have a book that features his datacard speech.
    5.Remember the time period. I don't want to see amazingly accurate

2. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Looks interesting...[face_thinking]

3. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    yes, very. =D=

4. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006