main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First EUC Apprentice Lightsaber Tournament

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    The First EUC Apprentice Lightsaber Tournament

[image=http://www.starwarsaeons.com/mustafar_380.jpg]

The Rules

The First EUC Apprentice Tournament is designed to test the Sith, Jedi, Imperial Knights and Twilight Templars against each other in friendly, good natured competition. Judged on their form, duelling skills and general roleplaying etiquette, a board of five judges - one from each faction and one from the EU Senate itself - will pick which one wins, with a small additional explanation.

The scene, positioning in that scene and the issues of whom duels whom will be set by the Judges, and after that each duelist will be given a week to post at least three posts each, taking turns, the first poster being the one alphabetically first, in the opening rounds. Points will dictate the rest. At the weekend, the judges will post their scores to the thread, and a winner will be concluded by the last judge who posts.

[image=http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/sith-12.jpg]

The Judges

Galactic Defenders Judge: Kahn_Iceay
    Dominion of the Sith Judge: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO
    Imperial Knights Judge: Sinrebirth
    Twilight Templars Judge: Star_Rocker
    EU Senate Judge: Imperial_Hammer

May the Force be with you all, and good luck.

Lightsaber Forms

One Form, of any of the 7 Forms (including Vaapad)

[image=http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/8/12/lo/coe.jpg]

***Force Powers***

*All players are alloted 10 points*

For Jedi: Light Powers cost 3, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers are Unaccessible
    For Grey: Light Powers cost 4, Netural Powers cost 1, Dark Powers Cost 4
    For Sith: Light Powers are Unaccessible, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers cost 3

Light
    - Heal/Restore: Considerably recover from injuries. One time use per duel.
    - Enhance Neutral Skill: Allows a neutral skill to be used to x2 effectiveness on the same post. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Remove Fatigue: Increases effectiveness of final postings on end impressions. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Battle Meditation: Allowed one dodge per duel plus one non-lethal preemptive strike. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Slow (Remove) Poison: Lessens the poison's effectiveness, another point added cleanses the poison completely. Can be used twice.
    - Combat Sense: When used, the effects of Force Speed and Aura of Unease are mitigated. Can be used twice

Neutral
    - Concentration: Allowed one dodge per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Push: Allows its user to push opponents with the force. Can be used twice.
    - Pull: Allows its user to pull opponents with the force. Can be used twice.
    - Jump: Allows its user to jump up high into the air. Can be used twice.
    - Shield: Allows one block per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Speed: Increases the speed of ones movements. One time use per duel.

Dark
    - Bolt: Mini-Version of Lightning. One distance burst of electricity. Inflicts considerable damage. One time use per duel.
    - Aura of Unease: Hits will land easier as opponent is distracted/weakened. One time use per duel.
    - Inflict Pain: Hits will land slightly easier and some damage is alloted to opponent. One time use per duel.
    - Poison: Consistent weakening and damaging of opponent. Can be used twice.
    - Drain Energy: Inflicts slight damage on opponent and heals Sith slightly. One time use per duel.
    - Slow: Decreases the speed of your opponents movement. One time use per duel.

(Best > Worst)

Damage Inflicted: Bolt > Pain > Poison > Drain
    Distraction/Weakening Caused: Aura > Poison > Pain

[image=http://images.tomshardware.com/2007/06/01/the_best_star_wars_movie_moments/obi

2. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007
    Name: Nosvos Jerdu Onux Slmor
    Faction: Twilight Templars
    Form: Vapaad
    Weapon: (One lightsaber allowed, colour upto user)
    Powers: Slow(4 points) Push (1) Pull(1) speed (1) Jump (1) Concentration (1) Shield (1)

Wassup, I am ready to go guys........... :)

MAy the force be with you all........

3. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007

Sorry to double post but my lightsaber is red. :)

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Name: The_Loyal_Imperial
    Faction: Imperial Knights
    Form: Form II: Makashi
    Weapon: Silver-bladed lightsaber
    Powers: Push, Pull, Jump, Speed, Bolt, Shield, Concentration

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Name: Fauna Ti
    Faction: Templars of Twilight
    Form: Form II - Makashi
    Weapon: purple lightsaber
    Powers:
    Neutral: 6pts
    - Concentration: Allowed one dodge per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    - Push: Allows its user to push opponents with the force. Can be used twice.
    - Pull: Allows its user to pull opponents with the force. Can be used twice.
    - Jump: Allows its user to jump up high into the air. Can be used twice.

Light: 4 pts
    - Enhance Neutral Skill: Allows a neutral skill to be used to x2 effectiveness on the same post. Granted at beginning to be used at will.

6. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Name: Amanda Kamahuki
    Faction: Galactic Defenders
    Form: IV-Ataru
    Weapon: Purple lightsaber
    Powers:
    3- Heal/Restore: Considerably recover from injuries. One time use per duel.
    3- Enhance Neutral Skill: Allows a neutral skill to be used to x2 effectiveness on the same post. Granted at beginning to be used at will.
    2- Jump: Allows its user to jump up high into the air. Can be used twice.
    2- Shield: Allows one block per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will.

7. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Representing one of the two I'm proud to present myself o_O

Name: Darth Sabith
    Faction: Sith
    Form: Form II
    Weapon: Sith Sword made from Mandalorian Iron and Sith Alchemy (the blade is Deep Black with the edges Blood Red, and if that wasn't cool it's completly resistant to lightsabers.)

Powers:
    Neutral
    Pull: Allows its user to pull opponents with the force. Can be used twice.

Speed: Increases the speed of ones movements. One time use per duel.

Dark
    Poison: Consistent weakening and damaging of opponent. Can be used twice.

Drain Energy: Inflicts slight damage on opponent and heals Sith slightly. One time use per duel.

8. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    Second Representative for the Galactic Defenders

Name: Damkor Kirido
    Faction: Galactic Defenders (Jedi)
    Form: Vaapad
    Weapon: Green bladed lightsaber.
    Powers: Light-Heal/Restore 3points
    Light-Slow (remove) Poison 3points
    Neutral-Push 2points
    Neutral-Shield 2points

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    2nd representative for the Imperial Knights

Name: Amon_Amarth
    Faction: Imperial Knights
    Form: Form II: Makashi
    Weapon: Lightsaber, white-bladed
    Powers:
    Concentration: Allowed one dodge per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will. (1pt)
    Push: Allows its user to push opponents with the force. Can be used twice. (1pt)
    Jump: Allows its user to jump up high into the air. Can be used twice. (1pt)
    Shield: Allows one block per duel. Granted at beginning to be used at will. (1pt)
    Speed: Increases the speed of ones movements. One time use per duel. 1pt
    Heal/Restore: Considerably recover from injuries. One time use per duel. (4 points)

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Third representitive for the Galactic Defenders.

Name: Juerr (Trianii)
    Faction: Jedi
    Form: Ataru IV
    Weapon: Yellow lightsaber
    Powers:
    - Battle Meditation: Allowed one dodge per duel plus one non-lethal preemptive strike. Granted at beginning to be used at will.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: Mitth-Fisto, the Tournament is allowing two representatives per group. We are awaiting on the approved second Sith representative. Never fear, there will be another thrown as soon as this one is finished, but for this one you cannot enter.

12. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Sorry for the wait guys. Finals and all.

Name: Darth Idoneus
    Faction: Sith
    Form: Form V- Djem So
    Weapon: Single red lightsaber with a matte black hilt
    Powers:
    - Poison: Consistent weakening and damaging of opponent. Can be used twice. (3 points)
    - Push: Allows its user to push opponents with the force. Can be used twice. (2 Points)
    - Speed: Increases the speed of ones movements. One time use per duel. (2 points)
    - Aura of Unease: Hits will land easier as opponent is distracted/weakened. One time use per duel. (3 points)

Total=10 points

Who's ready to die?

:p

13. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: I don't think anyone is quite ready to die, to challenge your apparant ego perhaps, but not die.:D

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All discussion is to remain in the Imperial Knights Fan Club, remember. Greetings, I am Sinrebirth, Judge for the Imperial Knights. At the bidding of the other judges, I am to start proceedings, on behalf of Imperial_Hammer.

I will post up the first scenario on Sunday evening, which will be acted upon by the first two combatants. This scenario will apply to all the first round combatatants. Posters will have from Monday to Friday to post their actions, and then the judges will deliberate over the weekend, posting whom they thought won the duel.

The rules will be modified, slightly, before Monday, but you will be informed about that when it happens.

The main purpose of this post is to inform you who will be duelling in what order;

Round 1: 10th December - 15th December

Nosvos Jerdu Onux Slmor of the Twilight Templars

versus

The_Loyal_Imperial of the Imperial Knights

Round 2: 17th December - 21st December

Fauna Ti of the Twilight Templars

versus

Amanda Kamahuki of the Galactic Defenders

Round 3: 24th December - 28th January

Darth Sabith of the Dominion of Sith

versus

Damkor Kirido of the Galactic Defenders

Round 4: 31st December - 4th January

Amon_Amarth of the Imperial Knights

versus

Darth Idoneus of the Dominion of Sith

OOC: If there are any confusions regarding the dates, Mods, please edit away. I was never too good with numbers. Remember, the scenario will be up on Sunday, as will the rule additions, my friends.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Dec 20th - 27th?

I may have to forfeit... That's over Christmas and I can't guarantee I'll be around. I'll be around on the 20th and 21st. But I'm flying to California and then to Wisconsin. I think I will have the internet in California so 22nd - 25th, but when I fly to Wisconsin from the 25th - Jan 2nd, I don't know about that. [face_worried]

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Or you could just swap timeslots.

17. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    you guys know the 20th is on a Thursday right?

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The times will be edited shortly, as will the rules. My apologies for the confusion. Please don't start swapping slots, at least until the dates are organised.

I present the opening scenario, which will be applied to all duels taking place in the first round. Remember, the one whose CS's name begins with the first letter alphabetically will begin. So Jerdu will go before The_Loyal_Imperial. Good luck, my friends.

However, there remains one twist from our great EUC Emperor, GrandAdmiralJello. The tournament may not begin until he posts something important. I repeat; do not start until Jello posts. And do read the new rules. They are incredibly important, and will be pegged to the first post in red.

[b]The Abandoned Temple[/b]

Abandoned in the wastes of Bpfassh, the Temple here once belonged to Jedi - noble and pure. They fell to the dark side during the Clone Wars and were corrupted, only to be defeated by Master Yoda himself. With the worlds around Bpfassh caught up in the Clone Wars, there temple was abandoned, and ravaged by time.

Now, two combatants meet in one of the still-lit corridors of the temple. There remains the battered red blood-red carpet on the floor, and the glowpanels flicker regardless of the time they have wasted on such visions. Massive columns bracket the meters-wide carpet, and there is little on the floor apart from the occassional piece of fallen masonry and a ranat nest or two in the corners. The room is vast, and every sound will echo as if an epic is being sung.

At one end of this lit corridor stands one opponent, and the other, another. They have their blades, and they, as apprentices of the Force, know the risks are larger for them.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A glimmering, colossal hologram of the enthroned Emperor in all his regalia coalesces in the far end of the room. He regards the warriors solemnly - "Fight with honor. Glorify your school of the Force and do not shame it."

He symbolically drops a cloth.

"Begin."

EDIT: Remember to see the red edits of the first post and the new fighting schedule before you begin.

20. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Nosvos

Nosvos stands looking down the corridor awaiting his opponent. He see's him standing their awaiting his presence. "Hail, I am Nosvos Jerdu Onux Slmor, but enough of the pleasantry's let us do what we came here to do".

At these word his blade humms to life shimmering a crimson red, its light blending in to the blood stained carpet. It's light radiating throughout the dimly lit corridor casting red shadows upon the wall.

He didn't wait for his opponent to respond he used the force to try to slow him down and used it to speed himself as well, succesfully making himself faster and if his slow hit then he would be much faster and would be able to wear his opponent down.

He charged at his opponent and attacked with incredible speed at the left torso. Quickly redirecting for another attack he swung in an arc toward his opponents neck without seeing his results he attacked with what looked like to be an attack at his left torso but he flicks his wrist at the last second and makes an attack at the right instead, positioning himself under control so that a good parry was of easy access to him and a counter attack would be deflected possibly with ease, though with the right amount of skill a counter was not impossible to achieve.

tag: Loyal_Imperial

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Alric Sagitta, Imperial Knight Apprentice

As the holographic cloth the Emperor had dropped touched the floor, Alric Sagitta's opponent began to speak. "Hail, I am Nosvos Jerdu Onux Slmor, but enough of the pleasantries let us do what we came here to do". Igniting his lightsaber, its crimson blade matching the bloodstained carpet, Jerdu used the Force in an attempt to slow down Sagitta while enhancing his own speed as well, before charging fowards to attack.

Sagitta was no fool, however, and he used the Force to create a shield, blocking the attempt at slowing him. He then drew on the Force to enhance his own speed and activated his silver-bladed lightsaber, he would not be caught unawares so easily. Jerdu's moves were both swift and deadly, managing to make three potentially fatal attacks in a short amount of time, the mark of a wielder of Vaapad. Unfortunately for him, however, Sagitta was a practitioner of the Makashi style, often compared to that of a fencer. With his own knowledge of bladework and increased speed, Sagitta was able to avoid the first blow, duck backwards to avoid decapitation from the second, and then a quick step backwards to avoid what turned out to be a feint, coupled with a parry to deflect the third.

It was now the time to counterattack. Drawing once again on the Force, Sagitta pushed out at Jerdu, aiming to slam him into one of the mighty columns in the room, a potentially bone-snapping move.

TAG: Jerdu_Slmor

Force Powers Used: Shield, Speed, Push

22. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Nosvos

Sagitta was a practitioner of the Makashi style, often compared to that of a fencer. With his own knowledge of bladework and increased speed, Sagitta was able to avoid the first blow, duck backwards to avoid decapitation from the second, and then a quick step backwards to avoid what turned out to be a feint, coupled with a parry to deflect the third.

It was now the time to counterattack. Drawing once again on the Force, Sagitta pushed out at Jerdu, aiming to slam him into one of the mighty columns in the room, a potentially bone-snapping move.

As the attack was made the attempt to use the force to block it came upon him, but he did not to his opponents disbelief he merely used the force to jump with it adjusting his body so that he would not hit the column behind him it merely knicked his side creating what would be a bruise but nothing more. As he was flyin beside the column he reached out with his saber and cut it in half sending crumbling debree to the floor.

He used his momentum to finsh with a roll backwards rising to his feet. He then called upon the force again and sent three medium sized rock towards his opponent from the fallen debree.

FP used: (Jump and push was used)

OOC: I suggest that FP be used in all post as above for the simple reason of organization and will help your opponents comprehension of the last move.

Tag: Loyal_Imperial

23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007

Instead of using the Force to block the push, Jerdu instead jumped backwards with it, only hitting the side of the column instead of colliding straight into it. In that short amount of time he used his lightsaber to slice through the column, scattering debris around the floor. Jerdu finished his flight by rolling across the floor and coming up to his feet, after which he used the Force to hurl three medium sized pieces of debris at Sagitta.

Two could play at this game. Drawing on the Force, Sagitta jumped into the air and used the flying debris as a platform from which to kick off of to take his leap even higher. His goal: the top of one of the columns. During the brief moment in which his feet touched the column he quickly sliced a diagonal cut through the upper part of the column. Sliding downwards he aimed a second diagonal cut, but of the opposite angle, near the bottom. Instead of using the Force to throw debris, he was going to let gravity do it for him.

The mighty column slid off its base, falling downwards like a felled tree. The object in its path: Jerdu Slmor.

Force Powers Used: Jump

24. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Nosvos Jerdu Onux Slmor
    Such a skilled move was surprising to Jerdu he quickly, adapted to the situation however and rolled to the side of the falling column. It slammed with an echo that vibrated the foundation of the old temple. Dirt and dust went swirling around the room.

Jerdu knew that Makashi was a style that was about footwork and quick parrys. Strength was the best way to beat such a form. I wish I would have learned DJem So he thought then this duel would be much easier.

He quickly closed the distance betweem him and his opponent and attacked at the left torso sliding right and pivoting to prevent a counter stab, he then attacked quickly at the right torso and at the same time using the force to pull a piece of the column towards the lower back of his opponent. These attacks went simuaeltanously meaning the rock could not simply be jumped over.

The rock was not large however and would only create a small fracture in the back and possibly make his opponent slow down. "however" that is what would only "possibly" happen if the rock hit.

force power used: Force pull

OOC: This is a good duel I am enjoying this tremendously.

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007

Jerdu rolled to the side to avoid the falling column, which hit the floor with enough force to shake the entire room. Through the swirling dust Sagitta could see Jerdu approaching rapidly, bringing to duel back to a battle of lightsabers. Jerdu launched a flurry of attacks while at the same time using the Force to pull a small (but not insignificant) rock towards Sagitta's back.

To simplify an old saying, there are three ways in which to avoid something: go over, under, or around it. In this case over and around were out of the question, due to Jerdu's attacks, so under it was. Sagitta dropped to the floor and rolled backwards, both dodging Jerdu's blows and coming up behind the rock, which was now flying directly towards Jerdu.

OOC: As am I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.