main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The first ever Crisis of Infinite Drafts

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Wang Chi, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Zer0 and Claptrap can deal with him. Depending on who you play as in Borderlands 2, with Zer0 being one of the playable characters, you kill a very powerful angel.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Angel? The siren?

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, her name was Angel. How similar are Castiel's powers? Because I have no idea who he is.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    a siren and an angel... are not even remotely similar in any capacity.

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Castiel

powers are listed towards the bottom.

EDIT

looking over that list, not really sure how anyone you have does... anything to castiel in the slightest, even non-seraph version.

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I don't know remotely enough about Supernatural to comment on that one personally.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It's not seraph Castiel. Just regular angel Castiel. Which still makes him impervious to conventional weaponry, and well faster than anyone on the other team (Dean to Castiel who just disappeared and returned in a moment in Episode 606 You Can't Handle The Truth: "I thought you were going to look!" Castiel: "I did." Dean: "Where?" Castiel: "Everywhere." referring to Calumet City, IL, or roughly 7.3 square miles). Of course, that doesn't always translate to combat speed, as even Angels fighting each other can often be observed by humans trading blows, but it sometimes does, in several instances of Angels pulling the old Slasher Flick teleporting trope, and Castiel especially seems to enjoy the Disappearing Batman move. He's also got something of a sixth sense, in combat, seen in Episode 401 Lazarus Rising, when he stops an attack from Bobby behind his back while still looking at and engaging in a conversation with Dean. Castiel, in particular, is also one of the most formidable angels at his level. On multiple occasions he fights and defeats more than one other angel (in 518 he fights off and kills two angels attempting to collect Adam Milligan).

Prepared? Certainly Deathstroke and Co. could ensnare Castiel in some holy oil with little trouble. But the prep is on the other foot here, and Sam and Dean are not without their own tricks.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    And I wanna see Deathstroke and Deadshot contend with this

:p

In all seriousness though, These 3 are going into the battle knowing exactly what they are facing. Even without prep I don't think the assassins are coming out the other side winning, even if some of them do wake up in a hospital after dying, Bethany ain't around to pull them off the life support machine to get them back in battle. ;) :p

Heck, if we even get into the Mark of Cain/Knight of Hell stuff, which I am willing to actually overlook unless necessary, Dean's got a bag full of tricks and skills that make him capable of holding own, and Sam, don't forget Sam's no slouch in combat either.

And you guys already showed Castiel's abilities here. :p

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Dumbledore Conference

Darth Vader and the Younglings (Jedi Draft) vs. Yoda (Jedi Draft)

Sorry, I'm not horribly familiar with the canon. From what I can find (and what I have seen), Yoda is the better duelist, but there's an interesting dynamic here. Vader might be able to distract Yoda by endangering the younglings, but I think that most of his concentration will probably be on Yoda anyway. It could be a factor, but I believe Yoda is just better, overall.

If the Younglings turn on him, they don't really offer much resistance. Vader would kill them no problem again. More likely Yoda warns them away, if they listen to him, I think Vader will be too busy with the quick style of Yoda to really put them in harms way.

So Yoda

The Muppets/Jay and Silent Bob (M/TV Draft) vs. Wilt Chamberlain (Basketball Draft) *the coin says... basketball!*

I can't find the Muppets playing any basketball besides Swedish Chef that one time. They have got Super Grover, who can fly, but he's a bit of a klutz. Basketball, I think, is not really their game. Plenty entertaining, but I think Chamberlain wins after a chaotic, blooper filled exhibition.

Stargate SG-1 core team *prepared* (M/TV Draft) vs. The Rabbit of Caerbannog and Kazaam (Mythology)

Could have used more arguments on this one. I'm not seeing a lot they can do to Kazaam. Some light reality warping, teleportation, super strength, telekinesis. Plus, that Rabbit's dynamite. Myth Team unless the SG-1 is bringing something I'm unfamiliar with.

Slater [Corsair] *prepared* (Starfighter Draft) vs. Andre the Giant, Kane and Sting (Wrestling Draft) *coin has spoken... deathmatch! (the coin doesn't seem to be a wrestling fan...)*

Yeah. I can't see anything they can do to win. Slater

Lobster Bisque Conference

Jon Gruden/ Cara/ CT/ Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn/ Pedro Cerrano/ Billy Hoyle/ Sidney Dean (M/TV Draft) vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi *prepared* (Jedi Draft)

Obi-Wan. How unfortunate.

Deathstroke/ Deadshot/ Zer0/ Claptrap/ Michael Townley/ Franklin Clinton/ Trevor Philips/ Connor Kenway/ Edward Kenway (Videogame Draft) vs. Dean Winchester/ Sam Winchester/ Castiel *prepared* (M/TV Draft)

I don't see much to convince me that the video game version of Deathstroke and Deadshot can do anything to Castiel (I'd probably give Dean a pretty good chance against either of them head to head), and the Kenways are definitely not helping (to say nothing of the GTA guys). So. Yeah. Freewill is also prepared.

Jalen Rose/ Juwan Howard/ Jimmy King/ Ray Jackson [coached by Chris Webber] (Basketball Draft) TRUMPED with The Ultimate Warrior/ Randy "Macho Man" Savage [w/ Miss Elizabeth] (Wrestling Draft) vs. Sabrina Spellman/ Myrtel Mae Urkel/ Topanga Lawrence/ Alicia "Al" Lambert/ Barbara Walters *prepared* (M/TV Draft) *the coin hath spake... wrestling match!*

Thanks to the prep, I buy Sabrina cooking something up to turn them into pro Wrestlers. But! Are those wrestlers better than the Ultimate Maniacs? Barbara? Yes. Myrtel Mae? Sure. Topanga? I dunno. I like their chances, anyway, given that I don't guess the Fab Five will have much in the way of crowd support.

Barbara Walters

Bill Adama [Colonial Viper] (Starfighter Draft) vs. The Undertaker/ Paul Bearer (Wrestling Draft) *coin says... wrestling match!* And I can no longer press enter so I'll just say Undertaker takes it.

9. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to get an arg together, but things came up.

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Dumbledore Conference

Darth Vader and the Younglings (Jedi Draft) vs. Yoda (Jedi Draft)

Yoda is a superior dueler, more experience, and I believe that when it comes down to it, the younglings would listen to Yoda and get the **** out of the way.

So Yoda

The Muppets/Jay and Silent Bob (M/TV Draft) vs. Wilt Chamberlain (Basketball Draft) *the coin says... basketball!*

I'd watch this match 10 times. But Wilt wins every time.

Stargate SG-1 core team *prepared* (M/TV Draft) vs. The Rabbit of Caerbannog and Kazaam (Mythology)

Myth Team

Slater [Corsair] *prepared* (Starfighter Draft) vs. Andre the Giant, Kane and Sting (Wrestling Draft) *coin has spoken... deathmatch! (the coin doesn't seem to be a wrestling fan...)*

Slater

Lobster Bisque Conference

Jon Gruden/ Cara/ CT/ Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn/ Pedro Cerrano/ Billy Hoyle/ Sidney Dean (M/TV Draft) vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi *prepared* (Jedi Draft)

Obi-Wan..

Deathstroke/ Deadshot/ Zer0/ Claptrap/ Michael Townley/ Franklin Clinton/ Trevor Philips/ Connor Kenway/ Edward Kenway (Videogame Draft) vs. Dean Winchester/ Sam Winchester/ Castiel *prepared* (M/TV Draft)

What EF said. The prep seals it. Dean, Sam, Castiel.

Jalen Rose/ Juwan Howard/ Jimmy King/ Ray Jackson [coached by Chris Webber] (Basketball Draft) TRUMPED with The Ultimate Warrior/ Randy "Macho Man" Savage [w/ Miss Elizabeth] (Wrestling Draft) vs. Sabrina Spellman/ Myrtel Mae Urkel/ Topanga Lawrence/ Alicia "Al" Lambert/ Barbara Walters *prepared* (M/TV Draft) *the coin hath spake... wrestling match!*

I don't have much faith in Sabrina's magic, prepped or not. Plus they're going up against some legitimate, badass wrestlers. In a wrestling match. Plus the thought of the fab five in wrestling spandex is hilarious. Gonna go with Fab Five + Ultimate Warrior/Randy Savage.

Bill Adama [Colonial Viper] (Starfighter Draft) vs. The Undertaker/ Paul Bearer (Wrestling Draft) *coin says... wrestling match!*

Undertaker.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm glad I won, but a clarification please: do The Muppets include every "Muppet" or is it "The Muppets" -- because Grover, while a Muppet, isn't part of The Muppets. He's on Sesame Street, similar to Big Bird, Oscar, etc.

Kermit was basically the only crossover except for Big Bird -- notably as a separate entity ("... trying to break into public broadcasting!") -- as a cameo in The Muppet Movie.

12. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Good question, they are all considered muppets and created from Jim Henson.

Anyway, I protest the votes in our match. Nobody even considered the Dutch Rudder factor! Like Wilt would ever pass up that offer, mid game or not. :(

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I... think you underestimate Wilt's competitiveness. :p

Though, he'd beat the crap up out of Jay and Silent Bob and smoke up their stuff after...

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I don't understand why people are doubting Sabrina's magic with prep. With prep she always follows the pertinent spell in her book. Which is a big book of plot relevancy and always has been. These spells ALWAYS work for the intended purpose for at least a few days. Need to be rock stars? They were for a few weeks until the ego boost part of the drink took effect. But that was weeks. Harvey needed to be a good football player? He instantly became the best player on his team for a few games. Even as far back as Season 1 when she turned a classmate invisible, the spell worked. Worked really well. The mishap was that he then ran away. But that was due to a lack of understanding and common goal. Here, Barbara's going to have these girls a fine oiled machine that if they need someone to be invisible, then they'll know exactly where that person is while the other team doesn't. And surprise attacks are Wrestling staples.

So. Season 1: Turns friend invisible, spell works perfectly. No one can see him.
    Season 1: Geek Like Me: Turns Libby into a "geek". Works perfectly at first. The only hitch is that she didn't change Libby's aspirations.
    Something more relevant: Season 1: Sweet and Sour Victory - Sabrina gives herself master level kung fu skills and technique. She has this for weeks, considering she has enough time to amaze mr. Pool and get entered into a tournament and win said tournament. The only hitch there was her conscience. Again, NOTHING went bad with that spell. And that was season 1.
    Season 2: The band episode. The one I've been mentioning the most as it's the one I've probably seen the most recently.

And there were plenty of other times as she matured and gained her license and all that where, when she was able to think through her spell, they worked perfectly. The ONLY times mishaps occur with the spell itself are 1. when she's sick, 2. Pressed for time, 3. inexperienced. She is NONE of those things here. And she has first hand and second hand wrestling knowledge on the team, and one of the most famous and driven female investigative journalists to help provide intel and leadership. And if it's a numbers game, she's twinned herself numerous times.

15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    You underestimate Wilt's libido. 20k man, 20k.

16. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Oh ya don't say

EmpireForever likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I just wanna see Pedro Cerrano ask Obi-Wan Kenobi how he got his bat to stay so warm. Special hat for bats?

xblackout likes this.
  18. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Cerrano with a lightsaber would be golden.

19. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, I can see I'll be out-argued since I'm just now seeing the new matches. And the old verdicts. Not that any was a surprise. How did you do the coin flip with b-ball, wrestling, and deathmatch? Also, Webber is supposed to be player/coach, no?

As for the actual match, Sabrina has been in at least one on the show and did OK with no magic even though of course it was ridiculous. It was an ep where she had to represent the bride of some wedding against her father or something, played by Billy Gunn. I also agree with BaSSiL that she's very capable and her spells will probably work. In the later eps she's good enough to teach others how to properly use their magic.

So I misunderstood something about the boosts I guess. We can only use one per match? One per match from each judge, or just one? I don't even know what half of them do.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Also, what is actually allowed in this wrestling match? Are spells allowed during the match, or is it purely physical once the match starts?

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, you can use as many as you like per match, but they are strictly one time use unless re-gifted by the judges.

Also, I've been seeing the wrestling match as a normal wrestling match. As if it were charisma and theatrics with some form of skill thrown in that wins the match. That's why I've been stressing the prep. I don't think spells used on the opponent would be allowed during the match, but perhaps those on teammates would be. I dunno. Last sort've wrestling thing I watched was Celebrity Deathmatch on a bowling alley tv.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Look, if chairs, tables, concrete blocks, etc. are all allowed during wrestling matches then spells are in play y'know?

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    What kind of match is it? Normal? Tag? Cage? HELL IN A CELL???

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That looks like an old school Survivor Series match to me.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I assume every Wrestling Draft match in here is like the finale of the movie Ready to Rumble...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.