main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The first ever Crisis of Infinite Drafts

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Wang Chi, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That is ridiculous. Why would we not view them as they are portrayed on air, it is portrayed as real....both the persona and the violence.

Although I am willing to entertain it if the judges also view your team as nothing more than actors who have no military training and have no clue how to fly the planes they are in.....cause acting is just as fake as wrestling......except that my characters could still physically whoop yours.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But... that's not the premise of professional wrestling. The kafaybe is...

But that's why I ask the judges; are your guys bouncers who fake wrestling (and take a lot of punishment doing it, no doubt -- there's no question that's true) or are they the personas from the wrestling.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    But are the wrestlers on PPV stamina, or normal show stamina? They can take 8 million chair shots depending on the type of match, where 1 would half kill them in a normal match.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

We have to check with Triple H.

5. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Still ridiculous. Are your guys pilots or actors pretending to be pilots? Both wrestling and acting require the suspension of disbelief, which is basically what kayfabe....except a wrestler pretends to be real beyond the show where as an actor stops pretending off the set (in some cases).

Sorry man, that argument is ridiculous....but again I am alright with it as long as the judges look at your picks as just actors as well. Actors who probably have no training in the weapons they may have, nor ability to fly the crafts they are in as well as absolutely no training in military style fighting.

You are basically asking for my picks to be judged as actors pretending to be wrestlers, but want your actors to get all the benefits of their roles.

How does that make any sense at all?

Their actions during PPV is still part of the characters feats, don't see why we wouldn't consider that.....seeing as most of the fights we can use as evidence are going to be PPV based anyway.

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm sure there are some AKs lying under the ring.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Also there is no waiting period for a rifle or shotgun in most states, getting a firearm wouldn't be hard for anyone in most cases.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    FYI: New Jersey is not a no-waiting period state; it's 30-days give or take for firearm permits.

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Good thing a few states right next to Jersey have no waiting period....Delaware and Pennsylvania to be specific. Driving from jersey to either state and back should be no problem in the limited time given.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Wang Chi just wanted to make sure that you saw i wanted to do a wheel spin

12. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Ugh, okay, so I have news. Good news for me, bad news for the game. I just got promoted at work, and the immediate effect on my free time is that I'm now working 10 hour days as opposed to 8 hour days. But more than that, I'm moving at the end of January. I already knew the promotion was coming, but the understanding was that it would be closer to May or June if I wanted to stay in the area I'm already in. Then I was just told help was needed out of state and I could get the bump now if I was willing to move.

Bottom line is that I'm going to have so much on my plate over the next month that my time for this is going to be pretty much nil. And even after I get settled it's going to be a struggle.

So... options? Maybe EmpireForever could take over as commish, but I don't know if he's currently got the free time for that. And even then, my ability to judge would be extremely limited for a while.

Maybe just put this on hold, but again, it would be super slow going when it gets up and running. And we pretty much all know that slow sucks the fun right out of these things.

It's my own damned fault, really. The original idea behind this was just to be a super quick, super nonsensical thing to kill some time while the lists were worked on for the "real" drafts. I had to go and blow it up and make a full fledged thing out of it with the boosts and all the other junk.

Thoughts, folks? How do you guys wanna handle this?

13. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Uh. Ha ha. I'm also moving next month, and will be fairly busy. So.

Hey great game guys.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd be willing to come back after your schedule's settled down again. be a shame to just kill it though.

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I can run this thing if someone takes over as a replacement for my team. Might need some help on coming up with more boosts and anti-boosts though, since I'm not that creative.

Wang Chi
    EmpireForever

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I can also step in where needed, I've slowed down a bit at work.

Shurron, congrats on the promotion. We'll get some cover judging in the Jedi Draft, too.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "Wang Chi needs an enema!"

[​IMG]

Congratulations!

heels1785 likes this.
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    can we get the real shaq to come judge like someone tweet him

19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    i just posted that at 4:20 lol

heels1785 likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats on promotion.

I can do whatever roll as well. Or take Pointy G's team and run both, Lamar Hunt style.

21. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    It needs to continue. How can I do arguments in character as Chris Jericho if there is no draft anymore!?!?

I didn't even get a first chance to do it!!!!

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Congrats in the promotion man, also good luck on the move.

Let me know where I can help.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Congrats on the promotion and best of luck with the move. :)

So is Point Given going to take over?

24. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    There's another way maybe. We can do a mid-draft revamp of this thing and make it closer to what was originally intended. That means ****canning the boosts and penalties, which is a lot to keep track of on my end, and us judges just fire off judgments based on our whims and whatnot. That doesn't mean GM arguments are worthless, though. Lloyd's argument against Wes is a perfect example, and that kind of scenario would be perfectly reasonable in my mind, despite the lack of prep or boost usage. Of course, that means anyone still taking this thing remotely seriously would have to remove the stick from their bum immediately.

I still enjoy the idea of the boosts, but my instinct to theater off the wall matches is just too strong and I don't have time for that at all. Also, even with the streamline, things would still be pretty slow over the next month and change, but will likely get back to a nice pace once I'm settled in.

How's that sound?

25. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Whichever one means I win. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.