main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The First Extreme AU-er's Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Saber_Girl_Jaina, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Saber_Girl_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    Ladies and gentlemen, it came form the resource board, specifically from the Extreme AUer thread. This is the first of what I hope will be many challenges, and I've already been told the idea is "intriguing." So here it is, the First Extreme AU-er Challenge:

I challenge you to write a in which

1. a character remains in the role they started out in, or in an intermediate role (e.g. you could portray Corran Horn as a cop or a pilot, but not a Jedi). You may choose the character, but their role must have changed dramatically in the cannon. This includes characters such as Tycho Celchu, whose defection was mentioned but not shown.

2. that character interacts with a character whose role HAS changed in accordance with the cannon.

Focus at least in part on the way the relationship between the characters is different and/or similar to their cannon relationship. The fic may be of any length, but if it is longer than one post, please establish a seperate thread and simply post a link to it here. An index will be established in the first post of the Extreme AU-er thread.

May the Force be with you.

2. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Dec 6, 2005
  3. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Dec 6, 2005
    Ue! Again.

And that's Japanese folks, not a typo.

4. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Dec 6, 2005
    Why are we only getting responses in the Beyond board?

5. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Dec 6, 2005
  6. Saber_Girl_Jaina

Dec 6, 2005
    Happy holidays. Up.

7. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'll accept your challenge. :)

[b]Might Have Been[/b]

Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was sitting in a cantina on the planet Malastare. You wouldn?t expect to see someone like him in such a seedy place, but he had found long ago that such places were the best for clandestine meetings and dealing with illicit matters. He was there for neither reason; rather, he was having a corellian whiskey and observing the various sentient beings while waiting for his ship to be refueled.

Obi-Wan?s current mission had been to track down the assassin of a Coruscanti businessman. Mors Avarus had been the head of the Morav Corporation, a leader in holocube production. Obi-Wan had tracked the assassin to Malastare, but the trail had grown cold. The Temple had contacted him ordering his return. Apparently Avarus wasn?t as important as the new mission they had for him, whatever that was.

A commotion at the entrance caused Obi-Wan to look up. A light-haired boy, he figured around 14 standard years old, had entered the cantina. Several of the patrons were asking for his autograph. Obi-Wan turned to the being sitting next to him at the bar and asked, ?Who is that boy there?? The Twi'lek looked at him incredulously. ?You?ve never heard of Anakin Skywalker the famous pod-racer? That?s him right there. He?s here for the big race coming up. His odds are 1-2. It?s easy credits betting on that one.?

Skywalker. Where had he heard that name before? The boy from Tatooine, the one that helped Qui-Gon. Of course. Who would have thought he?d run into Anakin here. Qui-Gon had wanted to help the boy when he met him, but hadn?t been able to free him from slavery. He had planned on going back for him, but then Qui-Gon had been killed by Darth Maul. It had been several years since his Master?s death, but Obi-Wan still felt the ache of losing him.

So preoccupied was Obi-Wan with his thoughts, that he didn?t notice Anakin approaching him.
    ?What is someone from the core worlds doing in a dump like this? Before you ask how I know, your accent is a dead giveaway. You just scream Coruscanti aristocrat or businessman. That makes me curious. There?s nothing to do on Malastare other than pod-racing; nothing legal anyhow.? Anakin stared at him inquisitively.
    ?Who might you be?? Obi-Wan asked him in the tone one might use when indulging an overeager child.
    ?I?m Anakin Skywalker, the pod-racer.? He replied. ?I?m the only human that can do it. I?ve won several races, including the Boonta Eve on Tatooine? He added with pride.
    ?Is that so? How remarkable.?
    ?Hey! Skywalker, time to go.? Obi-Wan saw the Toydarian who had spoken approaching them.
    ?Sorry, I have to go. That?s my master, Watto. It was nice to have met you, sir.? Anakin reluctantly left with the Toydarian.

Obi-Wan watched as the two left the cantina. He had to shake off the feeling that he should have not let the boy leave. It wasn?t his responsibly to free slaves. He paid his tab and headed to his ship. As he was lifting off, he couldn?t help but wonder what might have been, if Qui-Gon had freed the boy when they visited Tatooine years ago.

8. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Whoop! I like that...I always thought that Anakin would indulge in podracing if he didn't become a Jedi.

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Thanks Alley! I figure he would podrace and maybe take up other kinds of racing or something when he got older. Especially if Watto still owned him. He'd be in it for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.