The first game you ever played

Discussion in 'Games' started by General Immodet, Mar 23, 2013.

1. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    What is the first game you ever played?
    Since I only had a computer available in 1999. The first game I played was Midtown Madness because I got it for free when we decided to buy a computer at home.
    Son of a Bith likes this.
  2. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Uhh probably the Spyro series for the PS1
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    1st game that I played on my own home console is Super Mario Bros for NES in 1987.

But I've played arcade games and on friends' Ataris before that, can't really remember the 1st. Might've been the 1983 Star Wars Arcade, or maybe Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Q-Bert, Centipede. But for the sake of these boards, I'll go with Star Wars, lol
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I think it was called Grit Ball and it was one of the first home game console games. It was basically a ripoff of Pong.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Probably one of the Solitaire games under Windows. My first (and only) console is the PS2 I got so I could play Bounty Hunter.
  6. hunter77 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hmm.. It was either Star Wars Shadows of the Empire or somekind of flying game, think it was called Pilotwings for N64 :D
  7. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Grievousdude Jedi Master

star 3
    Rayman on PS1. Still love it today.
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I think it was Thexder or Alley Cat on the PC.
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  10. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    I can honestly say that I was too young to remember.

The first game I remember completing was Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. I still own the PS1 disc actually, and stick it in for nostalgia's sake every now and then.
  11. Life Jedi Master

star 2
    Super Mario Bros.
    Trimaj, Slash78 and Lady_Misty like this.
  12. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Probably Super Mario World, since the SNES was my first console. Though I can't remember for sure.
  13. Champion of the Force Force Ghost

star 4
    The first game I ever played would have been some sort of game at the local arcade around the late 1980s. I also would have played my cousin's Atari around the same time.

The first computer game I ever played was some golf game on my school's Apple ][ in 1989.

The first game I ever played on a machine we owned was Space Quest I in 1991 (on our new PC - a 386 IBM Compatible, with it's whopping huge 40mb hard drive :p ).
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  15. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    One of the first arcade games I remember playing was something at a skating rink with knock-offs of TIE Fighters. It might have been the game from the 1980 movie "Midnight Madness", but I'm guessing there were several similar games at the time when everyone was copying SW in some way or another.
    Here is the scene (1:17):

The first game I played at home was Combat because it was included with my Atari. I'm guessing I might have played Atari at someone else's house before that.
    Last edited by Bobatron, Mar 24, 2013
    Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  16. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Either Gyromite or Duck Hunt, that's what came with the NES way back when.

Amazing.
  17. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    When I think of it, I kind of miss the old arcade games. Although games have become better and better over the years, those arcade games were still fun to play back in the day.
    Somehow, it makes me feel nostalgic.
    CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  18. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Agreed. I miss a bunch of those old games! Star Wars, Contra, Robocop, TMNT, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon(to name a few off the top of my head).
  19. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I wish I had time and patience to get out my Nintendo games and play from beginning to end but I don't feel like putting in several hours just to die three times and have to start all over again. It is neat how I can remember where hidden items are located or know which way to go.
    The older arcade (and Atari) games were simple and didn't really have an ending. The same thing was just played over and over again and achievement was gauged through points, although I never cared about points. I just wanted to play. I never put my initials into a game when I was done. That can probably be psychoanalyzed some kind of way. Simple stuff like Defender or Warlords or Dig Dug allowed for the imagination to flourish while playing. I often read of the "Video Game Crash of 1984" or negative comments about the look of Atari's Pac-Man version, but to a little kid, none of that mattered. It was Pac-Man either way, and arcades were just as alluring and crowded for the rest of the decade.
  20. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I simply can't remember. I'm pretty certain it was Pong or a variation thereof that I played in this Mattel console my uncle acquired so many decades ago. Then a little while later we somehow got a ahold of an Atari 2600. Regardless, I've always loved video games in one way our another.
  21. hunter77 Jedi Master

star 1
    Omg! That was one of the first games i ever played. Well actually my dad played it, i watched :) I still have it somewhere, so many memories :3
    You're the first person i'v ever seen, to have owned that game :)
    07jonesj likes this.
  22. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    :D

I actually pulled it out a couple of hours ago. Still a fun platformer, and I remember where some of the gems were. Astounds me how far games have come in a mere 15 years though.

Beat the first boss, and must have upped my gamer skill somewhat since I was young. I remember spending ages on that big duck.
    hunter77 likes this.
  23. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm not actually sure if I remember the first game I ever played, but I certainly view Gex: Enter the Gecko as the earliest I remember. The first game and console(PS1) I ever got in Christmas of 98. I still own the disc and play through it occasionally today. I think the first video game I actually saw was Destruction Derby, but I'm not positive when I first really noticed video games but 98 was the big year I noticed them.
  24. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    From memory the earliest one was Ghostbusters. On the Commodore 64.

...what? You think your fingers fall off when you hit 30 or something?
    Trimaj, Life and 07jonesj like this.
  25. Darth-Lando Force Ghost

star 6
    Thee earliest gaming memory I have is of playing Black Cauldron on my friends computer in the mid 80s. No clue if that was the first game I ever played though.