main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by EMPEROR_WINDU, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Easy round in my opinion.

Championship Conference

Cade Skywalker trumped w/ Shado Vao vs Desann trumped w/ Tavion

I'm surprised this is even being debated. Like Shurron said, his pair are simply better than Jello's pair. If Ghost 1 and 2 are taken into account, it merely pushes the match further in Shurron's favor.

Winner: Vao/Skywalker

Consolation Conference

Jerec vs Kit Fisto (prepared on Mon Cal)

Winner: Fisto

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Uh, Jerec would squish Kit.

Also: Desann's got crazy raw power, too, and was enough to give Mr. Kyle "I Kill Demigods While Still A Noob" Katarn a run for his money. At this point, he's better than Cade.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    No, he ain't. Any raw power feat he has can be matched and/or surpassed by Cade. In terms of displayed raw power, Cade breaks the top ten in the entire draft. No bull****.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Ron is right on.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
  6. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Next please

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Sounds like a good idea to me. :p

Championship Conference

Dragons of the Black Pool: Redux (1-1) vs The Empire is victorious on all fronts (1-1)

Consolation Conference

The Time Strutters (1-1) vs Rawk Steady and Beebop (1-1)

The next # to be called is: [b][u]2[/u][/b]

[hl=yellow][color=green][b]Championship Conference[/b][/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Kyp Durron (prepared on the Coruscant Jedi Temple ruins)[/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=teal]Darth Bane[/color]

[hl=red][b][color=silver]Consolation Conference[/color][/b][/hl]

[color=darkblue]Lady Lumiya (prepared at Roqoo Depot)[/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=skyblue]Quinlain Vos[/color]

8. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    If Lumiya can push Luke Skywalker all the way, she can take Quinlan Vos, especially in a crowded place with 24 hours preperation.

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    There's an important difference to take note of though...and that's the fact that Luke wasn't really trying to kill her. Quinlain won't make that mistake. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it's important to note.

10. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Where'd you get that from? Of course Luke was trying to kill her - Lumiya's was saved by playing on Jedi compassion for the innocent. Quinlan will have the same problem (unless you're considering him to be darkside - which, of course, would screw with your teams cohesion...)

11. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Perhaps we had different interpretations of the battle, but I remember reading it and thinking "huh, Luke should have just killed her". I may be totally wrong, but it seems that Luke is always trying to convert rather than kill. I don't think Lumiya is on Luke's level, which would imply that Luke was holding back.

12. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh, I agree that Lumiya's is not really on Lukes level - when the match is played at a neutral venue. However, she's shown that she's a master of preparation and manipulation for when she goes in to a fight with a fair amount of warning. She's pretty skilled with that lightwhip and has a fair bit of power, considering she can do some pretty nifty force projections.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd LOVE to hear something from Kyp's GM

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    No time now. Later tonight hopefully.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    convinced me

Kyp wins

16. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    It's all about who gets to the Force nexus first, since these two are both pretty ****ing powerful. And since Kyp's prepped...

17. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
  18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, it's like this: Bane's very, very powerful. But then, so is Kyp. Pretty much any feat of power Bane can muster can be matched, or even surpassed by one of Kyp's. Like what happened to Luke when he first tested him, the thing with Yavin and the Sun Crusher (even if it was with help, it's still an absolutely absurd feat) when he was still a n00b, what he did to that Vong warship, absorbing Force lightning, etc, etc. And he's only that much more refined and experienced now.

I would give skill to Bane, but then Kyp has the prep advantage. The location could help them both, but Kyp's got the drop on him. The inside track on the location and plenty of time with which to figure how out best to use it. Bane doesn't have that luxury, and he's never faced anyone who can match him in power. And he's certainly going to be put off, even if it's for no more than a few seconds, by the ridiculous level of power Kyp's going to throw at him with the Force Nexus at his back. If not take him down outright, the initial assault is going to, at the very least, injure Bane, putting him at a disadvantage for the rest of the fight as well.

Won't be easy, but Kyp can take this.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    In all seriousness, Kyp's prep gives him enough time to fully take advantage of his surroundings before Bane can, and the close level of power and skill makes the prep a truly deciding factor.

At the same time, prep time is very dangerous to have on someone as skilled with "force tricks" as Lumiya is, and I see that being an edge to defeating her opponent as well.

Kyp and Lumiya

20. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I agree with Inty on Kyp over Bane. Between having the advantage in 24 hour head start, and the closeness in power and skill, Kyp takes it.

I am disagreeing with the second match, and sending it to Ron. Vos has proved to be able to survive tough spots, and Lumiya has well laidout plans that have lead to failure before.

21. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Might've given the first match to Bane. Anyways, on this next match. Simply put, I just haven't at all been impressed with Lumiya. Vos has solid stuff, Lumiya can fight well against Luke with a truckload of advantages in crowded places (though loses to a second-rate Jedi Master on another occasion), which in my opinion will not be enough to compete with Vos. The prep however, gives her these advantages, though a very large advantage is taken away from her with Vos as her opponent I think. I just don't see Vos stopping to help a civilian or two that Lumiya may place in danger. Plus, Vos is very resourceful and Lumiya doesn't have a single (important) victory under her belt.

22. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
  23. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
  24. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
  25. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/5e/150px-Kid_Buu_-_Budokai_3.jpg]
    Boo

[image=http://qilink.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1130231183.jpg]
    Oob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.