The First Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by EMPEROR_WINDU, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    No, because Farfalla should probably lose. Or maybe not, but I don't really care at this point. We're talking about somebody who has killed tons of Sith, including his opponent. Either way, it's a close match. And Kypt's right, for Farfalalalala, it's pretty much all rep. Or at least, not specific feats and the like. Meh.
  2. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    cool then.

I'll take Kopecz for the win, Despised
  3. Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
  5. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
  6. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
  7. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
  8. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Championship Conference

Shad (3-4) vs The Empire is victorious on all fronts (4-3)

Consolation Conference

The Time Strutters (4-3) vs Rawk Steady and Beebop (3-4)

The last # is: 4

Championship Conference

Shado Vao (forfeit) vs Kar Vastor

Consolation Conference

Vergere (prepped on Myrkr Worldship) vs Obi-Wan Kenobi/>
  9. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Yeah, if I couldn't get this prep to win over Bane, then I don't think it'll get over the much more resourceful and skilled Obi-Wan. I concede.

Lets bring on teams!!
  10. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    Kenobi

edit: or what Kyp said
  11. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Championship Conference

Dragons of the Black Pool: Redux (4-4) vs The Empire is victorious on all fronts (4-4)

Consolation Conference

The Time Strutters (4-4) vs Rawk Steady and Beebop (4-4)

Let me take this moment to LOL @ the judges, I feel for you but it in no way makes ending this draft with 2 team matches any less funny. [face_laugh]

Championship Conference

Luke Skywalker, Kol Skywalker, Lord Hoth, Kyp Durron, Cade Skywalker, Tresina Lobi, Shado Vao, Ikrit, Odan-Urr, Zekk vs Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Malak, Asajj Ventress, Kar Vastor, Desann, Tavion, Uthar Wynn, Darth Bandon, Sirak

Consolation Conference

Jacen Solo, Lumiya, Darth Krayt, Darth Nihl, Darth Talon, Jerec, Lord Kopecz, Darth Zannah, Vergere, Marka Ragnos vs Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Quinlan Vos, Depa Billaba, Shaak Ti, Ben Skywalker, Tesar Sebatyne, Valenthyne Farfalla, The Poofster, Tholme

LET'S GET IT ON!/>
  12. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    The Time Strutters vs. Rawk Steady and Beebop

Jacen Solo > Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Lady Lumiya => Kit Fisto
    Darth Krayt > Quinlan Vos
    Darth Nihl > Depa Billaba
    Darth Talon < Shaak Ti
    Jerec >> Ben Skywalker
    Lork Kopecz > Tesar Sebatyne
    Darth Zannah < Valenthyne Farfalla
    Vergere = Yarael Poof
    Marka Ragnos > Tholme

Individual edge to me, especially at the top.

Skill. At first, Prenn's team seems to have an advantage, especially with people like Kenobi, Billaba, Ti and Vos. However, whilst they may have an advantage in that department, it's by no means big. Jacen is no slouch, Lumiya has trained for years with her lightwhip and can match Luke Skywalker, Krayt and his hands who have shown that they are skilled against force users, and from what we've seen from Kopecz matches nearly anyone from the opposing team. This is either a draw or a slight advantage to Prenn's team.

Power. Prenn's team really hasn't shown much power. Even Ben, though he's a Skywalker, hasn't shown he can control his power yet. On the other hand, my side has people like Jacen, who's been shown to have grown immensely in power over the last few years, Nihl whose Force Lightning is quite impressive, Jerec who was third in the Empire in terms of power prior to any Valley of the Jedi nonesense. Big advantage to me.

Cohesion. For a Darkside team, my guys don't have too many problems. Some nice connections, and nothing that really hurts cohesion. The other side seems to be better, although Billaba went crazy and betrayed the Jedi, and Vos went dark for a while. That can create doubts. Ben, at the time this draft started, is also a member of Jacen!Youth, so he might not be great for cohesion. Again, close to even, maybe a slight edge to Prenn.

Experience Jacen's been in action for a long time now, including the Shadow Academy, the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Dark Nest Crisis and now the GA/Confederacy war. Lumiya's fought numerous skilled force users, including Luke and Mara Jade (the Capriolli incident), Krayt's been around for at least 100 years, Jerec was active throughout the Dark Times, hunting Jedi and Kopecz had been fighting in the Sith Wars for a long time prior to PoD. Most of the Prequal Jedi never did any real fighting until the clone wars apart from Kenobi, and most of that is against droids, not the best opponents. Experience to me.

Overall With a large Power edge, as well as edges at an individual level and in experience, the win should go to me.
  13. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Jacen Solo => Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Lady Lumiya => Kit Fisto
    Darth Krayt > Quinlan Vos
    Darth Nihl > Depa Billaba
    Darth Talon < Shaak Ti
    Jerec > Ben Skywalker
    Lork Kopecz => Tesar Sebatyne
    Darth Zannah < Valenthyne Farfalla
    Vergere = Yarael Poof
    Marka Ragnos => Tholme

Skill: As Kyp said, small edge to me. I have some of the most skilled fighters on the board, and Kyp has Lumiya most notably. Jacen is insane with power and the like, but he's not that greatly skilled with a sabre. And we already agreed that Lumiya can't match Luke Skywalker, in neutral settings.

Power: Goes to Kyp, fo sho. Not going to argue here, though I do have some pretty powerful cats. Ben, Depa, and Tesar certainly don't hurt here.

Cohesion: I don't care how you slice it, he has a crap load of ego on that boat, and there's going to be problems. Jacen is a great leader, but I'd say that AT LEAST, our choesion is the same. Though I don't even know about that. I don't see any problems arising with Ben, Obi can keep him in line. Plus, I have teh almighty BM with the Poofster.

Experience: There's no way a huge edge for experience to Kyp. I have one of the most experienced Jedi from the Clone Wars, and one of the most experienced Jedi from the Sith Wars. Tesar has all the fighting experience Jacen has, except for like the GA Confederation War, but all the stuff that Jacen's done there won't help in this fight at all, and my others aren't newbs. And if we're talking quality of opponents for my prequel cats, what about Jacen. He's faced what...the Vong, and one or two Jedi, and a crap load of bumbling terrorists.

I have one of the most resourceful people on the board leading my team, and there's nobody who I'd rather have to face the ridiculous weirdness of Jacen and Lumiya. If there's anybody who can neutralize those two, it's Obi. The edge between Obi and Jeacen isn't that large yet, and with small things like Depa's Vaapad, and Poof's BM, I think that my team scratches this one out.
  14. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    I am leaning towards Dragons of the Black Pool: Redux and The Time Strutters, but I'd love to hear arguments from both sides in both matches.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, it is going to be an uphill argument for me so give me some time to put something together. :)
  16. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I should have something up later tonight.
  17. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Good luck to both of you, either way it is guaranteed to be an exciting finish.
  18. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    I thought you might try to invoke the "Commish wins" clause ...
  19. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I should, I think that is the only way I will ever win one of these things. :p
  20. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alright, a few words here.

Power - My guys, no question. The most powerful guy in the draft at the top, with Kol, Kyp, Cade, and to a litte lesser degree, Hoth. All of my top half can rock the house in terms of power. Of course, they're no slouches either with Vader and Bane, and then on the next tier down, Malak and Vastor. They can hang with us up top, but my dudes are still superior there. And then there's Ikrit, who provides a level of power in our backfield that has no business being back there. The only member of their backfield that even comes remotely close to him in terms of power is Desann. And all of my remaining four can pull their share of the load as well. None of them are helpless in that regard. Especially Urr.

Skill - Meh. I probably give them a slight edge here. Mostly because of the weak spots that are Ikrit and Urr on my squad. I don't see any glaring weak spots on that team like those two. Still, having the most skilled dude in the draft helps out again. And with other specific highlights like Kol, Hoth, Lobi, Shado and even Zekk, whose skill is not tenth round-esque, my guys keep it real, real close.

Cohesion - roflwaffles. Vader/Ventress and Bane/Sirak highlight the cohesive nonsense going on over there. Not only that, but Bane doesn't seem like the type to have much patience for Sith wanabees like Ventress. Especially when he's an absolute fanatic when it comes to the Rule of Two. But that's sorta piffling. Whatever.

But then there's Luke, Kol and Cade, with any problems Cade might have practically flying out the window at warp speed thanks to his dad being with him here. And then Shado, who's Kol's former Padawan and a close friend to Cade. Kyp's pretty much proven that he has Luke's back these days. This isn't NJO Kyp anymore. And Lobi, Ikrit and Zekk all fall under Luke like Tetris blocks.

Hoth doesn't gel with anyone in particular, but it's a pretty well-known fact that Luke isn't the most natural or comfortable leader out there. I mean, he can do it, but it's not his preference if he can help it. Hoth is a proven and brilliant leader of Jedi, and he's done it during one of the trying times in their entire history. He's not quite Revan-level, but...

So he can step in to lead these guys, or maybe even share leadership with Kol, who's also said to be excellent in that regard as well. And the only other guy who doesn't have any specific connections, Urr, brings BM to the squad.

We mop the floor with them in cohesion.

Experience - For some reason, I hate trying to break down experience. It's the least important aspect, anyways. We've got a bunch, highlighted by Luke, Hoth, Kol, Cade, Shado and Zekk. They've got a bunch, highlighted by Vader, Bane, Ventress and... okay, actually they don't have as much. More weak spots that we do at any rate. Edge to us.

So, yeah.
  21. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    End this trainwreck already...
  22. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    I'm just trying to give Jello a fair chance to get an argument up, so he can't complain too loudly when I vote against him. :p

We'll get to the next draft, so you can pwn it soon, Suzuki.
  23. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Dammit, I'll probably have to miss the next drat. Stupid camp.
  24. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    There's usually a bit of time between drafts, PRENN. Aren't you only gone for a week?
  25. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    No, because then I'll be here for like 10 days, and then leave again for the whole month of July.

We have a computer up there, but we only get on if it's extenuating circumstances, and if I try to convince them that the a Jedi Draft on a SW message board is an extenuating circumstance then 1. I'll be mocked and kicked and wedgied and exiled into the depths of the underworld for being a SW nerd etc. 2. They probably won't believe me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.