main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The First Jedi Temple!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SexyRey, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's what I was thinking.

Yoda #1: An energy field, I sense.
    Yoda #2: Sense it too, I do.
    Yoda #3: The Force, I shall call it.

ShaneP likes this.
  2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    What if inside one of those buildings is a little Yoda(Yodays?) mausoleum? That would rock.

Man, I love that ending. Fantastic. And that way without need of any special effects whatsoever.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    A Yoda mausoleum would rock so hard! I'd faint in the glory of it! At last, the history of the Jedi and the Yodas explained!

What "ending"?

4. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    It makes perfect sense for Luke to seek the place out after his failed attempt at teaching the next force sensitive generation. He must have blamed himself for what Ben turned into and in order to never repeat that, it's like he went to the birthplace of the order to try uncover a solution.

Also I love how at the end of TFA, Rey is face to face with someone she thought was a myth and on the path to become a jedi knight, something she didn't even know was real while she lived on Jakku.

5. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    What ending do you speak? Cliffhanger, it is. Literally on the cliffs and ending.

6. Bishman

Bishman Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2015

I understood what you were trying to say, just giving you a hard time.

7. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013

Whoops! Jar Jar moment. My bad!

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No problemo. :D

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Adding to what we were saying about Yodas discovery The Force, I wonder if initially they didn't train for combat but then started training for combat to counter the Sith (or Snoke or the Ren depending on how long they've been around).

10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Maz #1: I see your ears. I know your ears!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Well that's the thing. It's been assumed, and it was written in the Episode One novel, that the Jedi came first and a rogue one broke off and started the Sith.

The novel's author, Terry Brooks, stated at the time that Lucas worked with him on the background of the Sith and Jedi and Bane, rule of two, etc.

Now that the EU is Legends, I don't know how much new canon adheres to the movie novelizations.

Maybe the Sith are older now? Maybe the Jedi came later?

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. The TPM novelization doesn't say what the Jedi were like before the Sith formed. They very well could have been pacifists.
    2. A holocron in one of the canon comics says, "Once, we were brothers in The Force, but from the Hundred-Year Darknesss was born the Sith."

Shaak Ti likes this.
  13. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

The movies doesn't need to have the exactly same structure of the OT, in fact i hope they don't, to assume Rey won't be there in the first act because of what happened on ESB is a stretch, we gonna see AT-T marching on the new Resistance base?

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No we will see UT-ATs. Underwater Terrain Armored Transport. :p

15. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Unsurprisingly (for me), the Felucia stuff was the worst concept art in the book. And for the most part, my least favorite artwork for TFA comes from the guy most responsible for the look of ROTS and AOTC - Ryan Church. Though McCaig produced some clunkers as well.

I hope Chiang (and a few of the other senior artists on the team) are the main drivers of the look of 8 and 9. He's the heir to McQuarrie, in my book.

16. JJRosso

JJRosso Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    I disagree. All films follw the same path. I wont go all ring theory here, but for me, its more of a Star Wars template that the films follow. Im sure Kathleen Kennedy will make sure the new movies follow the money making template the OT designed

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I would love to see Mcquarie's original artwork of the first Temple if there was one ever concepted then. Or even if Episode I has any sketches. This is most interesting and i really hope they don't leave that island until we see this temple.

18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Well they will still be on "that island" so there is hope. Planet is called Ach-to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.