main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Naboo Journey

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jan 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Twenty-Year-Old, Obi-Wan Kenobi, sat in the Jedi Temple Inside his chambers, thinking of the future. He crossed his legs on the bare, cold floor, and closed his eyes again.

~~~~~~ lightsabers crackled......a boy ran across a field of deep green grass. His face was shadowed, and Obi-Wan couldn't make it out. Fear closed in his heart, as he saw himself running now. Running, trying desperatly to save someone in the distance. " WAIT!" He cried. He couldn't catch up to the person. They were just to far away. And Obi-Wan was tired. So tired beyond words. The person he was chasing, was then killed, right before him. The body then fell, fell...Untill it hit the floor, right at Obi-Wan's feet.

Obi-Wan gasped in horror, when he saw the person's face. It was, his own.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan then snapped open his blue eyes. His breath came in short, raspy breaths of air. He stood up, trying to force himself fully awake.
    The vision had been so strong. It had held him, and wouldn't let him go.

The bright sunlight, and smells, still assulted his senses. The sound of water, rang in his ears.

He had to talk to someone. Obi-Wan first thought of his master. But he knew that Qui-Gon didn't hold much regard to visions. He would tell him to focus on the here, and now, as he always did.

No...For this, he had to see Yoda!

Yoda would know what to do about this.

2. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    Great start, can't wait to see what Yoda has to say.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    " What brings you here, before dawn, Young Padawan?" A very tired Mace Windu asked, trying to hold back his anoyance at being awaken by a new presence in this part of the temple so very early in the day.

" I wish to see master Yoda, to discuss somthing, master Windu!" Exclaimed Obi-Wan.

" Why so early, Obi-Wan? And why not see Qui-Gon first? I sense you wish not to bring him in on this." Mace said curiously.

" That is correct master. At least, not yet! I would really like to continue this with Yoda, please!" Obi-Wan said, trying to brush past Windu, to get farther down the hall, to Yoda's chamber door.

The little master would help him. Obi-Wan was certain of it.

Mace finally moved aside. " Very well, Obi-Wan. Go ahead to see master Yoda. I hope this is an, IMPORTANT matter!" Windu exclaimed rather harshly.

Obi-Wan bothered to say nothing, and continue his way to Yoda's chambers. Mace often displayed odd behavior lately. Obi-Wan hated to admit it, but he was getting used to it.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan knocked on the chamber door. It was half his size, and he would have to bend considerably down, before he could get inside.
    These were Yoda's personal rooms, constructed just for him.

After about three minutes, the little door began to open.
    Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relif. Yoda hated to be awakened early. It was a miracle in itself, that he was even going to admit him, at 4 am.

Yoda yawned, as the door opened, to reveal the little Jedi.
    His hair was everywhere, but the little Jedi was dressed in full Jedi gear, as always.

" Master Yoda, my deepest appoliges for disrupting your sleep, but I must speak to you master. Its very important!" Obi-Wan said, stuttering slightly. For a Jedi Master so small, Yoda could make anyone, any size, nervous.

" What is so important, Hmf? Awake I am, still waiting for why? Hmf." Yoda said, in his raspy, tired voice.

Obi-Wan sighed, and forced away the nervousness, so he could speak. " It has to do with master....saving someone's life!" Obi-Wan said, getting the words out with effort.

" Saving a life, ahhhh. Come in than. Come!" Yoda said, suddenly all interested, and inviting.

Obi-Wan knodded, as he squatted to the floor, and crawled inside to the little rooms.
    Yoda shook his head, as he followed the boy inside.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan sat in the center of Yoda's quarters, waiting for Yoda to join him. When he did, he told the little Jedi all about the vision.

" So do you have an idea, of where this all happens?" Obi-Wan questioned curiously.

Yoda shook his head. " The future is always difficult to see. This, you know." The Jedi Master said firmly.

" Yes master. I just fear that this is going to happen, very soon." Obi-Wan said, full of concern.

" fear death, do you?" Yoda asked, a little suprised, this coming from such an old student.

" Of course not master. It happens to all things living. I just feel that this coming tragedy, is wrong somehow. I want to see if I can stop it, before it happens."

" Interfere with future events, do you?" Yoda said, a little upset now. He sighed deeply, to calm himself.

" I don't want to. I just feel that this will change alot of things. Many important things, that should have been stoped somehow."

Yoda scowled at him. " All things happen, when they do, for a reason, they do...Yes. Yoda scolded. Why does this bother you so?"

" Im not really certain master. I just want to investigate this farther. to learn more." Obi-Wan said, getting a little upset himself now.

Yoda looked at him, As if deciding somthing.

" Fine. Away you go then. See this personal quest of your's threw. Come back, when ready are you." Yoda said, shaking his head.
    He really didn't want to let him go, but felt that Obi-Wan wasn't going to let this matter drop.

" Where should I go master? That was one of my questions." Obi-Wan said urgently, as Yoda began to stalk back to his bed chamber.

Yoda stoped, and turned to face him.

" To Naboo, you go. But go the way alone." Yoda said. The Jedi master then said no more, and went back inside his bed chamber, to sleep.

" Go the way alone?" Obi-Wan said softly.

The Jedi Padawan then made his way out of Yoda's chambers, to head back to his own chambers, to pack for his first journey to Naboo.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan sat at his computer consol for nearly three hours, studying anything he could find about the beautiful lush world of Naboo.

What interested him greatly was the fact that Naboo elected their world leader as a Monarch. The time of the last ruler, a King, was now at an end, and the Naboo people were about to elect the next Monarch into office. This greatly intriged Obi-Wan. The file on the next offical was vague. The newest "Princess Of Naboo" , was just a fourteen-year-old girl, that went by a very regal sounding name of Amidala. A child elected to rule an entire system? Indeed very interesting.

The girl had to have somthing very special going for her. Born to a rich family perhaps? What ever it was about her, Obi-Wan felt that their paths were destined to cross.

Just then an invisable cold shadow, casted itself in his room, and over the force itself. He had felt this earlier, just before he had spoken to Mace Windu. But not like this though. Obi-Wan winced, as he tried to push the chill of the shadow away from himself. There was no stoping it though. The cold wouldn't go away. Obi-Wan didn't understand it. He wasn't afraid in the least. Of anything. Why was he feeling this way? Feeling dizzy, as he wasn't used to this touch of shadow, as Qui-Gon had told him of, as a small boy, Obi-Wan sat down at the chair of the old student desk, he still kept in his chambers, from his elementary school days, in the far corner of the main living area.

The chim to the enterance of his chambers then sounded. At 7 am in the day, only one or two people would be calling on him, to bother him now.
    Yoda, or his own master Qui-Gon, wondering why he planed on leaving without a word to him.

Obi-Wan sighed impatiently, and told the visitor they could enter.
    It was Mace Windu.

Obi-Wan reguarded him in suprise.
    " Yes, master? May I help you?" Obi-Wan said, swollowing back the anger inside, from lack of sleep, if anything.

" Greetings Padawan. Im here to ask why are you going to Naboo?" Windu said. The Jedi Master did not sound pleased in the slightest.

" Im on a quest to investigate, a vision I had, master. For that, I feel i must go to Naboo." Obi-Wan said. He couldn't belive that Yoda would tell away a confidence like that. This was a personal mission for Obi-Wan. He just hoped Qui-Gon didn't know yet.

" You leave us, to go on a personal quest? Thats rather selfish of you, Obi-Wan, Id say." Windu was hiding somthing. That much was clear.

" I don't think it is, master!" Exclaimed Obi-Wan. He wasn't used to anyone judging him like this. At least when Qui-Gon did, he was always polite.

" I ask you, not to go to Naboo Obi-Wan!" Windu said firmly.

Obi-Wan reguarded the other in shocked suprise. Why was Windu not wanting him to go to Naboo? The whole system was at peace. The people were known to be nothing but kind. Plus, Obi-Wan had been a Jedi Student for most of his life, and knew how to take care of himself.

" I note your concern, master. But I am going. I have Yoda's consent to leave." Obi-Wan said in a soft manner. He didn't wish to argue with anyone.

Mace scowled, but quickly forced a smile.
    " Very well, Obi-Wan Kenobi. As you wish." The Jedi Master then quickly stalked from the quarters.

Obi-Wan sighed tiredly, got to his feet, and went into his bed chamber to collect his travel bag, and then hurriedly left his quarters.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Ill try to put up another post, or so, tomorrow!!! :)

8. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    This is unique. I'm curious....

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Good, another reader!! :)

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Im just giving this a little " Up " attention, before I go to bed!! :)

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan got to the west hanger bay, in an ancient part of Imperial Palace, before he was discovered.
    " Obi-Wan, just were do you think you are going?" Asked a gentle female voice. Obi-Wan grinned. She wasn't going to give him away. Not this one.

" Calandra Eaastar, just why have you left the temple at this hour?" Obi-Wan said in a all business tone. She was only sixteen, and Coruscant was a large place for a young girl to be running around in, so early in the day.

" I could ask the same thing of you, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The difference with me though, Obi-Wan, my master knows where I have gone. Your's, doesn't."

Obi-Wan droped his bag, and sighed darkly. " There is a reason i haven't told Qui-Gon of where I am going, Calandra. He is the reason Im going in the first place, and he musn't know this. Not yet anyway. He will stop me, If he knew." Obi-Wan said, trying to convince the girl, it was the right thing, in not telling Qui-Gon.

" Why Is this so important Obi-Wan? Its not like you to just leave like this, without telling your master at that!" Calandra said, still clearly upset.

Obi-Wan smiled at the girl, and then gave her a unexpected hug, and a firm kiss on her cheek. Calandra was blushing from ear to ear, and was saying nothing. ( Mission Calandra, acomplished!) He thought, grinning widely.

" See you soon!" He whispered softly in her ear. Obi-Wan then grabbed his luggage bag, and went to find his transport to Naboo.

" Yeah, sure!" Whispered the lovestruck teen, as she watched him go. A deep worry frown crossed her forhead though, as Obi-Wan vanished from her sight.

" Be careful!" She said softly.

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Ill continue this soon!!!

13. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I'm reading...I'm reading...I like!!

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thankyou!! :)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    A little more "Up" attention, for my favorite new fic!!!

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    " Uping now, one more time."

17. PrincessV

PrincessV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Can't wait to see more.
    So many stories, Sara, and I love 'em all!

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Up, you go!!!

New post coming tomorrow plps!!!!!! :)

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Senator Palpatine read the holo documintation from Naboo, on reguards of who was chosen as the newest elected leader.
    The news shocked him.
    A barely fourteen-year-old girl, was named the sucessor of the King.
    Amidala she was going by, as her title name.
    There was also little else on her, for bio history.

He was to be at the Palace coronation, In one week, to see this Amidala take her place as Queen Of Naboo.

" Only fourteen-years-old.....Hmmmm. Perhaps I can use this to my advantage after all...." He said aloud in the emty darkness of his chambers.

------------

" princess, have you given any thought to arranging a consort, yet?" Asked Handmaiden Rasie, setting the large red hat on the princess of Naboo's small head.

Amidala squirmed. " You cannot be serious. Im only fourteen, Rasie."

Sabe, fixing the princess's long robe, began too giggle.

" Oh, stop it. Ive had it with the jokes, you two." Amidala said, leaning over on the chair, infront of the mirror in her bed chamber.

" Really though, Amidala. You can chose anyone in Naboo, who isn't married of course, as your match to marry, when you turn eighteen." Sabe said brightly.

" I can marry a farmer?" Amidala said, wide eyed.

" Pick a rich guy, Ami." Smiled her Handmaiden Gaile.

" Pick a guy with a tight butt!" Chuckled Rabe, at Sabe's side.

All the young women in the room then laughed all around.

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More tomorrow....:)

22. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, this is an interesting concept. The way you are portraying each of the characters is excellent, particularly Obi-Wan. It's quite inkeeping with his character I think. I'm looking forward to reading Qui-Gon's reaction to his departure. And the way you described Obi-Wan's vision was intiguing, I'm looking forward to reading what he discovers, or doesn't. *g*

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thankyou!! :)

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Calandra watched Obi-Wan leave in his ship, from the docking bay, with a heavy heart.

Obi-Wan had been a good friend to her, since the first day she arrived to the temple, at the age of two.

Alot of the Jedi didn't think she should have been trained, when she first arrived. Claiming she was too old.

Imagine, being declared too damn old, at two! Not many could say that, Calandra was certain.
    She vowed to, one day, change afew rules in the old Jedi Temple. No matter what Yoda would think or say on the matter.

Calandra's thoughts quickly returned to Obi-Wan. As they had been often doing that lately. His kiss on her cheek was still warm.
    She blushed deeply, at recalling how it made her feel.

She smiled to herself once more, and turned to leave.

She gasped as her gaze fell on the exit of the shuttle bay.

Qui-Gon Jinn was there, and looking around the room, untill he saw her.
    He looked very upset. Calandra stood up strait, and walked strait toward the Jedi Master, dead on.
    There was no use in avoiding his questions.

The sixteen-year-old stood before the tall Jedi Master. She fixed her gaze downward. Calandra could no longer bare the hurt expression in Qui-Gon's eyes.

( Oh, Obi-Wan....How could you?)

" Master!" She said softly.

" Calan...look at me!" Qui-Gon said in a most gentle tone of voice.

Calandra looked up slowly to the Jedi Master.

" Where has Obi-Wan gone off to?" Qui-Gon said purposly.

" To Naboo, master." Calandra said, regreting having to betray Obi-Wan's confidence so soon.

" Why?" Qui-Gon said, trying to control his temper.

" He says it is a personal quest sir. He said it as a confidence to me!" Calandra said those words, hoping Qui-Gon would leave it at that.

The Jedi Master knodded wordlessly. Qui-Gon looked out toward the open doors of the shuttle bay, that gave a breathtaking view of the Coruscant skyline.

" I see, Calan. I will not ask you any farther questions then." Qui-Gon said softly.

Calandra's heart went out to him, at seeing the deeply concerned look for his runaway Padawan cross his handsome face.

" Im certain Obi-Wan will be alright, Qui-Gon!" Calandra offered softly.

The Jedi master forced a light smile to his face.

" Of course!" He said forcfully. Qui-Gon then stalked away, and left the shuttle bay.

Calandra hugged herself with her arms, and then followed after Qui-Gon had vanished from her sight.

I wrote this part with Internet Explorer. I hoped it turned out ok!!!

25. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    It turned out just fine, but of course I'm reading it using IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.