main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Palpatine is so slippery here...asking Lin how it felt in the moment He is just enjoying the fact that Lindoro resorted to the darkness at the end.

Oh poor Lin and Menaria. I am so glad she's alive, now that would just kill him. I hope he is able to cling to the light. Menaria, he needs you!

And very interesting with Jaffron and Palpy. [face_thinking] It's almost as if Palpatine is caring for Lin. Very interesting Paddy Sis!

But of course, we know Palpatine ALWAYS has ulterior motives for everything he does :_|

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    alhana_antilles
    Thanky you! I'm so excited that you enjoy the characters of Lin and Mena! :D

I have always believed that Palps affected more Jedi than what was let on. And he knows/senses which ones to 'manipulate' and which not too.

Yes :( poor Mena, she's gonna be laid up for a lil while.

Yep Jaf was the one in the pic that Lin was observing when they were moving in to their new quarters. Only then the guy had 2 green eyes ;)

Yes, Palps knew he couldn't influence this guy really

Thanks for reading! I'm thrilled that you are enjoying it! [:D]

t_s
    Yep Palps knows about the Jedi and their 'living in the moment' bit. And yep he's relishing the fact that Lin gave in and still having trouble grasping the Light once more.

Yes if Mena would have died...not even Jaf could have prevented him killing the green badie ;) Shoot I think he might have killed Jaf in the process if the man had tried to physically stop Lin from killing the guy.

Jaf doesn't like politicians especially ones who interfer with his business, which Palps did.

Palps was taken back by that strong urge to 'protect' and he'll be doing some meditation of his own later on. [face_mischief]

I'll post the next bit either later tonight or tomorrow :)

3. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Drowning deep in my sea of loathing,
    Broken your servant I kneel
    (will you give in to me?)
    It seems what's left of my human side is slowly changing in me
    Looking at my own reflection
    When suddenly it changes
    Violently it changes
    There is no turning back now,
    you've woken up the demon in me.

I can see inside you the sickness is rising
    Don't try to deny what you feel.
    It seems that all that was good has died
    and is decaying in me.
    It seems you're having some trouble
    In dealing with these changes
    Living with these changes.
    Oh, no. The world is a scary place
    Now that you've woken up the demon in me.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
    Open up your hate and let it flow into me.
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me.

And when I dream
    And when I dream
    And when I dream
    And when I dream

Madness has now come over me!

?Down with the Sickness? by Disturbed

Lindoro?s meditation consisted of darkness and cold. He could not find the Light as he searched and concentrated. Once again chills racked his body. I need to relax?let go. I?m trying to hard.

Sighing, he opened his eyes as he heard the door opening. His wearied face rose to meet the dark orange Keliarian doctor.

Bowing, the doctor waited until Lindoro stood back up before talking. ?Jedi D?Lockens?? At the tall man?s nod, the doctor?s muzzle opened slightly into a smile. ?I am glad to inform you that the young girl is stable and fine now. I have given her pain medication and she will be out for several hours, but you can go and see her now if you like.?

?What is her condition?? He knew, but to hear it from the doctor would be a relief. Not being a Healer he could have overlooked something.

The curved ears flickered slightly. ?She has two broken ribs, fractured color bone, and a slight concussion. I am surprised that she had no internal bleeding or that the one broken rib had not punctured a lung.? His voice purred somewhat as it stressed the ?r? in each word.

?Thank you?I would like to go and be with her.? Lindoro grabbed his robe off the couch and followed the doctor out of the room.

?I have told the Senator and Mr. Tyler of her condition. I?ve also forward the report to Senator Sirachniz, for he was inquiring as well.?

?Thank you?? Lindoro bowed when the doctor did and walked into the room where his Padawan was in.

The Knight stopped as his breath caught at the sight of the young girl. She looks so pale?so fragile?so small. Tears misted his eyes as he closed the distance between himself and the bed.

Taking a seat next to the head board, he reached out and gently took the small cool hand into his own larger warm one. His other hand pushed back some of her red hair that had strewn close to her eyes. He was appalled at the bruises that were showing up on her heart shaped face.

?I?m so sorry young one?so sorry.? His voice choked as he bowed his head in shame. ?I could not be there?could not defend you, protect you from danger.? Hot tears ran down his cheeks to vanish inside his dark goatee. ?I will do better?never will another dare harm you.? His voice hardened as his head shot up. ?I give you my word Padawan.?

Palpatine stayed back as he watched the Jedi and felt the pain and grief. He barely heard the oath that the man gave to the child. Fool?giving yourself over to a child. But what does this prove? Hmm? It proves that Jedi are not infallible that indeed they are weak. I will see them all fall?see them all suffer in the end. He fought off the urge to sneer as he felt the arms dealer?s presence coming up from behind him.

?I am leaving, tell Lindoro good bye for me?give him this.? Jaffron handed a data disk to the politician.

A thin eyebrow rose at the other man?s words. ?I will.? Palpatine stated as he took the disk. ?You are lucky dealer, that Kni

4. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Lin cares so much for Menaria, you can just feel his pain and the oath he makes to her [face_love]

And Palpy watching this all unfold in the background

No he didn't embrace it?he welcomed it! He grasped it with a vengeance! He remembered the power that flowed from the tall man as he fought the remaining droids. If only I did not have Maul?I would take this Jedi in a heartbeat. I already have him under my thumb.

Deliciously evil Palpy, and the idea to take a Jedi the next time... [face_worried]

Also touching with Jaffron's data chip, poor Lin. Palpy's right, the council will never trust him, though they should! ;)

Great job, Paddy Sis! =D=

5. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s
    Yep and our Knight will keep to that oath to her!

Palps...what can I say about him that hasn't already been said? [face_laugh]

Well I thought that "next one will be a Jedi" sounded like a goal he might have made - and we all know Dooku becomes the next one. Even though he wasn't a Jedi at the time, but he had been one! :D

Yeah :( the Council will never fully trust Lin and he will always have that on his shoulders.

Thanks!!

6. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Am still in the States after Celebration 3. Will catch up when I get home at the weekend :)

7. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    She's like the daughter I will never have.

My Master, Delak, the Senator, and Menaria are my family. A small smile brightened his face at that realization. Within the last two months his family had doubled. I am not alone

I've been waiting for him to realize that. He really does
    have a group of people who care about him as families do.
    With that knowledge he may start to heal.

Once again great work.

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Perhaps this time I will find the Light? - He should remember, do or do not, there is no try! Now he has realised that he does have people who care for him, it might be easier to walk away from the dark path. If he can remember this with Palpatine and the Council against him, he might just be ok!

9. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    wonderful job! up!

10. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    I like the little reference about Palpatine taking on a Jedi as his next apprentice. Way to stick that in there. Good job Kynstar.

Jag29

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sabe126
    C3 rocked didn't it? Man I had a blast! Even with the crowds I still had fun.

alhana_antilles
    Yep with him realizing that very fact is helping him - did help him to find the Light once more. :)

Sabe126
    The ole 'do or do not' proverb, yeppers famous words!

Only time will tell with him. And patience is something he'll have to reclaim.

Mystralgurl
    Thanks! Glad you're still enjoying it! :D

jag29
    I couldn't help but sneak a foreshadowing event in there!

Thanks! I'm glad that you are also still enjoying it!

Next lil bit upcoming. :)

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sorry for the shortness, but thought it'd be a good intermediate part. Hopefully it reads ok...on some weird affecting allergy meds. It's like making me a lil incoherent so bare with me ;)

Sighing heavily, his eyes opened to see glassy green ones looking up at him.

?Ma?Master?? Her voice was shaky and weak.

Lindoro smiled warmly, as he took one of her small hands into his larger ones.

?Padawan?? His voice cracked and he swallowed hard. ?I am relieved to see you awake. The Doctor said things will be okay now.?

Menaria nodded and gently squeezed her Master?s calloused fingers. ?Good?what of the negotiations??

Lindoro chuckled and shook his head. How typical of the girl to think of their mission first. ?The Senator is going to finalize it. I am staying by your side. You are my apprentice after all.? Mischief glowed in his dark blue eyes.

Menaria started to chuckle, but grimaced in pain. ?You should help??

?There is nothing left really to do now with the arms dealer leaving?Things will fall into place easily. Gimlas has no further reasons to stall the signing.? Mentioning the arms dealer sent a new wave of grief through Lindoro, but he pushed the feelings away.

?He?s gone? But?I thought that you and he??? She strayed off at seeing the Knight cringe slightly at the words.

?He is gone and we must not mention who he truly is. We can?t Menaria?? The Corellian almost didn?t recognize his own voice due to the thickness of the words.

Menaria did not like the idea of not saying anything about the man. What if the Council asked for more details? Her red eyebrows furrowed as the thought seemed to drain her of what little strength she had recovered.

Lindoro felt the young girl?s exhaustion and reached out to caress her cheek.

?Don?t think about it Padawan. It is the Master?s job to discuss such with the Council.? He said gently as if he had read her mind. And in a way he had. The tension of the moment and his concern for her back in the warehouse had done something to further their bonding. What normally took months and sometimes even years with some, had taken only her kidnapping and abuse to fully link the training bond.

Sending his new found love and affection through their bond, he smiled warmly down at her. ?No one will ever do this to you again. As long as there is breath in my body, I will always be there for you my Padawan?my daughter.? His voice thickened again as the emotions flared inside him threatening to overwhelm his senses. Pride, the need to protect, and love flowed through him. Is this how my Master feels for me? It would explain some of his past actions?

His midnight blue eyes sparkled with mirth as he chuckled lightly at the thought. ?I never knew that having a Padawan would be like having a child. You will always be the daughter that I can never have. Why have one when I look upon her right now?? He gently thumbed her chin as he allowed his emotions to be read by the apprentice.

Menaria knew that it was the Master?s job to brief the Council on missions, but what if they wanted details of her incident. Her brows knitted even further.

At her Master?s proclamation, her eyes widened in shock as some of their glassiness vanished. She felt her link with Lindoro come alive with several emotions that she had only had a passing glance of before. A daughter??

Her green eyes looked deep into her Master?s blue ones as she tried to grasp the bond to read him correctly. Sure enough?the love and pride was there. She was also overwhelmed at his need to keep her safe - always.

?I?I don?t know what?I?ve never thought of it that way either?? She blushed profusely, the red adding color to her already blue and green bruised face.

?I am honored that you think of me as such. I?? She paused as she sought her own feelings to gauge them. [

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    No one will ever do this to you again. As long as there is breath in my body, I will always be there for you my Padawan?my daughter.?

Sob!!!! That was so moving. Maybe the strengthening of their bond will give him the strength to fight the dark side next time?

Bravo! =D=

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Sending his new found love and affection through their bond, he smiled warmly down at her. ?No one will ever do this to you again. As long as there is breath in my body, I will always be there for you my Padawan?my daughter.? His voice thickened again as the emotions flared inside him threatening to overwhelm his senses. Pride, the need to protect, and love flowed through him. Is this how my Master feels for me? It would explain some of his past actions?

[face_love] This is beautiful. I love watching their bond deepen. His daughter...that is beautiful!

And you know, I got a chill thinking about that Purge viggie you did, I should put a link to that in this thread. So terrifying!

But right now I just want to bask in their connection to each other, it is so sweet.

And of course Palpy is so evil, he will fall eventually... Of course he would see it as another challenge

Alright, well done! =D= I hope you feel better soon!

I'm living out of my RV and because I have to use my cell phone to get on-line my hours are limited (after 9 and weekends) :p I was so thrilled to see another update! :D

15. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Great story. I guess any story with OCs is AU because extra characters means things change slightly - there's still the possibility of Palpy dumping Maul for Lindoro because of that - though i'm surprised that even in the normal SWU Maul didn't try to kill Palpy and become Sith Master himself as that is the way of the Sith.

This is just some general stuff that i thought you might be interested in - Palpy has been a Senator for 20 years by the time of TPM (52 BBY - 32 BBY) and he was born in 84 BBY - he probably rose through the ranks of local Naboo (Nubian?) politics - a spell in the local parliament before the Senate elections in 52 BBY (and re-elected at four subsequent elections in 48, 44, 40 and 36 BBY).

Just some political background that might help - if its before the 36 BBY elections Palpy will be distracted from his plans by shoring up his position with the voters - and it would only take one mistake to cause him to lose the election and cause a severe setback to his plans for becoming Chancellor of the Republic let alone converting Lindoro to being a Dark Jedi and his loyal servant. Apologies if i'm not making sense, i've just been on a research kick lately.

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I've been reading this over the past few days. Kynstar, you're an amazing writer. =D= Lindoro, Menaria...all your characters, even Palpy...they're like real people. I feel like I know them. Your descriptions are incredible, too. You've done a wonderful job here, and I hope there will be more sometime. :)

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sabe126
    Yes their bond will be his link to staying with the Light. Thank the Force for Padawans! [face_laugh] Those two were meant to be. [face_love]

t_s
    Yep he admits it finally that he loves her as the daughter he could never have. And why long for one when one is right in front of you? [face_love] The Force has worked them together and now they are fully bonded as Master and Padawan.

Yes :( her death tore all of his reserves away. It was sad...really hard for me to write it.

Oh yes...Palps always plotting! [face_mischief] Evil bored man that he is. Quick! Give him something to do to keep his mind off of Lin! [face_laugh] Oh oh oh! I know give him the Senate! hehehe

Update forthcoming shortly!

ObiDeeKenobi
    Hey glad you stopped by! OCs are fun and a challenge, which is why my first fic was this one with OCs. I love a good challenge - one of the few things Palps and I have in common. I won't relate on the other ones! [face_mischief]

Thanks for the timeline info! Well I'm having to keep it canon so he can't off Maul for Lin. Though don't get me wrong... Palps has thought of it...numerous times! If he didn't have so much riding on what is fixing to happen within the next year (TPM movie), he would.

Yep I'm sure he had a few dark Jedi to assist him. We all know Dooku does/did in the Republic comics that have him in it. There were several that helped him out. :_| My poor baby...killed by that Skywalker whelp! [face_laugh] Oh well it had to happen... though I liked the retirement idea that him and Palps had originally planned on. Dooku should have known that Sidious would not keep a powerful man like himself living. *sniff* Oh well...

Thanks for reading!!

amidalachick
    Thanks! [face_blush] I try to make it as real as possible in order for readers to get a sense of feel and image for the characters and scenery.

I'm so glad you are enjoying it!! Thanks again for reading! [:D]

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sorry for the long wait. Had to recover from Ep III (not juz my baby dying...but other things as well! [face_laugh] Though don't get me wrong... seen it 5 times and cried each time when Mr. Lee looks up with those eyes....the eyes tells it all :_|)

Well with summer starting here next weekend for my kid... dunno how often I'll be able to post. But I'm gonna try to post every week or most definitely every other. We only have a couple chapters left sooo it shouldn't be too hard. If you guys would like more of Lin and Mena juz let me know and I can attempt more. I mean they are just starting out. And it's almost a year prior to TPM...though if I do more it will prob be after TPM so that means I'd have to post the next story line in The Saga wouldn't it? Oh well... Do tell what you guys would like to see :D I'll try to work it on up for yas :)

This chapter is laid back...though somewhat angsty for Lin. Like when is it ever not? [face_laugh]

Hopefully it's okay. Didn't get a chance to go over it a final time. Forgive any booboos! Thanks so much for sticking with me!!

Sharing a drink together helped soothe Lindoro's rising anxieties. Now that he knew his apprentice was going to be all right, his mind turned to other details - what exactly he was going to inform the Council about. I can't tell them everything?

Palpatine studied the Jedi as the tall man slowly drank the ale.

"Were you able?to find what you were searching for? Earlier when you were meditating." The Senator knew that he had, but he needed to play the role of 'ignorance'.

Lindoro swallowed the mouthful of dark liquid before replying. The bite that followed helped him focus back on the moment.

"Yes sir, I did?but I am worried." Lowering his head, he stared down at the near empty glass. The glare from the artificial lighting in the room gave the ale a shimmering sparkle. With fascination, he moved the glass in small circles to let the light reflect better off the liquid.

"Worried? About what? I will not say anything to the Council about him being an old friend of yours or the near?well you know." Palpatine smiled warmly. "They need never know. What's done is done. No one was killed. Isn't that one of the most important issues to the Jedi? I remember you stating that Jedi value life above everything else. Am I correct?" The politician looked sympathetic and concerned at the same time.

"Yes sir, it is. We do treasure all life. But?but I came so close. Too close to taking a life?" The anguish had returned to the tall man's voice and face. Dark brows furrowed as his bearded jaw tensed.

The Senator reached over and squeezed the right muscled arm gently. "Let it go. In my opinion you should have killed the beast. Especially after what he had done to your Padawan."

Lindoro could not help but silently agree. The ecstasy of that moment flared in his memory. The taste of power that had been so sweet and fulfilling? No! I must push it away?let go?as he says to do?

"It's harder than you think Senator?much harder. Forgetting is one thing, pushing it away?"

Palpatine had felt the Jedi's anxiety rise for a moment. He knew that the man had remembered the moment where he cam close to killing the Rodian.

"I see. I am here if you want to talk about it. It has helped you in the past to talk about how this?darkness you talk of affects you." The politician put on a warm and curious expression.

"The pull was more this time?more powerful. When that bolt hit me? I just gave in." Bowing his head he sighed wearily. He was tired.

"I thought I had control of it. Like I did when I killed the Wookiee?but no. It had control of me! I could not?no that isn't right." Rubbing his face roughly, Lindoro then looked over into those soft blue/grey eyes of the shorter man. "I didn't want to stop?I wanted to kill him. To actually feel and see the life leave his body." He then shook his head.

"It was wrong Senator?wrong of me to think and feel that way."

"But t

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Poor Lindoro. He is playing right into Palpatine's hands. He can't tell the Jedi Council because they already distrust him but that leaves only Palpatine to confide in! :( I can't see what he is going to do!

Please write more Lindoro and Menaria! I will read it!

I've only seen ROTS once but am going again soon. WOW! It was brilliant :)

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Nope he can't tell the Council about his slip up due to that very fact - he knows they don't trust him. Kind'a ironic isn't it? Yep Palps is the only one he can talk too since his Master isn't around.

Cool :) Glad you'd like to see more of the duo :) I'll make a note so in case any bunnies hit me that deal with them two I'll jot it down :D

I soooo loved RotS the music was awesome! Draws you right in! I'm gonna try to see it again this weekend myself. Hope I can!

21. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Hello there! [face_blush]

Just wanted to say that I'm still here... My life was really chaotic these last few weeks, with finals at school, getting and all these things... :rolleyes:

I'm going to catch up at the weekend.

I saw ROTS too... you are right the music is terrific! I bought the OST right away.

Yours DarkDream

22. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I feel like giving Lindoro a big hug. [:D] Poor guy, he's been through so much. It's too bad Palpatine's really the only one there for him. Although, at least he has Menaria, too.

Anyway, if you write more about them, I'll definitely be reading! :D

A little off-topic, but...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's cried at RotS. I've seen it twice, and both times I was in tears. My brother was mad at me. :p I'm hoping to go again this weekend, too.

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    DarkDream
    I figured you'd been busy. I know I sure have...and still am!

RotS rocked!!! I hope things lighten up for you soon! [:D]

amidalachick
    Yeah, he'd appreciate the hug! Believe me! Poor guy only has a few friends. And only Mena is there besides Palps. It is sad how Palps seems to be the only one that 'cares' and 'understands' at the moment. He's to afraid to tell Mena what transpired during his rescuing of her. I am still unsure if he'll tell her any time soon... Poor man indeed.

Cool! Well if you guys are interested in more on Lin and Mena I'll keep all bunnies available that bite then! :D [:D] I'm so happy you all have enjoyed Lin and Mena so much!

I've seen the movie 8 times now and I still cry... this last time the Order 66 hit me even harder than before. Sad... it is soooo sad. :_|

I'll try to post another chapter this upcoming weekend if I can!

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *Shuffles feet nervously*

Erm... hi Knight Kynstar .. I've been lurking.. I know I know I'm bad :p

I just haven't had a chance to read all the way through yet so I mainly lurk ;)

[:D]

25. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.