main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello, my Paddy Sis! I have found a connection for the next month here in Indy. [face_dancing] So you are going to be stuck with me ;)

Wonderful Lin and Palpy =D= I've missed those two together! I hope Lin can hold onto the light, and not be swayed by how 'right' the darkness felt, because it definitely will control him! :_|

I hope Menaria recovers soon, Lin needs her light. [face_love]

Alright, looking forward to more!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Layren
    Hello my ole Master! Lurking about are ye? ;) [:D]

No problem at all :D Glad you are enjoying the story!

Sabe126
    Thanks for the up!! [:D]

t_s
    Hey Padawan sis! Glad to hear you'll be around for a bit! I'm gonna try to get the next bit up hopefully this Sunday. Not 100% sure, but gonna try :D

Yeah poor Lin :( he's confused about that...the darkness felt right and Jedi are taught to trust their instincts. So he's troubled over that lil fact.

Mena is on the mend :D She'll be around for him :)

[face_blush] I'm so sorry folks for allowing this to slip so far behind. I am gonna try to get the next bit up Sun. It's half written down so it shouldn't take long for me to finish writing it down and typing it on the computer.

I have been helping a friend who has been in a bad situation, so I've been working that and also work itself has not been easy. Reports out of the wazoo... plus my child is having problems. His last few weeks of school did not go well as he was suspended 3 times. Yeah...he's 9 and got suspended...how ironic is that? Well I have had to start him in Counseling and also he has started to see a shrink. Joy... but the school and the pediatritian said that he needed it. And the school won't take him back until he does. Sooo as you can see my last month has not been fun.

But I have not abandon the story! So fear not! :D We'll get to the end of this adventure soon :) For it is nearly over. [:D] Thanks so much for sticking with me and supporting me!! You guys are the greatest!! [:D] @};- @};-

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    [:D] to you, my Kyn - and my prayers for you and your kid. Get back when you can - we'll wait patiently. :)

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hope things are ok soon. We'll be waiting whenever you have time to post!

5. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello Paddy Sis! [:D] Had similar stuff happen with my step son when he was nine and had to go through counseling. If you ever need to talk, let me know! You are definitely in my thoughts [face_love] Hope everything smooths out for you soon!

Alright one more [:D]

We'll be here when you get back and I am looking forward to my Lin fix :D

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I apologize for the long wait!! And thanks so much for all of you guys' patience! [:D]

Princess_Arulmozhi
    Thank you! I appreciate it, believe me! I was nearly in tears...well in actuality sever times I was... The doctor thinks that he might have what I have - bipolar :( which isn't fun. I had soooo hoped he'd be spared, but I guess not. It has been known to run in the family...so I guess the two of us are like peas in a pod on this matter.

Thanks for waiting!! [:D]

Sabe126
    Thanks to you! I'm so glad you've stuck around for this! [:D] Thanks so much for your support and patience! :D

t_s
    Thank you! You're the best, Padawan Sis! [:D]

He's been diagnosed with bipolar :( so this is going to be quite interesting for a while. I never thought that he could have what I have...I mean I knew the possibility, but never thought about it. I guess cuz I had other things on my mind most of the time.

Thanks for the hugs and prayers! Lin fix on its way as well as Master/Padawan mush! [face_love]

Menaria woke up to a groggy start. Dull and throbbing from her shoulder brought her to full consciousness.

Blinking several times, she noticed it was daytime due to the sunlight coming in from a window against the back wall.

Turning her head to the side, she saw her Master asleep leaning over on her bed.

A smile started on her face, but stopped at the pain from nearly breaking the scab over the left corner of her mouth.

She eyed the older man with concern. He looked far older than she had ever seen him. Even in sleep the worry lines between his eyebrows were prominent and the dark under his eyes saddened her.

It must have been difficult rescuing me. I?m so sorry Master? Tears misted her eyes as she then noticed the burned tunic and the wound on his shoulder.

Did he not see to it? She hated to wake him, but that wound needed to be checked out. Reaching over with her hand, she shook her Master?s arm gently.

?Master?? She spoke quietly.

Lindoro felt and heard the girl. He first thought that they were back at the warehouse as adrenaline rushed through his veins before it dawned on him that they were actually at the hospital.

Taking several slow breaths, dark eyes opened and he rose up to look over at his apprentice. He was relieved to see her awake. More color had returned to her face and skin. Though the bruises were still visible, if not more so now than earlier.

?Morning, Padawan.? He grinned.

Menaria smiled in return, being mindful of the aches of her face. ?Morning Master. I noticed your shoulder had not been seen to.? She smirked.

?Oh?I had forgotten. Count on you to remember that.? He chuckled.

Menaria joined his laughing, but flinched in pain as the broken rib objected to the movement.

?Easy Mena?? Lindoro said as worry crossed over his features. ?I?ll see to my shoulder soon. Let me get you some breakfast.? He got up and patted her hand gently.

Turning, he left to inquire some food for his Padawan.

She watched him leave, smiling. It looks like she got picked by an obstinate Master. She made a mental note to ask Master Talias if Lindoro had always been like that.

Seeing that the sun was indeed up, she frowned wondering about the negotiations. Who was overseeing them? Just the Senator?

After a few minutes, Lindoro came in with a hover tray that held two covered dishes and 2 glasses full of some liquid.

?Doctor says you?ll have to take it easy on the foods for a few days. So I got you something bland.? He smiled apologetically and maneuvered the tray down onto her bed.

Taking the seat in the chair next to the bed where he had fallen asleep in earlier, he opened the containers and handed her plate over.

?Doesn?t look like much?? She wrinkled her nose a little at the sight of the lumpy meal. It was light brown with small black pieces of something in it.

?It is healthy young one. And if you noticed I got the same thing. Why should you suffer alone?? His eyes reflecte

7. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    YAY! You updated! [face_dancing] I have to go to work but I can't wait to read! :D

8. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I will help him see the good in all things.

[face_love]

That was so sweet when Mena saw her Master sleeping beside her [face_love] And she is so good for him. He really does need to get that shoulder looked at.[face_not_talking] ;)

They are great together, and that was a good point Menaria had about seeing the good in what had happened.

You were right, wonderful Padawan/Master Mush! :D

More soon, when you can please! :D You have just brought these two to life for me :)

9. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Whoohoo! An update!

Great work Kynstar, I was looking forward to this piece.

It's sad to hear about your son. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with the disorder.

10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Hope things work out ok with your son.

Sorry I missed this update!

Lovely scene between Master and Padawan. It is a good thing that she is going to help him but Menaria can't start thinking that Palpatine is ok!!!!

11. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
  12. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
  13. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    Up, UP

Jag29

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  15. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
  16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I should hopefully have some spare time this weekend to jot down what I have planned for the next bit of the story. Unfortunately I'm the type that has to write it down before typing it up. Gotta see what I write before typing it.

Only a couple left :) and perhaps I can either do some viggies or another story with the two together! :D I'm so glad that you all have stuck with me and supported this fic! Sooo happy that you've taken to Lin, Mena, Delak, Talias, Seriu, Nania, Kork, and can't forget...Jaffron :) [:D] Thanks so much!!!

t_s
    He was just too concern for Mena to bother with his own wound. this whole episode has become a smackdown for him and his standards. He's not used to 'looking after' someone and the sense of affection is new - cuz he only had it for his Master and Delak.

Thanks for the up! :D

alhana_antilles
    Glad you enjoyed it! Mush is good sometimes, eh? :D

Yeah :( the school district is wanting to send him to a behavior type school for treatment. So I've been tied up the last few weeks with meetings and evaluations on Duncan. This Thurs is the last one and he should be starting in that school then. He's attending a regular one right now and I've only had a couple calls...so I guess that isn't all that bad.

Sabe126
    Thanks! I hope now they have things juz about worked out that will help him straighten up and show that he can improve. I have faith in my son...but I juz hope this program will work. I'm at my wits end.

I'm glad you liked the mush too! :D Yep she shouldn't stop being leery of Palps. Nope she sure shouldn't!

Thanks for the up too! :D

Thanks for the ups as well jag29! Like I mentioned above, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to write down the next segment and type it up for posting either Mon or Tues. [face_dancing]

Once again thanks so much for bearing with me thru these rough times! [:D] @};- @};- @};- @};- Here is a flower for each of yas!!

17. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    Sounds good. Anticipating the arrival of some new chapters.

Jag29

18. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    Up.

Jag29

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks Jag29! [:D] Typing it up today and probably doing final editing tomorrow. So the next chappie should be up Thurs or Fri.

Thanks again for sticking with me thru all DRL stuffles! @};-

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    We're going to hold you to that promise of a post, Kynstar! I've got Dooku here and a blaster. I'm not afraid to hurt your sweetie! [face_beatup]

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    No no! Don't Mama Vader! [face_worried] Don't hurt him! :p

Here it is...though I revamped it like twice...not sure if the original was better. (I so need a beta sometimes when I'm this tired and not 100% sure on the outcome) Forgive any booboos!! [:D] Thanks so much for sticking with me! You guys are the greatest!! @};-

The rest of the day went fairly well for the Jedi.

Menaria couldn't help but laugh every now and then at her Master's over protectiveness. After the second session with the bone knitter, the doctor came close to insisting that Lindoro should leave. But the Corellian straightened up and reclaimed his calm. Well on the outside at least. Menaria could tell he was still worried as a parent would be for their child.

Well he did call me his daughter. Warmth filled her, diminishing the pain that the bone knitter was causing.

The doctor said there would be a great deal of discomfort due to the fact that their bone knitters were designed for Keliarians...not humans. It was a relief that human physiology was similar to the Keliar natives.

Finally as the sun began to set, the Master sad down with a heavy sigh.

"You know what, Padawan?" Lindoro's dark blue eyes locked with the girl's green ones.

"What Master?" She leaned further back on her bed, thankful to be rid of the doctor and the bone knitter.

"It's almost as exhausting staying with you here as it was being with those politicians." He chuckled while taking a sip of ale from his glass.

"Well it wasn't my fault you decided to hover over me and the doctor. He was just doing his job and I have to admit it seems to be working pretty well." She smiled with assurance. She spoke the truth for it seemed like her collar bone did not hurt as much as it did earlier and her side felt much better also.

Sighing again, the Knight nodded. "I know...it's just that I almost...well I could have lost you." It was hard to say the words aloud and to her at that, but he did. He felt better about admitting it out loud. Was he becoming attached to his Padawan? He knew attachments were forbidden, but how does one instruct and lead without feeling something for the student?

He knew that he would have to talk to his old Master about t his. It felt right... This worrying about Menaria, but deep inside with all the training drilled into his mind over the years, he knew it was wrong. Wrong to allow worry to hinder a Jedi's judgment. It hasn't hindered... His thought stopped dead as the flash back of the Rodian holding the vibro dagger at the girl's neck. Yes it did...you can't deny that you gave into your anger.

Menaria sensed distress coming from the older Jedi and reached over to grasp his arm. "I'm fine now...we're both fine. Soon we'll be returning to the Temple." She smiled warmly up at him.

"Aren't those supposed to be my words to you, Padawan?" He chuckled softly as his eyes lightened.

She joined his laughter and looked toward the entrance of the room as the door opened to admit the Keliar and Naboo's Senators.

Lindoro immediately got up from his chair and bowed the traditional greeting to the two. "Senators."

Menaria started to attempt to get out of bed, but was waved off by the tall white Keliarian.

"No young one, stay there. It is all right." His soft voice was deep as he smiled tenderly at her. Turning slightly after the Knight finished the bow with him, he nodded at the older Jedi.

"Now that the delegations are over for the day, I wanted to come by and see how your apprentice was fairing. Is she well?" He looked back to eye the young girl once more. His bright eyes shined with compassion.

"She is recovering quickly." Lindoro stated as he watched the tall Senator walk to the side of the bed.

"I am so sorry that this happened. I am appalled that something like this has been done on our planet." He sighed heavily, as his long ears laid back against the side of his head causing the long leather strip to slide across his chest.

"I hope that neither

22. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    At least they will be able to return to the Temple and hopefully away from Palpatine's influence. Although he has succeeded in reminding the Jedi that the Council don't trust him. I fear that even back at the Temple Menaria won't be safe.

23. Knight_DLockens

Knight_DLockens Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes :) returning to the Temple will be good and as for Palp's influence... [face_mischief] One has to wonder! ;)
    Menaria will be excited about being back 'home'. She had quite an adventure!

24. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    An update! Yay! [face_dancing]

Another nice chapter. I especially liked the part where Palpatine started to feel a bit sick due to all the mushiness. hehe

Actully Paplatine's inner thoughts are something that I enjoyed about this fic. Peering into his head is always facinating.

I also liked the part where Lin thinks about his growing attachment to his padawan. I don't think that Anakin was the only Jedi with attachment issues, so seeing Lin pondering it and perhaps dealing with it is great.

All in all, nice work. :)

25. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    It was nice to read another chapter in your story. Look forward to reading it further. Good job.

Jag29

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.