main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests The First RPF Drabble Extravaganza! CONCLUDED - Come Congratulate The Winners!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Twenty-One spotted her kneeling over Gamma's body, her silky nightdress red with his blood.

He was ready to waste her, when she attacked, but Twenty-One was out of there, slamming the door behind him.

The door splintered apart, a great man-thick psuedopod unrolling across the flagstones, flailing blindly. It was pale white, pink suckers ranged across the underside.

He almost swallowed his tongue!

"You wanna escalate?" he yelled through the broken door. "I can fraggin' escalate too!" He unclasped the whole of his grenade belt, and lobbed the whole lot inside.

Everything shook, avalanching little streams of sand over them.

[b]OOC:[/b] It really loses quality with 326 words pared away.

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Strange.
    ...Oh, right.

I woke from my half delusion; my glasses were helpfully placed on my nose as I ran my fingers through the tangle of greasy brown hair residing on my head. My dreams seemed to be constantly filled with the smell of fresh grass and the total tranquillity of natural beauty, which I had forsaken long ago.
    My extra limbs lifted me across the room to the mirror and I studied the reflection of Doctor Octopus.
    Handsome devil, pity about the tentacles.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    She ducked a punch from the demon in front of her. Buffy put the weight of her powers behind the right hook she sailed towards the demon. Her fist connected and she felt the crunch of bone underneath her knuckles. The demon countered quickly and Buffy?s head snapped around as it connected with her face.

Buffy sunk to a crouch spinning, her foot lashing out at the demon. She connected and the demon fell. Buffy leapt forward, avoiding the demon?s stomach and delivered the killing blow.

?Buffy no!? Zander shouted. ?That was my fiancé.?

?Xander, she had tentacles.?

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Gonna skip the commentary tonight, guys; am pretty busy today cause Chinese New Year!

100 Words: sey, Sithy, Ramz, Trieste

Winner: Trieste, cause hell yes Lovecraft. :D

[b]Scoreboard:[/b]
    Winged_Jedi: 3
    DarkLordoftheFins: 1
    Livi-Wan: 1
    Sith-I-5: 1
    Trieste: 1

[hr]
    [b]And The Next Prompt Is:[/b]
    [blockquote]#08: Mirror[/blockquote]

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    ?You're an ugly bastard,? Bryan grumbled.

?Yeah, well, you?d be ugly, too, if you?d spent 20 years living on the street, selling recyclables to feed your crack addiction,? Brandon replied.

?I suppose that also accounts for the bags under your eyes.?

?Undoubtedly. So, tell me, your prospects looking any better these days??

?No.?

?You're a failure.?

?I?m not? I haven?t...?

?Oh, you?ve failed alright. Why, I bet you just spent the last 20 years living on the street, selling crap for crack, you hypocritical piece of-?

Bryan punched Brandon. The mirror broke, and his knuckles started bleeding.

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    ?Mirror, mirror on the wall, who?s the fairest one of all??

Nothing happened. I tried again. Usually this sort of thing worked. Well, it did the last time I watched a decent cartoon fantasy movie. The salesman had said it would work, and used mirror salesmen were always so trustworthy and forthright. I hadn?t had one jip me yet.

I tried another time. Nothing. Then an idea came to me. I ran off and returned shortly thereafter, dragging my freckled, cream skinned, redheaded girlfriend in jeans and a t-shirt and minimal makeup behind me.

?There, now it works.?

7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Luke trained hard on the swampy planet Dagobah. He ran, he jumped, he levitated objects until one day a vision of the future showed him his friends were in danger. He packed up his things and his droid and turned to say his goodbyes to Yoda.

?I must leave.?
    ?Not set in stone, the future is.? Yoda responded.
    Ghost Obi-wan appeared to watch Luke leave. ?That boy is our only hope.?
    ?No there is another.?
    ?Ah shut it you old puppet, that was just his reflection in a mirror.?

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: Now I've got to say, I think that's pretty funny. [face_laugh]

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Though not visible behind the black mask, Vader had his tongue poking out as he applied adhesive to his right glove.

"Drokk are you doing?"

"That how you address a Sith Lord, Bounty Hunter?"

Fett cast his gaze along Lando's dinner table. "What are you doing, Darjetti?"

"Gluing mirrors to my palm to deflect blaster fire." Vader glanced up. "They are here. Hide."

"Hide? Kiss m-"

Vader Force Shoved Fett out of sight, rising as Calrissian's voice floated through the opening door: "-will secure the future of Cloud City."

Vader smiled. "We would be honoured if you would join us."

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Argh... really sorry this is late, guys. [face_blush] I was a little bit out of sorts yesterday. What I'll do is run this next drabble prompt for another day and a half, to get us back in sync.

100 Words: ramza, Trieste, Sithy

Winner: darthramza. I was wondering what that had to do with mirrors until the last line - nice twist. :D

Livi-Wan: 1
    darthramza: 1

[hr]
    [blockquote]#09: The Commander's not going to like this.[/blockquote]

11. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm sorry, I thought I heard MORE MASS EFFECT FANFIC.

Tali looked from Joker to Jacob to Garrus to the vidscreen and back again. To their credit, at least Garrus and Jacob looked embarrassed.

"And is there a reason you're all in Shepard's cabin in the middle of the day?"

"What?" said Joker, unrepentant, his mouth full of popcorn. "This is the only room with surround sound. The audio layering in Blasto is very, uh, complex."

"Well." sighed Tali. "The Commander's not going to like this."

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    ?The commander's not going to like this.? McCoy said.
    ?I don?t care what the commander thinks the crew needs this.? Responded Kirk.

The two were ushering ten Orion women illegally onto the Starship Enterprise. The Enterprise had recently seen some action and the crew was in need of a pick me up. Kirk hatched this plan with the help of an old flame Gaila in order to boost crew morale.

?McCoy, you are the ship?s doctor. They aren?t going to replace you. I always get by on my charm and the fact that I?m a genius.?

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    ?Christ, is that Bill Parsons? I haven?t seen you in ages!? Mick laughed, slapping his old army buddy on the back.

?Ha! Mick Wilson, you sunnuvagun! Great party, great party!? Bill took a sip from his can of bland but popular beer with an expensive ad campaign. ?Has it really been ten years??

?To the day. And you?ll never guess who else is due ? Sergeant Flannigan!?

?I haven?t seen him since 2004! Now there was a boss who knew how to get things done. Say, Mick, d?you remember to buy hamburgers? Sarge loves himself some burgers.?

"... Crap.?

14. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    "The commander is not going to like this..."
    Ryob looked up from half way through pulling the sheets off the bed in front of him.

"Ehh it?s just a joke; it'll break the ice around here. Those new jedi gotta fit in a bit. Dxun isn?t going to be fun and when we're on it; we?ll want people who'll be family."
    Socha's cheery optimism was hard to ignore, so the two troopers continued their work, completely unaware of the young Jedi General listening from just outside the door to her cabin, and chuckling softly.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: I don't deserve any points for originality here, as I adapted a Sheriff joke for it. I also sought TOS-clearance.

Lieutenant Stark had annoyed somebody, to get posted to this backwater planet.

"So, what do you do for fun around here?" He asked the barman.

"Some nights, we go to the pig farm outside town, wine and dine one like a proper fem."

After resisting for four days, Stark gave in.

Most of them were hairy, dark things; but then, he spotted a hairless, Zeltron-pink, specimen.

Stark walked her into the bar. Music stopped and officers stared!

Embarrassed, Stark remonstrated with the barman!

"I didn't know you'd take the [i]Commander's[/i] girl!"

"The Commander's not going to like this." Someone added.

16. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    And back to your regularly scheduled daily drabble programming!

100 Words: sey, ramza, Sithy

Winner: Livi-Wan. I'll state my biases here once again, I love Mass Effect. :p But that aside, Livi's drabble is funny, well-written, in-character and oddly plausible: Joker, Garrus and Jacob hijacking Shepard's cabin! Well, it is the only room on the ship with a sound system... :D

Livi-Wan: 2

[hr]
    [blockquote]#10: Maelstrom[/blockquote]

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Advanced warning of the vortex had been seen on Tosh's monitors, but when the maelstrom descended over Cardiff Bay, Jack had ordered a retreat.

The battered SUV stalled metres from their concealed lift, but looking out the rain-spattered windscreen, Jack wasn't entertaining thoughts of running for it.

The boardwalk was already a graveyard of chairs and tables from nearby cafés.

"What can we do?" Ianto's crackling voice asked over the phone.

"Just stay inside the Hub." Jack responded from the passenger seat. "If the eye descends over us, maybe we can run for it, otherwise, we are waiting this out."

18. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: I hereby conclude my farewell to SotS with my third and final tribute entry :p

Karl did not open his eyes to absorb the information. He sat in his office listened. To the whispers. Of a world that realizes the cracks are growing. And it might break apart.

War, disease, fanatism, despair, hate, indiviualism of unperfect egos, darkness. Darkness.

It was seeding the earth, fertilizing the soul, imbuing this era. Reality was absorbed, inverted and perverted by the void this godless humans had left in the center of ALL.

It was a Maelstrom.

But humanity ignored the nature of this event and gave it a more pleasant name.

They called it the Change.

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

None of them were older than seventeen. Violet smog engulfed them, tore at their skin and forced them to their knees.

"Headmaster Leonhart!"

He had arrived with gunblade in hand. His face was unreadable.

"Leave them," he said, striding past the suffering SeeDs.

"But-"

"Leave them," he repeated. "Follow close behind. Eyes on me."

Maelstrom, mark of a sorceress. He had seen this spell twice before. Once in Galbadia Garden. And once in that castle, years ago...or was that yet to come?

Time rippled about them.

Rinoa stood atop the spire, black wings protruding from her back, and laughed.

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Only 3 takers this time around. Too specific/outlandish a prompt, perhaps?

100 Words: Wing

Commentary: Sithy's is well-written but unfairly hampered by how I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material - I only know there is source material because the sum total of my Torchwood knowledge is that there's a character in it named Jack and another named Ianto. Fins with another SotS entry, this time starring one of my favourite baddies, Karl. And last but not least Wing with a drabble from FF8! I'd entirely forgotten Maelstrom was a Sorceress spell. Is this perhaps the start of Rinoa's transformation into Ultimecia? :D

Winner: As much as FF8 fills me with childish fangirl glee, today's winner is DarkLordoftheFins, for a drabble that really is about a maelstrom, one that encompasses the world.

Livi-Wan: 2
    DarkLordoftheFins: 2

[hr]
    [blockquote]#11: Knight[/blockquote]

21. Darth_Vaders_Sock

Darth_Vaders_Sock Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2009
    Just couldn't think of anything to write for the last one :p
    EDIT: should probably add this is darthhelinith posting from her sock because she's using a public computer [face_peace]

?My handsome knight in armour.?
    Darth Helinith kissed Darth Mal?s cheek fondly and chuckled, as he looked almost horrified.
    ?Excuse me?!?
    ?Oh calm down silly.?
    Mal continued to look perturbed however as his wife began playing with his hair.
    ?Fine, fine. My handsome Sith in black armour.?
    ?Better. Never say that first one in public or I?ll never live it down.?
    Helinith couldn?t resist a wicked look.
    ?What about in front of your troops??
    ?ESPECIALLY not in front of my troops.?
    Helinith?s giggling stopped short, as Mal added with a sly grin; ?I get to call you sweet little Angel though whenever I want.?

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The young woman sat at her computer and stared at the screen. The words she had written leapt out at her.

The sun sank beyond the horizon as the two lovers walked hand in hand into the coming night.

Ugh she thought. What a horrible prompt from her teacher. She was supposed to be enrolled in a comedy creative writing course and this was such a waste of time. Everyone wrote about lovers walking into the night. Lame!

Ping!

She checked her e-mail. ?Sorry class, there was a typo on the prompt. The last word is supposed to be knight.?

23. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002

"We go on."

Her shadow is bold, black and red against the sunset of another Gotham night.

"How?" The girl's voice is choked with tears- she'd taken to hiding on her rooftop. There, at least, the air felt clean and safe.

"Do you know what it means to be a knight?" The scarlet bat is like a scar across her chest. "It means be strong and true. Defend the weak. But above all, be brave- even when you're afraid."

The silence spreads across the rooftop as a flurry of black drops out of sight. The Batwoman's gone, and the roof is empty once more.

Yes, I stole one of [b]ramza[/b]'s tricks :p

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This was it. This was what he had been training for his entire life, the years of effort and straining all leading up to this. Here he was, about to face that scourge of Ewing, the three-headed knight who had terrorized the forest with brute force. No, he would not be afraid of being mashed into a pulp?or having his eyes gouged out?or his kneecaps split?or elbows broken?or head smashed in?or heart cut out?or liver removed?or bowels unplugged?

Then again?on second thought?

Brave Sir Robin ran away, bravely, bravely ran away.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Chess Murders

By J R Hartley

The first thing he saw was the giant chess piece, a carved two metre lump of black basalt with a horse's head and mane.
    That made it, a Knight?

The blood-soaked base was where the victim's head should have been. The rest of him was visible from the shoulders down, a backup tool punched into his waistcoat, and the tyre tracks crushed into his legs were being matched by Forensics to a black Hummer that was idling nearby.

A cop flapped a plastic bag containing torn paper. "Lieutenant? We got a suicide note..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.