main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The first rule of Star Club is you do not talk about Star Club

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Spero, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spero

Spero Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Okay... I got a new idea for a great fan film... not the best... just good. Tell me what you think.

Star Club. Fight club but with aliens... star wars fans...comic collectors...sith lords...and so on and so forth. I've already planned out the entire thing but won't be able to shoot for a while. So clearly there's no date and I won't give a date until my movie is complete, and saved 16 million times. It'll be around 15 minutes and set in a parking garage. It starts off with Tie-Lerr giving off the rules and ends in a creepy chant. If you want me to post the 9 rules of Star Club... just ask.

So what do you guys think?

2. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    The whole point of Fight Club wasn't about making a movie where people fight eachother and have fun doing it. If it was, they'd cast Arnold and Van Dam instead of Ed and Brad.

If you don't know the point of Fight Club, you shouldn't base a FanFilm off of it.

3. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    could be fun, but if I were doing it I wouldn't include star wars fans, I'd make it set in the star wars universe with aliens, smugglers and bounty hunters as members.

Just a thought.

-Kol.

4. Spero

Jul 6, 2002
    Matte- wait woh... first off... you're post didnt seem that um... nice. And second off... you dont come between me and my Fight Club. I get so mad when people think that. I know every detail, sound, chirp, frame of that movie. So you shouldn't really talk if you don't know that much. That movie is like a god to me. I love it to death. I kiss the DVD at night... alright lets not take it that far... but I mean... hello? Not only that... I've read every (except Invisible Monsters) Chuck Pahlaniuk book... so come on...

5. Spero

Jul 6, 2002
    well i considered that... having it in the universe... but i thought of so many things I can do if we brought both worlds together. But thanks for the thought!

6. Darth_Jerak

May 20, 2002
    "So you shouldn't really talk if you don't know that much."

I, like you, worship Fight Club. It's my favourite movie actually (which says a lot, I'm notoriously critical of films). Anyway, there is way more to Fight Club then a bunch of guys standing around in a parkade. You've got to explore the emotional complexities of the characters, the psychological aspects of Edward Norton's characters.

Just because you've seen every frame of a movie doesn't mean you understand it. I've seen that movie about 10 times, and I still don't understand it fully, there's so much to observe and understand.

It sounds like you're interested in making a parody or fanfilm of the fight sequences of Fight Club, not the movie as a whole.

Don't jump all over Matt.

-Kol.

7. Spero

Jul 6, 2002
    oh come on... im sorry. Let me be more specific. Would anyone like me to write an essay on the movie? Because I would. I get so mad when people tell me it's just a movie with fighting or they say I like it because of the action. I know about movies. I know about most of the deeper meanings... the declination of mascunality and our place in the world. Anti-Consumerism. I mean come on... do I really have to explain the entire thing before I can get a simple opinion? If you want... I'll PM all of you the metaphors and deeper meanings of not only the book, but the novel. I'm not a person who loves movies because of the pretty pictures. I mean... my favorite movie is Unbreakable. Not the most action packed movie ever... This one comes in as second but I adore it. I loved it before it even was a movie. I read the novel first.

But yes... we're just making a parody on the first gathering scene... if that seems to be a problem to anyone else please... tell me. Matte really made me mad... you have no idea. And i'm sorry if it seemed I'm jumping on him... but I could sit for hours talking about the different parts of the movie. What it really means. You know what... if anyone is going to have a problem with the whole movie thing... just say it and I guess I'll ask to have the thread locked... I'm sorry for posting my idea.

8. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Talk to Nathan PTH about "Sith Club."

9. Arachnaphobia347

Arachnaphobia347 Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    Hey. I'm part of the production of this fan film and I love the movie just as much. It's not just some movie with people fighting... it means so much more to me. Anyways... I would love to hear some opinions and any ideas too if you got any!

10. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Four words. Fight Club Frickin' Rules. :D Wow, I thought I was wierd for loving that movie. Although, I think you COULD make a film like Fight Club, but about new guys on the Forum. Something like, "The first night your on the Forums, you're made out of cookie dough. After 100 posts, you're carved out of wood." And oh yeah, if this is your first night at the Forums.....you have to post!" Sage.

11. Darth_Jerak

May 20, 2002
    Unbreakable :D
    ONE of my other Favs!!! This is just eerie.

-Kol.

12. Spero

Jul 6, 2002
    Woh... get away from me!! :D

13. Darth_Jerak

May 20, 2002
    Third fav? I swear I'll stop after this...

my third is THE CELL, Jen Lopez in pretty bad, but the imagery is spectacular, and Vincent D'onofrio is Hollywood's most underrated actor.

-Kol.

14. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    First off...it's Mattes...not as in the art term, but Matt with -es at the end.

So you're telling us that you plan on making a movie where an imaginary Han Solo is popped into Luke Skywalkers head and makes him the pilot/Jedi he's always wanted to be? Because that was the plot of Fight Club. He couldn't do things he wanted because he was too normal but when Tyler came, he was able to.

Questioning society and ethics.

That's Fight Club.

The fighting under the bar in the middle of the night was just one of the things he could do now because Tyler let him into the unreality of things. He could fight and not be scared.

The actual Fight Club was a major major fraction of the movie.

So if you're going to make a movie off of it, I suggest you, too, make it a very small fraction but keep with the message as I've said at the begining of this post.

15. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    MaxVeers: SSSSHHH! Between you and Chris on Digital Llama Radio, we won't *need* to announce Sith Club when production starts! :p

(Nathan wonders when the heck Dev'll get around to turning his script into a reality.)

EDIT: I guess the cat's more out of the bag now anyway. Chris just informed me that he's come on and been doing some script revision and planning with Dev. However, as I told the original poster, the ideas are quite different, so it's no big deal.

16. bulent_hasan

bulent_hasan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    They already did a "Fight Club" spoof with a Star Wars theme, it was called "Figure Club" and it was hilarious! It made fun of Star Wars and the themes that Fight Club presented perfectly. It won an award at Celebration 2 I think.

17. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Actually, there are at least two completed SW Fight Club parodies, not to mention the other FC parodies out there like Media Trip's Film Club. But, as is so often the case, when it comes to fan films, similar concepts are generally considered fine, as long as they are not the exact same concept. Figure Club is somewhat different from Spero's idea, and both are quite different from the Sith Club project. In the fan film community, that's all that's needed for projects to go forward without conflict.

18. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Figure Club RULED.

You can see it on Atomfilms.

I voted for it ;D

19. Arachnaphobia347

Arachnaphobia347 Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    alright mattes dude....what we're doing is basically jsut the scene in the garage about the fight..we're not going to go into anything deep meaning man...we're jsut gonna do the scene where they fight...not try to make a whole movie...

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And if that's what you want to do, frankly, don't worry with what Mattes, or anyone says when going through with it. It's not about impressing others. As "Servo" told us in The Formua:

"Man, just have fun."

(On a related note, the guy behind "Servo," Chris Hanel, just got me his set of rewrites to the Sith Club script. Looks like he's all gung-ho to work on it with Devon, myself, and whomever.)

21. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Leave the guy alone Mattes. Obviously he wants to make a fan film with one on one fighting set in the SW universe! The concept of having the fan film very similar to Fight Club is awsome! but that dosn't mean he has to have a multi-personality character. he said it was only going to go for about 15 minutes, so i doubt he will be able to fit heaps of stuff in it.

Go for it dude!!! Fight Club is also my god :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.