The first shot and beginning of EpIII... What I hope it will be...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Sithman, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, I've checked back several pages of threads and found nothing on this (the thread about the EpIII crawl wasn't suited for this, IMO). Anyways, here's what I hope and think would work for the beginning of EpIII. :)

--------------------------

Well, after the opening crawl, we'll tilt DOWN to a planet (perhaps a new one, perhaps not). Then we'll here it. That low rumbling sound we haven't heard since 1983. One of those extremely Star Destroyer-esque things we see at the end of AOTC will blast over the top of the screen followed by a host of Jedi Starfighters and other Star Destroyer-esque Clone transports.

Anyways, they'll cruise towards the planet, blah blah blah. :p

After this totally nostalgic opening shot, we'll witness the final battle of the Clone War which will occur in space above the aforementioned planet and on the ground of the aforementioned planet. This is when we will see the Clones finally for the Separatists to a surrender. This will occur at the beginning of the movie, not the end. How do I figure this? Well, George Lucas said in the AOTC Making Of video that AOTC was the last time it was going to end with an epic battle. EpIII would end in TESB style, with just lightsaber battle and Anakin's personal stuff.

------------------------

So, what does everyone think? Please post your ideas and respond to others'! :)
  2. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of the ending being more focussed on the characters than galactic politics, but I don't wan't the opening shot to be too much like the OT. Just a little, but not too much...

Good ideas. :D
  3. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I like the idea Sithman! I've always thought/hoped that Episode III would take a more "ESB" route by having the major full scale scuffle near the beginning of the film, with a more character driven resolution.

I am, however, afraid that George may be afraid to do this. It was an awful risk for him to construct his film this way back in 1980, and I believe that it is an even bigger risk now. Two questions come to my mind: Will the general audience accept a flim without a major battle at the end of the film? Will Lucas be willing to risk the populartiy of his final instalment into the Star Wars Saga?

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

4. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    He's always said that it'll be the most unpopular, so I'm hoping he ignores everybody and sticks to his plan...
  5. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's a great idea, sounds a lot like the beginning of this :)
  6. Jedi4Christ Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes, we need see Mr. Kenobi as a General! Mainly because they said he was, and they have yet to show him as one! A jedi knight a general in the clone wars??? Also, Obi-wan needs fight Anikin to the death :) cool! Jar Jar needs to run over by ummmmmmm, a tank? Or a sandcrawler??? LOL! Who knows but Mr. Lucas himself... [face_mischief]

-jedi
  7. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I like your idea Sithman. You could have the end battle of the Clone Wars take up the first 40 minutes or so and than have the more character related stuff. However the battle at the beginning may not coincide well with how Anakin turns to the darkside so it may not happen. If George has Anakin turn early then this probably couldn't happen.
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Jabbachile, take a guess where I got that idea. ;)

Oh, and whoever said George may not be willing do the the main battle first like TESB, here's my reasons why it will/should happen...

George Lucas' exact quote in the "Making Of Episode II" video was:

"...You know, it will be more like Empire where it's mostly just personal rather than grandios.

Straight from the horses' mouth. :)

Plus, I think it would fit with George's numerous statements about EpIII being the most unpopular and darkest of the films.

But still, watch that LucasArts video linked to by Jabbachile, that's where I got my idea and it gives me chills (though it should start with a Clone Transport, not a Jedi Starfighter :D).

Oh, and Windy- call me "Sithy", not "Sithman", it's much less formal. :)
  9. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    It's Jabachile, NOT Jabbachile! The Jaba is an anagram of my intials! A common mistake ;)

Yes, I envisioned a space battle starting off Ep III as well.
  10. netslave Jedi Knight

star 2
    great idea sithman. you are the man. =) maybe it'll be over the planet alderann, or most likely kamino or genosis. (however it's spelled) :)
  11. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, I was actually hoping for both space AND land. Air between the genosian fighters (assuming those are the main Separatist fighters) and Jedi Starfighters perhaps? Then the ground battle would be similar to what we saw in AOTC, but hopefully more strategical, like the main Republic objective is to capture Dooku or something.

As for what planet it's on, I don't have a clue, but I hope it's not Geonosis again.

Oh, BTW, how would one have a land battle on *Kamino*? :p :p
  12. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    That's how Palpatine kills off all the Jedi. :p

He orders them all together for a huge ground conflict, but doesn't tell them what planet it's on...

Then they all jump from the gunships without looking, and drown.

THAT HAS TO BE IT, OMG I JUST SLPOILED EP3!!11
  13. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    LOL, actually, that could work. [face_devil]
  14. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, if Mr. Lucas is going with an ESB-style approach (central action sequence within first 45 minutes), I really, really, really hope it's going to be a huge spaceship battle, like the Battle of Endor, but bigger and more epic (I don't even know if that's possible, actually). Obviously, it would be the closing battle of the Clone Wars. Maybe the centerpiece could be Dooku's new, huge mothership, which would be the main headquarters of the Confederacy. The Republic could send its entire fleet to take out this ship.

Maybe Anakin (who is a pilot in the battle) could sneak aboard this ship, where he'd have a final confrontation with Dooku...
    Oyy, I should be a fanfic writer. ;)
  15. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be sad...

Actually, it'd be cool if there were battles on all of the landing pads of Kamino, and as all the Jedi are fighting there, the city is blown up from under them and they sink into the ocean.
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    ^^^^ Now THAT sounds cool. That would be just plain pretty to watch. \\swooon\\
  17. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great thoughts everyone! The wait for Episode III will be... unbearable. :(
  18. THE_DOODE Jedi Master

star 4
    I like your idea and have heard it before ....

The final battle of the Clones at the beginning then the Obiwan v.s. Anakin at the end which is not a bad ending, it's a kick ass ending!
  19. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    And to think I was prepared to roll my eyes :)
    All these ideas sound pretty cool actually :)
    NOt overly grandiose or melodramatic as I've cmoe to expect from fan ideas :)
  20. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Thank you for complimenting me on my sanity. ;)
  21. starfighter Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought that the first seen in ep2 was gonna be anakin goin through physical training with obi wan, but that was not the case :(
  22. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Um, what does that have to do with the opening shot of EpIII?
  23. starfighter Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmmmmm....i dont know. Maybe an argument between obi wan and anakin about his wedding.
  24. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    He'll be in physical training for his wedding?

He was already married in AOTC.
  25. starfighter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let me clarify: Before i seen EP2, i thought it would open up with him doing physical training with obiwan (like luke and yoda) but that didnt happen. For EP3 i think it will have anakin and obiwan arguing about his forbidden wedding in EP2. I dont know why i included what i thought would happen at the beggining of ep2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.