main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First SWC Muggles Draft - The Draft Who Lived

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarkEagle, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This. Especially that Lando-Kanos match. I'm agreeing with DE on all but Durge. For pretty much the same reasons he posted.

Durge has too many high end feats under his belt. Yeah, his loss is pretty bad and his vulnerabilities are there. But I'm not seeing him going down here.

BookExogorth, DarkEagle and Mikaboshi like this.
  2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    If you switch your vote and don't make us wait until May 8th for the next round, I can offer you 2 dollars and a...CASIO

[​IMG]

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I mean. It doesn't even impact who wins or loses the overall match, right. So we could just move on, and then update the individual match W-L in a week.

KenKenobi, cubman987 and DarkEagle like this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just take the watch Inty

KenKenobi likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    IT DOESN'T WORK WITH ALEXA

6. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I need to stop making assumptions about which way the judges are leaning. I endeavor to argue everything from now on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Sorry, life has me busy. I can try to get an argument up tomorrow night.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Round 1
    [​IMG]

Smeltings Conference for Uptight Upright and Proper GMs

Scum and Villainy > RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (7-3)

Forever Evil < Boring Conversation Anyway (3-6-1)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet < Mostly Mandalorian (2-8)

St Brutus's Secure Conference for Incurably Criminal GMs

OG Team < Seismic Charges (4-6)

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story > Team Hufflepuff (7-2-0-?)

This Team Makes Me Happy vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (5-5)
    @ma_petite @Jordan1Kenobi

Teams!
    R2-D2, Wedge Antilles, Wes Janson, Myn Donos, Runt, Kell Tainer, Hobbie, Poe Dameron, Face Loran, BB-8
    vs
    Chirrut Imwe, Sabine Wren, Jace Malcom, Finn, Alexsander Kallus, Ania Solo, Padme Amidala, Hera Syndulla, Baze Malbus, Krismo Sodi

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Sorry about lack of Lando arguments. Work has been very hectic. Should have more time soon.

10. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    My team was built for this. Yes drafting these players made me extremely happy as a SFD veteran, but I also picked people who had experience in the field outside of their X-wing because I like to win.

Unfortunately I am in TX away from my books until Tuesday but I'll give you what I can, it just won't be specific pages from the books and pictures like my previous arguments. For that I apologize. I couldn't help having to leave.

When Wedge Antilles created Wraith Squadron, he did it with the purpose of the squadron being a commando unit first and a flying unit second. He recognized that Rogue Squadron was being used as commandos and finding themselves in precarious situations that caused them to have to finagle their way out using more than just their X-wings. I talked in depth about these situations in my argument for Hobbie and Wes who were initially in Rogue Squadron for their flying abilities and not their commando abilities. The experience they received while fighting their way off planets helped them become proficient in hand to hand combat situations. Wedge specifically states that he was picking Wraiths who had other abilities besides flying in Wraith Squadron.

R2-D2, Wedge Antilles, Wes Janson, Myn Donos, Runt, Kell Tainer, Hobbie, Poe Dameron, Face Loran, BB-8
    R2-D2
    - I extensively put up an argument for why R2D2 will will any fight earlier in this thread and I stand by every word I said. Give him a team to work with and he's invincible.
    Wedge Antilles - natural born leader and someone who knows how to pick the right team to accomplish any job. Wedge is the glue that held the New Republic together for so many years. The man that was always in the thick of things from space combat to ground combat. Many many years of experience in both types of fighting, an incredible strategist. Pairing him up with the rest of this team and I just don't see how anyone can beat them given their history of removing multiple types of threats to the Universe over the years from Warlord Zinji to the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Wes Janson - expert marksman, picked by Wedge to be his second in command because he knew Wes could help train anyone who needed it in blaster skills.
    Myn Donos - Sniper. Myn was picked for the Wraiths because of his sniper abilities which got put to good use during his years with the Wraiths. Myn continuously was seen in the books taking his rifle to different areas of whatever base they were on and practicing his skills in various types of situations.
    Runt - species Thakwaash which has the strength three times that of a human.Runt showed his prowess in hand to hand combat when he saved a fellow Wraith from death by defeating Zinji's captain hand to hand combat expert. Thakwaa have multiple minds and one of Runts was a careful observer with a superb memory. So anything Runt knows about the enemies, he will be able to convey to his team as the Wraith communication expert. Throughout his time with the Wraith, Runt worked closely with his wingmate Kell Tainer to become a demolitions expert and went on a mission without Tainer to sabotage an Imperial controlled base with only two other Wraiths. The base ended up destroyed because of Runt's use of explosives.
    Kell Tainer - as already stated, spent most of his career working closely with Runt. Their ability to prepare for the enemy was one of the crucial parts to the success of Wraith Squadron. These two, along with Face Loran schemed many of the plans that lead to Wraith victories throughout their campaigns. Kell is an expert in demolitions and spent 20 years as a Wraith. Kell first trained to be a commando and only joined the starfighter corps to try to defend his family's honor. He was very successful as a commando serving with Judder Page's Katarn Commandos which is what caught the eye of Wedge Antilles when he was putting together the Wraiths. Kell was chosen to go undercover in the Hawkbats to infiltrate Warlord Zinji's ship Iron Fist. During that time Kell was very impressive in hand to hand combat skills. Kell saw combat all the way through the Yuuhzan Vong war. Kell and Face Loran (new leader of the Wraiths once Antilles stepped down) both went with Luke Skywalker to Coruscant and rescued survivors who were trapped there. He then went back for the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar joining the Shamed ones and resistance fighters in helping to take back the planet from the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Face Loran - worked closely with the other Wraiths throughout the years. He went on to become the leader of Wraith Squadron and along with Kell envisioned some of the most devious plans in the Star Wars universe to defeat their enemies. Face was with Kell for the battle of Coruscant and the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar. If you need more on Face for me to win this battle please let me know. Otherwise I'd like to save that argument for a head to head matchup when I have my books with me.
    Hobbie - Member of Rogue Squadron for a long time. Ive shown up in a previous argument how much time he spent out of a cockpit and fighting ground battles so he has the experience needed to be a part of this commando team. His demolitions knowledge paired with Kell and Runt will be a huge factor in an environment such as this.
    Poe and BB8 - the only two members of this squadron that thus far haven't worked with anyone else. But they have worked together and starfighter pilots are of like mind so I firmly believe he'd fit right in with this crew. R2-D2 and BB8 have met up and I'm sure we'll see them on an adventure together at some point in the near future but until then the droids in Star Wars have a tendency to work together well in the comics, tv shows, and movies.

I built this team to go to teams and win because of their cohesion, combat ability and just the general inclination to win at whatever they try to do.

Yodaminch, KenKenobi and cubman987 like this.
  11. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Wait so @Point Given has been defeated regardless?

CONSIDER THIS REVENGE FOR RUINING FANTASY FOOTBALL AND LIKING KOTOR II BETTER THAN KOTOR I

[​IMG]

12. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I regret so many of my votes now

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Don't you dare try to tell me "Kreia" was a better villain than DISCOVERING THE BAD GUY WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    *Wipes away tears with my Jedi/Basketball Draft trophies*

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’ll get an argument up later today.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Alriiiiiiight!

Chirrut Îmwe, Sabine Wren, Jace Malcom, Finn, Alexsandr Kallus, Ania Solo, Padmé Amidala, Hera Syndulla, Baze Malbus and Krismo Sodi.

So yer team are all pals huh? Well a lot of my team are very familiar with each other as well. Chirrut and Baze are best pals. Hera, Sabine and Kallus are the chumps. All the others are good guys. No problems with team work here.

Now on to the strengths.

Leadership

Padmé, Hera and Kallus are all incredible leaders, with Hera and Kallus being expert strategists as well. There’s no doubt they’d help shape a flawless plan of attack. Just look at Hera’s track record with the Rebellion. Sabine and Jace both have a lot of experience in this as well. So half my team are actually proven leaders and strategists. My enemy team may have a lot of leadership and strategy as well, but I outclass them in every other way.

Skill

Next we have skills. And we have a lot of it. Chirrut, Sabine, Kallus and Krismo have all shown to be far, far above the average fighter. Chirrut has senses that no other character in this draft does. He can sense and feel enemy movement by the smallest sounds. No ambush will work with him around. Krismo has taken on and beaten enemies far more skilled than a lot of characters in the enemy team. C-21, Latts and Boba weren’t know as incredible bounty hunters for nothing. His fight with Ventress showed he can hold his own against top tier opponents as well. What Krismo brings to the team that none of my other members do is assassin skills. He moves like a shadow and his enemies don’t even see him coming until it’s too late. With the use of smoke bombs he’s able to provide some great cover for the rest of his team mates for some surprise attacks. Sabine has more feats that any of my other team members. She’s proven herself on more than one accastion in dealing with highly skilled opponents in hand-to-hand and dealing with multiple opponents from the ground and skies. She’d be able to provide some great ariel support. Her gadgets will also help here. Kallus’ speed is near the level of Chirrut’s and has proven to be able to go toe-to-toe with opponents far more powerful than himself. They’re just the most skilled members. Finn, Jace, Padmé, Hera and Ania have all shown they’re very capable combatants as well.

Firepower

The combo and Jace and Baze is a scary thought for the opposing team. Their weapons are incredibly powerful with unmatched firing speed. Baze was able to take down an entire squad of storm troopers in mere seconds, and Jace... well he just takes down anything in his way, including Sith Lords. Using the location to their advantage, these two could hang out on one of the higher platforms and fire on the enemy team below. If someone were to confront them, Jace has shown to be very capable at hand-to-hand, with some nasty gadgets up his sleeve. Ania has some incredible sniping skills and extremely accurate gun skills in general, so could hang back and unleash hell, or even do some damage if the fight came to her. She once used her sniper to cause one explosion which killed multiple Sith. This hangar probably has some vulnerable points for her to play with. I’ve already covered Sabine’s firepower. So apart from the main area where the fighting with happen being covered. I’ve got the sky covered. The higher platforms covered. The background covered. All by opponents who are capable at close range fighting as well.

Look. Your team has fantastic cohesion and some impressive members. But a lot of their feats aren’t up to par with my team’s feats. I’ve got the skill and firepower advantage. All of my team have done things that only Jedi should be able to do. Chirrut shot down an enemy ship with one shot without looking. Finn fought a powerful Sith Lord with a lightsaber that he’d only used once. Ania killed several Sith Lords. Jace used his raw strength to hold his own against one of the strongest Sith Lords in history. Baze nearly took down a whole squad of Death Troopers. Padmé survived the arena in the Battle of Geonosis where countless Jedi fell. Etc. They done lots of crazy ****!

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm thinking about doing a theater on this battle right as my cold medicine hits peak "Inty is off the rails" time. If I have time to do so, I will. Any final arguments?

BookExogorth, KenKenobi and Mikaboshi like this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The only thing re-reading my argument did was show me how many typos I made...

Anyway, fire away with the theater.

20. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    Still not back home so if you want more specific stuff let me know. I’ll be home Wednesday and can. Just let me know!

21. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    For the record I would have voted for Durge. Still reading team args.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  22. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, if possible a little more would be helpful

23. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    I disagree that your squad is more skilled. I think where the disconnect happens is that my squad is doing and completing their missions without the help of Jedi. Sure Sabine has done lots, but usually with the help of at least one Jedi, if not two. Padme is the same story. They don’t have that advantage here.

My team’s feats other than one spot during the battle of Yuuzhantar, have all been accomplished by themselves. Poe and BB8 are frequently by themselves battling hard criminals in the comics with more weapons than your team has. And they survive. That’s just two members of my team.

You want to mention Finn’s fighting a Sith Lord? Who saved him in The Last Jedi after he was defeated? Oh that’s right, BB8 did.

I have two droids, smoke bombs mean nothing to their sensors.

Wedge and Face will come up with a strategy to take out your team. Without either of them, the legends expanded universe would have been very different. In a room full of the greatest battle minds the Rebellion has known, Wedge’s ideas were the one ultimately being used and were successful during the beginning of the New Republic and towards the end it was Face’s ideas as leader of the Intelligence commando unit that the Wraiths turned into. General Cracken tried to convince Wedge to move out of star fighter command and over to intelligence.

Good luck sneaking up on us with all the explosives that will be set up and droids with sensors!

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Can we talk about how ridiculous BB-8's showing in TLJ was? Like, I get that for the purposes of this draft, he's not coming into the team battle connected to an AT-ST. But geez. And you all let him go undrafted?

ma_petite likes this.
  25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Defeated by porgs in canon FYI

Last edited: May 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.