main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First SWC Muggles Draft - The Draft Who Lived

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarkEagle, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Smeltings Conference for Uptight Upright and Proper GMs
    1. Mostly Mandalorian (1-0) [8-2]- @Mikaboshi
    2. Scum and Villainy (1-0) [7-3]- @cubman987
    3. Boring Conversation Anyway[/B] (1-0) [6-3-1]- @Yodaminch
    4. Forever Evil (0-1) [3-6-1]- @Evil Incarnate
    5. RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (0-1) [3-6]- @RX_Sith
    6. The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet (0-1) [2-8]- @Darkslayer

St Brutus's Secure Conference for Incurably Criminal GMs
    1. Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story (1-0) [7-3]- @Wang Chi / @KenKenobi
    2. Seismic Charges (1-0) [6-4]- @heels1785
    3. This Team Makes Me Happy (1-0) [5-5]- @ma_petite
    4. We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (0-1) [5-5]- @Jordan1Kenobi
    5. OG Team (0-1) [4-6]- @Jedi Knight Fett
    6. Team Hufflepuff (0-1) [3-7]- @Point Given
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 2

9, 8, 2

Forever Evil vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (1-2)
    9. Chanath Cha vs Tsavong Lah
    8. Grakkus the Hutt vs D'harhan
    2. Morit Astarte + Aolin Astarte vs Urai Fenn

Scum and Villainy vs Mostly Mandalorian (2-1)
    9. Dliah Blue + Sugi (FORFEIT) vs BT-1
    8. Ona Nobis (prep) vs Mandalore the Indomitable
    2. Zuckuss + 4-LOM vs Tysr (prep)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs Boring Conversation Anyway (1-2)
    9. K-2SO vs Captain Rex
    8. Saw Gerrera vs Chopper + Zeb (FORFEIT)
    2. Boba Fett vs Winter (prep)

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs Seismic Charges (3-0)
    9. Tor Vizsla vs Sev + Scorch (FORFEIT)
    8. 3x Porgs + Guri vs Nym (prep)
    2. Pre Viszla vs Jango Fett [face_money_eyes]

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Team Hufflepuff (0-3)
    9. Face Loran (prep) vs Rae Sloane
    8. Poe Dameron + BB-8 vs Jyn Erso
    2. Wedge Antilles (prep) vs Talon Karrde

OG Team vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (2-1)
    9. HK-47 (prep) vs Sabine Wren [face_money_eyes]
    8. Rook Kast vs Jace Malcom
    2. Canderous Ordo (prep) vs Baze Malbus + Hera Syndulla (FORFEIT)

Argue away!

Mikaboshi likes this.
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Rex takes out that clanker K2 easy. Fett vs. prepared Winter is interesting. Would have been nicer to fall on the forfeit though. :p

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Very busy weekend, prob won't have anything until Monday or Tuesday

Mikaboshi likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    @DarkEagle what does [face_money_eyes] mean? I am assuming you want arguments on that?

Darth_Furio likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It’s a good one. I’ll try to get something up today.

6. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    It means it's an excellent, exciting fight and, yes, arguments would be very much appreciated :D

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    In addition to those, I'd love arguments in Winter vs Boba and Mandalore vs Ona

Yodaminch likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don’t believe Rook Kast has the feats to take down Jace Malcom. Jace’s history is very impressive. His fight with the Sith and Malgus should suffice.

Now the big one. I don’t know a whole lot about HK-47. I know he’s one of the deadliest droids there’s ever been.

So Sabine has a great deal of skill. Her fighting abilities are often unmatched and it takes one hell of opponent to give her a good fight. Even the Mandalorian leader Gar Saxon couldn’t take her down and was ultimately defeated.

Both HK-47 and Sabine are full of gadgets. But Sabine has these impressive ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her blasters have also been able to blast straight through Mandalorian armour. And the rocket on her jet pack was powerful enough to destroy a small ship and make a small walker stumble. I can imagine what effect that would have on a human sized droid.

Both of their armour is blast proof as well, so again, no advantage there. HK-47 obviously has the strength advantage, but Sabine has tanked some pretty heavy attacks before. I believe Sabine definitely has the skill and speed advantage, especially with her jet pack and Mandalorian training. This will make it easier for her to both dodge his attacks and land her own attacks. Just look at her dodging strikes from Gar:

[​IMG]

She’s also very quick on the draw, disarming Fenn Rau, a top Mandalorian, before he could take a shot.

[​IMG]

Part of her skillset also includes being great with tech. I’m sure she’d be able to discover a weakness in HK-47’s system and exploit it with some tricks, like how she ruined Gar’s jet pack with a dart.

It’s gonna be the fight of her life. HK-47 is powerful, but he’s not unbeatable. And again, her skills and speed are gonna be the winning factor here. Plus her strength is not to be underestimated, especially with her equipment and arsenal.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Holy **** did you cut those gifs yourself?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Nope. I don’t even know how to make a gif. Everything’s online these days.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am stealing all of those gifs.

Darkslayer and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So Boba Fett vs. Winter (prepared)

I think the first thing to look at is what does Winter get with Prep time. Winter has a perfect memory. So with prep time, she gets knowledge of the location and gets to scout it. This is particularly advantageous to Winter based on the setting of this battle- the Carbon Freeze Chamber. Why is that a big deal? Well, it's a tight space.

[​IMG]

If you recall, Vader and Luke were constantly fighting to maneuver in there. So for someone like Fett, the jetpack for instance would be rather difficult to maneuver around in. It also gives someone like Winter plenty of locations to take cover behind. Winter's skills are that of slicing and sabotage. She's not generally a direct fighter. I would argue however that the location gives her the tools needed to outsmart and outmaneuver Fett. It's not like he hasn't been outmaneuvered before:

[​IMG]

With this prep, Winter also gets knowledge of her opponent and what he brings. So she knows what to watch out for: flamethrower, jetpack, rocket launcher, cable, wrist rocket, blaster etc. She knows about the armor and she knows Fett's skills. Again, this is where her memory helps her. Winter has been shown to be extremely capable when given the information needed. And her own skills were impressive enough that Leia and Han entrusted her with their kids- the future of the jedi order at that time. True she also had Noghri guards and droid assist, but she was the last line of defense.

In terms of accuracy with a blaster, this was from her first appearance in the X-Wing Rogue Squadron comics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm looking for more, but with most of my books in storage, I'm a bit limited at the moment.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    HK-47 (prep) vs Sabine Wren
    One of the most deadliest Droids ever created in both legends and Canon vs a Mandalorian warrior.

HK 47 was originally built by Revan to assisinate high profile targets and Jedi. His job before Revan had his mind wiped was to kill Jedi. His weapons were varied from flamethrowers to sniper rifles. He also was very adapt at using many types of grenades. Many of his gadgets were made specifically to kill Jedi as quickly as possible. He was also liked to shake an opponent’s belief in themselves.

When it comes down to the fight against Sabine I think HK will be able to counter all her gadgets (many of which were made to make it easier to kill force users) And at that time it will come down to who is better at fighting and more prepared. With Prep HK will already know his opponent and the location he is fighting in which will give him the edge in defeating Sabine.

Rook Kast vs Jace Malcom

In this battle Rook Kast has several edges over Jace. Rook is wearing Mandalorian armor which is some of the most safest armor in the galaxy. Where’s Jace is wearing mass produced Republic armor. We know that Mandalorian armor can survive blaster shots. Rook Kast has also been trained since very young to be a warrior. On the other hand Jace was only trained by the Republic.

I beileve Rook will be able to take down Jace after a short battle.

14. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 2

9, 8, 2

Lah's a beast

Fat, slow-moving target vs cannon-man...

Fun fight, but I think together the Astartes take this

Ona preps well, and has some good showings against Qui-Gon and (Padawan) Obi-Wan, but MtI showed up well against Ulic. That plus more experience and known feats, give him the win

2. Zuckuss + 4-LOM vs Tsyr (prep)
    While they haven't had the most consistent of portrayals in Legends, the duo have great cohesion and a healthy amount of experience (Tsyr's main weakness is lack of shown experience)

9. K-2SO vs Captain Rex
    Putting down another clanker

Saving the dream

I like Winter, and think she's got some good feats and skills, but not enough to beat Boba

Great trump- Guri isn't even tempted to eat her companions

2. Pre Viszla vs Jango Fett
    Crazy good fight here (args would have been nice....). Fett has quite a bit of experience (and motivation) for defeating Death Watch, but I could see this going either way really.

Face the Ace

Close, but Poe helps BB-8 secure the win :p

Everyone loves some Wedge

9. HK-47 (prep) vs Sabine Wren
    Oof, very tough choice here. I like 47 and he preps well, but I'm not sure that's enough to put him as better than Sabine. She just has too much going for her- weapons and tech that are really close to what 47 can bring, a jetpack, tons of combat experience, and some truly great showings against solid opponents. 47 has similar, but I'm not quite seeing what he has that's clearly better than she does (if that makes sense).

Hmm, probably should have put a [face_money_eyes] here as well- I think I underestimated Rook a bit and this fight is closer than I thought. She seems like a cool character and I hope she shows up again in the future. That said however, Jace has some great showings against the Sith and leading Havoc Squad. Tough, but I think that he wins this one

@DarthIntegral @Darth_Furio

Mikaboshi likes this.
  15. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, been a pretty rough week for me time-wise. Maybe something later for me as well, but most likely a "what Ken said" sorta thing.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I haven't been busy.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If I voted now, there's at least one I'm disagreeing on, so we're going to need a third judge, so I'm okay to wait a day for arguments if anyone has some

Mikaboshi and Darth_Furio like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You should never be sorry for there being more Cavs games. :p

DarthIntegral and KenKenobi like this.
  20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    The Undercard: Guri & Porgs v.s Nym & Prep

Guri has porgjectiles™ and prep isn't gonna close the vast speed/strength/experience gap, especially in a hand-to-hand location. Hell he could somehow freeze her in carbonite but she's a robot who'd just punch out of it! And then strangle him. To death.

The Main Event: Pre Vizsla vs. Jango Fett

Figured this would be an uphill battle given the name recognition, but DE got me very pumped. Also it's not too late to change your vote after an arg right DE? Right? [face_whistling]

Anyway I think this comes down to top-level feats. As experience filler, Jango's got the Bounty Hunter game and Open Seasons (though crucially he gets captured by Komari Vosa and worked pretty hard by another Vizsla in those two titles). But Pre also blows through pookas...

Beyond that, they've seen remarkably similar top-talent guys-- both fought Kenobi, and both faced a prequel monster to their death. Comparing those I think is pretty illuminating.

First Kenobi-- we've all seen the AotC Kamino fight, and Jango does pretty well even though 1.) Obi-Wan was trying to capture him not kill him and 2.) Lil Boba got to help with Slave I cannons.

Pre also tangles with Obi, but as a shameless Kenobi stan I find it a little more impressive because...holy **** the dude keeps up with him blade-to-blade?! It's not Pre pulling out tricks in desperation like Jango, the guy literally tosses Obi-Wan back his lightsaber and says let's throw down. Not many dudes survive that, let alone ask for it.

Second are their deaths. Jango hops down, gets kind of embarrassingly deked trying to grab Mace's saber, and promptly gets run over by the reek which damages his jetpack. Then he kills the reek and Windu waltzs up to straight knock his head off, the end.

For Pre, he faces Lieutenant Dan Maul and it's...pretty awesome. I don't wanna slow down your comps with embeds but...

That's a dope fight! And I'd say it's actually tops in terms of either guy's prime feat. Pre dies, yes, but really puts in work against a dude who in the very next episode goes toe-to-toe with Darth kriffin' Sidious.

You'll notice too (around the 2:11 mark) that Pre gets Force-kicked by Maul and it wrecks his jetpack...which he promptly sheds before tying up Maul and shooting away his saber. It's small, but that lack of self-awareness got Jango killed almost instantaneously-- whereas Pre not only shows it here, he also shows it in an earlier battle against Ahsoka Tano.

So Pre distinguishes himself against similar opponents-- going at Ahsoka (vs. needing Zam Wessell to rescue him from Komari Vosa...also Ahsoka is wayyyy better), a prolonged throwdown against Maul (vs. a quick visit to the Windu Chop Shop), and a better duel against Kenobi (in Pre's case, an actual duel).

And speaking of actual duels, the location is an added bonus. While Jango prefers his double blasters, Pre loves to wield that Darksaber-- like he does in whooping this lightsaber-wielding clone...

[​IMG]
    And remember who this is a clone of lol...

The confines of the chamber here favor a close quarters, melee style battle. And that kind of an advantage can magnify what already seems to be a bit of an edge for Pre in 1 v. 1 matchups like this. If you can shake the aura of Jango's name, I think Vizsla takes it. Make the switch DE! [face_party]

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  21. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    What Ken said.

KenKenobi likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I agree with DE on all but two.

One: Pre Viszla over Jango. From the evidence I looked up I think this guy is an absolute ruthless killer. Never mind the Obi-Wan and Maul battles, Pre has a killer instinct that I feel takes him above Jango. They're both Mandalorians, have elite training, have the gadgets and the gear, but there is something more sinister about Pre.

Two: HK-47 (PREP) over Sabine. Again both these two have gadgets and gear, but with PREP HK-47 will know layout of a small place that Sabine's jet pack will be useless for her high strikes, HK has a his extra stun guns, flame thrower, multiple weapons that he can prepare for her and all he needs is one close encounter in which he gets his hands on her. Then it's done. He crushes a bone and subdues her.

23. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    So, them Cavs huh? :p

Darth_Furio likes this.
  24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

2. Zuckuss + 4-LOM vs Tysr (prep)

9. K-2SO vs Captain Rex

I actually rather enjoyed and appreciated (and bought into) the argument Minch sorta made for Winter. Plus, I'm on an anti-Boba Fett kick of late.

2. Pre Viszla vs Jango Fett

I like the argument for Pre. nicely done.

And, what if Guri forgets that she can throw the porgs and just dribbles them as time expires?

9. HK-47 (prep) vs Sabine Wren

BookExogorth, Yodaminch and KenKenobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.