main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First SWC Muggles Draft - The Draft Who Lived

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarkEagle, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Too soon?

KenKenobi likes this.
  3. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Schadenfreude is all the NBA has left me with

KenKenobi likes this.
  4. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Smeltings Conference for Uptight Upright and Proper GMs
    1. Mostly Mandalorian (1-0) [8-2]- @Mikaboshi
    2. Scum and Villainy (1-0) [7-3]- @cubman987
    3. Boring Conversation Anyway[/B] (1-0) [6-3-1]- @Yodaminch
    4. Forever Evil (0-1) [3-6-1]- @Evil Incarnate
    5. RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (0-1) [3-6]- @RX_Sith
    6. The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet (0-1) [2-8]- @Darkslayer

St Brutus's Secure Conference for Incurably Criminal GMs
    1. Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story (1-0) [7-3]- @Wang Chi / @KenKenobi
    2. Seismic Charges (1-0) [6-4]- @heels1785
    3. This Team Makes Me Happy (1-0) [5-5]- @ma_petite
    4. We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (0-1) [5-5]- @Jordan1Kenobi
    5. OG Team (0-1) [4-6]- @Jedi Knight Fett
    6. Team Hufflepuff (0-1) [3-7]- @Point Given
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 2

3, 4, 5, 1

Forever Evil vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (2-4)
    3. Kir Kanos (prep) vs Bowdaar
    4. Kreel (prep) vs HK-55
    5. Captain Phasma vs M1-4X
    1. Astartes (FORFEIT) vs Vua Rapuung

Scum and Villainy vs Mostly Mandalorian (3-3)
    3. Zuckuss/4-LOM (FORFEIT) vs Mandalore the Ultimate
    4. Cad Bane vs Jaster Mereel
    5. Black Krrsantan vs Cassus Fett
    1. Bossk vs Goran Beviin (prep)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs Boring Conversation Anyway (3-3)
    3. Embo vs Bo-Katan Kryze
    4. Calo Nord vs Chewbacca
    5. ARC Trooper Fives vs Han Solo
    1. Mandalore the Avenger vs Lando (prep)

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs Seismic Charges (6-0)
    3. Guri + Porgs (FORFEIT) vs Kal Skirata
    4. Shimrra Jamaane vs Ruhk + Grand Admiral Thrawn
    5. Dash Rendar vs Hondo Ohnaka
    1. N-11 Ordo vs Thrawn + Ruhk (FORFEIT)

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Team Hufflepuff (3-3)
    3. Janson + Hobbie (FORFEIT) vs Jariah Syn (prep)
    4. Runt vs Iden Versio
    5. Kell Tainer vs Durge
    1. BB-8 + Poe Dameron (FORFEIT) vs Morrigan Corde

OG Team vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (3-3)
    3. Jas Emari vs Ania Solo (prep)
    4. Carth Onasi vs Padme Amidala (prep)
    5. Bendak Starkiller vs Krismo Sodi
    1. Zaalbar vs Chirrut Imwe

I was going to ask for args on all the close ones, but I would basically be repeating the above, minus forfeits :p There's a lot of good close matches and they'll decide Victory or Defeat or Teams. So argue away!

BookExogorth and Mikaboshi like this.
  5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Embo v Bo-Katan is a good one. Especially given the space. Much more closed quarters fighting.

Chewie rips off Calo Nord’s arms and beats him to death with them.

Han vs. Fives is a good one but not in doubt. It’s Han. Fives is good but he’s not going to outsmart Han in a place Han is intimately familiar with.

Lando’s prep should give him the edge over Mandalore. Location HEAVILY favors Lando here. I will start work on that argument as well.

6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I love this draft

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Jas Emari vs Ania Solo (prep)

Both good with guns. Both good at hand to hand. One is prepared and one is not. That should settle it.

Bendak Starkiller vs Krismo Sodi

Both of these guys have small appearances, but which left more of an impact? I’d definitely go with Krismo. We don’t actually see Bendak fight anyone except the player themselves do we? Whereas Krismo was shown taking down four very formidable bounty hunters and dueling a Sith in a matter of minutes.

Zaalbar vs Chirrut Imwe

Zaalbar’s main ability is physical strength. He hasn’t got the skills or speed that Chirrut has. Whereas Chirrut is stronger than you’d think. Knocking out fully armoured stormtroopers with a stick (even actually breaking one of their helmets) and knocking one out with a swift kick to the head. Humans have been shown to survive several hits from Wookiees and still be able to fight, so if Zaalbar was able to land a few hits, it wouldn’t make too much of a difference. I just don’t see how he’d get around Chirrut’s skill and speed to make that happen.

Padmé vs Carth could get interesting. It’ll probably need a bigger argument, so I’ll work on that.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm on vacation so prob won't be on much - don't have to wait for me but doubtful I'll have arguments this week

Mikaboshi likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If someone is will to post a theater style argument for Padme vs Carth that ends in a dance off, they get my vote automatically.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jas Emari was a bounty hunter who was very skilled at using whatever was around her to her advantage. I think even with Prep Ania would be outmatched. She hunted down high ranking imperials who were surrounded by many goons. She even once ripped her own horns off her head to get out of a situation
    Carth was a warrior and a leader at heart. Padme was a Leader sure, but she was never in any position that meant she had to be a fighter. Yes she fought a lot, but I don’t think the prep will give her enough of an edge on Carth who fought against Sith and won.
    Bendak was a mandalorian warrior and a undefeated champion in the fight wrings in Taris. He could only be killed by one of the most renowned force users. Revan. Krismo is also a warrior, but not one strong enough to take down Bendak.

Zaalbar was a mighty Wookie who protected Mission Vao when she was on Taris. He also later protected Revan and swore a life debt to him. Chirrut while good at using a staff and his sense for a blind man would not be able to take down any trained wookie let alone Zaalbar.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    what?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    To clarify what I meant to say was that she was never trained in tactics and the like at least not on the same level as Carth. She was a Queen and he was a high ranking officer.

She could fight admirably, but I don’t think she would win.

Does that clear it up any? @DarthIntegral

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I was just amused at the contradictory phrasing. She was never a fighter, but she fought a lot.

KenKenobi and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Never trained in tactics? Didn’t she come up with the plan to retake Theed that worked perfectly? And she came up with that on the spot. She also escaped the execution in the arena on Geonosis before Anakin and Obi-Wan even knew what to do. These are just two examples from the films with how clever she is without prep. Give her some prep time and she’s a force to be reckoned with. She’s a sharp shot. Good at hand to hand. Has been able to deal with multiple bounty hunters at a time. Was able to survive the Battle of Geonosis. She’s a survivor. She’s a fighter, and a good one too.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s not good at picking husbands though. A survivor? She lost the will to live. Yes that is a real thing, but did she not have other things to live for other then Anakin like let’s say her newborn kids?

Did she infiltrate a sith temple? No

She has fought in many battles, but a lot of them were not of her own choosing. Several times she needed help to get out of some tough spots. Carth on the other hand helped others such as Revan on the Endar Spire.

When it comes down to it I think as Rex says experience outranks everthing. Carth has the experience on Padme.

17. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Sorry I’ve been absent, even today I’m having trouble getting the page to advance. Anyone else having issues? Increased celebration traffic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The boards crashed a few days ago, but after that it’s been smooth

19. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Live look at Thrawn & Rukh strolling into the chamber to see Shimrra:

[​IMG]

Dash vs. Hondo

Hondo is dece with an electrostaff but his best showings (vs. Anakin, vs. Ahsoka) weren't really victories and he had help (his Kowakian monkey lizard, his pirates). In fact most of his appearances are predicated on his being a pirate leader vs. an individual fighter, and in Rebels he needed saved by Chopper and then Ezra both against Azmorigan.

Dash on the flip side has some decisive wins (IG-88, Boba twice, the Giant Dianoga, etc.) without many dudes at his back.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cavs are down 3-0 and heels is on team +Spidey, so I'm voting for Ken's team in all matches, even the forfeits.

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So tackling Bo-Katan and Embo first. Here's a clip from Season 5 where both were fighting on various sides.

Some things to note here: Bo-Katan's rocket. The use of flamethrowers, wrist-launcher's etc. Also, While Embo's hat can take a pounding, he himself is not that armored up. Notice how Savage is using mostly brute strength to beat up Embo. Bo-Katan, as I've already shown in a previous argument, is extremely skilled with hand to hand combat. And she too is armored up. The hat keeps Embo around for a while, but I'm at a loss for how exactly he beats her. He is outgunned, out maneuvered- the cramped area of the Carbon Freeze chamber pretty closely resembles the amount of space they fought in within that initial clip. Embo does his best work when free to move around. And while plenty of areas here give him coverage, there is also a lot of Bo-Katan to blow up or light on fire.

I'm really not going to touch on Chewie or Han unless someone really thinks it is needed. Calo Nord is outmatched there and Fives is good- Han is better.

But as to Shae vs. Lando.

So, with prep, Lando knows that they are in his home turf. He knows how to set the carbon freeze machine. He knows what else is in that room. He knows the exits, entrances, places to hide, to rig, etc.

Lando is at his best when prepared. He's one of the smoothest talkers around. But he is also no fool. And yes, he is skilled with a blaster. This match though comes down to outsmarting and out-thinking his opponent. These are Lando's most natural skills.

Perhaps he sets up a little table in the carbon chamber with some food, some wine. Maybe a Colt and lays on the charm. Maybe he gets a few ugnaughts or Lobot to wait on them.

[​IMG]

He defeats her by pure charm.

And then he stuns her, knocks her into the freeze chamber and pushes the button.

22. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Round 2

3, 4, 5, 1

Forever Evil vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (2-4)
    3. Kir Kanos (prep) vs Bowdaar
    I like both of them but I think Kanos can do enough with the prep to win

4. Kreel (prep) vs HK-55
    Another toss-up; would probably take 55 on even footing but, again, I like Kreel with prep

5. Captain Phasma vs M1-4X
    Not sold on Phasma, mildly sold on 4X

1. Astartes (FORFEIT) vs Vua Rapuung

Scum and Villainy vs Mostly Mandalorian (3-3)
    3. Zuckuss/4-LOM (FORFEIT) vs Mandalore the Ultimate

4. Cad Bane vs Jaster Mereel

5. Black Krrsantan vs Cassus Fett
    Cassus has better general experience with the Mandalorian Wars but it's against unknowns; I like BK's experience against known opponents (Kenobi, Chewbacca)

1. Bossk vs Goran Beviin (prep)
    Not a huge Bossk fan and I like what I've seen from Beviin, particularly when he preps

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs Boring Conversation Anyway (3-3)
    3. Embo vs Bo-Katan Kryze
    Oof, this one's a real nail-biter. Embo, while good, just quite hasn't made it into the top-tier yet (good showings, but lacks a big signature win). Yet, B-K isn't either.... ugh. I think B-K has shown up just slightly better against similar opponents than Embo has and she has just a few more tricks to her credit.

4. Calo Nord vs Chewbacca

5. ARC Trooper Fives vs Han Solo

1. Mandalore the Avenger vs Lando (prep)
    Flipped back and forth a bit: MtA has the fighting skills and equipment to take on some serious opponents. Lando has good experience and showings but he does struggle occasionally against formidable foes, but this is about as home-field advantage as you can get. With prep.

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs Seismic Charges (6-0)
    3. Guri + Porgs (FORFEIT) vs Kal Skirata

4. Shimrra Jamaane vs Ruhk + Grand Admiral Thrawn
    rip blue boy and his lizard man pet

5. Dash Rendar vs Hondo Ohnaka

1. N-11 Ordo vs Thrawn + Ruhk (FORFEIT)

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Team Hufflepuff (3-3)
    3. Janson + Hobbie (FORFEIT) vs Jariah Syn (prep)

4. Runt vs Iden Versio

5. Kell Tainer vs Durge

1. BB-8 + Poe Dameron (FORFEIT) vs Morrigan Corde

OG Team vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (3-3)
    Close, but again going with the prep here- Ania certainly knows how to use it to her advantage.

Maybe if we had more on Bendak

Going with Zaalbar here, maybe a little odd given how well I've rated Chirrut previously, but I see Zaalbar being able to shrug off what damage chirrut can do and it's not like Z has weak showings himself.

@DarthIntegral @Darth_Furio

Mikaboshi likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. Agreed all around. Sorry to take the easy way out, but nothing to add.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm back - but you've made your judgements so oh well, just have to get ready for my teams argument.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    ftfy

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.