main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The Fleet: The Battlestar Galatica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I recently rediscovered the new Battlestar Galactica. I don't have SciFi, but Paqui had been kind enough to loan me the miniseries on tape when it came out. Since then, I had only seen a couple of chapters of the first season. Now, thanks to the magic of the internet, I got a hold of the first season and I am in the middle of the second season...

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn, damn.

Frack!

Only the man who made Deep Space Nine the best Trek ever could have pulled off such an amazing show.

Anyways, I'd like to have a space on the forum to talk Galactica. I'm still in the second season, so I'm lagging behind...something I hope to change by the end of the week as I am watching two or three episodes a day. (I can't fracking stop!!!)

I love the effects, I love the ships and I especially love Edward James Olmos' performance. Damn. He is an amazing actor. The scene when he cries on top of Galactica Boomer's corpse blew my mind.

So, lets talk Galactica shall we.

2. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Well, first of all, you should have marked a spoiler!!!! (about the crying thing, if you decide to edit it out).
    Next... well... I think I'm too old for that. I'm one of the very few that actually saw and loved the original Galactica.
    I've seen a few of the new episodes, and although they are quite nicely done, I cannot help but feel weird when I see the "changes".
    I will always prefer the Vader-ized Cylons over the Super Battle Droid-esized ones. :p

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Actually, Jaime, I was a huge, huge, huge fan of the original series. When it first came out and later when reruns started appearing again a couple of years ago. I have seen all of the original episodes a number of times and for a while, I had a really bad obsession with the series. I can talk Galacticon with the best of them. (A few yahrens ago, I had feldercarb on my shoes and then my friend scared the pogees out of me for a few fumarellos that cost just a couple of cubits.) I even wrote a Galactica dictionary in my old webpage back in '97 if I am not mistaken. And I was the member of a Galactica FanFic mailing list back when they actually existed (circa 96)

When the new show came out, I was really pissed at the changes. (WHAT THE FRACK! A FEMALE STARBUCK!!!! TRAVESTY!!!) But the new show has won me over. It is a completely different animal, with just the very basic premise of the original series. I think it has become one of the best scifi shows on TV.

4. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Por mala suerte no he podido ver la nueva serie pero recuerdo la serie original. De hecho tengo una ?película? que es los primeros episodios de la serie original.

Alguien me comento que en la nueva serie hay varios tipos de Cylons. ¿No hay algunas que se parezcan a los originales?

5. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Bueno, los Cylon Centurions originales si salen en la serie nueva, como los modelos viejos de Cylons en un museo (en la miniserie). Los Centurions nuevos son muy parecidos, son como updates de los viejos.

New Cylons
    [image=http://static.flickr.com/55/128908602_d055af0790.jpg]

Old Cylons
    [image=http://www.starbase8.de/diverse/galactica/toys/joyride-serie-2/cylon-commander_detail.jpg]

What the old Cylons are up to now
    [image=http://clarkblog.typepad.com/clarkblog/images/cylon.jpg]

By your command.

6. Jedi_YingYang

Jedi_YingYang Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    I wasn't able to see the 2nd half of the season 2 only 4 of the episodes I'm far behind since I don't have SciFi also. But now I got them so I have to plan a day to see the rest of season 2, the webisodes & the rest of season 3. But with school and work I don't have alot of time on my hand but when the right time comes up, the downstair TV is all mines. :cool:

I know that this is just for BSG, but I'm liking the new series on National Brodacasting Company called Heroes and the other shows on SciFi like Doctor Who, Eureka, Stargate SG1(this will be its last season) & Stargate Atlantis.

Double Y Out!!!!:cool:

7. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Nice Cylon update.

Alguien ha visto la nueve serie de Doctor Who, aunque casi ni recuerdo la serie original.

8. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Saben que tengo en casa todavia?

Tengo todavia un Colonial Viper (escala como los action fleet de SW) guardado en casa con todo y el pilot. Ese lleva conmigo desde que era nene.

9. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Exijo una foto.

10. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Hola Roman:
    No problem, cuando llegue a casa hoy le saco una detallada.:D

Pero como aperitivo mira esta foto( el tablillero con la tablilla de poco espacio tiene un reloj y el nose del colonial viper asomada con linea roja.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/collections/sarraff/DSCN0333.jpg&text=Ignacio%20Sarraff's%20Collection]

11. Spook_Spiegel

Spook_Spiegel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    Jesus, estoy tambien viendo Doctor Who, aunque un poco atras pq las estoy viendo en un canal diferente. Estoy en la primera temporada. En verdad me gusta mucho tambien.

En BSG esto ahora mismo terminando la segunda temporada...

Damn.

Fracking damn...

12. Roman

May 30, 2002
    De que te quejas, yo no puedo verlas a menos que pueda alquilar la serie.:(

13. Jedi_YingYang

Dec 11, 2003
    Finally I'm up to date with BSG. Finish watching all the episodes of the 2nd season, watched the websiodes and episodes 1 - 4 of the 3er season

Double Y Out!!!!!!!!

14. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    ami tambien se me pego la BSG mania cuando el señor Julio A.K.A Ozzy vino a mi casa y junto a rafa y otros vimos los miniseries de la serie nueva.

Tengo unos DVD's con el season 1, season 2 y los Webisodes... it's fracking awesome! con cada episodio la cosa se pone mejor... (Exodus Part. 2)

Anyways, llegue hasta el punto de bajar las series originales y tambien las estoy viendo...

anyways... cuando yo sea grande quiero ser como Adama!

15. Spook_Spiegel

Spook_Spiegel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    Acabo de ver Occupation y Precipice...

Frack...

Estoy loco por ver Exodus.

Tigh de repente se puso cool. Siempre me ha gustado el personaje de Tyrol y ahora esta cada vez mejor. Me dio hasta emocion cuando Adama juramento a Sharon como oficial. Deja que ver que pasa si algun dia descubre que paso con Hera...

16. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Sigh...

Sharon... so dreamy :)

Como dijo el Sr. Digital, a mi tambien me dio la BSGmania. Estoy completamente hookiao, y si, cada episodio es mejor y mejor.

SO Far tengo que decir que mi episodio favorito es... no recuerdo el nombre, pero es el que es completo de los cylons en Caprica. El que te ensenan el punto de vista de la Sharon que le disparon a Adama, cdo despierta en su nuevo cuerpo. Y cdo la rubia despierta, y lo primero que ve es a Baltar.

17. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Downloaded, creo que es. A mi me impresiono mucho 33, el primero del primer season cuando los Cylons atacan cada 33 minutos.

BTW, por fin estoy totalmente al dia. Ayer vi Collaborators y realmente crei que iban a limpiarle el pico a Gaeta. El metodo de ejecucion del Circle es muy, muy original...

Estoy loco que sea manana y pueda bajar el proximo episodio, Torn. Va a ser el primero que vea a la par con el resto de la humanidad!

18. digital-skywalker

May 16, 2002
    Creo que ese punishment de "blowing people/cylons out the airlock" que originalmente implanto Roslin es como el generic execution para todo lo que tenga que ver con los Cylons.

El episodio de Collaborators lo encontre medio cruel... pienso que estaban cortanto con la misma tijera que cortaban los cylons... matando mas humanos, pero pues... tenia que estar Tom Sarek detras... yo sabia que Roslin no se iba a poner en esas.

Mi episodio favorito tiene que ser Exodus Pt.2... ese fracking belly-flop que se tira el BSG en la atmosfera de New Caprica esta genial!

19. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tienes razon, pero Roslin los tiraba por el airlock. El Circle los tiraba por los tubos de los Vipers. Eran mas originales!

Cuando vi a Galactica haciendo el belly flop en la atmosfera, lo que pense fue..."no puede ser, estan locos!" En verdad que la idea le quedo brutal.

20. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Propongo una mocion para nombrar el BSG Belly-Flop el stunt mas impactante del BSG ship yet.

Supongo que Kyle Katarn le dio el hint a Adama de como hacerlo.

21. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    No. Si hubiera sido Kyle hubiese usado Galactica para aplastar los Cylons y despues el mismo la hubiese cogido y lanzado en orbita de nuevo.

22. digital-skywalker

May 16, 2002
    Yo secundo la mocion!

23. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    SPOILER DISCUSSION ALERT...

I just finished watching Torn. I wondered what you guys think about this... Is Baltar a Cylon? I mean, the guy did survive a nuclear explosion and he "projects" stuff in his mind. It sounds to me that the 7 models we know and love really don't know what the remaining 5 look like, so it is possible that Baltar himself is one of these.

24. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    "According to interviews with Grace Park, Dean Stockwell, and Tricia Helfer, the remaining Cylons are so secret that even the seven models known to the audience don't know who the last five are."

Interesting...

25. Jedi_YingYang

Dec 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.