Before THE FLOWER : pre JA: Little Obi/ Qui-Gon : Short story of their meeting

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: The Flower
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Little Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon
    Genre: Obi-Angst PG
    Summary: A night sitting in the Garden opens Qui-Gon?s eyes to the future.

Notes: All characters from Star Wars belong to George and hopefully he will let me play with them.
    I promise not to hurt them much.

The Flower.

Defeat and misery was permanently etched in his heart, it ached so, and it felt so lifeless. It felt like his heart was a block of ice, an uninhabited organ that had no right to be beating.
    It had been a month since that fateful day, when his whole reason for living had glared at him with hateful eyes and renounced his training and professed his eternal hatred for him.

He had wandered aimlessly around the galaxy, not wanting to return to the Temple. Not wanting to see the pity in his peer?s eyes knowing he had failed to carry on the tradition, of nurturing a gifted person to Knight hood.

?Oh yes? they would say that not all were meant for this life; as it was a difficult path to follow, and it required dedication and a strength born of the force.

They would tell him to release his pain and suffering to the force and strive to achieve serenity and completion by taking on another.

He would not!

He would not allow this hurting to go away, he would embrace it and allow it to swallow him up. But he would return to the Temple, he had a need to sit in the room of a thousand fountains, to wallow in his grief. He knew he shouldn?t feel this way, but there was nothing and no one, that could pull him out of his self exile.

There was no bright shining light that could enter by force and warm his heart. But maybe the smells and sounds of the living force in the gardens, would give him some peace.
    He would wait until the middle of the night when the entire Temple was sleeping, and he would sit in the corner away from the path away from peering eyes. He quietly slipped into the garden, his long brown hair covered by his hood.
    He made his way past the flowering trees, whose petals struggled to hold onto life as the wind blew. Ripping them from their hold on the branches. Floating down to join him, in between the living and the dead.

He walked past a beautiful flowering vine, and noticed the petit blue flowers still hanging blissfully on the vine, not one blue flower had dropped. He touched one tenderly, not wanting it to fall of the vine, because he knew that once it did it was destined to shrivel up and die just as his heart had done.

He walked past it and moved off into the secluded area behind the bushes, not noticing two beautiful vibrant blue Vine-flowers, gracefully descending to the grassy knoll beneath the vine. They lay together, resting one atop the other, a perfect pair.

He sat down on a bench and removed his hood. Qui-Gon Jinn Master of the force was withering and dying just as the flowers would.
    He bowed his head and rested it in his hands?....

A sound startled him, and he lifted his head, night had left and the morning sun was just creeping over the garden. Standing not a foot away from him was a child; the sun appeared to encase him.
    A child, who was not much older than six, was smiling at him.

Qui-Gon was stunned, here was a tiny boy dressed in white pants and a tunic, with no shoes on. The child?s hair appeared wet, but then Qui-Gon realised it was shinning in the sunlight; it was a golden colour with streaks of amber flowing in slight curls around his face.

?What are you doing here child? You should be in bed?? he whispered quietly to the boy.

?I was waiting for you? the boy uttered.

Qui-Gon didn?t answer, thinking the boy had mistaken him for someone else.

?I want to help you! I want to ease your pain I have been waiting a long time? the boy continued.

?You have me confused with some one else youngling I do not even know you. You cannot possibly have been waiting for me I have been away for a month? Qui-Gon stated.

?Yes I know, it was hard to wait. Sometimes I nearly gave up and left. But then I felt it, an
  2. LilQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    AWWWWW! Obi is a sweetheart. [face_love] :* [face_love] Nice job GK! @};- @};- @};- @};-
  3. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was so sweet :) Nice one GK!
  4. Qui-GonJinn1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was so cute!

My little Obi!

Well done, it was incredible!
  5. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww that was great. I liked the way you made the spirit Obi seem real until we find out otherwise. Of course Qui is at his bucket-headed best :D

It was nice to read this after being away for a while.
  6. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Thanks for the reviews Guys I was thinking I might make
    a longer story out of it later

LilQui-Gon AWWWWW! Obi is a sweetheart

I know and I couldn't resist the plot that just sprung into my head. Thanks for reading my friend@};-

MASTER KAYM Little Obi is such fun to write
    I can make it happy or sad and then have cute little Obi bat his beautiful lashes, just to get a hug. ThanksO:)

Qui-GonJinn1 So glad you enjoyed it.
    Thank you[:D]

jodiwent Thanks for reading this on your return.

Of course Qui is at his bucket-headed best

You know Qui-Gon a Bucket head through and through[face_laugh]

7. KILIK Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the one that stroy was writen nice job.:) Keep on writing.=D=
  8. Star_Drifter Jedi Knight

star 3
    ?How dare you pick those beautiful flowers off the vine, you talk of healing and helping me.
    Yet you have no regard for the living force in those two flowers, by picking them off the vine you have condemned them to death.
    ?You know nothing of pain and suffering, you?re just a child, a child who should know that all living beings including flowers have the right to live.
    ?Now leave me!? Qui-Gon said as he closed his eyes and ribbed his face.

Good old Qui-Gon, open mouth, insert foot! [face_laugh]

What a lovely touching little story, GK! =D=

Good job! [:D]

Star
  9. Ani-maniac Force Ghost

star 4
    Defeat and misery was permanently etched in his heart, it ached so, and it felt so lifeless. It felt like his heart was a block of ice, an uninhabited organ that had no right to be beating.

That is a beautiful description. =D=

Ripping them from their hold on the branches. Floating down to join him, in between the living and the dead.

Again, beautiful. @};-

?Healing properties I know not, but taste good they do, use them in my stew I have,? Yoda said.

Wait a minute. If Yoda uses them in his cooking, is he sure they taste good? ;)

Wonderful work! [:D]

Ani-maniac
  10. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_love] Awwwww this was just waaay too cute and sweet! =D=

If u decide to ake it longer, plz feel free to pm me, i'd be very interested in reading it :)

[face_peace]
  11. obi-gonjinn Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!:_|
    that was the cutest thing i ever did read =D=
    ahhhhhhhhhhh Qui-Gon went from mean old fart :mad: to huggy bear[face_batting] in less than one day
    all is happy in fan fic land
    yet another brillaint story! =D=
    but you still had to have one of the boys all hurt and dying didnt yah shame on you Gkilkenny shame on you :D
  12. no-one Jedi Knight

13. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Such a lovely story I just now discovered (thank goodness for bio's). Bravo.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Such a lovely story.I like little Obi stories@};-=D=
  15. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Thanks to every one who replied to the Flower.
    I actually forgot about it, as the writing bug took hold on another story.
    KILIK Thank you :cool:

Star_Drifter My friend hasn?t been on the boards for a long time I hope she is alright
    Thanks Star.[:D]

Ani-maniac Also my wishes go to her as well as her Mom I hope you are well.[:D]

Veloz Thanks for your comments I haven?t any plans to make it longer but I will let you know.:cool:

obi-gonjinn Thank you my friend[:D]

no-one Thanks[face_love]

Valairy_Scot Thanks. I know what you mean BIO?s are great for finding long lost stories[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks my friend I like lil Obi too.[face_love]
  16. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwww, that was so sweet! [face_love] Good thing Qui-gon found out about Obi in time.
  17. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Jedi_Tigris Thanks I am so glad you
    enjoyed it.[:D]
  18. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Qui-Gon brings flowers to Obi-Wan to make him better; it doesn't get any mushier than that. :) Very sweet.

He walked past it and moved off into the secluded area behind the bushes, not noticing two beautiful vibrant blue Vine-flowers, gracefully descending to the grassy knoll beneath the vine.
    They lay together, resting one atop the other, a perfect pair.

Nice touch. :)
  19. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    ardavenport Thanks for your comments. I know it took me six moths to find it sorry.[face_blush]

I have been writing a sequel to this story. One day I will post it.:D
  20. ClaudiaR Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Its so cute this story, poor Obi was dying but still waiting for his Master
    and then Qui-Gon tells him to go....
    I am glad that he cames to his senses and helped him!
    and Now Qui has a chibi-padawan!
  21. darth_grievous1 Force Ghost

star 5
    That certainly was a close one...Obi-Wan could have died and it would have been Qui-Gon's fault :(

Very good story.
  22. Ganki Jedi Knight

star 3
    AW That was just so darn cute, I just want to glomp Obi-Wan now~! Great ficcie. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.