main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Flowers of Evil, 50 titles challenge, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 5, 2016.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Volca hurried to the selected place between the bushes and donned her rags blending in with the environment. She took the Blastech 300 slug-rifle from its cover and made sure that her scope was ready to pick up the signature.

I hope this will not end up in a massacre!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and will get evil soon
    [face_devil]

The last part of chapter 6

With his daughter under the care of the crèche Jim Kerebuy headed towards the auditorium after getting a cup of caf in the restaurant of the surgery wing. Entering he took one of the few remaining places in the auditorium. It was next to a young looking woman he had never met. He bowed and presented his hand. “Hi, I am Jim Kerebuy.”

“Sit down mister Kerebuy. I am Esmeralda Cobes representing Haradan University as its most promising trainee.”

Jim sat down, baffled by the reply and smiled a bit when Aradan – sitting before him – turned in his seat and gave a wink with his left eye. And he picked up the laughter and fun from the man. Aradan had ‘his’ encounter with the woman.

The same was for Rihan Shellan, sitting next to Aradan and mumbling something unaudible but sure funny because Aradan stiffled a laugh.

Jim picked it up and began to laugh. Rihan and his twin brother Tarko – on medevac duty and therefore not able to be at the lecture – were always in for some fun.

“Mister!”

- - -

Protests from Rob Dalara and the dull look in Muia Warovan’s eyes were almost forgotten when Mick toggled the switch to power up the engine of the new medevac. He put the craft in hover-mode and guided it outside the hangar. He saw Rob giving thumbs up and voicing ‘see you in 60 minutes.’ And he didn’t mind if the lady in the backseat had strapped herself in when he took the controls and guided the craft up and in a sharp turn. He liked to see what the craft could endure.

“Commander Kerebuy this isn’t an Eta actis interceptor.”

“Really commander Sloan,” Mick grinned mischievous when he pushed the controls almost to their forward stop. “It flies like an overgrown Gungan with big wings.”

“Ah you have Jar Jar in the picture,” Peter remembered immediately that old story from Kaagi. He had – when he came to Moniron – recognized the former Jedi Kaagi Adin immediately as the one serving a tour of duty in the New Holstice hospital during the clone wars.

“Yes, Binks and his goofing with that battle tank during the Naboo battle.” Mick turned his head towards Peter and stuck out his tongue. “Senator Blabbertongue kept Kaagi busy when he visited the Jeditemple and told him all about his exciting adventures. And you know Kaagi and his colorful descriptions.”

“Sure,” Peter imitated Jar Jar, sticking his two index-fingers in his mouth and moving his tongue.

Mick took his left hand from the controls and reached for Peter’s mouth. That had the medevac diving. “Hooyah,” he gripped the controls again guiding the medevac in an almost vertical ascend.

“Mister!” That came out with a high shriek.

“Our snoopy passenger doesn’t like your flying either.”

“She had to tag along,” Mick grinned. “Director Warovan insisted despite Rob’s this-is-the-first-real-test warning.” He took the medevac in more sharp turns and headed to the next point on the flight-plan. “We have to see how she behaves when we take her for some tree- and meadow hugging tests before we start the Ikraan gorge run.”

A small smile from the woman was unnoticed by the two men.

tc

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Senator Blabbertongue = JarJar Binks

[face_rofl]

Ah go on, go on with the good and funny stuff!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Oh fun, Jar Jar impersonations and fast driving of the medvac vehicle. [face_mischief]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And after the fun, BIG trouble in the first part of chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Mick!”

Mick was taking the medevac downhill skimming over the treetops towards a clearing where he had to turn right when he heard it too.

Beweeweep, beweeweep.

A shrill sound came from the coms-unit.

“Someone in trouble!”

Mick took the medevac in a sharp left turn to a stream and a trail running along it, followed the stream and saw a ground-speeder on the sandy trail. And he saw the darweed succulents and recognized the trail. It was leading to the valley of the darrin. “You know where this leads. This stinks.”

Beweeweep, beweeweep.

“I know but get down Mick.”

“Oki doki commander Sloan,” Mick guided the controls of the medevac back until he was in hover-mode above the trees and circled the incident area. There was one good place to land and to have access to the equipment. “I don’t sense anything but that’s to be expected with the devious minerals and darweed here. Let’s see what’s wrong. There is someone next to that speeder.” He took the medevac down and landed on the trail a short distance from the ground-speeder. Releasing the straps from his seat after powering down the engine he reached for the small orange first-aid box held by a quick-release strap to the right of the cabin.

Peter had already released his straps and was opening the door and jumping out.

Thoughts about contacting emergency dispatch or Rob were in the back of Mick’s mind. Someone in distress, despite being in an area where he had limited access to the Force, had him responding to his teaching and in rescue-mode. He was following Peter who was hurrying with the big first-aid box to the ground-speeder when a sharp pain coursed through his right thigh and had him gasping “ooww.”

tbc

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, definitely the start of trouble. [face_worried]

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I sense trouble ahead. [face_nail_biting]Evil flowers that blossom...

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It sure is
    An early update especially for AzureAngel2

Aradan was jawing a bit and it wasn’t from lack of sleep or caf. His cup was almost empty and placed on the floor. Director surgeon Koranar Er-Quin was witty and full of jokes during his speeches. But he had seen the current part of the lecture – a very old movie about clone soldiers administering first aid – already and was playing with the hem of his blue scrubs when a cry came from the man sitting behind him.

“Oww.”

‘What’s Jim doing?’ Aradan felt the worry from his colleague. He turned his head and saw the worried look. “Is the lecture that creepy Jim?”

“Shhh Mirdees.” Esmeralda Cobes turned left in her seat staring towards Jim.

“I felt something,” Jim whispered when he saw the admonishing looks from Esmeralda Cobes.

“I am here for you Jim,” Aradan ignored the woman.

“Maybe it’s nothing,” Jim massaged his right thigh. “Or it is my reaction to that.”

“Koranar will come soon to the next part. And during the caf-break I will tell you…”

“I am following this Mirdees.”

“Sure Cobes. Troubled by some talk?”

“Shut up.”

- - -

“Mick!” Peter, who had reached the motionless figure and found no life-signs at all, had heard the shot and anguished cry. Getting worried and being in full rescue mode he turned and hurried back to his friend. What was wrong here? Mick had voiced his concern but had landed anyway and followed him. Was it because the trail was leading to the valley of the darrin? Was it someone after the darweed? He had seen the succulents. He felt the diminishing of the Force.

“Oww,” Mick crumbled in a ball reaching towards his right thigh to try to stop the bleeding.

“What’s happening?” Carolin struggled for a moment with the straps before tumbling out.

Another slug passed over Peter’s head and he dove down. “Ambush. Get down,” he warned when he opened his first-aid box and heard more slugs passing him. “There’s a sniper somewhere. We must have run into someone’s devious darweed business.”

Carolin followed suit, making sure that she was next to Peter and the moaning Mick.

Peter – mind focused on his patient – grabbed dressings from his box and pressed those against the wound in Mick’s thigh. “No exit-wound Mick. I don’t know what’s in but I have seen this before on some poor clone-soldier.”

“Yeah I am at the receiving end of a particle slug,” Mick grumbled “devious metal bastard.”

“It sure is,” Peter gave a small smile. Despite the injury Mick could joke. A bandage came next and was secured around the thigh. “And it’s now about to be wrapped.”

“And trapped,” Mick reacted. “Now some fluids and something for the pain and Mick will be OK.”

“Doctors orders,” Peter grinned. He crawled towards Mick’s left hand to begin an IV when he felt a sharp sting in his right thigh and the sound of another slug passing over his head. Looking in the direction of his thigh he saw nothing but a cowering Carolin clutching her handbag with the spikey decorations close to his leg and resumed his work on the IV. “I will fit you with an IV and give you something for the pain.”

“Sure doc,” Mick muttered through clenched teeth.

“Needle coming,” Peter gave a small smile when Mick held his left hand motionless. He swabbed the hand. In a few minutes he had the IV running. He secured the line with tape, reached for a syringe and filled it with medicine. He swabbed the tap and moved the syringe. But why was he having trouble inserting the needle in the tap. ‘Needles don’t wobble.’

“They don’t,” Mick sensed barely what Peter was thinking. And there was something weird. The reporter! She was getting up. Was the sniper her friend?

“Stand up Peter.”

That was Carolin but why was she dancing? Peter had no idea.

“Follow me. It is now safe. You have to get a stretcher for Mick.”

Peter began to rise on unsteady legs. He had to follow the beautiful dancing woman.

tbc

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Peter began to rise on unsteady legs. He had to follow the beautiful dancing woman.

That makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Poor Peter!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sure and turning nasty for Mick

Chapter 8

“Peter, get that syringe in the tap.” Mick was becoming worried. The woman wasn’t dancing. She was commanding his friend. Something was very wrong with Peter. But everything was in this place steeped with mind numbing forces.

“Follow me Peter. Mick will be alright after he is on the stretcher and in the medevac. First you have to answer my questions. Come to me Peter.”

Peter dropped the syringe and took two steps.

“Peter I am your best friend. You brought me here to Moniron in your nice MFS-six transport. Can you tell me where it is?”

“Peter, she is evil.” Mick knew now. He had acted according to his teachings but should have been more careful. The unknown sniper and Mokovic had been planning this from the beginning. Peter had told him about the passenger from New Holstice. She had never told him why she was stranded on the devastated planet. She could be an imperial or a Moff aligned with those still loyal to the Sith. The woman wanted a transport to escape from a planet unknown to the rest of the galaxy.

“Can you give me the codes to start the engine?”

‘I hope he remembers the old commands from hospital squadron.’ Mick had to cut through the haze troubling his friend. “Lieutenant Sloan I order you to stop.”

Peter continued with resolute steps.

“Lieutenant Sloan attention on deck,” Mick barked. And with no reaction at all he had to act. Despite the pain coursing through his right thigh Mick grabbed the IV bag in his right hand and started to crawl towards the medevac when he saw Peter hopping into the medevac. He had to reach the com.

“I gave the MFS-six to Jeb Bel Hana and his father Jono because their old transport was a mess. They are researchers going to the Moniron moon and have found interesting Rakata remains.”

“Where is Jeb Bel Hana?”

“Maybe at home but I don’t know.”

“Jono Bel Hana?”

“He is working at Noranan central station.”

“What?”

“He is a police officer.”

“Can you contact him?”

“Yes.”

“I like to see him. He must be your best friend. Is he a Dunai?”

“He is.”

“Peter!” Mick heard the harsh questions and dull answers and saw the wicked smile on Carolin’s face when she heard the last answer. Another innocent man would fall under the spell of the devious drug. He pushed further with his good leg, bad leg trailing along and smearing the rocks and sand with some drops of blood that were seeping through the bandage.

“Wait here.”

Reaching with his left hand for the open door Mick tried to stand up and took one unsteady step when he was thrown back. A searing pain coursed through his right shoulder. “Oww.” He continued his fall and heard very faintly a comlink activating before unconsciousness claimed him after his head hit a rock.

- - -

Volca smiled. Looking through her scope on her rifle she saw the man now motionless. She saw the rise and fall of the chest. She had been playing with him like a felin toying with a prey. She had seen his efforts to reach his friend and more important the com in the medevac. Now the man was down but alive and in need of treatment. Now she waited for a command.

tbc[face_skull][face_worried]

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Volca smiled. Looking through her scope on her rifle she saw the man now motionless. She saw the rise and fall of the chest. She had been playing with him like a felin toying with a prey. She had seen his efforts to reach his friend and more important the com in the medevac. Now the man was down but alive and in need of treatment. Now she waited for a command.

She will stop smiling when I knock her out of her shoes. [face_phbbbbt]

Anyway, great update as usual.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    If you will catch her

But first reactions from friends in the first part of chapter 9

Chapter 9
    “Mick is in serious trouble,” Jim shouted. Only minutes ago he had felt a pain that wasn’t his own coursing through his right leg but now he felt that his brother must have lost consciousness after enduring more pain in his right shoulder and head. And there was something very wrong. Mick had been crying out in the Force.

“Mister,” Esmeralda started.

“Come Jim,” Aradan stood up and walked to the aisle. He felt the worry from his colleague. He knew about the existing bond between siblings.

Jim stood up unsteadily brushing with his right leg against Esmeralda.

“Sleemo!” the woman muttered but that was unnoticed by Jim who followed Aradan.

Aradan waited for Jim to catch up and caught him by his right arm to steady and support. “Come, let’s go to MDC. We will contact Rob Dalara.”

“Ah yes the test but Mick isn’t flying anymore,” Jim – feeling the support from his colleague – ran with Aradan towards the main exit. “He is down somewhere, wounded and unconscious.”

- - -

Kara Deyman had just changed a diaper and had put the baby in his crib when a loud cry had her looking towards the crib where Jenna Kerebuy was. She rushed towards the child that had begun to cry and took her out of the crib. “Shh sweetie, something scared you?” The nurse hugged the baby making gentle rocking movements.

Jenna continued to cry.

Kara reached out with her powers. “Your father, is something wrong with him?” She had to know and headed to the kitchen where Halla was preparing a fruit-mash.

“Something wrong with Jim?” Halla put down a fork, sensing immediately the distress coming from the baby.

“Or his family,” Kara headed outside sensing where Jim was headed. “I have to find out and will go to MDC.”

tbc

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, somebody curses in Huttese!

And now I also wonder about Jim and his family... [face_nail_biting]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Worrisome and finely written reactions

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More curses to follow?
    and those reactions will lead to...

more devious things in the second part

- - - - -

Carolin had activated her comlink and heard the crisp short reply.

“Volca”

”I need your help. Come to the medevac and help me to get that man you have shot secured in the medevac.” Another to seduce was a slight setback for Carolin but she had more syringes in her bag. First she had to prepare the scene for the new arrivals. And she had to instruct Peter. The man – under the influence of the darweed-drug – was just standing there next to the open door and waiting. She smiled when she saw bushes rustling and a woman shedding her camouflage-rags and showing her one-piece black suit and sturdy boots. She walked towards her.

Silent as a felin Volca approached, Blastech 300 at the ready. “What’s up Carolin?”

“Peter has given the transport to Jeb and Jono Bel Hana, Dunai men doing research on the moon for Rakata artifacts. Both are Noranan police officers. I will instruct Peter to contact Jono. If he is coming alone, it will be easy. If not, you have more work.”

“That one is down but not forever silent,” Volca observed.

“I will instruct Peter to sedate him after we have him secured in the medevac. Get him.”

Volca – with Carolin helping her – picked up the unconscious man, carried him towards the medevac and deposited him on a stretcher. “We don’t need him anymore after his friend shows up,” she nodded towards Peter.

“No but he has to help us to get rid of the medevac after we have Bel Hana under the influence of the drug,” Carolin saw Volca gazing in the distance towards the rugged terrain of the Ikraan gorge. Like her she had some ideas about disposing the medevac. The test-run would turn ugly. Now both men had to meet with an accident. Noranan rescue would sure be distracted. “Volca hide the ground-speeder and the decoy and give me my clothes.”

“Easy, I will guide it into that bush,” Volca walked away. She started the ground-speeder after dropping the decoy in the back-seat and guided it further up the path under the cover of some shrubs. Exiting it Volca snapped a branch and started to smudge the tracks.

Carolin gave a small nod when she saw Volca placing a bag next to the medevac and returning to her hiding and turned towards Peter. “Contact your friend.”

tbc

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Carolin gave a small nod when she saw Volca placing a bag next to the medevac and returning to her hiding and turned towards Peter. “Contact your friend.”

More trouble coming up, I fear. [face_nail_biting]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yikes, the trap is sprung for sure. [face_worried]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and set up again

first part of chapter 10

Chapter 10

Jim and Aradan cleared the opening doors of the main entrance and spurted across the field towards the place where the large hangar with medevacs for swift transport of patients and more specialized rescue-craft for emergencies at sea or in the wilderness were kept ready with teams present in the ready-room. It was also the place for the MDC (Medevac Dispatch Centre), run by trained operators.

Following them was Rihan Shellan. The Dunai elder man had sensed that something was very wrong with Jim’s sibling. And he knew that Jim’s wife Akina wouldn’t be that worried. She – being a police-officer at station 5 – had her shields up during her time of duty, keeping personal affairs out of the investigations. He had – with his twin brother Tarko helping him – taught Jim and Mick about advanced shielding in the Force. He would go to his brother in the ready-room in the hangar. He would offer his help.

- - -

Steve Magaron was excited. He had just finished reading the file about the new training and remembered his days as a CorSec agent training with his protégé Rostek Horn. That had been long ago but was still vivid in his mind. Corellia had with CorSec perhaps the best agency in the old republic. And CorSec was still there when Jono and Jeb left Corellia after being involved in a fight between Jedi and Sith over an ancient holocron. He waited for Jono – now visiting the fresher – to discuss it with him. Jono had given him enquiring looks when he uttered some hmms and whistles. Close quarters combat training was sure to his liking but he liked to go with Jono. And that was something they had to ask the inspector. And Bret would be delighted to send them to the training. He was about to put the file down when the comlink on Jono’s desk activated.

Dispatch for Bel Hana. A man is requesting contact with you lieutenant Bel Hana.”

Steve tossed the file on his desk where it slithered to the edge and over it to fall on the floor. He stood up and took the comlink wondering what that was all about. “Bel Hana is taking a leak but patch him through.”

Peter Sloan.”

Steve smiled. He had heard about the man’s generosity from Jono, had seen him coming to the station but had never met him personally. “Ah, you are the guy who gave your transport to the Bel Hana boys to pursue their Rakata oldies. I am Steve Magaron.”

Get me Bel Hana.”

“Hey, what’s the hurry,” Steve was a bit surprised by the dull voice.

Get him.”

“He is,” Steve heard footsteps and continued “was in the fresher. Peter Sloan wants you ASAP.” He activated a link. “I will put you on speaker so you can tell both of us what’s up.”

I am testing the new medevac with Mick. We have found something interesting near the darrin valley.”

“Tell me,” Jono shook his head and saw Steve with a look what’s-this-with-Peter and beginning to bow down to the floor where a file lay discarded.

Rakata remains I think. You should come immediately.”

“Remains don’t run away,” Jono sat down on his chair. ‘Peter sure is acting odd but that can be because he is in that dreadful valley.’ He stated “I am not convinced that there is some hurrying to do. We can go after our shift ends.”

Uh they are in a stream. Come immediately. Hurry.”

“They are that interesting?” Jono saw Steve righting himself and shrugging with his shoulders but that was to be expected from someone who didn’t like old things at all. He continued with mischief in his voice “trust Peter and Mick to find some old Rakata thingies with moving properties during their first test-flight.”

Come Jono. You should see this. Something is quite recent. It’s humanoid.”

“Something recent makes it a business for us,” Steve opened his drawer to reach for his blaster. “We can investigate and have your friend at ease. He seems quite jumpy.”

Come immediately Jono to 78.345 – 376.782.”

“Alright Peter, if you insist. We will come but if it is one of your pranks I will ask inspector Chedokin to put you in the brig immediately for a P-one-five interrogation after your return to Noranan. See you,” Jono Bel Hana put down his comlink with a mischievous smile. A P-one-five out-pranked even the most devious prank. He had been on the receiving end of that when he tried to pull a stunt on Chedokin. “We can go in one of the air-speeders and you can fly and try to break my speed-record,” he stood up and saw the slightly worried look on Steve’s face when he placed his blaster in the holster under his left arm-pit after getting it from his drawer. With a lopsided smile he continued walking to the door “Sloan pranks are famous. And I like to hear what they have done with Adin and Adameh yesterday.”

“I saw the draxinon-express and yes that will be interesting,” Steve had his blaster secured in the holster attached to his belt and right thigh and followed Jono giving a fleeting smile. ‘A P-one-five will be hilarious. Bret will ask Jono and me to help him.’ But the worry remained. Steve didn’t like old remains and his left hand went to the scar on his right shoulder. He had his encounters in the distant past with devious artifacts and had the scars to show. But breaking Jono’s speed record would be nice. He had enough of the banter each time he requested an air-speeder.

tbc

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Carolin was very satisfied. A police speeder was fast and would arrive within 30 minutes. A police officer could fly her and Volca to the airport without trouble. Now Peter could care for his friend and prepare him for his next trip. She led Peter outside and pointed him towards the discarded first-aid box. “Give Mick his meds. You have dropped them there. Mick is unconscious and you like to keep him that way to treat him. He has a serious shoulder-wound. You have to secure his airway.”

“Yes,” Peter headed to the discarded box and picked it up, together with the second box. Returning to the medevac he found Mick secured on the stretcher and the IV-bag hooked up on a ceiling fixture. Training and memory kicking in he found unerringly the right medicines and injected them in the tap before fitting his patient with a tube and securing his vitals. With that taken care of he began to bandage the shoulder after cutting away part of the uniform. He saw no signs of a concussion. The head-wound was minor. After taping the last bandage in place he saw the regular signals and voiced “OK, patient ready for transport. Have to send his vitals to MDC.”

“You have done that already.” “You just have to wait for the medics. You can stow away the boxes. A mobile trauma-team will come to take over after you have piloted the medevac to a nice place.” Carolin smiled. Peter would be seeing someone else first.

- - -

Jim and Aradan were entering the door leading to the MDC.

Jim had an even more worried look on his face. He had felt his brother weakly in the Force but unresponsive. He had thought about the development of the new medevac. It shouldn’t be any different from the ones used on Lingala where both patient and rescuer could be a Force sensitive. He had seen the ones used during the clone wars on New Holstice. They had Force suppressing shields for transporting the Jedi patients. The worry had him expressing his feelings. “Where is Mick? Something is masking his presence, environmental or maybe there is another cause. He is with Peter testing the new medevac for the Warovan Atzerode Aircraft Company. Medevacs don’t have Force-suppressing shields here on Moniron with all the Dunai and Dunai elder living here.

“We will find out,” Aradan steered resolutely towards the dispatch station and activated a toggle after the operator – sensing the urgency – hurriedly exited his chair. He donned a headset.

“You have to contact Rob Dalara,” Jim sagged down on a vacant chair. “He is leading the test and can be reached on 564 728 114.”

Aradan’s fingers flew over the keys. He began “Mirdees for Dalara. I have…”

“I am…”

“Just listen Rob,” Aradan interrupted. “I am here with Jim Kerebuy at MDC and Jim is extremely worried. He doesn’t feel his brother in the Force. I know you have developed a Moniron operable medevac.” He heard some sound of fingers tapping on keys.

WAT one respond. WAT one respond.”

Aradan knew that Rob was doing all he could and waited.

tbc

now at 12.589 words posted

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, the urgency has ramped up immensely! [face_worried] They need to figure out what's behind the sudden "silence".

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The more I read, the less I like Volca. You write excellent bad guys, worthwhile to hate properly.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    But will they before the evil ladies have their way?
    Volca is a psychopath based on a real life one who had a shoot out in a shopping centre

And now already chapter 11 because I will be moving very soon and be with my mother. And I hope the internet will be ready before the move.

Chapter 11
    W scrss ne ress A rrsss ne ond.”

“WAT one repeat again,” Rob heard the garbled reply but recognized Peter’s voice immediately.

A sccrss pea ssr in.”

“Peter, tell Mick that his brother is extremely worried,” Rob hoped that his reply would reach Peter and asked “is Mick alright?”

“Pesss ….Mirrss…. sssrr….rried…Mcc…crr ail ssstt.”

“Your com is failing,” Rob stated.

“Yossssrrr mm gg….”

“I will try again after checking the connection at my place,” Rob closed the link with the medevac and tapped the keys to get into contact with Aradan Mirdees at MDC. He had the flight-plan on his view-screen and became slightly worried when he saw the darrin valley quite near to it. That place was known for intense Force suppressing minerals in the rocks and vegetation.

Mirdees.

“Aradan, Peter responded but I think the com is failing and that’s odd,” Rob said, worry showing in his voice. “The com had been alright when I tested it.”

And what about disturbances?

“The flight-plan had the medevac coming close but not into the darrin-valley,” Rob knew what Aradan was suggesting. “They could have diverted to the valley responding to an emergency but should have contacted me immediately.”

Send me the flight-plan. I will take an airspeeder to follow it. If they are in the darrin-valley and responding to an emergency we will find them.”

“Will do and I will keep in contact and enquire further at Rondor dispatch if they have received a call,” Rob sighed. Something was definitely wrong. Was this why Muia was acting even weirder than normal? Was this related to the reporter going on the first test-flight? Rondor dispatch was the first on his to do list.

- - -

Carolin knew she had to hurry. She had manipulated the com, instructing Peter to repeat exactly what he was hearing. But with a malfunctioning com others could show up. She began to smile when she spotted the fast moving small speck that was growing bigger. The airspeeder of the Noranan police was making a beeline towards the valley.

- - -

Kara was about to enter the hangar when she saw Aradan and Jim hurrying out of the MDC and towards one of the air-speeders.

“What’s up Aradan.” That came from Tim Dereika busy checking his medevac. “You and Jim hurried past me and Rihan hurried to his brother in the ready-room.”

“Mick and Peter are on a test-flight with a new medevac and maybe missing,” Aradan replied. “Jim got worried and…”

“Jenna too,” Kara had reached the air-speeder.

Sensing the anguish from his daughter Jim halted immediately, turned towards Kara and took his crying baby in his arms. “I am here for you, I am alright,” he rocked gently and tried to be there for the baby only, trying to push the worry for his brother behind mental shields.

Jenna continued to cry.

“Jim, be there for your daughter,” Rihan came from the ready-room. “Concentrate on your shielding. Remember what your wife and Tarko and I taught you. Your family is your priority. We will care for your brother.”

Jim put all his efforts in his shielding soothing his child.

“Good Jim, do what Akina is doing always when she is on duty,” Rihan encouraged.

After a few more minutes Jenna stopped crying.

“I will go with Aradan and the A-team will follow,” Rihan ran with Aradan to the air-speeder and stopped briefly when he heard footsteps and turned. “Jim, you don’t have to go. We will find Peter and Mick.”

“Come with me,” Kara had followed and put a hand on Jim’s shoulder. She was guiding him to the ready-room when Tarko Shellan, Jesin Fialka and Jason Guyet – the three medics on first alert-duty – spurted to the medevac that was being powered up by Tim.

Jim gave a relieved sigh when he saw the air-speeder with Aradan and Rihan clearing the opening doors of the hangar. And he sat down on one of the comfortable chairs after giving a small nod to the team that was ready to take the second medevac.

“I will make something for Jenna,” Kara had a smile on her face when she saw Jim wiping the teary eyes of his daughter and getting a response of opening eyes, a soft burp and reaching hands.

- - -

Jeb Bel Hana was stretching his legs. He was awake and lying next to his wife who was now snoring softly. He stroked her softly on her belly. No moving bulges. The baby was now sleeping after a night of keeping his mother awake. He looked on his chrono. ‘We have to be at the hospital in one hour for check-up on the pregnancy.’ He sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. ‘I will make breakfast.’
    Padding to the fresher he picked up something coming from his father. ‘He is having fun with Steve.’ But those thoughts were now somehow diminishing and becoming muted. ‘Where are you going dad?’

tbc

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent action and sweet moments blended with anxious ones.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more action in the next chapter

Chapter 12

The worry was still there when Steve guided NP 56 – one of the police-air-speeders always available in the hangar of Noranan central – towards the darrin valley. In the distance – at the exact coordinates he had received – he spotted a man leaning against the left door of the medevac. And he felt his connection to the Force diminishing and saw why. “Darweed Jono! And Peter isn’t there near the water where the supposed Rakata remains are. I see him near the medevac and not trying to keep the remains from floating away. Where are those remains? And where are the recent things?”

“Yeah I see the evil darweed things with their seducing beautiful flowers. Peter must have returned to wait for us with his trap,” You can land near the medevac. And on a different subject,” Jono shrugged with his shoulders and slumped his head down “you have done it, breaking my speed-record.”

“I did and you have to improve it,” Steve had eyes only for Peter who was not looking up at all when he guided the air-speeder to a landing about 20 big steps away from the medevac. “And where’s Mick?”

“In the medevac I suppose,” Jono had a mischievous smile on his face and opened his door “Maybe it’s a prank after all with Mick scheming to spring the trap on us. With the darweed we cannot sense their thoughts very clearly. But no worry Steve, P-one-five will be their reward. The prank-busters are coming.”

“Caution Jono,” Steve saw that smile but reached for the blaster secured to his belt and thigh. Peter wasn’t looking their way or responding to Jono’s taunts and that was odd.

“Jono hurry!”

“What’s the hurry?” Jono – wondering why Peter remained with his eyes turned to what was in the medevac – was out and taking a few steps to the medevac. “I don’t see your supposed Rakata remains and the recent things and Mick. Is he waiting for us and partaking in one of your pranks? If so you two will meet Chedokin.”

“Mick is in the medevac getting a bag. I will see if he needs help.”

‘Good acting Peter,’ Jono thought when he saw Peter entering the medevac.

But now there was a nice looking woman – wearing a blouse, comfortable pants and shoes showing an expensive taste – stepping out of the medevac.

‘Is she part of the act? The revenge will be sweet too. The brig is big enough and with three in the interrogation mix, that will be fun.’ Going along with the prank Jono tried to be serious and asked “and you are?”

“Carolin Mokovic, Rondor news. I was invited by Muia Warovan and could go with the medevac on the first test. I helped him to select the pilots. And you are?”

‘She is the famous reporter. Peter sure has his connections to make things very interesting.’ That went to Jono’s mind when he saw the inviting hand and he hurried towards her.

“What’s she doing here on a test flight?” Steve started after Jono with a bit of unease because he couldn’t sense any thoughts and had a vague sense of this-is-not-a-prank-at-all-and-something-is-not-right. Mick had given no reaction at all and was nowhere to be seen. Peter was acting odd and a reporter on the first test-flight was definitely unusual.

“Jono Bel Hana,” Jono reached for the outstretched hand of the woman.

Steve’s danger sense kicked in when he saw the left hand – fingers closed – moving as well towards Jono’s side. In one fluent move he had his blaster in his hand and began to run shouting “Jono, she has oww.” A sharp pain coursed through his entire left calf. Training kicked in and fingers were secure around his blaster when he hit the dirt and he heard more slugs passing him.

“Steve,” Jono heard the blaster-discharges and cry and felt a sting in his right side just above his belt. He reached for his blaster under his left arm-pit and dove to the ground.

“I am a slug-magnet,” Steve tried to ignore the pain when he looked this and that way to determine where the sniper was. Another slug passing over his head towards the medevac had him hugging the ground. From the sound he could now determine where the blaster was being fired and he looked that way to see nothing but bushes with some odd branches and leafs that weren’t moving at all in the wind that was always present in the valley. “Get cover,” he began to inch back towards the air-speeder. “Someone doesn’t like us and that someone is in deep hiding dressed up like a piece of prickly weed. And Mokovic is in cahoots with her.”

“The reporter? Why should she be,” Jono started to crawl towards his friend with a bit of relief. His own injury must be very minor because he didn’t feel his side at all. And from the grumbling that Steve was doing, that injury didn’t sound too bad either.

“Jono wait.”

Jono turned his head. That was the reporter. She was still upright and had clearly no idea that something was wrong. “Get down Miss Mokovic.”

“Don’t worry Jono.”

Relieved Jono saw her getting down fast. He continued his crawl towards the air-speeder until he was next to Steve and heard the soft moan. “Steve, hang on!” He saw the blood coloring the black uniform-trousers. ‘The injury must be serious and Steve is acting big boy,’ were Jono’s thoughts when he turned towards the medevac “I will get a first aid box and help from the medevac.” He lifted his head and torso and shouted “Peter help us.” A whistling sound of another slug passing over his head had him diving in the dirt.

“Jono, all is wrong here,” Steve grumbled. “First, take Mokovic into custody before you do anything else and get help from central.”

“But Mokovic is down too and hiding from the sniper. She has no place to go. You are my first priority.” Jono lifted his head a bit and shouted “Mick, Peter, we have a medical emergency here! Steve is injured. Can you crawl to our place?” With no Peter or Mick coming out of the medevac Jono became worried but only a bit when more sounds of blaster fire all aimed at him had him staying low. And somehow he was feeling funny and giddy. “Alright, I will get the first aid box from NP 56.” He began crawling towards the airspeeder.

“Get that woman first,” Steve shouted, pain showing in his voice. “She was acting strange. I don’t like that at all.”

“Peter, continue your mission. Your final point is the Ikraan gorge run. You know where to land to meet the trauma-team for Mick. Jono can help Steve.”

“Peter come to us first. You are a surgeon and have an emergency here. Steve is injured.” Jono was getting up and reaching in the airspeeder for the first aid box. Now he knew that there was something wrong but what. That eluded him.

“Jono relax!”

“Book her Jono.”

“Why Steve?” Jono was holding the first aid box and started to wonder why he was doing that and why the woman was again up and walking towards him. Was something wrong with her?

“Yes Jono. You are safe with me. Toss that box to your partner. You don’t need it.”

“No Jono,” Steve was desperate even more when he heard the sounds of an activating engine. The medevac was using its repulsorlift and began to rise. “The medevac is leaving and going to the Ikraan gorge where it cannot land at all. All is wrong here. Get central on the com.” With pain filled eyes he saw Jono hurling the first aid box to him. The man had now a vacant look in his eyes. “Jono, she has done something to you.” Ignoring the pain from his leg he began to use his hands and good leg to push towards the air-speeder when another breath-taking and searing pain had him dropping his blaster and reaching with his right hand to his left shoulder. “Lieutenant arrest that woman,” he cried, breathing raggedly.

“You don’t need the medevac. See it’s leaving. Come with me to your transport.”

“Mokovic, you are under arrest,” Steve reached with his hand covered in blood to his blaster and picked it up. He had to follow procedures and shouted “drop down and get your arms and legs in the spread-eagle position. I will shoot you in the leg if you don’t comply. Do it now.”

Mokovic continued towards the airspeeder.

“Stop,” Steve was pointing it towards the woman’s right leg and squeezing the trigger when a searing pain of breaking bones coursed through his right wrist. The shot went astray, kicking up some dirt and pebbles. With pain filled, teary eyes he saw the responsible boot being lifted by a girl clad in camouflage-rags holding a Blastech 300 slug-rifle when he crumbled down in the dirt.

“Should I put him out of his misery?”

Steve saw the barrel of the rifle being aimed at his head.

“No Volca, he missed me. No one will come this way. He will perish and be in agony over what we are doing to his partner. Come with me and you too Jono. We are going for a ride.”

Gritting his teeth Steve saw Volca discarding her camouflage-rags, the three boarding the air-speeder and Jono guiding it up. And in the settling dust he saw something else and remembered something he had said very long ago to a trainee. ‘CorSec officers never quit. Yes that’s what I told Rostek Horn. But before I go that way the first priority are my injuries.’
    “Dratted darweed, robbing me of my powers,” he muttered, seeing the camouflage-rags now draped on one of the succulents. Awkward, using his left hand only he opened the first aid box and took out a tourniquet. He was glad that it was a one-hand only item and used it to stem the flow of blood from his left calf. Stuffing a gauze-pack between the fabrics of his shirt on his shoulder was more difficult, using his broken right arm with the hand at an awkward angle. “Ooow,” he uttered a cry when bones gritted against each other. “Now get moving.” Painfully slow he started to crawl to that what had caught his attention. ‘Volca must have moved a ground-speeder very recently. I will find it. I will use it. Sniper-girl made a mistake, covering the tracks.’

tbc[face_nail_biting][face_worried]
    1758 words in this chapter giving a total of 15.173

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting action =D= And the injuries [face_worried]