main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fool (Reposted!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zara_Rose, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I do not own Star Wars; I am merely playing in the universe. The song The Fool is performed by Lee Ann Womack, and the lyrics appear in [color=green[/color]. Jedi_Alman beta'd this piece for me.

THE FOOL

Jaina Solo had been sitting in the tapcaf since the conclusion of the debriefing after a recent battle. She was about to leave when a delicate-looking woman of average height approached her table.

"You don't know me, but I know who you are. Mind if I sit down?" the woman asked.

Jaina gestured to the vacant seat across from her. Oh goody, more goddess stuff, she thought sarcastically.

"Do I look familiar? If I don't, well I should. I'm sure you've seen me around. I work in Intelligence with Iella Antilles. I know you've probably heard my name, though we've not been introduced. I'm Meredith Fel," she said.

Jaina recognized the name, but she couldn't place from where.

"If you've got a minute, I'll buy you a drink. I've got something to say," Meredith said.

Jaina signaled the droid over, then placed her order. "You wanted to tell me something."

"It might sound crazy, but last night in his sleep, I heard him call out your name. This isn't the first time; he's done it before, and it's hard to face the truth. I'm the fool in love with the fool who's still in love with you," Meredith said quickly.

Startled, Jaina looked up. She had not been expecting that revelation. Suddenly, she knew where she'd heard Meredith's name before. Two years earlier, the base had been full of talk about Jagged Fel's upcoming wedding. Meredith was his wife. But she just said Jag's still in love with me! A small flicker of hope wormed its way through Jaina's heart before her mind could squelch it. It had been nearly six years since she'd left Jag standing at the altar.

"I know love is a fragile thing, and I'm trying hard to make it last. But it isn't easy holding onto my dream when he's holding onto the past. Just one more thing before I go: I'm not here to put you down. You don't love him, and that's a fact. Girl, I've seen you around," Meredith said.

"Wait just a minute - " Jaina began.

?But you hold his heart in the palm of your hand, and it's breaking mine in two," Meredith interrupted. "Jaina, you've made no secret of the fact that you pursue many different relationships. All I'm asking is that you try to keep them a little more private. I'm trying to build a family, but I can't. My husband is too caught up in his past to even notice his future!"

"Is that all?" Jaina asked, surprising even herself with the sarcasm in her voice. She was satisfied by the uncertain look on the other woman's face.

"Yes, that's all. Thank you for your time," Meredith answered dully. She left quickly, feeling more disheartened than when she'd first approached Jaina.

Only after Meredith left the tapcaf did Jaina allow herself to ponder Meredith's words. Perhaps I have been too obvious in my dating habits. Meredith is right; it's not fair to Jag if I keep flaunting it in his face that I'm over him. Am I over him? I've been over him for six years. It's time for me to move on. Upon reaching that conclusion, Jaina gathered her belongings, paid her tab, and left the tapcaf.

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I love that song! [face_love]

Great job of incorporating the lyrics right into the viggie! Wow. That was great. :D

So what was her decision? Leaving us hanging to make out own conclusions... :p

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great job on that! Poor Jag...Poor Jaina...Poor Merideth...Anyways good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.