main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fool & the Useful Idiot (Dark Nest era) Updated 12/19/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Great post, Trep!
    Love the Shawnkyr/Soontir banter.
    And Jag's fittness for command!
    Keep it coming!!!!

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
  3. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah, up!

4. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Trep,

Awesome action scenes! Loved Shawnkyr trying to dress down the General Baron! And Jag's concern for his father in the mist of a battle of such scope and consequence is endearing. He may be Supreme Commander, but he is still Jagged Fel; son. And the Fels stick together even when their adoptive "nation" attempts to kill them and then ends up promoting them. Again, love the Han_Jag bonding!!

And I like how Kyp has gone from keeping Jacen's identity a secret to using it as a motivational tool. "Yah that is Jacen Solo over there, you can take a pot-shot at him after we save your arses. But he is not such a pacifist anymore, so ah... good luck."

Go Rogues!

The pass-thru attack is so cool too... I can't wait for more.

'night
    JaY

5. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Favourite line of the post: ?My apologies.? Then shrugged. ?I have grown attached to my posterior, and take precautions to assure that it remains with me.?
    And to think Kyp's being the more diplomatic one...

6. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    CCP: Excellent post.
    I like the way Shawknr was trying to dress down Soontir.
    Great stuff.

Soontir is such a pain in the butt...somehow, he still rattled her a bit...Glad you liked that part...it was an afterthought...Thanks for reading and commenting

Inara: Gift giving time. A heart for every Chiss and adoptive Chiss.

---> Soontir

---> Dranu

---> Shawnkyr

---> Cem (He gets a little extra for sheer hotness)

---> Syal

---> Wyn

---> Ispron

---> Pellaeon

Will return with a review later, after I've recovered.

Hands over another Ahhhhnold T-shirt to Inara...."I'll be back"....[face_laugh] I have to remember to order more... (just kidding) Thanks for reading...

Jedi Master Gimpy: The semester keeps getting busier and busier! I'm afraid my replies have been suffering a bit and coming few and farther between...

No worries...and my apologies for taking longer than usual to get the next post up...Another is going up in a few minutes after formatting.

So starting with the post on the fourth:

I have to admit that I was really lost when I first started reading it, because I kept expecting it to shift into first Soontir and then Jag's POV, present time. About halfway through I realized it was an out-of-time flashback/description used to step back and analyze the battle a bit. So when I read the line "A quick confirmation of the present holoscan of the Csilla planetary system confirmed that the Dark Jedi did not have Soontir Fel around to require that they sleep in a closet." I promptly started bursting out laughing. Terrific line there, Trep!

I guess I'm sneaky that way...The clarification gets flushed out eventually...And the next thing you know...what you read previously might even make some sense....Glad you liked Soontir's little exercise with the closet...I understand Joan Crawford used the same technique...but for different reasons.

?Old age thing then.? Mara grinned through her half helmet. ?First the memory, and the next thing you know you?ll start fixing a nice soft lunch around mid-morning teeming with fibre.? Youch! Hehe, gotta love Mara! Sounds rather like me teasing my Dad!

Mine too...[face_laugh] I would have added, buying lottery tickets..but I don't know whether that's a Star Wars thing.

?Hello, what have we here?? I'm not familiar enough with Kyle Katarn to 'hear' him say this, if you know what I mean?...so what immediately passed through my head upon reading that line was Lando's voice saying that upon meeting Leia. It was rather amusing, really. I pretty much loved that whole section and the following jesting between Jaina, Mara, and Katarn. Well written humor, once again keeping the battle personal instead of just moving fighters in space. Wonderful words from Jag and an analysis of his character by Jaina.

You know, now that you brought that scene to light, I can still hear Lando's voice saying that, and I haven't watched that Episode in ages. I'll admit, I'm not as up to speed on Kyle Katarn as I would like to be...but I always thought of him as being a bit indifferent...cocky...and one of the few that can hand it back to Mara without blinking an eye. And since those two had a rather close relationship at one time, it made sense that they would enjoy antagonizing each other.

And on to today's....

Loved the Baron's pride in Jag.

Me too...This is the showcase of all of Soontir's teachings. Technically, Soontir could have chosen to place himself in the role of Supreme Commander...but thought Jag was ready...and you could look even deeper and consider that Soontir knows that Jag feels responsible for the straights his family was put in...and this is a chance for his son to aquire vindication...

Perhaps Jedi Jaina Solo was not the one I should have been warning Jagged abo

7. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    (On board the Chiss Command vessel, Drit?mis?va concealed in the aft Hanger Bay of the Killik Nest Ship, Forn'ma)

?Commander??

She didn?t turn from the forward viewer while framing her chin with two fingers. Her brow rose as a renegade thought arrived unsolicited. Her mouth remained even and undisturbed, but there was no denying the slight upturn in the corners of her eyes. It was personal amusement, structured betrayal, and borderline insanity wrapped into one, depending on the personal perspective, and angle.

Jagged will never let me live this down. Still, it was not a negative self-reflection. In truth, Shawnkyr secretly enjoyed the ribbing, especially when it put her on the same plain as her mentors.

?Commander?? The repeated inquiry was a bit louder as Captain Bur?dran?uruodo took a step away from the weapons station to break her out of the contemplative haze. ?The forward heavy cannons have recharged sufficiently. We are ready to continue.?

?Yes?of course.? Shawnkyr responded absently while continuing to study the view through the portside hanger exit of the giant Killik vessel as the broadside hull of another largeNest ship lumbered parallel to the one in which they sat. ?Captain?? She turned to Dranu. ??we are going to remain in position just a bit longer.?

Dranu frowned while glancing to his executive officer quickly and back. ?Commander??

Shawnkyr nodded in confirmation while moving to the weapons array boards of the Carrack-class cruiser.

?When I was in the Known Regions, there was a Galactic Alliance General by the name of Antilles.?

She reached forward and pointed to the torpedo array targeter and then to the locking mechanism to the rejuvenated forward heavy laser cannons. With a sweep of the same hand, she touched the aft laser cannon control board.

?General Antilles, I found, was a military leader that relied heavily on deception and subterfuge.? The Commander nodded again. ?I found myself paying attention purely out of mere curiosity. However, there was quantified merit in some of his actions that will help us here and now.?

Dranu moved closer and leaned forward to follow Shawnkyr?s focus. The closer proximity did nothing to quell the lingering questions associated with the, seemingly, distant behavior of the woman before him.

?I am not following, Commander.?

?That is a favorable reflection of your fine training, Captain.? She turned with the words managing a tight grin. ?As I was saying, General Antilles used unorthodox tactics to overcome insurmountable disadvantages. One such ploy was to fire on Yuuzhan Vong ground troops from above atmospheric by means of a rather imposing Super Star Destroyer called the Lusankya.?

Dranu snorted in response but straightened as he considered that this was not just a random thought coming from his superior officer.

?Currently, we find ourselves adequately concealed in the hull of an enemy vessel while offered a clear field of fire to enemy vessels to our forward and aft.? Shawnkyr?s voice gained conviction as she spoke in effort to convince herself of the unfamiliar departure from fundamental Command tactics. ?Any effort to fire on our present position would do more damage to this Killik frigate that conceals us.? She nodded. ?Captain, we will stay for the time being in the hanger of this Flosser-D frigate. The Vorn?ma will serve as cover to the Drit?mis?va. You are free to open up all forward and aft weapons arrays at will.?

?Yes, Commander.? Dranu responded resolutely while nodding to the weapon?s officers waiting patiently for direction. Dranu paused and turned to Shawnkyr with a slight grin. ?This General?Antilles, did he win the battle you referenced??

?He has won many battles, Captain. That is another reason I took an interest.? She responded. ?It was my opinion at the time that there was a certain amount of good fortune attached to his continued successes. Ye

8. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_chicken]

Squeefro posted first.

9. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll admit, I'm not as up to speed on Kyle Katarn as I would like to be...but I always thought of him as being a bit indifferent...cocky...and one of the few that can hand it back to Mara without blinking an eye. And since those two had a rather close relationship at one time, it made sense that they would enjoy antagonizing each other.
    From what I have picked up about Katarn, that definitely seems to be a fair deduction about his interactions with Mara. They have a lot of the same attitude and sense of humor with their shared experiences.

Still a couple Fel's missing from the battle...(three to be exact)
    Hmm, that's right! I'd forgotten about Syal and Wyn. From 'three', I take that to mean we can expect Cem to get back in time for some of the battle as well!

You end up using words like slim/slight/ tight/discrete as adjectives on every displayed emotion...
    [face_laugh] Exercising that Thesaurus, eh? ;) The humor expressed certainly fit with the Chiss demeanor.

?Here?s all you have to know.? Kyp craned his neck to get a better view. ?They have more than us.?
    Amusing transition of the counting topic, from Pellaeon to Kyp and Jacen. Kyp seems to have failed the test as well... ;) Once again, the Kyp-Jacen interaction was absolutely hilarious. Several favorite lines in that segment, to add to the gazillions (sp?) I already have. ?I prefer?corridor?Kyp Durron Corridor?more dignified.? [face_laugh]

I loved Shawnkyr's little deviation there. She's going to get a lot of that ribbing from Jag and the Baron, I'm sure. Pellaeon has a few surprises left as well, too. Bug Stomp was great. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the Fels enter the battle!

11. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Yeah new post!

Pells' surprise was equal in turn. The Solo & Durron Comedy Hour was fabulous again. And poor Shawnkyr; she still thinks she needs to fight her Inner-Rebel, hah?

?That is a favorable reflection of your fine training, Captain.?
    Refined vs Rough, that is one of the GFFA's great struggles.

?I believe that I should be insulted.? Pellaeon chuckled. ?Are we ready??
    Underestimation has won many a battle...

?Surprise me, Grand Admiral Pellaeon.? Jag chuckled. ?I believe it is your turn.?
    How long has he been waiting to say that??

?That?s what you were doing??
    Seriously, why count, dude? You are half Corellian; you are not supposed to care! I think Han may have rubbed off on Kyp even more than Jacen. Trep, I could quote every line in this section - it was priceless! Please, please keep it up!! LOVED when Kyp said he didn't like Jacen, and Jacen's reaction was perfect!!!!!!

It was perfect.
    Yep.

?She will, no doubt, blame me.?
    Yep again. You were corrupted and passed it on...

?Commence Operation?Bug Stomp.?
    Click-click!

'night
    JaY

12. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Okay, I'm going to have to skip the line by line, but I have a lot of gushing to do. So, without further ado...

HOW AWESOME WAS THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the blue people, Pellaeon, Jaggy, and even snarky Kyp and Han.

Who knew that killing bugs could be so much fun??

As usual, you painted an excellent visual picture for me. It's great that I can actually see what's happening.

Shawnkyr and Dranu:

[face_love] [:D]

I loved seeing a Chiss explain to another Chiss on a Rebel. And her justification of her admiration was hilarious. But I guess it helps her sleep at night :)

Shawnkyr's been developing well. As a minor character, you've shown a nice progression here, from when she first decided to cast her lot with the Fels on Csilla to now, when she decided to improvise and play "Hit the Bug Ship with the Laser Cannons" from inside a Killik ship.

Dranu too is very awesome, and I love seeing him so responsive to Shawnkyr's quirks - and yet he is still fundamentally Chiss. After all, the Chiss wouldn't be so cool if they were all renegade and free thinking.

Bugs Bunny has given me a particularly interesting plot bunny from this section of yours...how interesting would that be, a Kyrn and Wedge Viggie?

Supreme Commander Jag with Pelly (also a pizza topping in some places)

Watching him watch the Killik ships disappear without an explanation was [face_laugh] I loved
    watching him interact with Pellaeon - kind of like kindred spirits in a way, except for the seventy year age gap.

And Pellaeon doesn't go cheap on his surprises...On a sidenote, I bet he always gave the best presents. I'm sure Han and Leia can back me up here.

BEST LINE EVER:

"Next thing you know, she will be twirling her charric around her finger and practicing quick draws in the mirror.?

I dare you, Trep, to write that into your fic and make it believable. I'm sure you could.

Jacen and Kyp:

I like the fact that though Jacen is an arrogant snot (but still Dark!Horny!) in SsW, at least here, he still has a lot to learn, even from Kyp.

And of course their banter was great.

Was looking out for Ispron.

13. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Great post!
    I was literally laughing out loud, sitting on the edge of my seat while reading the Shawnkyr piece.
    And, oh my, did Pellaeon have a surprise up his sleeve or what!
    Great writing!
    If only the canon authors would read the fanfics on this board, maybe they'd be inspired to write something worth reading!
    Keep writing, I'll keep reading!

14. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    For some reason I found the image of Leia having to fly the Falcon while Jag and Han watch the battle as quite amusing. It reminded me of the men watching sports. 8-}

And getting a ship inside another one is pretty impressive if they're both as big as I'm imagining.

Looking forward to what surprise Pellaeon has up his sleeve.

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *looks for the update*

*doesn't find it*

*makes pouty face*

16. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Inara: Squeefro posted first.[face_chicken]

[image=http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/02/kfc.jpg]:eek:

CCP: Great update.

Jedi Master Gimpy:
    Still a couple Fel's missing from the battle...(three to be exact)
    Hmm, that's right! I'd forgotten about Syal and Wyn. From 'three', I take that to mean we can expect Cem to get back in time for some of the battle as well!

We will have all the Fel's in the mix before the day is done...especially Cem.

You end up using words like slim/slight/ tight/discrete as adjectives on every displayed emotion...
    Exercising that Thesaurus, eh? The humor expressed certainly fit with the Chiss demeanor.

We need a few more words that mean the same thing as slight...Even Roget's is slacking in that regard...minute, miniscule, tiny...they just don't cut it...

?Here?s all you have to know.? Kyp craned his neck to get a better view. ?They have more than us.?
    Amusing transition of the counting topic, from Pellaeon to Kyp and Jacen. Kyp seems to have failed the test as well... Once again, the Kyp-Jacen interaction was absolutely hilarious. Several favorite lines in that segment, to add to the gazillions (sp?) I already have. ?I prefer?corridor?Kyp Durron Corridor?more dignified.?

I'm loving that pairing as well...more coming up in the next post..(well, Kyp anyway)...Jacen takes a back seat for the moment...The Master Jedi, however, has an amusing time with the Joiners...not what he expected.

I loved Shawnkyr's little deviation there. She's going to get a lot of that ribbing from Jag and the Baron, I'm sure. Pellaeon has a few surprises left as well, too. Bug Stomp was great. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the Fels enter the battle!

Shawnkyr is going to take a lot of ribbing...but not for what you might expect...Hints of that in the next post [face_whistling] Pellaeon is great...his nonchalant approach to Command always tickled me...and it is highlighted in the next post as well...Thanks for reading and the comments...

jaynasolofel: Yeah new post!

and another coming right up after formatting.

Pells' surprise was equal in turn. The Solo & Durron Comedy Hour was fabulous again. And poor Shawnkyr; she still thinks she needs to fight her Inner-Rebel, hah?

Pelly is on a roll...and gives his opinion on Nek Bwua'nu in the next post which I found amusing...The Solo/Durron escapades may become a road show...I'm still amazed how well Jacen's new personality seems to interact with Durrons old standbye one...And, yeah, Shawnkyr has been corrupted...but more interesting things seem to be looming with her...[face_thinking]

?That is a favorable reflection of your fine training, Captain.?
    Refined vs Rough, that is one of the GFFA's great struggles.

True...too true.

?I believe that I should be insulted.? Pellaeon chuckled. ?Are we ready??
    Underestimation has won many a battle...

Also, true...and Pellaeon on top of that is a crisis waiting to happen. His plan becomes a bit more clear in the next post.

?Surprise me, Grand Admiral Pellaeon.? Jag chuckled. ?I believe it is your turn.?
    How long has he been waiting to say that??

Nearly eight years if my math is correct...It was a momentus day if recall...Jag said a certain little something to Jaina that same day that had been on his mind for a while as well...That particular day was filled with surprises.

?That?s what you were doing??
    Seriously, why count, dude? You are half Corellian; you are not supposed to care! I think Han may have rubbed off on Kyp even more than Jacen. Trep, I could quote every line in this section - it was priceless! Pleas

17. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    (On board the Drit'mis'va; Chiss Command vessel of Shawnkyr; Csilla Planetary system)

Carrack-class light cruisers, in comparison to the larger capital ships, are more maneuverable. But, at 350 meters long, it was a far cry from holding the same dexterity that one could find in a Clawcraft. And, unfortunately, that was Shawnkyr?s truest frame of reference.

Secured by the shoulder straps of the Command chair, she didn?t even bother to temper the reactionary reflexes that had been formed in her two decades behind the stick of a starfighter. Dranu did his best to ignore his Commander?s flinches and involuntary shifting of posture while leaning back in his own secured seat with a constant eye on the helm control.

The Drit?mis?va shot out of the Killik Nest ship, Vorn?ma with all available speed while moving into an immediate dive to avoid any port side heavy laser cannons and employing the minimal gravitational pull of Csilla to gain more velocity. A solid wall of proton torpedoes shot out aft of the Chiss cruiser in a proper goodbye without any consideration for the resulting damage as the primary focus of all on the bridge was before them. What remained in their wake was no longer relevant and the Vorn?ma?s engines had, already, seen better days.

A parallel Nest ship moving into the viewer of the Chiss Command ship opened up their heavy cannons in the immediacy of the reappearance of the Drit?mis?va.

?There is a promotion at the end of this run, Captain Bur?dran?uruodo, provided you are there to collect it.?

Dranu managed a grin between shouted direction to the helm control. ?Burgundy or pure black.? His voice was strained as he leaned forward to match up the Killik vessels to their forward with the system scan embedded in the arm of his seat.

Shawnkyr paused before answering. The inquiry was clear. Dranu?s allegiance to the Chiss military competed with his allegiance to the assigned Commander. He was taking an indirect route to determine whether his service would be welcome in the rumored Black Sentinel Phalanx. She was caught off guard not having considered what would occur after this battle had ended. Even more unexpected was the veiled evidence that he found such merit under her Command and confidence in her abilities.

?An officer of your caliber would be an asset no matter the color of your sleeves.?

The comment solicited a glance from the light cruiser captain as the Drit?mis?va took a gut wrenching change of trajectory back to starboard and shot nearly vertical in the process. The strain on the vessel, nearly, overwhelmed the inertial compensators as all on board fought for balance. Both Captain and Commander were thrown hard against their harnesses before the cylindrical hull straightened out and five streams of heavy laser fire reached frontward beyond the forward viewer in a straight aim on the returning batteries of the next Killik vessel.

?I have always been partial to black.? Dranu labored against the pressure on his chest without looking up from the system scan. ?It shows the dirt, but?? He slapped the scan and tightened the magnification. ??you are dressed in advance for your funeral.? He took a quick look to Shawnkyr with a tight grin. ?Efficiency has always been important to me.?

She would have returned the expression had the light cruiser not taken a solid salvo hit off the lower hull causing the bridge illumination to blink in tandem to a rocking tilt of massive impact. A decompression alarms sounded out with earsplitting contrast while a new layer of blue looming smoke seeped up to burrow along the bulkheads. The fresh invasive ship generated warning did nothing to gather Dranu?s attention away from the system scan.

?There are safeguards on this vessel, Commander.? He said through gritted teeth while continuing to ogle the scan to plot out a path and recognizing her concerns by peripheral view. ?The hull is combed into compartments. W

18. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_love][face_love]

I think there was a hint of lurv in this chapter. [face_batting] Trep, you're such a Rho'mance King.

I'll have to finish reading the rest after I'm done with my report, but...

Dranu:*

19. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Great update.
    I've often wondered why they put so much stock in beating a simulation. It's not the real thing.

20. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    I was a little distracted while reading this, so I think I missed why the Chiss joiners weren't paying attention to Kyp at first. But I found his antics quite amusing. Some of the mental images I get with this fic is just beyond words. I could definitely see Kyp doing all that.

And the last line of this post... not only a great line, but a great place to end it.

21. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    FYI- now my excuse for not reviewing is that I'm trying to make our store look like the Easter Bunny threw up all over it. It's working, too. :) We at Hallmark do enjoy rushing the seasons in...
    I'm still tired and lazy from putting out a couple dozen fluffy bunnies and a lot of fake tulips and other springy flowers, but I thought htat I would take a minute to tell you that, as always, I am reading it and loving every second of it even if it's not strictly J/J mushiness. (I just reread "Felish" for that, which I still absolutely love and read when in need of mushiness. :) ).

Anyway- on with this one. Shawnkyr is just too awesome. I love her, as you write her, at least.
    I also like Dranu.
    And I loooooovvvvvve Kyp. :D[face_love]

One of the reasons I like your fics so much are your space battles. Even though I have a hard time figuring them out and following them, you always make them so darned entertaining, regardless of whether or not I completely get what's going on. (Even more helpful when the brain is a pile of rotting mush.)

The banter, the way characters read one another, it just makes for really great reading.

The way you write characters is really awesome too, if I haven't mentioned that lately. I'm not sure whose characterization I like best, it's all so great.

I'm sincerely hoping you'll be writing a lot when Legacy starts coming out 'cuz I'm not sure if I'm going to be reading it or not. I enjoyed reading your stuff a lot more than DN, so if the trend continues.... :)

I haven't been in a good reviewer mode for awhile, but I wanted to assure you that it's only 'cuz I'm lazy and not because of your stories- you rock, your ficss rock, and the only thing that could make me happier is if you posted updates more often. *cough*please*cough*

Great job,
    Zetta

22. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Oh my! The fun in reading Shawnkyr!
    And poor old Kyp; can't get even mindless Joiners to attack him!
    Then there is Pellaeon... Masterful!
    This is one of the most fun to read fanfics I have ever read!

23. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    AUTHOR'S NOTE: :eek:

Just a quick housecleaning note:

I've noticed that the Forum has taken on more of a chat style format as of late. There are a handful of posters who "bump" up their favorite threads without providing any real comment or review of the fic...but are more interested in having unrelated conversations with the other readers on the thread. Just yesterday, one such poster had a whopping 19 such posts on page one of the forum while knocking recently updated fics back into the recesses of the shadows.

Until this is a addressed internally, I'm offering the opportunity to receive PM's each time I update this fic. Don't feel obligated. As you all know, I update more than once a week, and chances are there is always something new here to read. But, for the present, the option exists...Just leave a quick little note with your next comment and I'll start sending out PM's. To this point, it is not something I was inclined to do...But, hey...roll with the times.

Thanks
    Trep

24. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Shawnkyr continues to show herself as a snubfighter pilot despite her grasp of command and strategy. I enjoyed her continued twitching in the command chair and the layered discussion of colored promotions. Shawnkyr is going to take a lot of ribbing...but not for what you might expect...Hints of that in the next post. I would take a gander that some of that further ribbing would be due to the fact that she cut time a little short and is in danger of getting a real pounding while catching up with the rest of the Chiss fleet...?

Kyp's attempts to get the Joiner's attention were absolutely hilarious! I could easily picture his exaggerated arm waves and frustrated shouts. ?Kill the Killik, burn the nest...uh...? He shrugged. ?...only good bug is a dead bug...any of you guys see a pattern here?? LOL! Completely Kyp in comments and actions.

I had a feeling as soon as the Fourth Fleet was going up to attack speed that they were planning on blowing through the immediate Killik group to the main body, leaving the Third Fleet to cover them. Looks like Pellaeon will manage his surprise gift to the Supreme Commander after all!

No PM Notificatons necessary for me, but thanks.

25. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Just to warn you, there is excessive smiley usage in this review. [face_batting][face_peace]

This is fast becoming my favorite setting in the story. It has Kyrn and Dranu[face_batting]

It's telling that Kyrn doesn't even try to stop moving around with the cruiser. It's a reflex that won't go away after only a day, and she has other things to deal with. Like a battle. And of course, sneaky [face_love]. Poor Kyrn. That's how I feel when I have to drive a pickup or an SUV - I love my small cars.

Even in the middle of a battle, he has his wits about him and knows to ask this question. It's an indication that he's isn't mindlessly loyal and is more open-minded in his views.

The Chiss are indirect people, unless it comes to dispensing death. [:D] He's asking in such a way that no matter how Kyrn answers him, he won't come out, you know, as a loser. [face_mischief]

But Dranu isn't a loser, so he doesn't need to worry. And of course he'd find merit under Kyrn's command. She's just that :cool:

Yeah, he's definitely not your run of the mill Chiss guy. I love his sense of humor that he's busting out in the middle of a battle. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh]What a reassuring thing to say. It reminds me of the time that I told my cousin not to worry about crashing landing on a desert island and being stuck there because people generally don't survive plane crashes. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh]He must love being in an X-wing again. Once a fighter pilot, always a fighter pilot.

[face_love]Aww, Dranu. What are you going to do when the Fels invite you to dinner?

I like that he doesn't know about Rogue Squadron or about Wedge. I know they are heros and everything, but still, word of their particular exploits wouldn't really reach the isolationist Ascendancy, and even more importantly, the Chiss wouldn't care. So thanks for keeping it real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.