main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fool & the Useful Idiot (Dark Nest era) Updated 12/19/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *steals 600*

I'll be back with comments later.

CEMMIE in action:*

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    Liked Jaina and Cem's talk.

3. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    ?Are you a complete idiot, Goddess?? Kyp questioned lightheartedly.
    "No, Kyp. I'm a useful idiot. Didn't you read the title?"
    ;)

??something is different. I don?t feel the need to pull away anymore. If I did, I sure wouldn?t be sitting in this Chiss starfighter or spending my time standing by Durron?s arrogant side. You have to feel it too, Jaina. Search deep in yourself and tell me what you sense.?

?Arrogant??

?Shut up, Kyp.? Jacen snapped in, finally feeling that he was on the right track to gain Jaina?s attention. ?Search yourself, Jaina. Tell me if you feel the same?uh, reluctance to?? Jacen exhaled, not sure how to explain the feeling. ??accept companionship.?

Kyp's interruption timing is classic. It's a nice lighthearted break in Jacen's serious words.

The imposing shell of the Gorog appeared to relaxing since Jacen had, jokingly crossed all six of its shiny tarsus legs and tilted the bulbous head to look casual before exiting to his Clawcraft.
    Ha! Jacen always liked playing with his animals.... or bugs, rather.

?Kyp, you seem to work well with Jacen. Why don?t we see how long that lasts.?
    :D I think our author just spoke out loud here.

?It is my opinion that the best of a person is not fully recognized until there is something palpable in which to overcome in order to display such attributes.?
    I approve of Cem. :)

?You hold many of the same qualities that our sister possessed.?
    I did not see that one coming. But this is a very interesting twist/idea indeed.

This was really great, Trep.

4. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Essshh! DRL sucks my time away and I miss three huge posts! Ugg.

Trep,
    This story continues to carry me along on a wonderful ride.

KYP & JACEN -- Ok, these two are so :cool: together; the only-slightly-hidden animosity & competitiveness, Jacen?s mind invasion as a method of communication, Kyp taking his only chance to cut Mara down to size, ?tag teaming? the Goddess to find & face herself.

JAG, SHAWNKYR & DRANU ? The Plan!! Pull them down and swat ?em, how fitting. Jag?s command skills are impressive. And the Chiss form of ?playful banter? continues to amuse.

?Do no assume, Commander, that the Drit?mis?va will do so either.?
    Since ?Kyr is practically a Fel? and will likely leave too, Dranu knows where he wants to be!

WYN, SYAL & PAPA FEL ? SOH-CAH-TOA! I love that you made Wyn the 'Smart Fel'. And ?ye of little faith? people. Wyn was great in all these scenes with her quick wit and faster math skills. And she wants to be a pilot, too. It is great to see the ?other? Fel siblings come into their own here.

?I am not in your military, Jagged.?
    Umm, yah you are!

?Cem impounded one.? Wynnsa responded quickly.
    There is that.

JAINA ? ?They? are really coming around? Thankfully she has Jacen and Kyp to talk some sense into her. And she had better approach Jag with an apology after this? for her recent and not so recent actions.

COUPLES- I liked the Jedi match ups and Han interjecting himself, he is not a Jedi, but he comes in handy.

CEM ? He is just :cool: !

Awesome updates, I can?t wait to see how this plays out.

?night
    JaY

5. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Sorry guys...I don't have time to respond to comments due to some time restraints...but, here's the next installment just the same....

THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Trep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(On board the Return to Sender; Aft lines of the Main Chiss Battle Group)

Just before the Return to Sender jumped out of the Csilla Planetary system in preparation of a return jump back into the Killik lines, Cem Fel made the face. Had his mother been on the bridge of the Return to Sender at the time, she would have dropped everything and moved to his side more out of curiosity than concern. He wasn't prone to reactionary expressions unless they were orchestrated. This one was not.

Turning in a whirl he eye-balled the somber Major that he had tasked with operation of the old Imperial Picket ship. He paused a moment before nodding in confirmation of his coming order while working through the on-the-fly logic.

"Cridra, get a single Crawcraft on board, and send a navigator with a support crew to the aft hold."

Major Frac'ridra'nuruodo didn't hesitate. Instead he extended a hand to the worn down communications banks and nodded for the comm officer to solicit the order. Simultaneously, a delay advisory was issued to the six Jedi pilots hovering around the aft of the vessel, waiting on the Return to Sender to commence the jump so they could follow.

Within minutes a single starfighter glided through the energy curtain and set down smoothly in the large hold. The assigned navigator and six maintenance hands, nearly, pushed the confused Chiss pilot out of the way as he descended to the deck, and started to dismantle the snub under the navigator's direction. When they had what they needed, the contingency constructed an ad hoc litter out of discarded sheath slabs left by the previous Gorog owners and moved at a trot towards the bridge. The shell-shocked Chiss pilot was left to mourn what remained of his vessel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Install it." Cem called solidly while moving to the navigation station and eyeing the package as the group shuffled the heavy pieces onto the bridge. "You have five standard minutes." Cem nodded to Crida. "Make the hyperspace jump and hold at the rendezvous."

The Return to Sender stretched out in time without warning, and snapped out of sight followed by the alerted Jedi fighters, before reverting back to real time in a pre-established ten-count just outside the system. Cem didn't move from his position behind a furious flurry of tools and charge reader units, as eight hands worked in perfect cohesion towards the common goal. A slight upturned quirk of a smile played through as the final reading suggested a successful installation. He smiled fully when all hands seemed to glance in unison to their wrist chronometers as the lead mechanic announced the completion. It was one of the idiosycratic traits of the Chiss that should be exported to the Known Regions in his opinion; pride in one's work above all else.

"Well done." The words were few, simple, and all that it took to raise shoulders in pride as the maintenance hands moved away from their task and exited the bridge. Cem looked to the navigator, who had been surveying the work. "Will it work?"

"I do not see why not, sir."

"Excellent." He moved towards the hatch with the remark. "Major Frac'ridra'nuruodo, you hold the bridge. I will be joining our assault team from the Millennium Falcon." He pointed to the newly installed apparatus. "That is the hyperspace beacon system from a Nssis-class starfighter. It should allow you to navigate in our jump back to the Csilla System while in hyperspace and provide you a more accurate destination point. Put us as close to the Killik armada as you dare. If we are too far out, the ruse will be up in short order, and it will be a tragically short operation."

Crida nodded and arched a brow. He had been trying to decipher the fuss as well as t

6. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Oh, Trep!
    Jag, Shawnkyr and Master Horn all in one post!
    Surely you spoil your many readers!
    And, I, for one, appreciate it greatly!
    So much fun to read!
    Can't wait for more.....

7. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I've missed wayyyy too much to do a line by line. Sorry I'm so late with reviews, love, but I've been very busy at work, and then I was in Boston visiting, you know, the school.

There is a Starbucks near my future dorm....[face_mischief]

Anyway...

Oh Trep, you do so like to spoil a girl, don't you?

I really like how the plan is coming together, and I can see the end in sight (end of the battle, I mean - I hope you have more Fool after the battle too!!!). I like this battle plan a lot - what's disturbing is that it could actually be SW strategy...maybe you should start consulting for LFL because some of their battle scenes = not so hot and definitely not so cool.

One of the best things about this story is watching everyone interact together. You've built separate relationships for each of them, and I like that. One of the things I didn't like about DN is the fact that character interactions were limited, i.e. Leia with Han, Luke with Mara, Jaina with Zekk and the Killiks by extension. Not too much development with anyone else. Of course, I understand why that is - I just don't like it.

Like the Kyle banter, the jokes between Jacen and Kyp, the entire Fel family, Mara and Jaina, and so forth - all this adds so much texture to this entire story.

Okay, what I liked best - Cem "I'm so hot I sizzle" Fel. His convo with Jaina - very nicely handled. Especially the part about Cherith. You were right - it did make more sense in the post than when you first told me about it.

I cannot wait to see everyone in action - I'm eagerly awaiting the demise of Raynar "Oh look, my face melted" Thul. I know you won't disappoint me like Denning did in this matter.

And Pelly just keeps on surprising us, doesn't he? ::hearts Pellaeon::

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

9. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    catching up!

10. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    uhm,
    UP?
    uhm,
    yeah, UP!

11. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    Trep,

The last update rocked as usual! I like how the Chiss continue to question the Fels' orders and then are forced to face the superior strategy of their human commander. And it is cool that Cem doesn't feel the need to explain himself any more than his brother. His exit to the Falcon is awesome; Soontir, Jag, Cem... when do Wyn and Syal get their chance?

Jaina and Mara ride again!

Is there no being that Han doesn't enjoy taunting? Plug!!!! BAHAHAHAHA! Good for Artoo to give it back in kind.

Jagged Fel is just the coolest, smartest "jump lane director" ever.

Corran Horn!!!!!!! Yah-hoo!

Even though Sith real life has drained away all my reading time, I must say I really miss this fic, almost as much as say.... ummm...ahhhhh...... Triad!

JaY

Edit: Yah, sure I can spell, not!

12. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi, Trep,
    It's been a while since anyone posted on this thread, especially you? Are we ever going to see what happens????? Please update again!!!!!!
    DL Purple Pencil

13. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    Yah, that!!
    o_O
    Soon?

JaYna

14. ruinevil

ruinevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Trep has exactly.... 666 posts...

15. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    There we go, 667, a much less scary number!
    *gets down on hands and knees* please update again, before I go insane!!!!! I love this story!!!!
    DL Purple Pencil

16. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Sorry guys...for the delay on this fic and all the others I have pending. I am, currently, traveling (business related) and I have posts ready to go on a number of pending fics...but they happen to be on a laptop back in the Nutmeg State. As things stand now, I might not be back home for an extended period of time. I'm going to be in Texas, and then Florida for a bit. If worse comes to worse, I'll just redo the chapters and post them from down here (should time permit).

Thanks for your patience and interest.

Trep

PS: Oops...I wasn't aware that I stalled on post #666. It is now #667, and my heathen status is revoked...

17. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey Trep!

Enjoy your time while you are here in the great state of Texas, and Florida too, for that matter!
    I, for one, am just glad to hear that we will eventually get a conclusion to this fic!
    I have REALLY enjoyed reading your take on how Dark Nest should have ended, and I quite agree with it!
    Jag has to REALLY hate the bugs; they stole what he loved most, after all!
    I'll be here when ever you get around to continuing!

Thanks for the status update!

18. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    As an added bit of convenience, the following is a summary of how things have progressed.

[image=http://images12.fotki.com/v254/photos/4/43264/149887/fuifinal-vi.jpg]

The story so far:

--Jagged Fel confronts Jaina Solo onboard the Chiss Flagship war vessel and warns how any hostilities by the Jedi on behalf of the Killik will seal the fate of his family. Jaina does not absorb the message.

--Months later, Jag arrives on Vek?Mor (Unknown Regions) at a Killik staging area after the Swarm War had begun. He confronts Jaina (again) and Zekk. Jag explains the fate of his family as a result of the Joiner Jedi meddling and pushes Jaina to recognize the repercussions of her efforts.

--As Jag departs Vek?Mor by stolen transport, Jaina connects through their bond and gives credence to the fact that the ?old Jaina? still exists under the collective hive (colony) exterior. She vows to regain his trust. Jag, reluctantly, leaves that door open.

--Jag travels, covertly, to Csilla and sets in motion his strategy to rescue Soontir Fel from a Chiss detention center in the polar regions while establishing a plan to allow Syal Fel and Wynnsa Fel to escape the system concurrently.

--Cem Fel arrives at the Fel estate and joins Jag in his efforts with the assistance of the ever loyal Shawnkyr Nuruodo.

--Jag travels to the Galactic Alliance Fleet which had set up a blockade in an effort to serve as mediator to the growing confrontation between the Chiss and the Killik. He boards the Mon Mothma and runs into Han and Leia.

--Jag (with the assistance of Leia) acquires citizenship with the Galactic Alliance as well as a commission in their Fleet as part of the plan to extricate his family from Chiss Space.

--Learning that Jag is about to attempt a rescue of his father from the detention cells in Csilla, Han invites himself along feeling somewhat responsible for his daughters actions. Jae Juun, Tarfan, and C3PO, also, are included in the team.

--Shawnkyr visits Soontir in his cell and prepares him for the escape attempt.

--Cem Fel arrives on location and begins preparations for the extraction of his father.

--Shawnkyr assists Syal Fel and Wynnsa Fel in their escape of Csilla while Jag and Han arrive, covertly, into the Csilla System.

--Soontir?s escape and the Millennium Falcon in all its glory.

--The two parties (Shawnkyr and the two Fel women; Jag/Han/Soontir/Cem) rendezvous in their arduous journey to the Galactic Alliance Fleet and away from the Chiss is complicated by political rivalry. Jag?s joining with the GA was an effort to secure their protection once within reach of the Fleet.

--The Jedi Joiners attempt to convince the Hive of a dark influence from the Gorog unsuccessfully

--Jag and Han consider that Zekk is not all he pretends to be, and his history is questioned as well as his true representation of the Colony.

--A temporary re-invigoration of Empire of the Hand occurs.

--Jaina and Zekk continue their efforts to convince the Hive of dart influence while far away, Jag takes a hit in his Clawcraft. Jaina loses consciousness simultaneously.

--Han rescues Jag and decides to forgo a rendezvous with the other Fel?s in the effort to secure immediate medical attention for the young pilot. Commodore Darklighter is less than accommodating. Han, however, is ?well?Han. :D

--Chiss Political backbiting and a glance back at Grand Admiral Thrawn?
    [image=http://images15.fotki.com/v227/photos/4/43264/149887/KillikTwilight-vi.jpg]
    Killik Twilight

--Brakiss/Tamith Kai have a daughter. Charal?s Ring, Raynar Thul, Lomi Plo, Alema Rar?

--Aristocra Formbi has a plan that includes the House Nuruodo

--Black Sentinel is born out of the ashes of Empire of the Hand

--Jaina begins to wake and the fog of the collective is dissipating.

--Zekk learns the truth

---Aristocra Chaf?orm?bintrano presents the Fel?s with a unique opportunity to be instrumental in the establishment of ?Black Sentinel?

--The Joiner Jedi begi

19. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    A gentle up...can't wait for next post[face_dancing]

20. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    YAY!!!!!! I cannot wait!!!!! Please post soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DL Purple Pencil

21. Sentenal

Sentenal Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2006
    I agree with Jedi Vai, much better the Dark Nest. You've got me on the edge of my seat, new post soon PLEASE!!

22. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Thanks for the review of the action, Trep. It was a good refresher. :)

23. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    All right Trep,
    You said you'd be posting shortly, that was over a month ago! How are we supposed to survive???
    Please, please, please, please update again!!!!![face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]
    Or else I might die!!:_|
    Waiting desperately for another post,
    DL Purple Pencil

24. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Yeah...oops...sorry. :(

My RL deals with immediate response to catastrophe situations...and it's been a busy season down south, and most recently, in the Northeast (not including prep. work on Hurricane season). I haven't seen my own residence in over two months (hoping the neighbor is still feeding my fish :eek: ).

I'll update shortly...I promise.

Trep

25. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Well, since you have a good excuse for not posting, I think I'll be ok, but please, please, update!!!
    DL Purple Pencil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.