main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fool & the Useful Idiot (Dark Nest era) Updated 12/19/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I, for one, thought this needed a bump!
    It was too hard to locate....

Hope to see more soon!
    Waiting, patiently, kinda! :D

2. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Just a quick note to those patiently waiting an update. I'll be adding a new installment tomorrow...as well as a blizzard of follow-up posts over the next week. Home for the holiday and all that.

Cheers,
    Trep :D

3. The_Burberry_Ewok

The_Burberry_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Just wanted to let you know that I read this entire story today...and that's even with getting my hands on a copy of Tempest today. I could quote all of my favorite parts and give my opinion on the wonderful plot you have set up here, but that would take up more time and space than I think anyone would appreciate. I'll simply settle with an enthusiastic Great Job, a request to be put on the PM list, and and urgent plea for more.

Incredible!

4. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    (On board the Drit'mis'va; Chiss Flag Ship; Flanking line between the Killik and Csilla)

Jag glanced down at his wrist chron and followed with a soft nod. Off to his side, trying to remain impassive, Commander Shawnkyr Nuruodo managed a tight, hidden smile. Her Supreme Commander?s methodical act reflected discipline. He could have, just as easily, looked to the countdown chron on the viewer board, but Jag took full ownership of the operation. Such a detail was reflected in the use of his own means of confirming time. That was something she understood. That was prudence.

Pellaeon, on the other hand leaned forward from the bridge rail to his left and arched a brow.

?May I?? He inquired while looking closer to the chron. Instantly, a chuckle came forth as he dared to reach forward to take the Supreme Commander?s arm. He let out an amused grunt with the recognition.

?Admiral?? Jag?s voice was quiet and inquisitive, but audible over the din of battle station communications.

With a single nod and a pursing of his lips Pellaeon seemed to come to a conclusion. He glanced to Jag?s face with amusement and then back to the wrist chron.

?Your wrist chron.? He nodded to the fore. ?I have seen it before.?

Jag arched a brow with slim confusion. ?A gift from my father upon earning my rank of Colonel.? Glancing to the, seemingly, average looking time piece. ?While not one for sentimentality, he informed me that it had served him well.?

?I should think so.? Now the Grand Admiral was wide with smile. ?But, he was not the original owner.?

?Who then?? Jag turned sideways to fully face Pellaeon as Shawnkyr remained in the background. Dranu hovered over the weapons officer across the cruiser?s bridge in anticipation of the next order, but appeared patient despite the onslaught of the Killik Fleet which grew in the viewer slowly.

Pellaeon remained placid for a moment as if lost in memories before nodding and responding. ?Let us just say that the previous owner of that chron relied heavily on timing in his?ah?operations.? He glanced at it again. ?I believe you will find an inscription within the crystal housing that should answer the specifics.?

?I see.? Jag paused. ?The canvass of your foe holds all retorts.?

?Ah, you have seen it then?? Pellaeon seemed delighted, then curious. ?And??

Jag let out a long slow breath while he considered the words. He had, always, assumed that his father had chosen the words; although he had to agree that it did not sound like him. The Grand Admiral implied differently. There was a slight hesitation in the moment of recognition.

?Mitth'raw'nuruodo?? His breathless response was rhetorical and sure.

Pellaeon nodded with a slight grin. ?Thrawn.? He confirmed. ?But there is more.? He fully laughed with the words before continuing. ?When the Emperor ordered the Grand Admiral to the Unknown Regions to begin a detestable mapping mission Thrawn was understandably livid. I believe he was aboard the Admonitor at the time. Realizing this, the Emperor pulled off his wrist chron I am told, tossing it to him, and provided a few parting words as he flung it to him.? Pellaeon went still for another long moment in recall. The grin disappeared. ?You will recognize, agonize, and scrutinize every nanosecond of your exile my arrogant friend. This will assist you in that regard.?

Jag stared back as if considering the truth of the words before speaking. ?This?? He glanced to his wrist. ??is Emperor Palpatine?s wrist chron??

?No.? Pellaeon?s voice rose and the smile returned. ?It, Supreme Commander, is yours.? He shrugged. ?I was not aware that he had given it to your father. Although, I am not surprised. He held the Baron General in high regard?very high regard indeed.? Pellaeon snorted. ?However, bearing in mind the way in which Thrawn came to acquire it, such a gift might have been an admonishment of sorts. Your fa

5. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Exciting update as usual=D=

I absolutely loved the story about the wrist chron!

6. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    I'm short on time, so all I can say is that I'm so happy to see you're continuing this, and I'm still really enjoying it. I'll have to go through and read it again to remind myself of where we're at. :)
    As always, I really can't wait for more!!!
    -Zetta

7. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Woohoo! Exciting and exilerating as always. Glad to see you back.

8. The_Burberry_Ewok

The_Burberry_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Great Post! The story of the wrist chron was great. Maybe I've just been too spoiled for other series, but might I find some symbolism there?[face_whistling] Keep it up, I can't wait to see what happens next!

9. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    ?This?? He glanced to his wrist. ??is Emperor Palpatine?s wrist chron??

?No.? Pellaeon?s voice rose and the smile returned. ?It, Supreme Commander, is yours.?

...and you may or may not be an emperor one day... so that just makes it all ironic. ;)
    At first I thought I'd be appalled by the thought of even touching something that belonged to Emperor Palpatine, but this is interesting.

?Well then, according to my rather well traveled accessories, it would appear that it is time to put this war to an end.?
    [face_laugh] I enjoy Jag's sense of humour.

?Well, we were in the area doing a little starship shopping. I want something comfortable with a little power, not to flashy.?
    [face_laugh] And Han's. Reminds me of "I don't know. Fly casual."

Thanks for the PM! Happy Holidays to you too!

Edit: fixing markups.

10. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Trep, Trep, TREP!

Glad to see you found your way back to this wonderful little story you've crafted!

Loved the latest addition. I will second, or third, or whatever the love of the wrist chron story.

Loved Han, too. You can't rattle the ol' smuggler in him!

Can't wait for the next installment!

L8R

11. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Princess Cambria: Exciting update as usual

I absolutely loved the story about the wrist chron!

Thanks for reading...sorry about the delay....But, no longer...more to come shortly. Glad you liked the "wrist chron" filler. The thought of Palpatine wearing one struck me as funny. No accounting as to why

ZettaZofia: I'm short on time, so all I can say is that I'm so happy to see you're continuing this, and I'm still really enjoying it. I'll have to go through and read it again to remind myself of where we're at.
    As always, I really can't wait for more!!!

Happy to oblige...and you shall have more shortly....And I know...you'll, personally, like where this ends up ;)

CCP: Woohoo! Exciting and exilerating as always. Glad to see you back.

Gracias...good to be back. Glad you enjoyed...and it picks up a little steam from here...again. :p

The Burberry Ewok: Great Post! The story of the wrist chron was great. Maybe I've just been too spoiled for other series, but might I find some symbolism there?

Nothing to stimulating in the symbolism, harbinger, fortuitous department. Just having a little fun with the speculation of the comic series. Don't worry, I won't be pulling any of those DelRay type issues out of thin air that indicates a character is influenced by the Dark entanglements of a wrist chron :p

Keep it up, I can't wait to see what happens next!

Will do...and shortly as well...Thanks for reading.

Solo & Fel: ?This?? He glanced to his wrist. ??is Emperor Palpatine?s wrist chron??

?No.? Pellaeon?s voice rose and the smile returned. ?It, Supreme Commander, is yours.?

...and you may or may not be an emperor one day... so that just makes it all ironic.
    At first I thought I'd be appalled by the thought of even touching something that belonged to Emperor Palpatine, but this is interesting.

Ahhhh...sweet irony. I haven't kept up to date on the whole comic bonanza. But, I thought it would be fun. And, yeah, I wouldn't want the Emperor's hand-me-downs either. Still I wanted to add another string from Thrawn to Jag...the Emperor's connection was thrown it as a little snack on "The Fel Dynasty."

?Well then, according to my rather well traveled accessories, it would appear that it is time to put this war to an end.?

I enjoy Jag's sense of humour.

Jag's sense of humor is just getting warmed up. I'll let you in on an upcoming scene...He faces the Ruling Families in Parliament and that little Rebel tendency pops up with some guaranteed fun.

?Well, we were in the area doing a little starship shopping. I want something comfortable with a little power, not to flashy.?
    And Han's. Reminds me of "I don't know. Fly casual."

Thanks for the PM! Happy Holidays to you too!

:D I got that "fly casual" feeling too...but what he does is anything but casual...stay tuned.

Thanks for reading...more coming soon.

Jedi Vai: Trep, Trep, TREP!

Glad to see you found your way back to this wonderful little story you've crafted!

Loved the latest addition. I will second, or third, or whatever the love of the wrist chron story.

Loved Han, too. You can't rattle the ol' smuggler in him!

Can't wait for the next installment!

Thanks for the comments and for reading...more to come shortly...and Happy Holidays everyone...

Cheers,
    Trep

PS: Next time.... Kyle, Mara, Corran, Luke, Han, Leia, Saba, Cem, Jaina, Jacen, and Kyp....

12. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update (and thank you for the PM!)

I loved Han's whole bit through that section. I can see him doing exactly that.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

jcs

13. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    (Jedi Fighter squadron; Inside the Killik Fleet lines)

?Remind you of anything??

Mara snorted to the unemotional voice while whipping her X-Wing crosswise and down in a roll. She felt Kyle Katarn matching the move and caught a smear of white to her port confirming he was keeping pace.

?Together again?oh what joy.? Her words were overwrought as both X-Wings shot port and inverted just meters under the lower hull of a medium sized Killik freighter barely out of reach of two turbo-laser installments pouring green fire out the upper hull of the modified ship.

?So you?re as excited as I in the prospects?? Kyle?s dry tone failed to hide the amusement.

?Prospects?? Mara snorted again. ?No prospects, Katarn?just bugs.?

?And Dark Jedi.? He added, almost, absently.

?I feel sorry for them.? Another familiar voice cut in out of the commlink static. ?Dropping Katarn on them is, in itself, close to encouraging their misbehavior.?

?Well, well?if it isn?t Rogue Nine.? Kyle?s voice was as close as he ever got to amusement or pleased. ?Shouldn?t you be running your little decoy gauntlet, Horn??

Corran Horn waited until he was able to match their velocity and pull in tight on Mara?s starboard side before responding. Instantly, his X-Wing fell in swoop to match, exactly, the flight path of his compatriots. His voice held a bit of strain in the move as Whistler, his astromech, could be heard scolding such a bold tactic in the background of the open commlink.

?It would appear that was a precious waste of time.? Horn managed. ?As I see it, you two require someone to keep the Ackbar?s weapons array occupied as you try to take down the hanger shields.?

Kyle snorted, but there was, also, appreciation in the sound. Corran Horn was one of the few who had earned his trust and friendship over the years. Mara fell into the same category. ?Oh, I think Jade here was just going to apply some of her trademark congeniality and ask them nicely to open the hatch.?

?Then you, definitely, need my services.? Horn?s voice was even before lowering. ?No offense Master Skywalker.?

?Offense?? Mara jumped in with amusement, and strain in another slice starboard with a snap over to correct the previous inversion. ??from two testosterone laden, overly confident, offerings of superciliousness such as you two? Not likely.?

?See what I dealt with, Horn? Her words are too big for me.? Kyle nearly laughed, but cut it short as a blue wave of jagged ion ?lightning? washed so close to the trio that the hair on his arms stood up in reaction to the sweeping energy field. ?However, I believe Luke could use your assistance more readily.?

?No!? Mara?s voice lost all amusement and gained tone, but settled quickly. ?He was clear on that. Despite our change in boarding at the present?he was clear.? Although, she didn?t want to admit it, she had felt the same suggestion as Luke in the Force. It made no sense, but the Force seldom did.

An uncomfortable silence returned, but Corran broke it after another sweep starboard.

?Mirax never called me...what was it... supercilious?? His voice still amused. ?She probably would have if she was sure I knew what it meant.? A soft chuckle returned as well as the sliding affirmative tones of Whistler. ?Regardless, allow ?ah?Rogue Nine to give you a little time to take down the shields. Ackbar is just beyond this next frigate...and may the Force be with you.?

Without delay, the green striped X-Wing shot forward off Mara?s starboard and increased velocity smoothly. In a flash, all that was visible were the four white-blue afterburners of a hurling snub dipping under the last frigate blocking the full view of the Star Destroyer, Admiral Ackbar.

Mara glanced to her system scan and felt relief wash over her as green designations showed all of the Return to Sender?s escape pods still present and moving towards the Ackbar in her wake. As expected

14. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Another great post!

I loved the exchange between Mara and Kyle

?You used to use more finesse as I recall.?

Mara snorted as their velocity built under the growing rumble of four X-Wing thrusters. ?And you used to blow things up for the sport of it.?

?I?ve mellowed.? Kyle chuckled.

?I haven?t.?

[face_laugh] little moments like that are great

I can't wait to see what Jag has planned next!

jcs

15. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    You certainly have the knack to write Han and his flying. Loved those scenes.

Mara and Kyle banter was great too.

Looking forward to more.:)

16. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    And the humour keeps on flowing.

I think my favourite line wa that Mara's words are too long.

:D

17. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

18. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    An execellent Christmas gift, Trep!

Thanks for the PM,

DL Purple Pencil

19. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Well, you've done it again!
    Given your lowly readers another great installment, that is!
    As the lowliest of the low, I appreciate your craftiness in leading this adventure!
    Keep writing, I'll keep raeding!

20. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Jedi Clan Solo: Another great post!

I loved the exchange between Mara and Kyle

little moments like that are great

I can't wait to see what Jag has planned next!

Thanks!!! Kyle and Mara are old allies who, basically, taught and learned the Force from each other. I thought it would be fun to throw them back together. I think you'll enjoy their "antics." And, what does Jag have planned? (snort)...He will prove just how close he is to Thrawn in his strategical talents...Thanks for reading.

Princess Cambria: You certainly have the knack to write Han and his flying. Loved those scenes.

Mara and Kyle banter was great too.

Looking forward to more.

Han's fun to throw into any situation. He never seems to be fully comfortable with others' decisions. More Mara and Kyle coming up in the next post and beyond. More on the way shortly.

Thanks for reading.

Solo and Fel: And the humour keeps on flowing.

I think my favourite line wa that Mara's words are too long.

Thanks for reading and the comments. Lots of Jedi type stuff coming up now that we are concentrating on the Ackbar, and not the space battle in general.

CCP: Great update!

Thanks much!!!

darkladypurplepencil: An execellent Christmas gift, Trep!

Thanks for the PM,

Ho Ho Hoooooo Nelly!!....More to come....thanks for reading.

Jedi Vai: Well, you've done it again!
    Given your lowly readers another great installment, that is!
    As the lowliest of the low, I appreciate your craftiness in leading this adventure!
    Keep writing, I'll keep raeding!

No such animal as a "lowly reader." Thanks for reading....More to come....TODAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!

21. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    (On board the Millennium Falcon in the amidships hanger bay of the Admiral Ackbar)

?Nice.? Han?s grin graced the word as constant red darts of storming energy shot out from two perceived and moving black holes of nothing. The matte black clawcraft were shadows but for their incessant lines of fire seemingly materializing from the abyss.

He knew Jaina was to his starboard moving in a spinning swoop towards the Packard gun to his right. No one else flew like that, loose and tight all at the same time. Well, maybe one other person, and he was sitting back watching the show trying to hold the pride in check as his daughter leveled punishment on the minimal mobile shields of the enemy?s position. To his port was a similar display with less flash, but comparative reprimand. That had to be Kyp. Refinement was never his game. Instead of evasive maneuvers to accompany the ?hammer,? he opted for more momentum in the swing. The results of each were?definitively pleasing.

Han glanced away just as both slashing salvos overcame the portable shield barriers meant to protect the operating Killik from handheld arms. It was no match for the compound joule release of quad laser of a starfighter. Simultaneous flashes lit the huge hanger bay just enough so that he caught a glimpse of Jacen?s clawcraft sitting quietly on the deck in the center of the bay. He hadn?t fired, but more alarming was the clear reflection of the bulbous viewer being raised and the shadow of a body climbing casually out of the craft.

?Is he insane?? Han?s voice was tight. ?This place is swarming with those dark blue beasts, and Jace is getting out of his snub.?

?I don?t know what he?s thinking.? Leia responded with equal concern layered on top of tight concentration. ?But, he doesn?t appear?concerned.?

?Yeah, well I?m not overly confident in his decision making process these days.? The old smuggler?s hands were in motion even before he finished. The Falcon responded smoothly despite the smell of heated circuits and overwhelmed shield barriers.

A green lightsaber blade rose out of the center darkness and seemed to float vertically where his son would be. Into the spray of hazy green tint, Jacen?s hand became visible to show a palm toward the location of the Falcon. It implied that they should wait, and not assist. The unexpected sight caused Han to pause while shaking his head in disagreement. Just a quickly, he was brought back from derision.

?Get us down on the deck, Slick.? Leia snapped the cockpit illumination back on with the words, and was, already, undoing her crash webbing. Saba was matching the act just behind him.

Further distraction arose as Jaina?s clawcraft shot past the forward viewer of the Millennium Falcon. Han caught a profile of his daughter in her cockpit illumination just as she dipped the craft and opened up with a constant flow of red laser fire into the darkened cavern. He nodded in the act and felt satisfaction in the known punishment the Gorog were taking.

?Well, at least she has the right idea.? He snapped curtly. ?Why face those things in a fair fight if we don?t have to??

?Jacen doesn?t appear to agree, and I?m not going to let him face them alone.?

?Unbelievable.? Han grumbled under his breath with a twist of resignation. He glanced sharply to Leia, who returned a steady stare that was the usual sign that she didn?t want to discuss it further. ?Jedi?? He shook his head and the Falcon drifted down to the deck.

?I think he?s?atoning for his?past actions.? Leia said as she stood and stretched.

?Wonderful.? Han grunted. ?He couldn?t wait until after we made soup of these assassin bugs? There?s no atonement in them I can assure you. They tried to kill our granddaughter.? He was disgusted. ?What?s he doing? Giving them a free shot?"

Leia shrugged and looked to Saba. The large Barabel didn?t seem to show an opinion. Instead, she was moving briskly through the cockpit

22. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    ?Horn!?? Kyp snapped in disbelief, but then he recalled the Halcyon Jedi heritage of his unoffical alter ego, and his ability to redirect energy despite his short comings in telekenisis. Figures. He thought. It was, definitely, a nice trick to have in his repitoire. But, the price would be high; having to admit that Corran could teach him something. Acquiring skills from Jacen Solo was bad enough.
    [face_laugh]

?You cannot keep us from killing, Leia Solo.? The words were defiant and cruel.

?I could.? Was all Thul replied with a nod. ?But, alas, I would not.? A chuckle evolved as he tossed his head towards the butchered Twi?lek leaning back against the communications banks. ?There is something to be said for employee morale.?

:D

I really liked the exchange between Jaina and Cem too. They're good together.;)

Another great update!=D=

23. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update! I like how this is all comming together.

24. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Ooooh. Neat Jacen trick.

Also liked the exchange between Cem & Jaina.

Sorry the review's not longer... short on time. Just wanted to let you know I read and liked though.

25. Jedi_Vai

Mar 20, 2002
    Trep,

Another great chapter! Fun reading the Jaina/Cem piece.
    And Jacen was actually okay too! My biggest surprise!
    Han, Han, Han. Always the same ol' renegade! Love his whole attitude!
    Then, Kyle and Mara could be a formidable alliance.

Can't wait to read more! But, I guess I'll have to! :)

Thanks, and keep it coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.