main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Foolish and the Weak: A Corran Horn Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ejedir, Apr 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This story is great Rogue Jai and Ejedir ( A LADY!! ) It;s hilarious, I love the way you potray the Horns!!

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *LOL*!! (proceeds to laugh her head off....boing, boing, clunk! roll...) That part was sooo funny!! Heheh, it was awesome!! That sounds like just the kind of things that Corran (and Whistler! ) would do!! And thank you Ejedir, that is one of the best compliments I have received. You have no idea how much it means to me!

3. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    Thank you lunetta, for repairing my damaged ego, you made me feel so much better Your Gimpyness, any comments I make, I make from the heart, and they're well desrved. I'm glad that I'm(we're) living up to your expectations of how the Horns are supposed to be, and hope we will continue to. We tried the best we could to make their personality's match how they're written about in books. We are planning to go through his first mission as a member of CorSec, so this is going to be really long. He's already almost 12 though. Kinda. Well, I'll write the next part in school tomorrow, if possible. The latest it will be out is, nevermind, I won't make promises. Teachers can be Sithly sometimes. Keep coming back. We'll up-date sometime rolleyes.gif Thanks for your loyal support. *sniff* You guys(and girls hehehe) are great!

4. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Process ER jedi's (ejedir)'s post into basic (lol i am NOT being disrespectful) and you come up with . . . . . .

WE LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!

Thanx for all the support. I'm getting mushy now, so this TC-14(i do believe that was Nute Gunray's droid's number. If i'm wrong don't tell me) will just shut herself off.

5. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    I hope you like this. It's going to lead into bigger things. . . don't even try to guess. We have weird minds, but then again, all writers do Enjoy!:
    Rostek Horn glared at the report from Lieutenant Solek. It was getting out of hand. There had been many practical jokes in the past, but none so extensive and frequent as these. The happy gas had been a nice, and extremely funny break from the every day doldrums of the Corellian Security Force Headquarters. The reprogramming of the food processors had even been funny. . .the first hour or so. Rostek had had his best computer programmers on it for more than a week, and they still hadn?t figured it out. He glanced at the monstrosity on the corner of his desk, a constant reminder of the ?mishap?, as so many pilots had begun to call it. It was supposed to be a piece of some kind of Alderaanian cake, what it came out as was a delicacy from some insect-eating planet. Rostek shuddered. Now, he was finally getting to Tem Solek?s report of the accident in his cadet training group. The uniforms had somehow been sprayed with liquid nitrogen and had shattered when the cadets panicked. The uniform fragments had cost thousands of credits for dents and cracked flooring, not to mention the ruined tailor made, expensive, boots.

When the happy gas had first started venting, Rostek had assumed it was his grandson. Corran might have even pulled off the uniform and boots, but there was no way he could reprogram the food processors in this fashion, so Rostek pushed him away as a suspect. The next on the list was a happy-go-lucky pilot, almost as old as Rostek himself. The man had never been promoted above Lieutenant for exactly this reason-practical jokes. Rostek checked the duty roster and scratched him off the list. He was out on active duty on Selonia. The Director of CorSec sighed and put in search perimeters-history of practical jokes, and access to the supplies with which to do them-in the ?personnel find?.

9827 MATCHES FOUND the computer flashed before him. Rostek closed his eyes and sighed, it was going to be a long day.

Corran was bored. He couldn?t think of any more jokes. At least no jokes that wouldn?t let him murdered by his grandfather. The day after the uniforms and boots, he had taken a credit chip and glued it to the floor. Thenborrowed a pin camera and stuck it on the top of the ceiling directly over the coin. Corran had many laughs over that tape. In twenty-four hours , by his count, 257 CorSec personnel had tried to pick up the thing of minuscule worth. He had especially found joy in Jemm Frot?s try. The man was the strictest, meanest, most unfair pilot trainer in CorSec and was always getting on
    Corran?s back for stuff that, most of the time, he didn?t do. The man had spent over five minutes trying to get the thing off the floor! He beat all the others by more than three minutes. That had kept him entertained for two days. The credit chip was still sitting there, but was mostly ignored, the passerby's had learned their lesson.

His father was due back in two days, only two days left of fun with the security card. The thought made the boy even more depressed he only had a week to get a his name in the history books for best prank. What to do. . . .

Whistler felt powerful. He had caused total chaos in less than a week. For that?s how long it took him to come up with and implement Alpha/Omega, and those computer programmers who think they know so much couldn?t even break the first layer of codes. Whistler gave his equivalent of a chuckle, and trundled on his way. This was only the beginning. . . . .

Corran?s brain was limp from thinking. He wanted to do something to the pilots, something evil. A thought came. He laughed silently to himself. A pilot had one great love. . . .his ship.

Whistler was planning. His little mechanical mind was thinking about big things. He wanted to do something fun. He was going to sound the alarm. The droid had already changed the schedule the next night for a ?training

6. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    POST PLEASE! Impatient am I. Wait I must. I know, don't give me a lecture when you post. I'm sorry I'm just really bored

7. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    POST PLEASE! Impatient am I. Wait I must. I know, don't give me a lecture when you post. I'm sorry I'm just really bored

8. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    You are doing an AWESOME job capturing their characters, Ejedir!! And yeah, I know what you mean about Sithly teachers. My dad is one of them... (recalls her multiple science projects waiting for her) *LOL* that post though!! I have a feeling that Corran is feeling really REALLY bad right now!!! I wonder what's gonna happen when they find out it's a false alarm?

9. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    Thank you my most loyal reader in the whole wide forum(at least most loyal replier). I'm so glad that you like it! Will have more soon. RogueJai is letting me write the next part too. Hmmm. . .Corran torture?? A new concept I am compelled to elaborate on. . Hmmmm. . .MUHAHAHAHA
    Thanx again.

[This message has been edited by Ejedir (edited 05-03-2000).]

10. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    MORE!!! MORE!!!!!! MORE!!! MORE!!!!!

11. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, do I get a 'most loyal replier' award?!? *jumps up and down with excitement* Yipee!! I can't wait for this upcoming Corran-Torture, Ejedir!!! I hope it's good!! (After alll, the more torture Corran goes through the more comfort he'll need later on! ) POST MORE!! Pwwwweeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee??????????

12. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry! Double post!

[This message has been edited by jedi_master_gimpy (edited 05-04-2000).]

13. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    *whistles innocently* Don't ya just hate those double (or tripple) posts?!?

[This message has been edited by jedi_master_gimpy (edited 05-04-2000).]

14. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    May I have the most loyal lurker award. If there is such a thing. Excellent job by the way.

15. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    Yes Your Gimpyness, you receive Ejedir's officially unofficial "MOST LOYAL REPLIER" award. Be very proud. I believe that Corran's gonna need lots of comforting once we're through with him. . . .MUHAHAHA! And I loved your post so much I'm glad you posted it thrice. And padawan3, to you is my officially unofficial "MOST LOYAL LURKER" award. You should also be proud, and not you will post more replies and crticism andtry to steal the "MOST LOYAL REPLIER" award from Her Gimpyness-though that's near impossible, but, catch my drift. . . .
    Here's the first part of the new post, I haven't finished the whole thing, but figure you wanna read something. . .

Corran drooped his head in between his knees. People are dying because of my dumb joke.. He felt terrible. Never before had he been responsible for other people getting killed. After the last X-wing had lifted off, Corran slowly pulled himself up to his feet and dejectedly walked toward the door. Corran stepped out into the hall, staring at the floor, but what he saw when he turned the corner wasn?t tiled flooring. Boots. High kneed, brown leather, CorSec director kind of boots. Sith.Corran looked up into Rostek Horn?s eyes.

?How did you get back here?? Rostek was fuming, ?All hallways past the checkpoint are restricted unless you have an access card.?

Corran gulped, he?d rarely, if ever, seen his grandfather this angry, ?Well sir, I was
    sleeping. .? Corran recalled his father?s words, ?When you lie, you?re burying yourself in a hole, eventually someone?s going to dig you up and expose you.?Corran thought out his next words carefully. ?I wasn?t really sleeping, I was just in the barracks. I took one guy?s card, and came back to look at the X-wings.? It wasn?t a lie, just really stretching the truth.

?Corran, you know better than to steal. Give me the card.? Corran fished around in his pockets, but came up empty-handed. ?Where is it Corran??

Corran remembered that he had put it in the old barrels in the hangar corner, along with the empty grease and oil canisters, and, of course, the invisible rope. ?Left it in the hangar. I?ll go get it and return it to the pilot, I promise, and I?m really sorry.?

?Fine,? Rostek was in no mood to even discipline the boy. Someone had reported
    sabotage in one of the hangars, but didn?t take the time to mention which one. ?Go get it, I have to look at all the hangars.?

Corran ran back to the cadets? hangar and fished his father's security card out of the barrel. He then raced out the door, down the hall, and home before anyone could ask anymore questions.

Rostek Horn?s comlink beeped. ?Horn here.?
    His voice was sharp and harsh.

?Sir,? the man was chattering with from the sound of it, ?It was a false alarm.?

?What?!? Rostek was really angry now, his voice carried so that all the people in the hall turned to look.

?A false alarm, sir.?

"Save it, I?m coming down there right now, and I want it explained when I get there.?

?Yessir,? the officer barely squeaked out.

Rostek ran down the hall to the security offices. ?What was it?? He asked calmly, he hadn?t cooled down at all, but learned to control it.

His XO Maer Kiles stood up and saluted. ?Sir, it appears that it was a drill.?

?I didn?t plan any drills, and none were passed through me! What is this! This place is falling apart! Since when do people plan drills without mentioning then to the Director of CorSec?? Everyone in the room stopped and stared at their commanding officer. ?Go back to doing. . . whatever it was you were doing.? Rostek waved the back to their duties with a flick of his wrist. ?Now, Commander Kiles, I want a report, and I want it now.?

?Well sir, someone got into the scheduling portion of our security files, and found a way to schedule a drill, without your approval. It was tampering, nothing more. No one noticed, so it went off.?

?Get on with it Kiles, we have already established all this, haven't we? Who was it??

?Umm. . .? Kiles paused, ?We really have no idea, evidence, or

16. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    Sorry, I would have added this in the original post, but yours didn't show up 'til after I posted, and it wouldn't let me edit. And padawan3, to you is my officially unofficial "MOST LOYAL LURKER" award. You should also be proud, and you will post more replies and criticism and try to steal the "MOST LOYAL REPLIER" award from Her Gimpyness-though that's near impossible, but, you catch my drift. . . . . .

[This message has been edited by Ejedir (edited 05-03-2000).]

17. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Well I can try can't I.

18. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    Go for it, I'll be watching. . .I'm not posting anymore 'til more peeps reply. So there. Fan torture. . hmmmmm. . . I may have to elaborate on that subject. . .MUHAHAHAHAHA j/k.

19. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is another post!!!!! And this story is so funny and so good!! I love how you two charecterize the Horns!! Post more!!

20. Stranger in Paradise

Stranger in Paradise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Yay! A new post! I enjoyed reading that one cause I was giggling alot! Now how are they going to react when they find out Whistler was behind most of the really bad pranks?!

21. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, *sing song voice* Corran's gonna get it, Corran's gonna get it! *LOL* That is, of course, if dad and grandad stop laughing long enough to carry out punishment!!

Oooh, Ejedir I feel so *special*!! 'MOST LOYAL REPLIER' award!! I think I'll hang it up on my wall. Darn!! This monitor doesn't seem to want to stay up there...

*puts her hands on her hips and glares at Ejedir* Don't you even THINK about torturing us fans or I'll be forced to think up some torture of my own! Don't think I won't! *pulls out her banana-cream-pie-crossbow and begins to clean it*

22. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Corran torture. Cool concept. I love watching my favorite character get beaten into a pulp. That of get injected with some pain inflicting syrum.

23. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    Thank you eo all peeps. I'm really sorry, nothing new right now, been really busy. I swear my teachers were trained by the Sith! Hey Your Gimpyness, you better watch out, padawan3's posting a lot. HEHEHEHE More soon(when I can actually find time to write it.)

24. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Don't worry we'll be waiting.

25. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.