main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Foolish and the Weak: A Corran Horn Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ejedir, Apr 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Hey guys- your story is really great! Can I add it to my fan fiction section on my web site?

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  3. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    Two questions about posting this on your website. Are we getting credit? And are you gonna give us the website addy? If both the answers are yes, then, I suppose you can You guys are getting pretty good at replying

4. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I'm wondering. Wouldn't Corran have skill when it comes to self defence. So kids shouldn't pick on him with out asking for it.

5. Jedi Halcyon

Jedi Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    Very Good work! In responce to your hint from earlier, Ejedir, we gave you feedback, so you give us more writing. Lets go. MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Wow! Thanks a whole lot! I have your story on my computer and it is about 46 pages! Thats a lot.BTW, I need to know your names to give you critet. (Ecuse the spelling) my e-mail is Corran_Horn@fanforce.net

7. L's angel

L's angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    Hey great story, i know i havn't been able to post and im sorry but keep up the great work.

"never have i seen an angel fly so low"

8. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Thanks for all your replies! You are better than JN right now! I'm so proud of you! And Trilobite just put us under RogueJai and Ejedir. Put a link to JC too. And could you give us your website addy? Thanks! Here's more since you are all so loyal

Shawn sat in the chair and stared at the Joams, the animals they used to sniff out spice, and other stuff. They sure were boring creatures, not to mention the rest of the varying species. This is the most boring duty assignment. Shawn looked over at his ?partner?. She was asleep in a chair, located in the darkest, most secluded section of the room. It was mid-morning, and Shawn couldn?t have slept if he?d wanted to. Zoey Nanette was a free-loater. No work, lots of pay. He?d have to bring this to the attention of someone. . . who that would be, he wasn?t quite sure. The timer buzzed. Time to feed ?em again. These things ate like there was no tomorrow. A full serving every forty-five minutes, even Corran couldn?t eat that much! Corran, ha, the kid was in school now, enjoying his first day. Shawn laughed to himself, then stopped as he stared at the long line of Joams waiting to be fed. They knew what the buzzer meant.

Kwop couldn?t sleep. It was too noisy, too loud. He was used to sleeping in the serene forest environment of Schlaggish. Here, the monsters were up and busy during the day, not sleeping as they should. The Fapos had almost fallen asleep. . .the alarm sounded. The creature groaned as only a Fapos could. He was never going to sleep! He might as well un-nocturnalize himself if he was going to have to live here. Kwop pulled himself off of his tree limb and began wandering the long halls and corridors.

Finally, Shawn groaned as he sat down, the animals were all fed. He took a look at the sleeping Zoey, and decided that it wouldn?t be wrong for him to take a break and go get one of those purple berry-lime shakes. Zoey could watch the animals?sort of. Shawn walked out, and down to the mess hall.

Kwop was whistling a Corellian tune, not a very pleasant one at that, when he chanced upon a lone, and scarce, open door. He peeked around the corner, and what he saw disgusted him. All kinds of beings, like him, but not like him, locked away in cages. How could the monsters be this cruel! He hopped up on the control panel, for that is what he suppose the long board with all sorts of the buttons was. Kwop scanned the knobs and brightly colored buttons, his eyes stopped on a red one. The Fapos had been able to decipher a little basic, after having the smugglers on their world for longer than Kwop had been living, and this red button distinctly said three words. ?DO NOT PUSH? Kwop pushed the button.

Shawn had just received his shake when the alarms started blaring. What this time? He looked out the mess hall door, in time to see a herd of Joams race down the hall. SITH! The first word that came to mind. He?d been hanging around Hal and Corran way too much. He sprinted toward the animal personnel holding cages, and left his shake untouched.

Shawn gulped down a large bubble of nothing in his throat. He was seated in Rostek Horn?s office. I?m a dead man, Shawn looked at Zoey, who seemed rather uncaring under the Director?s gaze.

?So, what happened?? Rostek was very annoyed, because now he had a third practical joker on his hands. His grandson had been at school, he?d even had the school confirm it for him. And the second joker, the R2 Whistler, had been in his office, sorting through the droid?s own encryption codes to the food processors, which they?d finished moments before the alarm went off. At least the processors are fixed.

?Well, sir,? Shawn Gray looked down at his feet, but raised his head to finish his statement. ?I had just finished feeding the animals, and decided that I needed a drink, so I went down to the mess hall. . .?

Rost

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Hi guys, My home page is as follows:
    RogueSquadron2.homestead.com/roguesquadron.html
    Click on "fan fiction" on the nav bar. Enjoy!
    Oh yes- what would be really cool would be to see Booster and Mirax.

10. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    To the top.

11. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    One or two more replies, and the next one will come. Booster and Mirax. . .I dunno?? Guess you'll have to keep reading huh? A btw, I went to your website, but this story's not up there yet. Tell me when it is Thanx, more soon!

12. Stranger in Paradise

Stranger in Paradise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Poor Shawn. Oh well, it's only three weeks. Now, Next post please!

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    More, More!

14. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    This is probably a stupid Q that I should know the answer to, but what's only three weeks stranger? Sorry, It's RogueJai's turn to write, yell at her

15. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Corran groaned. After giving him that monster "hug" and commenting on fresh blood, Beady-eyes, who had introduced himself as Head Master Vikk Fiao, had taken the young pilot to the office, where Corran had been given his schedule and a school map. Heck a lot of help THAT is he thought in disgust. The school was a circular three-story pain in the tail. And his first class was Old Corellian, with Mr. Stottard. Great. Remember: Corran Solace. Corran Solace. Corran Solace. Repeating this, Corran managed to wander into the right classroom before the bell rang.

Snyd Stoddard was a tall, weasely man with black hair, pale skin, and dark blue eyes. His goatee was pointed and thin, giving him an even more rodent-like appearance. He had an even temperament and a good sense of humor, thus being one of the favorite teachers at Bel Iblis. His only fault was a passion for history unmatched by any other-the reason he taught Old Corellian, Bel Iblis's only history class.

The bell rang-it didn't actually sound like a bell, rather more like a high beeping noise, but the point stood. Snyd turned from the whiteboard and looked over his students. They seemed like a good bunch, if in low spirits. It WAS the first day of the week, after all.

After the new kid, Corran Solace, introduced himself, Stoddard started in on the lesson. "Fifty years ago, General Sali Mochak was the first woman to command a squadron. She fought in the Talus/Tralus war, with her Black Squadron, composed mostly of---Can you tell us, Mr. Solace?"

Corran started in surprise. He actually KNEW this!! He'd always been fascinated with CorSec history. "Z-95 mark ones. The original series. She held a rank of General with CorSec during that time. She was one of the best female pilots to ever touch a starfight . .. . " Corran's voice faded out as he realized everyone in the room was staring at him. Blushing, he told Mr. Stoddard simply, "I've always loved the Corellian Security Force's history."

16. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Here's more. Know this. After this one. I'm not gonna post unless i get at least two replies!! Here's more school:

Baby gathered all the guys and the group of eight sat around a table at a local tap-cafe. Jerek was the youngest in the group, hence the name Baby. The only reason he happened to be in at all, was because Mynock was his older cousin who took pity on him. Eiso Dals, also called Lead, had started the group. Others in the group included Adkan ?Elf? L?Tel, and his older brother Damian ?Juke? L?Tel. Then there was Aern ?Air? Jaol, nicknamed for his flying skills. Paerr ?Joust? Iikla and the only girl Steffanee ?Kid? Dals, Lead?s little sister.

?Hey shut-up and listen!? Eiso used this to call his meeting to order. ?We got lots of. . .? the rest of his sentece was drowned out by the signal bell used to start classes at Bel Iblis. ?Hey, looks like we?re late for Stoddard?s class.?

Air smirked, ?Surprise, surprise. I?m amazed they haven?t suspended us yet, we?ve been late every day this year.?

?Not every day. There was that one time that he was teaching us the fine arts of old-time torture, we were on time every day that entire week!? Joust laughed. They?d done that just to make the faculty nervous.

?All right, all right, shut-up.? Eiso shouted over the clamor, ?Now, Mynock and me. .?

?And me!? Baby interrupted.

Eiso sighed, ?And Baby saw this new kid walk into school today. Looked real uppity, had nice clothes and all that.? Eiso got an evil look in his eye, ?We don?t like uppity?s here, and we don?t want ?em around. We?ll chase this kid off just like the other one before him.? A chorus of cheers resounded from around Eiso, and the eighteen year old thought how good it was to be Lead.

Eiso strutted in first, followed closely by Mynock, then the other six followed. He heard Stoddard sigh. Lead smiled. He loved the sound of despair. Stoddard was the only teacher that seemed to understand their group. And Eiso respected him for that. Though they came in late almost every day, after disrupting the class at their entrance, they did not disturb him any more. That couldn?t be said for their other classes.

Snyd smiled at the group, ?Glad you and your group could join us Mister Dals, please take your seats.? The eight sat obediently and said not another word. ?Now back to our original discussion. What else can you tell us about Black Squadron?? No one raised their hands. ?Corran Solace, you seemed to know a lot, could you elaborate some more please.?

Corran?s face burned with embarrassment. He did know a lot about CorSec history, in fact, he knew most all of it. ?Uh, well. The Black Squad is most well known for their victories in the Paks War, which happened just over forty-five years ago. The war was CorSec versus smuggs and pirates.? he paused and Stoddard encouraged him to go on. ?Well, Yao Paks was the leader of the puggs, puggs were the combined forces of pirates and smugglers. Paks was a tactical genius and CorSec forces had a lot of problems with him. The Black Squadron was also commanded by a tactical genius. The first female pilot to command her own squad. The war went on for about two years, when a final stand-off took place. Black Squadron was vastly outnumered, but somehow destoryed three-fourths of Paks forces. The rest of CorSec came and did clean up. That?s about it.?

?Thank you Corran.? Stoddard was amazed at how much this boy knew. ?And if you wouldn?t mind. . .would you stay after for a moment??

Corran?s heart pounded. He hoped it wasn?t wrong to teach the class, this school had some pretty weird things, he hoped he hadn?t just broken one of the rules. . . ?Yes sir.?

?Corran, this isn?t CorSec. Mr. Stoddard will do fine.? A hint of amusement crept across Snyd?s face.

?Oh, sorry sir, I mean Mr. Stoddard.? Corran gave him a smile. Maybe school wasn?t that bad after all.

Class passed without any incident. Corran walked slowly up to Mr. Stoddard?s desk, ?What did you need to talk to me about??

?You?re Rostek Horn?s grandson aren?

17. Stranger in Paradise

Jan 8, 2000
    Great post, RogueJai!!
    Ejedir re-read your last post and you'll understand what I was talking aobut. And you're right you should know what I meant! :p

18. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I CAN'T SEE MY POST! GRRR SITHLY JC!!!!
    HEHEHE, stranger I feel, really, uh stupid, but give me a break! It's the last week of school, summer brain's starting to set in Thanks for making me feel like the wonderfully dumb person that I am. Oh well, we all have our moments right

[This message has been edited by Ejedir2 (edited 05-27-2000).]

19. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I HATE THE SITHLY JC!!! GRRRRR!

20. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hey, this is really great! Are we going to see Corrans' moms death? Or even Iella? Keep up the good work!

21. Stranger in Paradise

Jan 8, 2000
    For some reason this is the first time I've seen your most recent post to the story Ejedir. Things are begining to heat up! cool. I can underdtand the summer brain thing quite well. No worries.

22. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Well that's one class out of the way.

23. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
  24. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  25. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    This is great guys! Keep up the good work(and post more soon)!
    ~Caili

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.