main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Foolish and the Weak: A Corran Horn Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ejedir, Apr 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    Here it be! AND I have another snippet of news for y'all. . .Jai and I have begun writing a new story and we will begin posting sometime in the next month(We hope) it's called: "Taking You Home: The Story of Wedge Antilles" So yeah. . be on the lookout for it!

Corran flipped on the surveilance equipment and sat down in the black leather chair. The
    inside of the Sunset Tapcaf, was anything but inviting. The walls were a sickly green hue, wallpaper peeling around the edges. The seats were a gruesome orange and looked about threadbare. Tables were tilting on their supports, and the bar was cracked. Not one glass was not chipped or split, and the carpet was the worst. In the middle of the room was a huge sun, and the carpet, he supposed, had once been a fire red. Now it was more like. . .dingy gray.

His father sat in the far corner of the tapcaf where it was shadowed and dark. They were about fifteen minutes early. Corran relaxed and sat back in his chair.

?Hi.?

Corran spun around, hand on his blaster, ?Who are you?? A stunningly beautiful woman stood in the doorway.

?Gina Hasratian, I?m on duty here today.?

?Well,? Corran placed his charming smiled on his face. ?I guess I can trust you then.? He reholstered his blaster and tipped back in his chair, balancing on the two legs.

Gina laughed. ?Oh, you?re special. What is it with guys and that chair, they all feel the need to balance it for me, I am quite aware of its ability to balance, I?ve done it myself.?

Corran tipped the chair back to its original position with a thud. ?So, what brings a beautiful girl like you to a dank little place like this.?

?Oh, I haven?t heard that one before. Honestly, you would think after hundreds of years, human males could come up with some new pick-up lines.?

?It?s our duty, as males, to be as stupid as possible for the amusement of the girls.? Corran glanced back at the screen, the two infomants had arrived, and Hal was beginning the conversation.

?So,? Corran said. ?You?re in surveilance then??

?No,? she replied, ?I like to sit in this box for my enjoyment.?

Corran shrugged. ?You never know, some women do.?

?Right, now, since you?ve become so acquainted with me. . would you mind telling me your name??

?Oh, right, heh, Corran Horn.? He looked back at the screen, his father was becoming agitated, he could tell. He was poking a finger at the human man, and the color was rising in his face. He was about to turn around and continue his conversation with Gina, but then something in the corner of the screen caught his attention. He swiveled full around, facing the screens.

A Trandoshan walked with purpose to the corner table. The repltilian creature was wearing a bulky dust-cloak thrown over his shoulders. He turned around, so that Corran could now see his face, but eclipsed the table behind him. It was Bossk. The bounty hunter. Corran fumbled for the com switch and thrust it up and on. ?Dad!? No answer, or any sign that Hal had heard him. He toggled the switch again and screamed, ?Dad!?

It was too late. Bossk had unveiled a blaster and smartly turned and threw shots into the three sitting at the table. The Quarren, almost immediately, exploded into a black mist. Corran cried out in anguish as his father took two shots in the upper chest. The other human male tried to duck under the table, but was shot once Bossk had demolished the table. It was over before Corran had even reached the door. He shot across the alley, with no regard for rules or regulations and ran to his father?s side. Kneeling in blood, he grabbed a cloth that was sitting on a nearby table. He lifted his father into his arms. No pulse beat through Hal?s body. Two gaping holes stared at him as he wiped the Quarren ichor from his father?s face.

. . . . open your eyes . . . open your eyes . . . open your eyes . . . .

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Whoa, freaky ending Jedir and Jai! I LOVE it :D This whole story rocked! I can't wait for the Wedge one~!

3. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I loved every minute spent reading this story! Thanks for writing it you two! :)

And I'll be keeping an eye out for your new one. :D

4. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Wow. Its over. Great ending guys. Fantastic work. I knew it was going to end this way. WOW! (again :) )

Do you realize that you started this more than a year ago? I can't believe I've been reading this for so long... Cool.

Jai - Are you back on the boards now?

I can't wait to read your new story :D :D

UP!

Perator

5. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    It's over! :_| Great ending! :D And I'm glad to here you're going to start another story. I'll be watching for it.

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    and the rest we know of course is history, or at least science fiction SW style. . .

very nice Jedir, you to Jai!

will the Wedge Antillies be one like this that takes place while he's growing up?

7. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    and the rest we know of course is history, or at least science fiction SW style. . .

very nice Jedir, you to Jai!

will the Wedge Antillies be one like this that takes place while he's growing up?

8. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Yup! It's gonna be from 13-21. . I do believe :D Thanks for readin!

9. Perator

Sep 3, 2000
    UP! When will you start?

10. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Probably sometime this month. . we HOPE. . as soon as we get a bit written :)

11. Perator

Sep 3, 2000
    Cool. I can't wait.

12. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    can't wait to read the new one, but how about posting some on Your place in time????

13. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    That was AWESOME!!! Congrats on the wonderful story; you did an excellant job and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to your next one.

14. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    aaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Your just going to end it like that!!! WOW Awesome story. Good job.

15. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    well no wonder Corran keeps beating himself up about his fathers death. . .

he was distracted for a moment. . . poor guy. . .

16. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    Has the next story been started yet?

17. Perator

Sep 3, 2000
    When do you start writing Ejedir?

UP!

Perator

18. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Wow it ended. Kinda hard to comprehend considering I started reading it over a year ago. Awesome job.

19. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Story. . .Wedge story. . .yes, well we have a teeny-tiny bit written, but no where near enough to start posting. . .If you're reading Your Place in Time, you know that my live is horribly busy right now, and we're trying I promise!!!! Stick with us!

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    That's it?! :( Great story you two. Now, start working on the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.