main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    You are the best! I am already enjoying this trip! Thanks! =D=

Lufta Shif

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Does anybody know if there is a breakfast place near the Figueroa, such as a deli or a bagel store?

And how about a 7-11?

3. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Thanks! I was so delighted by it, I had to have it. I dunno, it just suits me I guess (even though I'm neither an old man nor a farmer...)
    MCP

4. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    ^^^:D

Since there seems to be no place to buy groceries nearby, it looks like I'll be living on instant cup-o'-soups, fruit and nuts brought from home. [face_plain]

5. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Wamprats! I was hoping for more dining choices around the Fig. They do have a restaurant...

Lufta Shif

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll survive on a steady diet of Red Bulls and Snickers bars. Then I'll come home and detox. =)

-GJ

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] ^ yeah, I packed quite a bit of food in my suitcase for C3. The great thing is on the way home you have extra space in your suitcase for your purchases!

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    That is actually an excellent idea. I never thought about it. I guess one could get tired of eating chips, cookies, and candies all the time but I don't know any of those people! =)

-GJ

9. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    I could make a remark about "fruit" and "nuts" being in plentiful supply in Downtown LA, but, well, yeah, I went there. Badabing.

MCP

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Good idea. Hate to have to resort to this, but if it's my only feasible option for "real" food, then so be it.

11. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    There is that Macey (spelling) mall that is within walking distance. I believe it has a food court.

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Cool, thanks for the heads-up, Buggy. I guess I'll be hitting that joint up quite frequently.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No to both. You'd have to go uptown for a deli. There's probably a 7-11 around, but not within walking distance. I'll have to find the closest one the next time I'm down there.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    As always, thanks for the update, Val.

15. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Thanks, Val!

Fig related question: what is the best way to get from LAX to the Fig? Taxi, public transport, bongo?

Lufta

PS: I finally discovered YouTube last night. O-my-god, I stayed up sooooo late watching SW related videos! I am addicited!

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Fig related answer: I asked Uno this very same question when I booked my room. He said to take a taxi ride from LAX to the hotel. It's about a 20 minute ride he said.

17. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
  18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Twenty minutes? I'd like to know what this guy is smoking LOL. If it's rush hour it will take longer than 20 minutes, trust me; 45 minutes is more like it.

19. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I know it is a bit early to talk taxi fares, but is a 45 minute taxi ride "the norm" in LA or am I crazy to consider it as an option?

Lufta

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - I was just going by what Uno told me over the phone. He did say it could take longer depending on traffic conditions.

20 minutes or 45 minutes - makes no difference to me in the end really. I won't be in any rush.

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It is probably the norm on the 405 freeway, which is what you take to get to downtown L.A. and points north from LAX. It ain't called the "4 or 5 miles an hour freeway" for nothin' LOL.

L.A. is a freeway town, there is no getting around it. People are on the road from 5 in the morning to 8 at night driving to and from work. And because that is the freeway (not the only one, but the major one) that takes people to LAX, it is busy.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    No need to take a taxi to the Fig: just hop onboard my speederbike and we'll be there in 30 seconds. [face_laugh]

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Do they offer a shuttle service from the airport? Like a van or something? Maybe some of us can hook up and go in together for one or something. I'm not looking forward to paying $40 to $45 each way for a can ride.

24. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    when I went to Hollywood from LAX my friend and I took a shuttle van. It was about $25 (I can't remember if that was for the both of us~ but I think it was). The only thing is you have to wait quite a bit for the van to fill up and then for people to get dropped off.

25. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yeah, the time it takes would not be a problem if that is how things are in LA. It is the unnecessary expense I am concerned about.

Val, what is the norm for LAX-hotel connections for folks attending conventions at the LACC? That is, what do folks normally do to get to their hotel around the center: taxi, shuttle van, rental car, public transport? Thanks again for your awesome help! :)

Lufta

2 edits: clarification and typos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.