main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Clearly the reason Lucas said Dark Empire was the closest to his ideas and why it couldn't use Darth Vader was because he had wanted a clone Emperor Vaader all along!

It bewilders me that websites even bother to report the Chinese whispers around the staff water cooler. "Anakin's ghost might appear." "Psst, I hear Anakin could appear in the sequels!" "Psst, Vader's in the sequels!" "Vader will be resurrected in the sequels!" "There'll be a clone Vader!" :rolleyes:

Yup, let's report the most distorted extrapolation of what might have originated ten sources back. (Because that doesn't make our journalist look like a moron!)

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    That said, an Episode 3a, 3b and 3c showing the continuation of the Jedi purge and the start of the Dark Times might be interesting.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'd rather have that than Underworld. It would get all the continuity errors out of the way in six hours of film rather than a hundred hours of television.

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What the hell is this Underworld thing people keep going on about? Is that the live action or something?

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Underworld apparently is the "working title" for the live action show

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tell that to people who insist on forcing Sith into the ST.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Let's say Chewbacca is in the ST... how do we retcon that?

We never saw him die, right? Did any Jedi ever feel him die through th Force?

Could there have been another ship that would have saved Chewie... then gotten stranded on some planet for a few decades?

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Prior to NJO, Chewie will be captured by the sleeping villian of EP7, lets just use the one sith. Chewie is cloned, the clone has orders to kill Luke or Solos. Due to not seeing Luke or by over powering his commands, the clone becomes a hero. However, real Chewie is held in cryo stasis or carbonfrozen (w/e). On a mission, Jaina or even better Han discovers their long lost family member. They are happy and Chewie returns to the group. Makes a quip about changing his seat for one Leia's size...

LawgSkrak likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If the only way to salvage the EU is via clones, I vote screw it.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There might actually be a great story to tell about how Chewie survived, if one can get past the trickiness of him surviving the moon's initial impact (either by brief shelter/intact shard of the planet til ship evac, etc). Maybe he wakes up from his injuries somewhere in the outer rim, gets stranded in a distant corner of the galaxy (or in unknown/wild space) by a Vong attack, and has his long journey of healing and making his way back to "civilization", wondering why no one has come for him and, perhaps, the extent and nature of his life debt.

As I said, if you can get over that initial bump.. there's a lot of potential there.

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Correct, no one actually saw him die. With all the other deaths (and all the terror) roiling through the Force, I would say that it was unlikely that anyone could have felt him die.

My solution to the Chewie problem:

Sernpidal was not actually destroyed (i.e. shattered into fragments like Alderaan) - true it was hit by a 20km moon (twice as large as the so-called 'dino-killer' that hit the Yucatan region), but our planet survived that -- and it has been postulated that (a) there were more fragments hitting in other places over a period of hours or days and (b) that the dinosaur extinction actually occured some 300,000 years later.

Wookies are very tough, and extremely strong - Chewie would have had, IMO, a good chance of surviving the initial impact. And when disasters happen, who are usually hard on the scene? Salvagers and Looters, in addition to rescue services!

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Nicely put! Agree wholeheartedly!

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm starting to like the sound of this:

Moon vs Chewie.

Moon loses!

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "You Win" by R.A. Salvatore ;)

Jedi_Glover and cthugha like this.
  15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Chewie's son took on the name Chewbacca as a sign of respect? :p

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Chewie was saved by the Mayor of Sernpidal. Isn't that obvious?

CeiranHarmony and Summer Dreamer like this.
  17. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Perhaps he is cloned by some bun-fluff from the holochess seat. His same is Chewbaccca, but pronounced Chebacca, out of respect.

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I can now see the future of Star Wars comics under Marvel... with Chewbacca strong enough to hold up an entire moon.

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    We all knew that Chewie was a badass.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Now, aside from me, who else is going to get the comics reference you've casually thrown in there Captain Goodvalors?

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    With Marvel comics, will we get the return of Jaxxon?

TrakNar and CeiranHarmony like this.
  22. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    only if Jaxxon is the offspring of Jarjar Binks and a Lepi Carnivorus!

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm wondering whether or not the ST will be part of the "no EU" universe.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The more I think about it... I'm not opposed to a good, epic finale to the current Star Wars Saga before getting some kind of reboot, if the alternative is some humongous retconning. My suspension of disbelief can only go so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.