main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Not necessarily. There was...uh...we got....

Episode I: Racer! [face_party]

Oh, and the two Starfighter games were pretty good, I thought. I would still love to see a third. Forget Sev (Ha! Another good tie-in game! :p) , what the kark happened to Retti?! [face_waiting]

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ugh. Even for movie tie-in games, the Episode One game was a new low.

Fun fact (and I played it all the way to the end after my cousin told me about it) - you can Force Push the mega-uber-super-boss Darth Maul at the end of the game into the Bottomless Pit within 5 seconds, instantly killing him with a cut scene showing his two halves falling down the pit. KWALITY!

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  3. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    What? That was a seriously powerful Force Push. [face_whistling]

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The Episode One game gave us Mat Rags.

That was one of the most memorable days in my short existence. I never met a more inspiring individual.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If Maul can push Obi-Wan into the pit, Obi-Wan can push Maul into the pit.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Speaking of which, the best part of the TPM game (for me, anyway): "Stop pushing me!"

NEVER.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Really? The best part for me was the endless hordes of attackers on Tatooine (effectively ending the game since you can't continue onwards) if fight back against some thug in a bar. Shielded Jawas appearing out of nowhere? Innovative!

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  8. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    As long as the games are Kinect compatible, and I can duel Darth Krayt on top of the Disney Castle they'll be........magical

9. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    My name is Kyris and I am addicted to the EU. I kicked the habbit (to a point), moved on, then the Lucasfilm Disney/EP7 news hit. I am quickly playing catch up.
    What I love about the EU... It isn't for everybody but there something for anybody... Like reading military novels, try Rogue Squadron or Republic Commandos. Like reading galactic epics, try NJO. Like scary stories? try Death Troopers or Red Harvest. Like Medical Dramas? Try MedStar. Those who say they do not like the EU, have their reasons but almost assuredly would like a portion of it, if they tried it.

That being said, It seemed that LotF and FotJ were headed down the road toward Legacy... but then Apocolypse hits. And the whole thing takes a sharp right hand turn toward a new direction. Then announcements of Crucible and Sword of the Jedi, seem to be good ideas. The largest proof to this seems to be Jag Fel. Jag Fel took the largest direction change from being the first Emperor of the New Empire in the Legacy era, to the sudden I'm stepping down. I believe this is to free up Jaina and himself as characters. Allowing for the two of them to take the Han and Leia places within the new trilogy. Combined with a Crucible retirement tour for the Big 3, and Sword of the Jedi supposedly featuring Jaina, Jag, Ben, Tahiri, and Allana. Sounds like a prefect new cast. However I predict Allana will either be kept in Hapes throughout the sequel trilogy, forgotten about, or killed off. Her background is far too convoluted the granddaughter of Han and Leia, illegitimate child of Jacen and a queen of a sector. Tahiri might bite it too, however if they allow her to move past Anakin Solo and make her peace, then perhaps she will achieve her blank slate needed for a new trilogy.

Disney wants everyone to be happy. Look at the Avengers, you have social viewers and hardcore comic fans. Everyone was happy with the film, except perhaps Hawkeye fans, making it the number 3(?) movie of all time after Cameron films. They will try the same thing EP7, however with SW you have many different groups of fans, OT fans, PT fans, Film purists, EU fans, TCW fans... Chances are if we even get characters like Ben Jaina and Jag, EU fans will celebrate. It will be easy for us to retcon odd blanks in peoples memories. Purists will be happy if even one thing in the EU is contradicted there by proving the EU is not true. PT fans will have to deal with a similar style of filming and OT fans will love the return of the Big 3, and maybe Wedge and Lando. TCW fans will be an easy crowd to please, however the best bet to make them happy is include a relatable character for them. When Luke is talking to the Jedi, he can reference a Togruta, as Master Tano... There you go... Children will rejoice, Ashoka survives Order 66.

Cavisek OUT...

darthzac14 likes this.
  10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i hope things are as positive as you make them seem. i don't want to see Allana killed off, or retconned out of existence. we need more characters in this universe for the next gen. Now if you want to erase her entire FOTJ existence and start over after LOTF then thats fine.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I just think explaining that Jaina had a Brother, who is dead, who had a relationship with a queen, who in turn had Allana. Needless to say her backstory would be to convoluted though having a young girl hanging out with the Solos would be enough right?

12. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I might be on meds right now but... this thought crossed my mind:

COPL has a vision in which Luke has a daughter not a son. The Sequel rumors talk about a female protagonist. And without giving Ben a sexchange to turn him into Justin Bieber as a female [face_sick]...

WHAT IF...

the female kid of Luke they are talking about in that vision is indeed the kid of Luke and Teneniel? Tenel Ka was raised as Isolders daughter, but in fact was Lukes and Teneniel never told him! Thus Tenel Ka is his daughter (and we got some more weird SkySolo quasi-incest romance between her and Jacen as kinda cousins which might be even legal) and Allana is of direct Luke lineage as it is of Han and Leia lineage.. perfect for staring in the Sequels, though I doubt she will even appear in them actually.

;) though in the end, if Sequels give Luke a daughter, COPL will at least survive lol

13. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Hmmm... I don't remember that there was a vision of Luke having a daughter in CoPL. Didn't Mother Rell just ask Luke how his wife and children were? And someone told Luke that she was talking about the future, as Luke obviously had no wife and children at the time.

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    there was a vision that specifically said his first kid would be a daughter ;) so Ben can't be the first kid :p

if Han got Danielle Kieran.. Luke needs a bastard child too... Game of Thrones is popular after all :p

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It'd tick the transgender diversity box at least :p

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It said no such thing... it was just "how are your wife and children?"

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Always in motion, the future is."

Some visions won't come true.

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    • Summer Dreamer :
    That's very true, but it would have been very nice if the authors would have allowed this one to come true, as not only did Mother Rell predict "children", but Luke and Mara, in their shared vision of the future, also saw "children" in their future.

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    ChildOfWinds

You know, maybe Luke has a daughter with clone Mara from Crosscurrent still.. or adopts her daughter with Kam clone :p

20. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Can someone please just tell me, what does COPL stand for? Thanks.

My ideal scenario for a while now has been Luke and Mara having a son together. Even if such a relationship isn't in the ST, that wouldn't necessarily mean it never happened, and Mara never had a child by Luke.....he might simply be unaware of it, if he and Mara are estranged.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Courtship of Princess Leia

22. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    At first I thought the pre-ROTJ EU would be safe, but with Disney looking into doing movies/media other than the sequel trilogy, they may want to do their own take on that era as well (such as their own Jedi/Sith origins, which may not involve Korriban aliens at all). As it is, the Cold War Sith Empire from the Old Republic game and the Kaan-led New Sith Wars (with their height being an impasse with the Republic at best), don't seem to quite jive with Palpatine's and Kenobi's claims of the Sith ruling the galaxy before the 1,000 BBY established Republic.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened:

Han Solo: What the—?
    Luke Skywalker: What's going on?
    Han Solo: Our timeline is correct, except: no EU.
    Luke Skywalker: What do you mean? Where is it?
    Han Solo: That's what I'm trying to tell you, kid. It ain't there. It's been totally blown away.
    Luke Skywalker: What!? How?
    Ben Kenobi: Destroyed. By the Disney.
    Han Solo: The studio couldn't destroy the whole EU. It'd take a thousand executives with more licensing power than I've— there's another movie coming in!
    Luke Skywalker: Maybe they know what happened...

23. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I will not accept that.

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    thinking about the Sequels... anybody here remember my old topics about the four german only Heyne-Mini books by Oliver Denker of the official german Star Wars fanclub who retold the story of the Movies in history book style based in a setting of 1000 ABY, with some new information of the Big Three's death (sarcophagus on Coruscant) and the Millennium Falcons whereabouts post-death in a museum?

25. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    that's ridiculous, Dark Horse has no power at all and Disney couldn't care less what random comic book series they make

just saying

The sequel trilogy would introduce plenty of new-generation characters anyway so that's not really a problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.