main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that trivial. Nearly every time they've spoken about or referenced other fairy tales/fictions on the show, they eventually at the very least cameo some part of that world later on. I don't think they'd do it immediately (this season), but I don't doubt later on we're going to get at least one character. Also best to keep in mind how the show sneaks in characters from other universes by overlapping them. So anyone as far as the Red Queen, Ariel, Jafar, etc. etc. could also be....Tarkin. :)

:)

:)

The future of star wars is bright :)

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The problem would be getting an actor resembling the character in question.

3. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    "The problem would be getting an actor resembling the character in question."

This is a bit of an oxymoron ... don't you mean you would need an actor to resemble the original actor? What actually defines what the character looks like? The original actor who played them, or their description from the scripts and novels?

4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm not sure for the purpose of Once Upon A Time, that resemblance to the actor would be required. He could look like Luke but not Mark Hamill. For example...

[​IMG]

this figure looks like Luke, but does it look like Mark Hamill? Not really.

5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Not to mention the characters on Once Upon a Time really don't look like even the Disney versions of the characters (outside of maybe one or two little visual references, usually). For example, this is their version of the beast from Beauty and the Beast:

[​IMG]

Given their precedent, they could basically cast whoever they want as a Star Wars role.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    "this figure looks like Luke, but does it look like Mark Hamill? Not really. "

Sorry, I can't quote properly, because this BOARD has not updated its software for IE11 / Windows 8.1

Anyways ... it doesn't look like Luke OR Mark Hamill ... it looks like a sculpted plastic toy...

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I really need to finish season 1 of that show... sigh. I just detest the main character thoroughly.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. What do we care if a SW character appears on that show? It's its own particular take on fairy tales that doesn't necessarily hew to Disney's own animated films, much less the various versions of the tales themselves. If anything was straight up obvious Infinities, a SW character on that show would be it.

Then again, knowing LFL's policy on continuity lately.... :rolleyes:

edit: WAIT! They can just have Witwer play Rhett, who we all know is the most important character anyway. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I would not be opposed to Sam Witwer representing Star Wars.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love Once Upon a Time, it's my favorite show on TV right now. With the premise of the show going beyond
    fairly tale stories by having the likes of Frankenstein and possibly eventually more famous characters in fiction It could make sense in the show to have a Land where Star Wars resides, but I'd rather not...
    There seems to be a problem, it only lets me click the like button once...

I'm certainly not opposed to that, it's great to have actor who is a enthusiastic and IMO intelligent fan.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Witwer the guy, from everything I've heard, sounds great. Sounds like a true fan. Rhett the character though, ugh. :p

11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so who is that suppoosed to be with the orange saber? Ganner?

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Ganner is Yellowblade. And then he used Anakin's saber. Never an orange saber. ;)

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Witwer always sounds like someone trying to kiss butt to get work to me.

14. Starwarsfan1439

Starwarsfan1439 Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2013
    That would be cool if they put a main female role for a Jedi. For the new sw movie but I rather see kotor with revan and Jedi civil war or the dark wars with meetra surik!!! :D

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm unclear how one could distinguish that from him genuinely liking what he's doing.

16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Depends on if you like him or not.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    One would have to probably get him in private and actually engage him in conversation to find out whether he really liked it or not. But I assume he did; didn't he say when Hasbro made a Starkiller action figure that it was a dream come true?

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He was angling for a job!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's easy, he's human and presumably possesses the following.

1) Experience with butt kissers.
    2) Instinct.
    3) Intuition.

Social humans make such distinctions a thousand times a day. The ability to sense when someone is or isn't being genuine isn't superhuman.

Maybe he's wrong, but all he's saying is "sounds like".

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He just wanted to get into imperial court.

21. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 24, 2013

This random unnamed apprentice from Jedi Academy:

[​IMG]

It's finally his time to shine!

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I always wondered who he was. Figured he was Lassin, the guy Jaden mentioned as dead in Crosscurrent.

23. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    He is not unnamed his name is Jaden Korr. He has a book series of his own btw.

24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    oh yeah, i know Jaden korr

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

I'M A PERSON AND MY NAME IS JADEN KORR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.