main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    When I eat fried Mon Calamari, I also like it with a side of fried Quarren, duh. :p

--Adm. Nick

Darth_Garak and CooperTFN like this.
  2. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    It's almost as appetizing as this

[​IMG]

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Now I now what I'm sending the admiral for Christmas.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    DelRiego and Zorrixor like this.
  6. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    I like the fact that Han can only wear one style of clothing for 30 years. ;)

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Still has the same blaster, though.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Coz it's a blast from the past!

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Han in a new outfit?!

Gee, thanks, Abrams. You just ruined the ST. RUINED. :mad:

DelRiego, Guxman and Ulicus like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    New Stormtooper update = I dig. Very snazzy!

Han actually having a different non-vest based outfit, also yay!

Rumours lately focusing on disappeared Luke Skywalker, as in non-voluntary disappearing act. Which would explain the lack of Jedi situation and all. And the somewhat hobo-looking beard. Those evil people!

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Obviously because in Episode 7 Luke replaces the crystal of his lightsaber for another one, giving it a blue blade, for nostalgic reasons.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Looks slick. I just assumed we'd be getting the vest for 1-3 more movies so this is a pleasant surprise.

Usually I hate new things at first but they grow on me, yet I love this and the helmet ... now I'm worried I'll somehow end up hating them by the time the movie comes. :p

13. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I love the stormtrooper helmet also. I hope it means that there is some Imperial Remnant around during the ST. I don't care if they're antagonists or not, I just want there to be a possibility of books with them in that role.

I really like Han's new outfit.

I don't think we can say that we lack Jedi, yet. I think there may be some sort of small Jedi Order, but I don't think they'll play a large role in the film. Maybe we'll see a few on screen or just hear some reference to Luke training some people.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    That's actually a good idea for one jedi in Episode 7. A Jedi for whatever reasons can't gain access to his/her blade, and is forced to use a weapon of a darksider for a bit (like Obiwan in TCW, except it can be longer duration). Not only would it be cool to see a red blade being used for....well good, but it could also give us a Red vs Red duel for the 1st time in the films (and without resorting to Sith/darksiders killing each other).

Zorrixor likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

I personally always wanted no more than a dozen Jedi anyway in Episode 7, no Jedi Council and one master to padawans and basically just be the PT all over again, which we've already seen. Just Luke leading a small crew. I'm down for anything new. If Luke was kidnapped by the mole men from beyond the moon the morning after the Ewok party and tossed him in a cage for 30 years, that would certainly be something different. Caged Jedi Master, waiting to break free. And Luke comes out of the gate already at "Ulimittteed POWAH!!!" levels, thereby leading to the Jedi order being established during Episode 8-9, as opposed to happening off screen gap between Ep. 6-7.

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Ya I don't want a fully formed Jedi Order either. I think the numbers depend on the fate of the galaxy. If they decide that it was thirty years of peace, which I certainly hope they don't (I want my post ROTJ GCW books), then I can see around a 100 to 200 Jedi that were spread very thin across the galaxy. If they go the almost constant war then I'd imagine the number of Jedi would be significantly lower -- probably more than a dozen, but mostly off screen. I don't see a Jedi Council forming until the end of the ST; they will need one to run the Order, but not yet, we need something new for most of the films. Rehashing the PT isn't any fun and the rebuilding of the Jedi Order is important to the saga; they can be trained off screen, but the movies should show the Order establishing its place in the galaxy. This actually makes me like the idea of a dozen Jedi -- at least on screen -- because at the end of the trilogy they could be the new council.

Zorrixor and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Anyone else think the confirmed and rumored cast of Episode VII seems a lot like Legacy Volume II?

Daisy=Ania Solo
    Boyega=Jao Assam
    Isaac=Yalta Val
    Rumored Villain with Half-Machine Face = Darth Wredd

[​IMG]

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The EU has done so goddamned much for the past two decades or so that you're going to find parallels in the ST to almost anything that's already happened. I'm sure people will be accusing the ST of being a rip off of Galaxy of Fear somehow when it's all said and done.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If Luke's been off the galactic stage all this time I'd prefer he be isolated specifically because he's focused on training a new order, having been smart enough to realize he can't do that and play Superman at the same time. If he's been someone's prisoner for 30 years I'll have a hard time not being annoyed by that.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What if it's Leia who's been training Jedi for the last 30 years? Luke taught her briefly before he left, about as long as Yoda taught him. Then Leia would finally be considered equal to her twin in helping the Force regain and keep its balance.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    ^ What the what?!

"Alas, poor Vader, I knew him well."

I'm okay with either option - the first one makes the most sense that he'd have to do it in secret since I highly doubt Jedi in general are the most popular among the populace.

As for Luke locked in a cage for 30 years, it would be an interesting place to start the character at. I'm sure he would have been all Force-power meditating / yadda yadda / training himself / etc. in that time, and I highly doubt the movie will end with Luke dead or still in captivity, so he could step out into the film a fully-formed Jedi Master that nobody knows about and generally lay waste to all the baddies because "who the hell is that guy?" Then we can subsequently take the journey with Luke for rebuilding the Jedi across the ST.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And we will know it!

The new Stormtroopers look cool!
    The design for Han looks different but should work.

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I've just looked at this again and realised: Harrison Ford is not playing Han Solo.

He is clearly playing Thracken Sal-Solo. There is no other reasonable explanation for not wearing a vest.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, Starkeiller and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.