main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    One thing's for sure: Kylo's character arc in VIII and IX has the potential to be extremely compelling. :D

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh and IDK where that post of mine is speculating that
    the bearded Resistance guy is Ematt from the JTTFA books, but turns out I was right. Yay me! :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    However, keeping to the dark side being a struggle is way more realistic. Most people are reluctant to murder people, not tempted to murder people. It's generally not easy to murder people.

DurararaFTW, Ghost and TheRedBlade like this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    So the Ren part of Kylo's name comes from 'Knights of Ren'. But did they say where Kylo is from? I have a theory:
    Spoilers for the villain's backstory in TFA
    Ben Solo turned on Luke's Jedi Academy and wiped out all the students. Just like in the Legends universe, one of the Academy members was a certain Kyle Katarn, the most powerful of Luke's New Jedi. Ben took him on in a vicious duel, but eventually defeated and killed the famed Kyle Katarn. Ben Solo then renamed himself Kylo, a wordplay on Kyle, so that everyone would know he was the one who brought down the legendary Kyle Katarn. :kylo:

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Or, more likely, Sky Solo. And Ren because it's like poetry, it rhymes.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    When I first saw the film, my packed cinema lost it when the generic FO came in to see Kylo and inform them BB-8 had escaped. We all knew he was getting the 'Needa Treatment'. It was still hilarious to see him come in my second viewing, gulping and taking his hat off. He knew what was coming.

7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    My idea is cooler! :p Besides, why would Snoke allow Kylo to name himself after the First Order's greatest enemies? I also read somewhere
    No one in the First Order is ever allowed to say Kylo Ren's true name, by order of Snoke himself. Something like that.

8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

Trip likes this.
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    (The boards are working?!?!)

THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!! Great characters, suspense, humor, dialogue, drama, surprises, action.

Even if you're not a Star Wars fan, it's just a Great Movie by itself!

It was even better than I expected!!!

(and as a fan... I'll need to see it again, but I think it might even be the best Star Wars movie, period.)

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    General reactions to the film should be put in the reaction thread. This one was a vestigial leftover we were keeping open as a place where people could discuss the film vis-a-vis the EU but it's . . . honestly getting a little cross-pollinated and we don't need two.

I'm going to lock it, at least temporarily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.