main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Where did you see the three new planets? Shame Thule isn't one.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Although I agree with you for the most part, it has been long established that at least a few Massassi were able to get off Tavin 4 before Kun killed them.
    [​IMG]
    The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide also stated that "a few Massassi [were] taken offworld prior to Kun's decimation of their society." Nihil novi sub sole.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Then how did they get back to Yavin?

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Now that is another question entirely. Your qualm was about the Massassi race having survived the Battle of Yavin 4, not about how they got back to that moon.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I when I said that there shouldn't be surviving Massassi, I should have said that there shouldn't be surviving Massassi on Yavin.

6. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    I'll agree that Palpatine and Vitiate have a lot in common, and indeed the Old Republic, aesthetics-, architecture- and ship design-wise, looks rather too much like the Clone Wars-era galaxy considering that it's set more than 3,500 years in the past. I know this was a deliberate choice on BioWare's part and meant to make new players who'd only seen the movies feel familiar and at ease with the game's environment, but IMO they went a bit too far in the "familiar looks-wise" direction.

Still, TOR as a setting is different enough from the movies' era than I'm willing to overlook this flaw. There are thousands of Sith at war against a teetering but not fallen Republic, as opposed to just two Sith executing the culmination of a grand plan to take over the Republic. In TOR, the Jedi are fully aware of their foes' existence and where they can find/fight a lot of them, unlike the Jedi of the Clone Wars era, oblivous to the threat right under their noses, as well as being too detached from the galaxy and too attached to their traditions.

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Moderating your fellow posters is not your job, and baiting them is not your right.

got a question about this. i understand that we should not be baiting people or picking a fight, however if a thread is way off subject or if something is being spoiled in an improper manner, should we not police ourselves to some degree and say something?

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Speaking for myself only, I only do it if it's a discussion I'm running to begin with, or if it's so grossly off-topic as to be beyond doubt. In terms of this thread, as long as people are talking about some element of the Disney deal or ST, I think it's best to leave the finer distinctions up to the actual mods. How that applies to the situation you were quoting I don't remember.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Time to bring this thread back on to topic. The current topics are not directly related to the Sequel Trilogy or the Disney acquisition. The ancient Republic, Sith Lords, and the Massassi are taking this thread in the wrong direction. Any of these topics can be moved to new or existing threads.

--Adm. Nick

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We were talking about how the Sequel Trilogy could decanonize that stuff.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Understood, but when it turns into a multi-page discussion, it is best to create a separate thread. This thread should be focused on concrete news about the Sequel Trilogy and it's relation to the EU, not just filled with idle speculation.

--Adm. Nick

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Waiting for concrete news...

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the EU, towns are called Oakwood! The EU's dead!

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    In Soviet Russia, EU contradict you!

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

17. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thame_Cerulian

TheRedBlade likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  19. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    It just occurred to me concerning that casting call that while there's no possible twins via the ages, there's a male in his early to mid twenties and two girls in their late teens, well, remember, melting a dude took a lot out of Jacen and aged him physically by five years. And Jacen and Jaina were both in that age range with the NJO concluded! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

20. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    I don't see a major change in EU outside of post ROTJ. Maybe some post ROTS, but there's not 1000+ stories between ROTS & ANH like there is with post ROTJ. There's just waaaay too much material & Disney doesn't want to be handcuffed to it. And I can't blame them.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Pax Bandica likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Me neither. The average audience will be livid if Chewie's dead in VII just because the EU says so.

Also, http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-199999 Here's some information about the Marvel movie continuity and material set in it.

22. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    I was never a big post ROTJ fan. I looked at Anakin's redemption & the Emperor's demise as a perfect ending.

NEVER was a fan of cloning the Emperor & Luke's turn to the Darkside. Saw the Vong as kind of cheesy, though it's more interesting than rehashed versions of the Empire.

And I'm also not a fan of Legacy with Cade & the reign of a new Empire. Plus, why do artists think all Sith need to look either like Vader or Maul? And wasn't the point of the prequels that the "chosen one" was to destroy the Sith? Unless Anakin's force ghost is suppose to fufill that prophecy how will that be explained in the ST? You know they won't leave out the Sith in the ST.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: never mind

24. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I don't know if this has been brought up, but what if the 40 year old man is Jagged Fel and the sequel trilogy is actually the story of Allana Solo with Jagged and Jaina looking after her as adopted parents? Just an idea. It would mean that the Big 3 would actually be playing characters who are OLDER than them if my math is right :p

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    There would still need to be a "40-year-old woman" role for Jaina, and there isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.