main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens in the Media!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Dragon D, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    What precisely about the real core and, (hopefully) emotional drama of how the main protagonists and antagonists fit it into the story has been leaked? We know who Rey, Poe, Finn, Ren, Phasma and Kanata are. We don't know one iota about their backgrounds and history and their ultimate roles in the films story? Finns destiny is still a mystery. We know literally nothing about Poe, barring he's an ace pilot sent on a mission by Leia. Gleeson's, Serkis's, and MVS's characters identities are still not known. MSW has been given nothing on Luke and Leia so they've come to there own conclusion on Luke's role in relation to what they do know. Yeah, we know it all ;)

Rabs likes this.
  2. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Hey just wanted to say awesome avatar dude! Young Ones is my favorite all time show. Sorry to throw this off topic but just had to say it.

Bob Octa and Jcuk like this.
  3. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Thanks! Remembering watching it with my dad when I was a kid when it first aired. Huge fan :)

Artoo-Dion and Andy Wylde like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Max von Sydow confirmed as a a trooper of some kind! :)

"He had to work a lot of late nights, too, and he was a complete trooper."

Master_Lok, TK327, Jcuk and 3 others like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    One thing about that picture of the aliens in the new issue of VF was that it reminded way too much of the Troll market from Hellboy 2!

Hoggsquattle and Satipo like this.
  8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It does have a vibe of that, though just personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.

9. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    No definitely not a bad thing at all. It just really stood out to me as that. But it will be great to see these new aliens on screen.

Hoggsquattle and Satipo like this.
  10. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I haven't looked at the photo, but that description has me keen to see them in the movie. :)

I want to save as much as I can for the actual film, but it is very tempting to look at that photo. I know though, that if I look once, I'll keep coming back and examining it in greater detail each time. I'd rather see them in action in the movie a couple of times, and then analyse the photos to death :p

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Reminded me of Doctor Who ;)

Andy Wylde likes this.
  12. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    And what is funny about my post is that when I saw Hellboy 2 originally the Troll market scene gave me a SW vibe. Now it is vice versa!

Satipo and my kind of scum like this.
  13. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    Anyone know if the Vanity Fair digital issue releases at midnight?

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

(I am foggy on the exact phrase but... 'I suddenly have a craving for fried lavatory paper...'

Back on topic:

Interesting to hear Max was involved in night shoots.

Andy Wylde and Jcuk like this.
  15. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    the thing I noticed about the aliens pic is that not one of them is a familiar face, they are all new aliens

16. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    We
    we do know about luke and Leia in the movie. We know about every character and what scenes they have. The one character we don't know much about is UBER, that's about it but that's Cuz his role is small

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It was the first thing I noticed, and I love it. They fit in with the aesthetic of the original trilogy, but they're completely new.

Satipo likes this.
  18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    "We know every character and what scenes they have". Do we really? No disrespect, but that's not the way I see it at all I'm afraid. The way I see it is this, we are now aware of most (not all) of the main characters. We know who is good and who is bad. Much is still open to interpretation, but just a little is known regarding the new characters backgrounds. Rey is a scavenger, Finn a stormtrooper who defects etc. Kylo and Rey's perceived heritage is still a mystery. Poe's arc is unknown beyond he's on a mission at the request of Leia. The 2 factions are now known as the Resistance and the First Order. A pirates gang will feature. Blah blah ;)

19. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yep, you're right. And we have such a long way to go in terms of waiting to see the movie. Sometimes, I think that things could change down the line, if things are edited differently and different choices are made.

Jcuk likes this.
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just loved how they are all just People In Masks no CGI !

21. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I thought the alien to the left in the photo with the 'L' shaped fish-like head was familiar. Have a toy of him from the original trilogy somewhere, I believe. Other than that, though, completely new aliens from as far as I could tell. Really neat.

PymParticles likes this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Is the Vanity Fair Magazine coming out on May 12 or June 12 ?

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The L-shaped alien does look quite a bit like the hammerhead alien from the Mos Eisley cantina, but it's a different species. Unless, of course, I'm mistaken and that exact type of alien does in fact show up at some point in the OT.

May 12, but it goes out digitally the 7th. I'm planning on downloading it the second it becomes available.

24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Does the digital version of VF go up at midnight?

25. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I was just looking up the species I thought it was to see the similarities, so sorry I took so long to reply, but I think it's an Ithorian. Like you said, though, it could be a completely different species.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.