main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens in the Media!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Dragon D, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

VF actually confessed to that when they mentioned they had nothing else new once the Phasma photo was leaked. I'll save my credits to see the movie.

I won't be upset if no Luke, so I'll just temper my expectations and hope for something/someone else that's new to see instead (Leia)

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    DP - my bad.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    that is the world that we live in where everything is on the Interwebs ....

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  4. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Now our new robotic dentists will show you just how white your teeth should be.

Still, new preview article for TFA is always good.

starocean90 likes this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Today My sister was in Barnes And Noble and saw and picked up the Star Wars Vanity Fair Magazine, she did not charge me for it because last night I paid for hers and my Dinner at a Peruvian Chicken place and the night before I payed for A middle Eastern dinner at a Kabob place, and today I payed for Breakfast for her and the family for Mothers Day. I have not read the Magazine yet may be after The Simpsons and Bobs Burgers or tomorrow ?

Shamear likes this.
  7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
  8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Intriguing. Tell us more.

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
  10. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
  11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Thanks. ;)

Of course, I could have Google it myself but that never occurred to me :p

Seeher likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    In the Article they say Michael Arndt couldn't come up with an ending for the script so Abrams and Kasdan did a total rewrite of the script, which makes me think Arndt won't get a credit In the movie.....

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  13. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    My understanding was that the Arndt/ Lucas material was just a treatment, and not a script. Am I missing something?

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    not according to the Vanity Fair Article, Arndt was brought in from day one, well before Abrams was brought on board to write a script, but he hit a road block he couldn't come up with an ending so Abrams and Kasdan came to the rescue and basically scrapped the whole Arndt script and did a total rewrite of the script. one of the things that made Abrams sign on the dotted Line and Direct episode 7 was when Kathleen Kennedy told him that he had a blank canvas that Abrams could write the entire Script, that made Abrams feel like a kid again writing and directing films in his backyard with his friends, I am paraphrasing the article but that is the gist of it .....

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Lolol.

I don't blame Abrams. Directing Star Wars is one thing but getting to scrap a script and come up with your own story and leave a mark in Star Wars history?...... That would sell it for anyone. lol

16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Dangggg. Couldn't come up with an ending? That's surprising. But I guess it happens even to the best of them.

Here's the thing though, don't we have leaked early concept art that must have been drawn during the Arndt script phase? And some of those images match closely with what we've seen or are rumored to be happening in TFA. So...hasn't something of Arndt's script survived?

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The issue of Total Film is out. I believe it's just the Celebration images they're promising on the cover.

18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm guessing the concepts must have been drawn up while they were exploring various angles. It's not dissimilar from George's process on the PT at times. There was no script until the last minute IIRC. What he did have from early on was the concept department exploring various angles that he would take ideas from, then feed back in to the artists as he developed the story, and so on...

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I honestly don't know weather the leaked concept art was from the Arndt script or not, you might be right? but I am just going on what the Vanity Fair Article said and I have always found Vanity Fair to be a reputable Magazine and they have always done great star wars issues, that being said I found most of the article to be a let's pick on George Lucas and the Prequels and that surprised me because of Vanity Fairs great Prequel issues :(

20. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Nothing new in the Total Film. Just photos from Celebration and screen shots from the Trailer.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I know this is off topic but, I just got the Jurassic World Empire Magazine with Collectable Cover with I-Rex and the three claw Marks, It just came in the mail today, I am in heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

Was it, "The Chicken Place" in Falls Church?

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    No It is in Maryland!

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Not exactly the right place for this, but I don't know where is.

Luc Besson is adapting the Valerian comics into movie form, for anyone familiar with that connection to Star Wars.

I wonder if he had been developing it for a long time, or if Star Wars' return to cinema has influenced Valeria this time around. [face_thinking]

25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    no Besson has been working on this movie since before SW was sold to Disney.:)
    and Valerian and Laureline is older than SW 77.[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.