main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens in the Media!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Dragon D, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
  2. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I thought I've seen a thread with the exact same title…

3. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    yes. I found one. It had not been posted in since may and is littered with old links.

It was between "necro-bumping" or starting a fresh thread that is focused on pre release hype in the media.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, there was a previous thread and the correct thing to do would have been to post in that thread. I've gone ahead and merged rather than lock.

5. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015
    What is the time length on these things. I mean necro bumping is not allowed either.

6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Anything in this forum wouldn't really be considered "necroposting". We ask that if there is already a thread you use that one, there's no reason to have multiple threads on the exact same specific topic, this forum hasn't been around that long.
    I wouldn't consider last post in May being necroposting anyway, especially for a thread that has a specific timeline of life (It's for TFA, so once that has been out for a bit, the thread probably won't be used any longer).

7. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015
    thanks for the response.

Its just hard to start a new discussion here because with 1500 topics total it is almost impossible to find something that has not already been discussed over the past few years in some form. I know I find it annoying at times have a topic that has hundreds if not thousands of post and only a few being relevant.

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    FYI- I changed how I worded it because while technically there is a rule against 'necro-posting' it doesn't really apply here since it's only considered necro-posting if there is no relevance/new info. It really just applies to the JCC.

Yes, quite a lot of the topics have already been discussed/already have threads, just jump right into those threads and discuss rather than start your own thread. I'm sorry if it's annoying to see a thread with lots of posts, but that's how forums work.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please PM me and I'd be happy to talk about it there rather than continue to derail this thread.

9. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Anyway... here's Stephen Colbert on the new trailer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.