main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens in the Media!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Dragon D, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

You need to stop while you're ahead.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    seems like the 5 pages from the Vanity Fair magazine are already online.:D[face_party][face_dancing]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Holy Guacamole!

How do you find this stuff?

If I knew how to say thank you in Huttese, I would. But I don't so Basic will have to do... starocean90 :D

4. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Revenge Of The Fifth!

Pro Scoundrel and Seeher like this.
  5. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    don't mean to double post but I love the fact that they remembered the dice in the millennium Falcon!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  6. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    OBI-WAN is my co-pilot....hmmmm:eek:

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    that's a trade secret.;)

8. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

#RealFansRespectTheOpinionsOfOtherFans....EvenIfTheyDifferFromYourOwn.

9. DarkSpooler

DarkSpooler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2015
    That's one of the reasons why I'm ready for being disappointed with TFA.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I honestly feel bad to those who don't like certain SW adaptations, I love all 6 movies +TCW+Rebels.:D

sizziano likes this.
  11. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
  12. DarkSpooler

DarkSpooler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2015
    He
    He wasn't that bad....

Shamear likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update my previous Vanity Fair pages post with my missing page it's the one after the Lupita/GC pic.:D[face_dancing][face_party]

JBFett007 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    This isn't media but is advertising related, not sure if this has been said in a previous post but I took the wife to Kohl's department store today.

All their employees were celebrating May 4th.

Each had on a SW shirt.

One of the employees told me Kohl's is actually a sponsor of TFA.

15. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003

Nice. I was supposed to go to TRU just to see what they may have going on. But never made it. I spent too much time at bookstore...but at least I got my copy of LOTS! I can't wait to start reading it TONIGHT--well, soon.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    reading the Vanity Fair magazine concerning VII, I have to say it's disheartening to read the anti-PT parts.:rolleyes:[face_dunno]

Shamear, Skaddix and KenW like this.
  17. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    I love 1-6 and Clone Wars, but Disney is quickly producing enough Star Wars content that I might soon hate more than half the content too. Then, I guess I won't be a Star Wars fan, I concede, but a Lucascanon fan. Finally I'll know what it's like for people who didn't like the PT.

Cyreides and starocean90 like this.
  18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't know, I think they were pretty fair, and if you're going to give a brief account of the franchise's history, it'd be kind of glaring to gloss over that part.

PymParticles likes this.
  19. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I know this is the June issue of Vanity Fair, but is it already out? Or if not, when is its newsstand release?

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    a few fans that are anti-PT isn't the majority as the majority are the general audiences that will never say "Lucas raped my childhood" or cry about Jar Jar ruining the PT in the first place, things like that have no place in this and if they wanted they could have given a history of the franchise without bashing/criticizing anything.[face_not_talking]

KenW likes this.
  21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It's out this Thursday digitally, and on newstands May 12th. I'm curious, because the article cuts off mid-sentence, so unless they just wrap the whole thing up on one more text-only page, there has to be more images.

22. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Vanity Fair's articles are usually like 12 pages long. They're very in depth.

PymParticles likes this.
  23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think that's fair too. I guess that this is reality intruding again, as it will continue to do so up until release. I get that people don't like having to read that something they love isn't universally loved, but there is nothing in those pages that's particularly inaccurate other than I suppose there could have been a para about the many who also love the PT.

Personally, I find the lack of a whitewash on the issue to be a good thing.

24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Unless I'm misremembering (and I just did a quick skim to check), the word "majority" was neither used nor implied. It said that Jar Jar represented the worst traits of the PT for "many" fans (which is hard to argue with) and that "most" moguls in Lucas' league never had to hear about childhoods being raped (which is also hard to argue with).

Good, well-written pieces like this VF piece have a narrative to them. This one will be "Star Wars was bold and daring in 1977; it lost its way in later years, but Kennedy and Abrams are righting the ship for a triumphant return." And is anyone really surprised by this narrative, even if it's not how you'd frame it? It's what I've been predicting for over a year now.

25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    If the PT weren't divisive (for very valid reasons) articles like that wouldn't exist. It would be a eulogy to the entire saga of classics. It doesn't stop anyone's equally valid love for any of the film's either, but let's not try and revise reality here.

Surely no one here would expect an article in the Matrix trilogy to eulogise all 3 films, or for a retrospective on the LOTR and Hobbit films to act as if all 6 received the same critical and audience acclaim.

Like the PT, the Tolkien films have an army of passionate fans and are all hugely successful commercially but is anyone going to seriously argue the general consensus is the same across LOTR and the Hobbit?

The two Tolkien trilogies are hugely comparable to the SW trilogies in terms of reception (though I'd argue that the consensus would be that ROTK stuck the landing better than ROTJ).

And on that ROTJ note, would anyone here expect an ROTJ retrospective that didn't include several well aimed and well deserved swipes at the Ewoks? I'm sure if we go back to the build up to TPM, the Ewoks got their fair share of knocks along the way as hopes for the next instalment were discussed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.