main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Planets: A Guide

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by thejeditraitor, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thane_Kyrell

Thane_Kyrell Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2016
    Ah ok. I thought this was an updated map. Since Lost Stars Mentions D'Qar I figured it was.

2. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Admin i would edit my other post but for some reason i cannot

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  3. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    i updated my map with more planets (now included with it are Known Space)
    note the names are subject to change and i cannot say the names are 100% correct for any one of them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  4. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    All maps highlight a route crossing the Outer Rim towards into the Unknown Regions, ending in the holomap piece where the secret jedi planet is... is that relevant?

5. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    i am not sure what you mean?

6. IG Lancer

Feb 8, 2015
    Look at the line of points that goes from Wst_ott to Zonama Sekot, passing through Sot, Pae, Gavago an Atidne:
    [​IMG]

Kashuula Korulanlaa likes this.
  7. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    those are lines that cross the hole map are coordinates (degrees(coreward to rimward)use this map for reference (milky way map)
    [​IMG]
    Man! our galaxy is beautiful the essential atlas should have the details of the are like in this map, because if you look at the arm in the essential atlas, there plain and it make very boring and a personal point of view ugly[face_tired]I-)

...and here is my updated map that is aligned perfect( even fix the 3d off axis problem) and evey this seems to be in the right place
    Note: the names are subject to change and i cannot say the names are 100% correct for any one of them( but are very accurate)
    [​IMG]

8. IG Lancer

Feb 8, 2015
    No, I'm not speaking of the coordinates. Look at the planets I mentioned in the picture I reposted, and you will see a zigzaging yellow line that is clearly not a coordinate line.

9. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002

I always thought that line charted Luke's journey.

10. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    Yes it is but i think he is saying that you did not need to start at hutt space (at or around xolu to be exact) to get to the Unknown regions it doesn't really any make sense
    .....but have been looking at the map for a while and there are no existing names of planet they are all new and the stars with no name are existing system but you could not tell their what they are

11. IG Lancer

Feb 8, 2015
    Well, somebody added them to this picture:
    [​IMG]

Anyways, it is weird that Luke had to cross half the Galaxy in order to reach that planet or to map the route to the planet. I mean, he could start the route at the clossest known planet (Bakura? Endor? Jakku?)

Kashuula Korulanlaa likes this.
  12. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    yes he could just have done this
    [​IMG]

Sorry Master[src];....... about the misunderstanding.
    oh and the names of the planets i translated from Aurebesh i while watching the movie and what i meant is og on to wookieepedia and search the planet names because they don't exist yet (EXCEPT for these planets/systems Ilum, The Starkiller Base, Rakata Prime, Lehon, Zonama Sekot, Yoggoy, Pesfavri, Ahch-To, Volik, The Utegetu Nebula, and Jakku)

13. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    bb-8 map in detail
    names guide
    Green=existing and 100% correct letter(s) in it name

Yellow= pretty certain on these letters

Red= hardly can tell the spelling of the letters in the name

Pink= obvious places/objects you can tell by looking at them

[​IMG]

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think Luke knew where the first Temple was. He went searching for it. I don't know how long that took or how he discovered it's location. For instance, he could still be in contact with Obi-Wan and Yoda and perhaps was told to go there but didn't know how to get there. So the yellow line shows his path, but not where he finally ends up.

But at any rate, I'm guessing the yellow line also represents a hyperspace lane. As is said in ANH, you can't just go to hyperspace without precise coordinates without the risk of flying through a star, etc.

So I think the section of the map R2 had was documenting a largely unknown area of space and precisely which map he was on, while the rest of the map that BB-8 had was needed to identify the route to get there. That's not to say that they needed to start all the way on one end of the galaxy. It could merely be like a freeway, with the map showing the various "entrance" and "exit ramps."

15. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    here an example of my table of the SWTFA planet guide that i am currently working on.
    [​IMG]

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Yeah, I think you have a good point about that yellow line showing the best route via hyperdrive to get to Luke's hideout... I presume that planet is quite a long way from D'Qar and the fastest (possibly only) way to get there is at light speed... But until the discovery of the map, no one in the Resistance knew how to get there!

What better ship to do that drive than with yours truly, as she's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy...

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

^^ THIS

18. cjcheri

cjcheri Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2016
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    first page

.[​IMG]

20. cjcheri

cjcheri Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2016
    Thanks. Better.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

thejeditraitor likes this.
  21. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    Absolutely, Luke wasn’t able to identify the planet which the temple was located on. But I am speaking approximately only about the Resistance, they didn’t need to have all of Luke’s journey through that specific Route, because the itinerary aforementioned passes by Rakata Prime (which has a route leading to Luke path to Ahch-To)...but it doesn't really matter because they took the route, and didn't splatter their self all over a realspace mass

22. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Did they ever release where Jelucan is? All info says is outer rim.

23. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    well by looking at wookieepedia i can tell you this
    1) it was settled in about 500 BBY, so this means it is probable that it is more Coreward than Lothal (possibly around VVV purple areas)
    [​IMG]
    Image URL
    2) it was first controlled by the CIS so it would be in the area that would be controlled by the CIS
    [​IMG]
    Image URl

24. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Cool I will take a look when I am on my computer. Kindle displays too small.

25. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Jan 18, 2016
    i would say it located somewhere the imperial remnant/ the new territories (northwestern part of the Outer Rim)
    here a link to read the essential atlas on line : Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.