main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Plot Spoiler Storyboards

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by thehiredgun, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehiredgun

thehiredgun Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 27, 2002

Kylo may be related as well... and it would make sense to have him be the new Anakin.

If the line is in the movie, then it seems unlikely that you'd have dialog during the flashback other than Maz telling the others the story - to have Mark actually use his voice during that scene would be odd in my opinion. It feels right when you imagine Rey going to Luke and asking him about the Family and why she has been cursed with the Force. It then feels odd that she doesn't remember Luke - but there's clearly something missing in all of this.

Strange Old Hermit likes this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    As the story stands now, it's the only way it does make sense for me. This whole goose chase with the lightsaber (and to nod @ ANH, BB-8) being a Macguffin only works if Luke is indeed her father and Rey's story up to this point mirrors Luke's leading up to ANH. However Rey and Luke would have one major difference...choice. Luke was given no choice which has been talk about by JJ and the filmmakers. He been hidden without his knowledge on a backwards planet and one day he finds out that his father was this great Jedi Knight and is instructed by his father's "good friend" it's his destiny to destroy the Empire and defeat the Emperor/Vader. In this though, the Bespin saber acts as a Excalibur/Sword of Destiny that Rey either has the choice of accepting or not. That is why Rey is repulsed by it when she first sees it. She does not want Luke's life...I can almost see her saying this to Luke when they first meet up:

[​IMG]

And the fact that Luke hide the message inside the saber on how to find him, is really just a red herring or part of the MacGuffin factor. Luke could gotten a message of "if you need me, come find me here" treasure hunt to Leia/Resistance in a whole slew of different ways. Luke choose the Bespin saber because it's the most sacred family relic (though it did slaughter children with a crazy Anakin at the helm) and it's destiny lies with Rey if she chooses it.

Personally, I still think the Bespin saber is one of the more weaker plot devices though in this context (the story arc and what I wrote), it does make sense and ultimately works. If Rey is just some stranger, then it holds zero emotional weight (which is the whole point of it really being in the movie outside of being nostalgia for nostalgia sake) and the saber plot device (which IMO is one of the main keys if not the biggest key to the movie) collapses like wet taco. Again it only works if it's a father/daughter reunion at the end where Luke is like Ben (except a lot more honest) in ANH explaining the family to his daughter and her picking up the saber as a symbolic moment of taking up the family curse/gift.

[​IMG]

It be basically that scene except with Rey finally picking up the saber up and turning it on as Luke nods with approval instead of Obi-Wan.

3. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    This is really well done. Reminds of the "scriptment" I put together back in the day for Episode II (but WAY more cool looking!)

4. thehiredgun

Aug 27, 2002
    The format reminds me of my favorite book from childhood... the 1978 Star Wars Story Book

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thank you! it was a great read indeed.

6. thehiredgun

Aug 27, 2002

Thanks for the support. I just made and update to address some of the formatting issues on the page that mobile users had complained about and tried to improve the scrolling.

Once the trailer is out in a few weeks, I'll have a pretty significant update along with it. It's a labor of love at this point.

- THG

Luke02 and Jaxxon- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.