main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Force Awakens strategies. And tips.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Pancellor Chalpatine, Dec 12, 2015.

?

Got specific plans or tips for people?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Haven't decided yet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    Okay I don't know if you're still on this site or just avoiding it completely with france having the movie out today, but I was woundering if you (Or anyone reading this) could help me out. My theatre only has a robot to be called. So I cant call, I don't have a car to drive to the theatre and ask, I'll have to wait until the cars come back later today and PRAY they have gas left. But if I do go to the theatre and ask for the 3D glasses early, will they give them to me? Because I had a friend pick up the tickets to AVOID WAITINING IN LINE, however they didn't give us the glasses, so I'll probably have to wait in line anyway. YAY! (Sarcasm obvious enough? lol)

Does anyone know if going to the theatre when I can today is a waste of time or if (hopefully) they SHOULD have gave me the glasses, and that I just need to ask for em? Cause if I don't get em early I have no idea how long a line I'll possibly have to wait, and I don't wanna wait to long out there, and I sure as heck don't wanna miss out on good seating and or screentime. Can anybody help me out? It'd be MUCH appreciated.

2. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I started ROJ yesterday but did not finish. I might today. I am filling in the new Star Wars canon. I finally finished "Star Wars: Clone Wars" last week and yesterday read the first 5 issues of "Kanan - The Last Padawan" comic series (it was way better than I was expecting). I will be skipping "Dark Disciple" (for now) but will finish up "Tarkin" sometime today. I am listening to the audio book so that is easier. I am hoping to start "A New Dawn" after that and should be able to finish that before tomorrow's TFA showing.

It will be very difficult to completely stay away. But Youtube is out. I subscribe to too many geek channels.

Almost there!

3. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah it's best to stay off youtube. I don't trust dash star completely not to spoil stuff with titles. He's a bit of a click baiter, but I still love his channel. Honestly anything involving news I'm avoiding today and tomorrow. I'm also doing the Tarkin audiobook, I haven't finished yet but it made me really love the character so much. it's great. best novel they have out now, accept maybe lords of the sith, I still need to listen to that, I have it downloaded though.

Gus X likes this.
  4. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    There is so much material out there, it is hard to know which to consume first. "Tarkin" is pretty excellent so far.

I have not read any reviews but through people here in the NSA forum, I have a very good idea as to how the movie is being received.

That is as far as I am willing to go.

When you buy tickets, part of that price is to buy (not rent) 3D glasses. One thing you can try is to call the theater chain (AMC, Regal, Cinemark, or whatever). Find out from their corporate office what is their policy. Maybe they can give you the direct line to the theater. At the very least, they should let you know your best option to avoid having to wait in that dreaded line.

I hope that helps. :)

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  5. Kajash

Kajash Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    To pass the time, I try to work and watch Star Wars related videos on Youtube, Making of stuff and period reports from the 70s, 80s. I'll wear a SW shirt to the premiere. I'll go with my work friends and my brother.

BBC just uploaded few fun interviews to it's Youtube page from 79-80.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BBC/videos

6. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Awesome.. watching now. This is hilarious. But now I am taken away from listening to "Tarkin". :)

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Useless fact - if you factor in the ratio of car accidents to plane crashes with how often people use those modes of transportation, the rate of casualties is about the same.

8. Kajash

May 15, 2002

Glad you've enjoyed them.

Interviews with Keshner, Fischer, Prowse, Daniels and Ford:

Gus X likes this.
  9. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Meh, I'm not afraid of either one. I just think it's sad some people let paranoiya rule them. People afraid to see a movie. A movie. Their lose.

10. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    We're all finding ways of being spoiler free and urging on for this new movie, it's so nice.

Honestly without the new Star Wars films to give me my Star Wars fix I'd have to go back to my old Habit of grinding up Star Wars DVDS into a fine powder and snorting it. :T

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Papercuts! Seriously though, that doesn't make any sense.

12. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. I like how it says about waiting 3 years for the next movie. Well, I saw it when I was 10 years old in the theater and yes, that was a loooong 3 years. Its hard to convey that to some people these days...

I did, however, make my son wait 3 years before seeing ESB after I showed him ANH. <- true story...

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  13. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    That's child cruelty! Lol. At least he'll appreciate them more maybe, I saw all 3 VHS tapes of the OT as my start to the franchise....loved every minute of it.
    Hell I find waiting 1 year for rouge 1 tough, though technically it's under a year now I believe.

14. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Somehow I knew you were going to say that. But get this, I also made him watch 3 years to see ROJ. lol

Kids these days have more to distract them along the wait. Back then, we had NOTHING.

That being said, he is now 15 and is going with me to see TFA awakens twice tomorrow night, so on Friday, he will be the coolest kid in his school.

15. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    HAHA XD

Yeah, I know what you mean, I was born in 93, which isn't the same as you I'm sure but I was born to be a kid before everyone had basically a computer in their pocket (Phone) Heck it was special in the early 2000's to even have a phone! Now every little kid has a tablet, smartphone. It's the new baby sitter.

It's good to show it to your son tomorrow, twice even! That's some good parenting. Bonding with Star Wars with your family is sacred in my eyes. When/if I have kids in the future I'm making sure they get the movies in production order.

Gus X likes this.
  16. Kajash

May 15, 2002
    I'm from Hungary, ANH came out in '79 when I was 2, but the time ESB premiered in '82 I went to movie as a boy who've seen the film at least a dozen times. In 1984 there was a kind of pirated showing of ROTJ with not dubbing but by a women translating the lines live. And there was only one projector, so every reel change meant a small intermission. Great times.

Then a few years later a schoolmate were trying to convince me that his older brother has "the new Star Wars, called Clone Wars" on VHS. he has driven me crazy for months.

17. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Haha, memories! Some people have a weird urge to LIE about Star Wars, it was MUCH easier a decade ago and before that, people used to lie so much about the existence of episode 7 and they said stuff like they read George's Script. XD

Gus X likes this.
  18. Kajash

May 15, 2002
    People lie about these things because that puts them in a position of power. "I know some things you don't".

Gus X likes this.
  19. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    But it's fake, I don't know why people do that, like I know but I don't get it because it's pathetic to live a lie. Focus on making yourself better for REAL. It's like when somebody lies about having a girlfriend it's like....I don't care you don't have a girlfriend. I don't find any shame in that, lieing on the other hand is a coward's response to a problem.

20. Kajash

May 15, 2002
    It doesn't matter if it's fake or not in that moment from their perspective. Like this dude used it to become friendly with me so he could copy my homework.:)

21. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015