main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Survey for you all...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BretHart, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    1. Are you ok with Leia and Han not being together after ROTJ ? Yes, it felt natural.

2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ? Overall, yes. It could have been less predictable.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain ? Yes, for the first movie in a trilogy. We still have questions about him, but we should.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ? YES, Rey was amazing, and Finn was hilarious. Can't wait to see more of them together.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ? It didn't necessarily bother me, but it weighed the plot down unnecessarily. It wasn't needed at all, and the only purpose it served was to be a throwback to the original.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ? More Poe, more Snoke, more Leia, more Luke

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ? It didn't sit right with me the first viewing, but I understand why it was done. Once the trilogy is finished and can be watched back-to-back, it'll probably make more sense to people.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ? Rey vs Kylo Ren

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ? The whole rathtar sequence.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible ? Not at all. I'm excited to learn more about him.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ? It's my second favorite, next to Luke vs Vader in ESB.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ? Disappointed. I expected more, something of a Yoda-type character. I just didn't feel too strongly one way or the other about her.

13. Was Rey too powerful ? Not necessarily. I think we'll learn more about her in Episode VIII.

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ? It was a little redundant, but it worked.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ? See question 9.

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ? The first appearance of the Millennium Falcon

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ? It was alright. Definitely not the best of his work.

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ? Better

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ? No, it's too good.

20. Who was your favorite new character ? Rey!

lookameatbag likes this.
  2. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    1. Are you ok with Leia and Han not being together after ROTJ ?
    No
    2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ?​
    Not the way it was portrayed, no, but I wanted him to die for the dramatic factor; it's just shouldn't have been at the hands (no pun intended) of his own son, nor tossed off like it was.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain?​
    No, he's a well played character but does not work as an out-and-out villain. All the Vader worship is a much too self-aware plot device, too.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ?​
    Not really, no. I shudder to think how they'll carry the next two films.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ?​
    Definitely not. I'm happy with super weapons but they should move on from spherical ones that carry the plot.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ?​
    More new characters that mean more to the plot, rather than simply a pair or trio of cliquey leads - been there, done that.

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ?​
    Not without him saying anything, no.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ?​
    The first few minutes before Poe went and spoiled it by being too cocky too early. Let that characters earn our respect first.

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ?​
    The lightsaber fight near the end. The term 'Mary Sue' is not the type of language I usually use, being too deeply entrenched in popular culture, but it's shorthand for the reason for why I don't like the scene.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible?​
    No, simply not explained enough.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies?​
    See question '9', though I have no real problems with the choreography.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ?​
    Nothing much suffice to say that her voice was bland.

13. Was Rey too powerful ?​
    Most definitely.

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ?
    Not really, I thought they were much too powerful, too early. The Star Wars saga is in danger of endless repeating itself ad infinitum with only the barest of differences.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ?​
    I liked the two factions and the guy with the Scottish accent... I thought his character had potential (I bet we never see him again) but the monsters themselves were crap.

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ?​
    The way visuals have come a long way. I don't watch a lot of modern films so, in that way, it shouldn't be surprising. Nothing in terms of plot or character development, however.

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ?​
    Didn't really notice it much, that's probably not good.

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ?​
    I probably like moments in the prequels better; TFA was style over substance just like those, earlier, films; it just hid it better.

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ?​
    For sure.

20. Who was your favorite new character ?​
    Kylo.

3. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015

4. astinus4

astinus4 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Finn

5. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    A bit sad that they didn't end up living so happily ever after, but I can live with it as they still seemed to care for each other in the film.

2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ?
    :( No but it was done in a very decent way - his death had meaning.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain ?
    Yes. He was excellent. Even though I KNEW that Han was toast (I was spoilt), Adam Driver had me doubting that this would happen by making me actually care about his vile character.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ?
    I LOVED Rey which surprised me as I was under the impression that she would be a one note humourless heroine from the trailers. I was suprised by how much I cared about her by the end of the Jakku scenes.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ?
    Eh. I suppose so. I would have been happier if the base had merely been disabled. The explosion of the Hosnian systems was very well done.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ?
    Rey, Finn, Ren and Poe. (well done JJ for not making me put Luke and Leia first)

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ?
    Yes. I knew that the films would concentrate on the new characters and Luke's entrance was EPIC.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ?
    The whole "day in the life of Rey" scenes - loved the music and Daisy was brilliant in showing what Rey's life was like. I loved the bit where she was trying out the pilots helmet.

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ?
    Rathgars. I was bored by the monster chasing bits.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible ?
    Not on screen enough to make a judement.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ?
    Better than all of the PT (including ROTS). The Empire and Jedi duels had more subtext and meaning, so more of an emotional impact.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ?
    Meh. She was better than I had thought (not too "cute" thank goodness). I am not overtly enamoured of her.

13. Was Rey too powerful ?
    Nope. She was barely able to take care of herself in Jakku or stand up to Unkar Plutt. i felt that her character arc was fine.

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ?
    Yes, though a bit confused as to what exactly the "Resistance" were "resisting".

15. Did you enjoy the Rathgar monster scene ?
    No. Only moment when I was bored as I knew that the heros would be fine. The shoe dropping off the soon to be dead gang member was a cute touch though..

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ?
    "BEN" (i was pretty spoilt tbh). The frozen laser blast was pretty cool.

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ?
    Yes, I loved Reys Theme, Finn's confession, the Jedi Steps and the Starkiller (the latter is very haunting), but I missed an epic choral number like the awesome music in tht PT>

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ?
    Much, much better (sorry PT).

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ?
    Would it be wise to upset a wookie? (HELL NO!)

20. Who was your favorite new character ?
    BB-8 (!) and Rey... and Finn .. hell .. add Kylo/Ben, Poe ... and maybe even Hux.

(btw. this survey is inherently affected by selection bias ;) )

6. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    That and Han going back to smuggling works for me. Never liked their relationship (as portrayed, the actors chemistry wasn't the problem), but it work much better in this film IMO.

Yes, it is the best part of the movie, aside frrom maybe a few Rey-Finn interaction on the MF.

A little bit. For him to feel developed I would need a contrast, and he seems like the same guy who killed his father before and after.

Absolutely. Perfect honestly, although I need more consequences of having been raised as a trooper.

No.

The characters, politics and Kylo's Cross guard.

If he is utilized correctly in VIII.

Han's death or Rey and Finn celebrating their escape in the MF.

The Rathtar sequence in it's entirety, shortly followed by the every scene envolving the superlaser (especially the emotionless and illogical solar system firing) and planning the rebel attack.

He looked pretty lame. hopefully he is more foreboding in person

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ?
    Not at all. But it shouldn't be. It works for me as long as Rey has prior training and Finn is FS.

Indifferent other than the one line about chewie which i enjoyed

if she has no prior training? absolutely

Yes but only for one movie.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtar monster scene ?
    No, I disliked everything about it except Chewie and Finn.

Probably when Kylo stopped a bolt with his mind, the rest wasn't very surprising other than Rey being to powerful, but that wasn't so much surprising as much as they went a little further than i expected

Yes but more so outside the theater

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worse than the prequels ?
    Worse. by a lot. all six of the original saga are top 20 movies all time for me. this one might be in the bottem of the top 100.

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ?
    instantly.

Finn and Rey together (as in their relationship)

7. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012

Not really. I can't stand it when couples break it off off-screen then seemingly make up in the following movie. It's the same problem I had with Indiana Jones series with Indy and Marion breaking it off with no explanation until Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It was a very well done scene but I saw it coming even before the movie released (without reading any spoilers). It was too predictable.

No. I felt his motivation were weak and half-way through the movie he became tiresome. There just wasn't enough information there for me to feel any sort of attachment to the character.

Rey is good, but she was capable of doing way too much. Finn was good as well, but his comic relief got in the way of my enjoyment quite a few times. "Who's in charge now, Phasma? WHO'S IN CHARGE NOW?!" Same with Kylo Ren, I felt their motivation were a bit on the weak side.

Absolutely not. This was just lazy. No matter how much they tried to make it any different, it served the exact same function as the Death Star.

Creativity.

No. The entire scene amounted to nothing more for me than "TO BE CONTINUED". Luke really should have served more purpose to the story.

Rey's vision

"No, this was the Death Star...this is Starkiller Base."

Not terrible, but he had nothing to offer of worth to the movie.

No, but it's not the weakest lightsaber duel in the saga. Then again, it's certainly not the strongest.

Basically just there to serve the plot and disappears. I despised her answer to Han where she got Luke's lightsaber, which was just flat out lousy writing.

Yes. Besides one scene she was capable to doing everything on her own because...there was no answer. It will probably be answered in a later movie.

No. This aspect of the movie bored me.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ?

It served no purposed at all really and should have been deleted.

Realizing there were no surprising moments in the entirety of TFA.

The score was fine, but it was certainly not as memorable as the score from the rest of the saga.

Worse. Acting was better and I guess on a technical it advanced. But the story was very boring at times and I felt nothing outside of the fan service moments.

No. Lucas was done. I wish he would have had more of a creative hand in the movie, but it's apparent Disney didn't have nearly same ambition.

Poe Dameron

8. Pluvial

Pluvial Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    So, if Quinlan were to touch Palpatine's blade, can he now cast some wicked lightning?

9. james92rogers

james92rogers Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Luke/ Snoke

Yes

the thumbs up

recharging the sun

No, we haven't had a chance to see him fully yet, we didn't meet the Emperor properly till Episode 6 after in the OT

Yes and no, I enjoyed them and they fitted the need for the film

liked her

no

yes

yes

R2 barely being in it

loved it

much better

hell no

BB-8

10. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Good question. Probably not.

For one thing, the Jedi don't approve of using that ability on deadly weapons, for exactly that reason: you don't want to take the emotions and thoughts that go through a dark sider's mind when he's fighting and put all that directly into your own mind. For another, Rey's version seems more "weaponized." Quinlan Vos can see what you did in the past, but I don't think he does a Mega Man and just out-and-out steals advanced skills. When she's doing crazy acrobatic flips in the Falcon, screaming that she doesn't know how she's doing it, but still winning with one jammed turret, one unmanned turret, and no co-pilot... I don't think Vos' version is quite that useful. Like in Hellboy, when Abe is touching Kronen's weapon, he sees the past, but he doesn't gain the ability to fight like Kronen. Vos is more like that. Rey is more video-gamey — Ding! you have unlocked Reverse Grip Blitz Combo Lv. 1!

So if Vos touches Palpatine's saber, my guess is he gets a major download of seriously bad stuff, but he probably can't then just shoot lightning instantly because of it.

11. owl89

owl89 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Neutral.

Rey and Kylo duking it out!

Yes.

Rey's Intro & Han appearing.

Starkiller Base.

I'm indifferent to him at the moment.

Yes! I like how raw it felt and how dramatic the setting was.

Didn't particularly think the design is memorable but she's ok.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

When Kylo removed his mask. Didn't think he'd do it that early.

Yes.

Better.

No XD

Rey

12. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Rey. Although Poe really had me at "who talks first?"

13. DarthTino

DarthTino Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2016
    First of all,great questions!

No.I can understand why they are not together

it was sad to see Han die,but the scene was well made i want to see what effect it will have on Kylo Ren and the other characters in episode 8.Also it was very predictable.I knew this will happen when Kylo Ren said "Han Solo",when they arrived at starkiller base.

Yes.He had much more character development than Darth Vader did in Episode 4.In just one film Adam Driver did what Hayden Christensen couldnt do in 2 films-he played very well a conflicted character.

YES!.I love both of them.I was sceptical about Rey,before i saw the movie,but Daisy Ridley played amazing.John Boyega also played great.He was mostly a comedic relief,but he was able to play serious too.It was great when he told Rey,that he was stormtrooper.It took alot of guts for him to do that.

i wish they did something more original,but still was okay with it.

i would want to see something more upredictable and original.

yes.In 20 seconds his look said so much without words.

-all Rey intro scenes on Jakku
    -Rey,Finn and BB8 in the Falcon
    -Rey force pulling Anakin's lightsaber.
    I can name more,but these are my favourite.

Hux's speech ala Hitler.All scenes with Leia.

I want to see more of him to give a verdict.

It was much better than the prequels.It was raw,brutal and looked real.Also there was tension between the characters and that's what all duels in star wars should be.You could feel that tension in the original trilogy,but not in the PT.The duels in PT had way too much choreography.

i liked her,but felt weird for me when she was talking about the force,somehow didnt feel organic.

i am tired of hearing these "Mary Sue" comments about her.It's in the star wars tradition that the main character is very good mechanic,pilot and very strong with the force and comes from a "sand" planet.She was capable of many things,but her background can explain that.She has been dropped by her parents on Jakku,when she was very little,so she has spend alot of time alone and from my experience too,you learn alot more things this way,because you can't count on anyone else and she wasn't perfect.She is lonely,very naive.She is stuck in the past and believes that her parents are coming,when it's obvius they will not.She believed that Finn is from the resistance and it was clear he was lying.
    Also she isn't perfect.Before flying the falcon,she was very nervous and insecure "i can do this,i can do this" and after they escaped from jakku,she was very surprised how she did it.And she was not too powerful with the Force.She she did beat Kylo Ren,when he was questioning her,but i think that's because,she has very strong will and never quit's.She is fighter spiritually and mentally.She needed 2-3 attempts against the stormtrooper and even forgot to tell him to drop his weapon.When she met Finn,she didnt know how to explain everything.She was confused and didnt know what is happening to her and that duel with Kylo Ren-he was weakened both physycally and emotionaly and was not at his best.
    Many people call her "Mary Sue",but there is alot more about her that meets the eye.I wonder if people would have called her "Mary Sue",if she was a guy.Probably not.

yes.

yes.The scene with the 2 gangs told us alot about Han and we saw the Han from the OT.it was great,but i didnt like the design of the monsters.

I went completely unspoiled,so few things surprised me.The first was when Kylo ren stopped the blaster shot from Poe.

Yes.I feel like the music in the other 6 episodes is better,but was still good.He is very old now,people cant expect him to be at his very best.

YES.Much much much much better.The PT was better on technical level.It had great planets,ships,creatures etc,but what lacked was the human element.Characters had very poor development.The dialogue was terrible,Hayden Christensen was awful,but in his defence,no one can say "don't like sand it's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere".Jar Jar was terrible.The Force Awakens on the other hand didnt have many new ships,or awesome planets,but what worked were the charactes.They were great and the dialogue was much better.

No way in hell.Lucas did too much damage to star wars.It started with return of the jedi(unoriginal plot,second death star,ewoks,too many special effects",PT(jar jar,midichlorians,hayden Christens,awful dialogue,too much CGI etc).

Rey.Close second is BB8,but i like all of them.Definetely the characters were the best part about the movie.

14. jediela83

jediela83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Rey

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well for one thing, she has trouble letting go. Her near-pathologically need to stay on Jakku, despite her miserable life there, is a textbook example of "dumb but understandable." Pretty much anyone and everyone looking at it objectively could tell her that if they haven't come back in 15 years, then they're probably never coming back. And yet she constantly wants to go back, even turning down a job that she was obvious really excited about, from a man she idolized, all for a pipe dream.

She's also very naïve. She buys Finn's story very quickly, despite the movie showing that he's not a particularly good liar. And she never sees through it, he has to flat-out tell her who he really is.

She also has issues with her emotions. Her first instinct after her vision is to literally run away as fast as she can, which made it all the easier for Kylo to capture her. Then she looks like she might have very well killed Kylo at the end if she'd gotten the chance (I still think that she was tapping into the Dark Side in order to beat him). I believe that her struggling with her emotions/inner darkness will play a big role in Episode VIII.

And she rushes into situations without fully thinking them through at times. Impulsively going after Finn after BB-8 points him out, despite not knowing anything about him. She made a move to attack Kylo, and he just Force Pushed her away, and so on.

So no, she ain't perfect.

Seeher and Zdarlight like this.
  16. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    1. Are you ok with Leia and Han not being together after ROTJ ? I'm ok with the concept, not ok with how TFA did it.

2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ? Same as above.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain ? Lol no.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ? Not at all.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ? Lazy rehash.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ? I'd prefer to not see it at all, though I will.

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ? Perhaps the worst thing about TFA was the Luke treatment.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ? Han and Chewie

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ? The MF chase scene was ok, everything else was bad.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible ? Yes, as in terrible character. The Goblin King was better.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ? Not even close.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ? Boring Yoda rehash.

13. Was Rey too powerful ? I expect her to train Luke in VIII

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ? Boring rehash

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ? I was bored.

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ? The shamelessness of it.

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ? Shouldn't be possible to say no, but no.

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ? Much worse.

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ? In a hearbeat

20. Who was your favorite new character ? No new character caught my interest.

darskpine10 likes this.
  17. Dudu Wan Kenobi

Dudu Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    From this thread, I'm starting to think Starkiller base was, indeed, the least liked aspect of the movie, overall. It wasn't just me, the disapproval was everywhere.

Like you said, it was a bad decision in ROTJ, let alone in TFA, a movie launched decades later. I hope they are getting the feedback on fan disapproval, although I find unlikely it will affect the next two movies. Any criticism over the current trilogy will only affect the next.

Empress Shatterpoint likes this.
  18. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Rey, BB8, Poe

19. JP_Frost

JP_Frost Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    1. Are you ok with Leia and Han not being together after ROTJ ? Yes, considering what happened to their son.

2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ? Yes, though I expected it to be more dramatic. I did like that it seemed somewhat understated.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain ? Yes, he seems like a fascinating character with lots of options to explore in the upcoming films.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ? Definitely. They had good chemistry and their performances were very good. Can't wait to see what happens with them.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ? I felt somewhat indifferent about it, though it did lack originality and was one of the few missteps of the movie.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ? Snoke, Luke, Jedi training

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ? I knew going in that he had very little screen time, so I was prepared. They're probably saving him for the rest of the trilogy.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ? I loved the Rey sequence on Jakku, but most of all my favorite things about the movie was the overall atmosphere and interplay between the characters. It felt like Star Wars.

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ? Some of the secondary villains like Hux and Phasma seemed a little underdeveloped and could've used more backstory.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible ? Absolutely not. I want to know more about him.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ? Though it seemed short, it was definitely a very intense battle and ranks up there with the best of the saga.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ? I liked her. Hopefully, we'll get to learn more about her in Episode 8 and 9.

13. Was Rey too powerful ? No, she acted out of instinct and emotion. Plus, we might get to know more about her background in the upcoming movie.

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ? Sure, it fits with the rest of the saga.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ? It wasn't my favorite scene, but it was entertaining.

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ? Ren's vulnerability and struggle with his chosen path. I expected him to be a more cut and dry villain.

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ? It wasn't very noticeable during the film, but when listened to on its own, it's a good score.

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ? Better

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ? No way!

20. Who was your favorite new character ? Rey, but I also really liked Poe and Finn.

20. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Kylo Ren, Rey and Poe

21. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    1. Are you ok with Leia and Han not being together after ROTJ ? I reject the premise of this question. They were together for more than 20 years and went their separate ways after losing a child, a very common occurrence in the real world.

2. Were you ok with Han's death in this one ? If they had to do it, it was done well, but I wish they had not.

3. Did you feel Kylo Ren was well developed villain ? Yes.

4. Did you like the characters of Rey & Finn as the hero leads in this one ? Yes.

5. Were you okay with Starkiller Base aka Death Star 3.0 ? Yes.

6. What do you want to see more of in Episode 8 ? Luke Skywalker, Poe, Snoke's backstory.

7. Were you cool with Luke being in it for 20 seconds ? Not really, but they got away with it.

8. What was your favorite moment in TFA ? The Luke reveal. Han and Chewie walking onto the MF.

9. What was your least favorite moment in TFA ? Han's death.

10. Did you think Snoke was terrible ? No. Not enough information.

11. Did you feel the lightsaber battle was as good as the other previous movies ? Yes, given the circumstances.

12. How did you feel about the Maz character ? Loved her.

13. Was Rey too powerful ? No.

14. Were you ok with the same elements of Rebels vs. Empire being used in this one (First Order vs. Resistance) ? Yes.

15. Did you enjoy the Rathtor monster scene ? Very much.

16. What was the most surprising moment for you in TFA ? Kylo Ren's temper tantrums.

17. Did you enjoy John Williams score ? Honestly, after the fanfare, I didn't notice it unless they used the old score for the OT3. Nothing new stood out to me.

18. Did you like TFA better , equal or worst than the prequels ? Better.

19. If you could erase this movie and let Lucas do his seventh episode - would you risk it ? No.

20. Who was your favorite new character ? Poe and BB-8

IamZam likes this.
  22. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005

I think so. Their relationship seemed more real in ESB. In ROTJ it was kind of cheesy and awkward. I think they have the type of relationship where they are more of a short term fling romantically but long term friends and allies.

Yes I was fine with it although you could see it coming a mile away when he stepped on the bridge.

Kylo Ren was great the first half of the movie, then an emo kid wuss in the 2nd half of the movie. The first half of the movie Kylo Ren was better.

Rey is great, Finn...meh...

Heck no. Come up with a new idea for once.

More Luke and more innovative worlds, ships, and characters (something I'm actually missing from the prequels). And most of all, a new, unique, interesting story.

Yes, kind of a teaser for Episode 8. I'm ok with that.

The Luke ending, mainly because it got me pumped for Episode 8. Luke? Jedi Temple? I'm in!

2 things. The "planning to destroy the death star 3.0 scene" and any light saber battle with Finn. It ruined the mystique of jedi/sith and light sabers.

Only his look which has been done before. They seriously need to explain his character more in Ep 8.

Not at all. Worst light saber duel since Obi Wan vs Vader in Ep IV.

Too much of a female Yoda clone. 900 years old, short, "I'm not a jedi but I know about the force". Seemed like a Yoda ripoff to me.

Yes, I hated that UNLESS they explain that she had experience with the force in Ep 8.

No, I also hated the over the top Nazi references.

Meh. It wasn't really necessary and I didn't like how the Rathtor devoured everyone it touched except Finn. How convenient...

See answer 9. Those were cringe worthy moments and surprising. I was also surprised at how much they ripped off Episode IV.

Didn't really even notice it in this movie.

In some ways better (execution, dialogue, acting) and in some ways worse (lack of originality, not really any new worlds or ships).

Yes but only if Lucas was producing and NOT directing. Lucas should do the outline of the story and let someone else handle the screenplay and directing.

Rey. She was overpowered yes but I do like her character and Ridley's performance.

23. jediela83

jediela83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015

At least the 2nd Death Star had a point as a huge piece of bait to draw the entire Rebellion fleet out of hiding so the Emperer could annihilate them in one full swoop. The Emperor being on board was also part of the bait .Starkiller base just looks like they are trying to prove the FO can outdo the empire basically its lazy writing and the science behind it ludicrous. The way science works in GFFA is total fantasy anyway though.

24. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    I know damn well this is Rian Johnson in disguise.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  25. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    No problem at all. Makes sense and it was handled appropriately. The whole Ben/Kylo backstory was one of the film's strengths. ​

Oh yeah. It was predictable but very well executed. It gave our main heroes motivation and depth to our villain.

Yes. I like how unpredictable and raw he was. He's clearly not a stoic bad guy. He's a conflicted villain, rooted from the Skywalker family. I like the fact that he's young, underdeveloped, his tantrums and everything. He's set up to be vicious . . OR become a good guy in the end, like a reverse Anakin from the PT (but with a strong performance this time around).​

YES, they were both great. Daisy Ridley is a revelation, an amazing casting decision.​
    Not really. Too derivative, pointless. It was the less entertaining aspect of this ride.

Luke and Rey.

It was one of the best parts of the movie by far. His brief appearance was just what the movie needed to end on a high note, leaving it open for the next film. It alsoreinforced the fact that this movie wasn't about the good guys destroying the bad guys' space station. This movie was about the force awakening on Rey and the search for Luke Skywalker.

Hard one. Probably Han's death.

Starkiller Base attack. Had no tension and too much of a rehash.​

Not really, but did nothing for me. I'm eager to learn more about him, though. I think the character definitely has potential.

It was great. Performance driven, as it should be. Don't care for the highly choreographed PT duels.

I liked the character. But it was painfully obvious how her role was cut, and her disappearance hurt the film, it made it seem sloppier than it actually is.

Don't care really. To me, these movies are about the emotional and mythological ride, who's more powerful than who, or who has more midichlorians doesn't matter to me at all. But if dramatically, the character's development pays off, then I say go for it. I thought it was well done from a narrative stance, and I hope RJ explores her background.

This was just Disney playing it safe. I didn't really mind, though. I don't take the "state of the galaxy" stuff too seriously either. The last time a SW movie got deep into politics, senate meetings, trade embargoes, separatists and so on, I was completely bored and detached from the experience. Fortunately, that didn't happen this time.

Not really, but I thought it was OK. It wasn't completely unnecessary, it had character development throughout. It was a great way to introduce Han Solo as an ageing pirate, who's getting a little old to be a smuggler but still has a heart of gold, helping our heroes selflessly.

The Ben Solo reveal. It was very casual, it wasn't played like an "I'm your father" moment at all, but it was still like "holy crap!". I also loved it as story element. It bridged the trilogies together, gave us a credible and powerful villain, and kept the generational family element quite present. This villain is a Skywalker too, and I wasn't expecting that at all.

It's growing on me. I thought it wasn't really memorable at first.

Waaaaaay better.

Of course not!

Rey​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.