main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Awakens - teaser trailer #2

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Apr 16, 2015.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Disclaimer: The forum is extremely slow right now, and has been since the live stream. If there is a thread on this, I haven't been able to see it. In that case, my appologies - mods, feel free to delete/merge/whatever, just please don't ban me ;)

What are your thoughts on this new teaser?

I must admit that I watched it, and wept like a baby. Yeah. Seriously. I cried so hard seeing this.
    My thoughts:

-New Lucasfilm logo. Neat!
    -Crashed Star Destroyer, crashed X-Wing. Beautiful visual!
    -The Force Theme is used nicely.
    -Darth Vader's burnt helmet. Oh HELL yeah! Not at Endor - or at least not obviously so.
    -Mark is still able to sound exactly like he did in Return of the Jedi, when he delivered these lines the first time. Either that, or they cleaned up some original ROTJ audio unbelievably well!
    -Artoo and who I presume is Luke. Beautiful shot. Goosebumps!
    -Anakin's lightsaber? Interesting! Very interesting!
    -The shot of the X-Wings look like Sweden. Sort of underwhelming. Poe's helmet seems to be too big for his head. Meh. (minor, minor complaint)
    -Kylo Ren's lightsword (my own name for it) looks even more badass when in action!
    -Stormtroopers by that podium (or what should I call it?), with the huge banner. Looks very nazi-germany like. Awesome visual. So who is the person standing on the stage? Kylo? Doesn't really look like it. Interesting! Max von Sydow maybe? Also, new insignia - not Republic, not Imperial, not Alliance.
    -New TIE's look neat!
    -Who/what is that cool stormtrooper-thing? Shadow trooper?
    -Rey looking like Luke!
    -The Falcon looking magnificent!
    -Don't like the crash zoom.
    -Love the TIE pilot!
    -HAN AND CHEWIE IN THE FALCON! Oh my GOD! Han looks and sounds perfect! Chewie looks a bit odd, but he's looked different in every movie so far, so that's OK!
    But the implications of them being "home" while standing in the Falcon with weapons drawn - have they lost the Falcon some time between ROTJ and TFA, and are now taking it back? Interesting!
    -Gorgeous cinematography throughout the trailer.

All in all?

Chewie... we're home!
    I feel like Return of the Jedi all of a sudden got a sequel! :D

EDIT: Just because:
    [​IMG]

2. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    The insertion of 'My sister has it' when the lightsaber was passed to a woman gives me hope that Leia will finally have a Jedi-like role, giving her Force sensitivity a purpose.

3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    The visual of the X-Wing and Star Destroyer crashed in the desert was amazing. It completely broke me out in goosebumps.

Was it just me, or did we still not get information about the plot from this trailer? Other than it looks like the Rebels are still fighting the Empire? I commend whoever held back information, because it just makes me want to watch the movie even more.

TheOneX_Eleazar, Darkslayer and jaqen like this.
  4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I hope this thread takes off. I spent a little time back in 7SA today just to be able to discuss the trailer a bit. Thankfully I avoided plot landmines, but it's not safe for us non spoilees to take the chance.

There's so much to say.

- The trailer excels at serving up a classic Star Wars feel while giving no major plot points away. I still have no clue what this movie is about.
    - While it's good to see the new characters, I'm not attached to them at all yet, so it's a bit empty there for me.
    - The look of the film, including the color correction, is spot on; it feels like the OT: updated.
    - While I for one loved the pristine nature of the PT aesthetic, it is good to see the lived in, broken down aesthetic back.
    - I'm so intrigued by this new villain.
    - The charred Vader helmet was genuinely disturbing to me.
    - The Luke dialogue is lifted and rearranged from ROTJ. I thought it was new at first, despite how young Luke sounds, but talking with others I don't think so.
    - That appears to be Leia getting a saber; looks like Carrie's hands. Hope so because I've been dying for any glimpse of her.
    - The opening shot with the speeder against the downed star destroyer is the definition of "epic".
    - I love the feel of the trailer.
    - I think Harrison's Han has had a little digital softening.
    - I've seen a couple people say Chewie looks off and I don't get it. Looks like ANH Chewie to me (though my favorite Chewie look is ROTJ).
    - I love Han, but he is my least favorite of the original big 3. Still I thought clinching the trailer with him was a brilliant choice for the trailer. It's great marketing.
    - A ship dogfight inside of a Star Destroyer? How BAD ASS is that?!

All in all I couldn't ask for much more, besides full on shots of Leia and Luke (though part of me likes the mystery). This trailer obliterates the first teaser, which I like. They're building well.

5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm excited and love how little we actually know after not one but two trailers, JJ is great at teasing. It's going to be a Star Wars filled Christmas.

TheYodaPagoda and jaqen like this.
  6. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    A few more homages/rhymes in this trailer. Interesting that the visual language of both trailers (and the trading cards) seems to say Rey=Luke.

I'm starting to feel confident that JJ has nailed it, at least visually.

7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    No shaky camera or lens flares!

I loved it, visually at least, Im feeling some trepidation about the characters, as the mains seem to be largely new, but hopefully they will be just as good as the OT.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    After the first trailer I was kinda meh about TFA. Now that I've seen the second trailer....I'm really excited to see this movie. And I get just as excited every time I see the trailer. I'm really upset that I live up north and the closest good movie theater is about 2 hours away and I might not be able to see it on the day its released depending on the weather.

9. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Initially I was going to turn off the stream when the trailer came, but when Abrams called it just another teaser, I couldn't resist =P

Thankfully trusting JJ was the right choice because the teaser didn't give anything away about the plot, really.

It was surreal to see something that looks so much like the OT in terms of visuals, though it doesn't look dated like Death Proof or something. Overall it made me pumped.

I won't watch a full trailer when it comes, so a second teaser was perfect.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yeah I fully enjoyed this "teaser" because I love the sort of random, pretty imagery in it and a couple of real great moments to see. But I love how abstract it is, just showing beats and implying things. The full on "trailer" (I'm guessing it'll be a Fall dump maybe September - Oct) is probably gonna be one of those "beat by beat" moments. But as a teaser? It's perfect.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I literally cried at work while watching this the first time.....I'm beyond excited for this movie now. I didn't think I was going to get this excited but everything in the trailer, to go along with everything said during the panel, has me as hyped as I've ever been for a new movie. Oh and I want a BB8 droid.

12. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    DUDE
    HOLY
    This is... oh man... oh my goodness...

I got serious shudders. I welled up a bit.

This is absolutely, positively... I cannot describe it...

13. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    It's just bothering me how Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber came back. How? Who? Whaaa?

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I assume a maintenance dude from Bespin picked it up before it fell out of Cloud City

Either that or it's a replica

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  15. HidingInDegobah

HidingInDegobah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2015
    Wonderful teaser. I'm beyond excited for the film. I'm genuinely enjoying the secrecy in the official promo material. It just looks simply fantastic.

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd

The force is strong in my family.
    And Anakin's lightsaber going to Leia.
    I may pass out.

Ridley Solo and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This!
    I really hope this is how the final film will look, since it isn't overly teal-and-orange. That modern colour scheme is still present here, but it's so subtle that it shouldn't bother anyone. Hopefully that is how it will remain.
    The trailer really looks like a continuation of the OT, but with a twist (more camera moves for example). I love it!

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This was such a terrific teaser trailer, leaps and bounds better than the first one, though I enjoyed that too! I'm really pumped for the movie now.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I didn't realize that's what it was suppose to be.

Wasn't his...umm hand attached to that thing?

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well... a lot can happen in 30+ years :p

I've watched the trailer over and over, and it just gets better as I notice more details.
    It really is too bad the film won't be released in May. I mean, I don't care about traditions or anything like that - I just want to see the film!

jaqen likes this.
  22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    You know the funny thing is I wouldn't want to see it earlier than December. I like the anticipation, the waiting. Also with the Hobbit trilogy we had a nice tradition going with seeing each one on, or around, Christmas. It's going to be nice to keep that going this year with TFA, a film that'll mean more to me than any of those could.

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I hear ya! It's just easy to get impatient, but I don't mind the wait, really. And I want the movie to be as good as possible, so an extra half year is a good thing!

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This trailer was much better than the first one and I am more excited about the movie now. I've gone from "meh, I'll see it sometime while it's in the theater but no rush" to "I'll probably go opening weekend."

The Good:

--"Chewie, we're home." That right there sold me my ticket. Can. Not. Wait.
    --The buried star destroyer.
    --X-Wings over the water, which I loved from the first trailer.
    --Action. Lots of action. The scene with Ridley and Boyega jumping out of the way of the explosions.
    --The ROTJ music.
    --Luke voiceover.
    --Luke's hand on R2.

The Bad:

--Anakin or Luke's lightsaber. Why the hell is it reappearing after 30 years?
    --Not overly keen on Leia being a Jedi, especially starting now. Not really opposed to it, just not excited about it.
    --the charred Vader helmet. Why exactly?

jaqen and TigerCraneFist like this.
  25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Guess I was the only one who wasn't excited by this. The only word I use for it is underwhelmed. The first teaser hit me, but had so little info. This one had a lot of great visuals, but didn't hit me.

Still convinced it'll be a good movie though.

There's always one isn't there? :p