main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer - Thoughts and Observations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Prototypes already leaked from China, so yea.

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

This is JJ Abrams we're talking about...

3. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I could see the Luke reveal saved for the movie, but Han & Leia..... & Chewie (I guess)?

4. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    There's absolutely no reason to not include the "big 3" (or any of the other classic charcters) in a future teaser or trailer, and every reason to have them in one, regardless of what Latino Review says.

5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    The guessing of of will they,won't they makes me look like this>[face_hypnotized]

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Summary on the the second teaser and possible content,:p
    Every site is in agreement on when the second trailer will be deployed, but they're not all in agreement on the trailer's content. In the past two days, Latino-Review and JoBlo have reported that the second trailer will provide us with our first look at Luke, Han, Leia, and even Chewbacca. While Germain Lussier of Slash Film has heard the opposite from his sources. "We SPECIFICALLY heard the original cast WON'T be featured in the marketing," Lussier tweeted. "I heard they want to keep their roles a surprise, and the series isn't about them anymore." Sources for comicbook.comare in agreement with Lussier's report.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113802

so that's 2 for the Big 3 vs 2 against the Big 3, I wonder who's right???[face_laugh]

7. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Havent been to the movies in years

Are they still currently playing this trailer ??

8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Prediction: They will feature in the ad campaign, but not prominently. Disney and LFL will keep Boyega, Ridley, Isaac and Driver to the fore. If they don't connect with general audiences, the future of the franchise will be in jeopardy.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I agree, but it is funny seeing the opposite info these sites are getting from their sources.[face_laugh]

10. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Latino Review has been wrong 99% of the time and this reveal of the second teaser is just plain wrong. I believe the other sources are correct that the original three are going to be kept out of most of the marketing and kept tucked away in J.J.'s mystery box.

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I think they are totally right about the trailer getting released for Age of Ultron. Thats not even a particularly big scoop.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I could say that a trailer's going to be released with AOU and be pretty damn confident my "scoop" will be correct. It's about the easiest prediction you can make. It's not a scoop it's just common sense.

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think that the big 3 won't be featured in the 2nd trailer, because until now it is still such a big secret how Luke and Leia will look like in the new movies with no artwork seen anywhere. But I also don't think that the new series is not about them anymore, because it will be about their heir.

I just believe they have the marketing plan to bring the new cast into the spotlight, since they are the future and keep the big 3 including their importance a secret, since all hardcore fans will watch it anyway. :)

But it will be a hard time for me to wait 11 months to finally see them. :_|

starocean90 and Darth PJ like this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Has anyone thought that perhaps the specific footage shown in the teaser were shots created JUST FOR the teaser and not actually featured in the movie?

Jcuk likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    looks like /film is updating their story either today or tomorrow (seems like Monday is more likely).:p

16. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
  17. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Everyone has a source these days heh

I kinda miss Supershadow

Ok not really. But the Avengers trailer deal makes a bit of sense time-wise. A lot of folks will see that movie, so a new Star Wars trailer attached to it is definitely plausible.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Seems like there's a lot of conflicting information out there with two sites saying yes and two saying no. The only thing they seem to be in agreement with is the timing.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    hopefully it's the 2 that say yes to the Big 3 that are right.:D

HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012

I think these shots were not finished and there will be a lot of things added to the background (e.g. buildings in shot with Daisy, wreckage of TIE Fighter in shot with John) which will make some controversy among "practical purists". Teaser was released one year before the movie is coming out, so they will still work on this footage. See for example how they enhanced some shots from trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy which was released few months before the movie.

21. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I say no Big 3 in the marketing.

Leave us guessing until December. I mean, it's only 11 months away, get us familiarized with the new crew, especially younger folk, the older people will be in the movie for us OT and PT fans when it is released and all will be copacetic. Why show your winning hand when you can flash some of the high cards right now with the marketing (a.k.a. The new crew who will carry the franchise for years to come, rather than the old crew we know we'll see anyway?)

I mean... It's now like they're going to miss viewers because of it.

Darth PJ and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I Wouldn't be to disappointed if we do not get the big 3 in the next trailer, I just want to see more footage of the film and hopefully it is longer then the teaser, something in the vain of the Jurassic World teaser, anything more would be a bonus....

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd be fine if the next trailer was similar in vein to the teaser but about Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleason etc.

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I wonder if the next teaser is about the next gen characters would we get the full names or more names between now and then???

25. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    Frankly, my dear... I don't give a dudley doo right if they show the original cast or not. There's a new Star Wars movie coming out every year for the next blurbity blurbity years. Holy sheet.