main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer - Thoughts and Observations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think it will certainly contain more info/dialogue than the last... but given it's supposed to be another 'teaser', it will be primarily visual (IMHO). I'm sure it will focus on 'next gen' characters. I'd be surprised if the big 3 make a full appearance in it... but also, it would be nice to see a subtle shot of Luke or Han... just to wet the appetitie...

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Luke will only appear very fleetingly if at all because they probably want to save his full reveal for the movie. But hopefully we will get good looks at Han and Leia. Seeing Han in concept art has been great but seeing him on film again will be a whole other level of awesome. And I'm dying to see Leia since we haven't seen anything with her in it. We don't even have many rumors about her so it'll be interesting to see what kind of environment she's in.

Rookhelm likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Given the amount of Politicians in the movie I don't think it's hard to imagine what she will be up to.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Even if she is a politician (which we don't know for sure) she's never been one to sit on the side lines like most politicians so again I'm interested in seeing what she's up to.

5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And that totally makes sense, moreso than the idea of not seeing them at all until the film is released. I really don't think anyone expected them to be at the front and center of the marketing. They will be present, sure, but the overall focus will be on the next generation.

With that said, I'm still anxious to get our first glimpse of them, whether that is in the next trailer or otherwise. ;)

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    There are plenty here who expect Luke, Han and Leia to be the stars of the new trilogy.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I admit, that may have been a broad assumption to make, and in that case, I stand corrected. I do feel for those people, though. They are in for a rude awakening and I hope that doesn't translate into them hating on the film as a result.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I can't really blame them especially since that rumor from THR(one of the trades) that said the shift from Arndt to JJ, was caused in part because JJ wanted the Big 3 to have one last adventure so he made them the focus, to me it seemed more like the Big 3 had small or cameos in Arndt story and JJ just upped them to supporting roles.[face_dunno]

11. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    This is what I hope as well, and why I hope the Gleeson fans don't get too attached to the idea of him being the son of Luke, to the point where everything else is ruined for them if it doesn't happen ( still totally can) but you've painted a broader picture of the situation than I could.

It's down right impossible to try and tell anyone what they should or shouldn't expect, especially when it pertains to the screentime or importance to the ST of the OT Big 3.

Like you said though, I 'm hoping fans don't let this or that not happening sour their experience of the ST in it's entirety.

For example, I think people bring up Jar Jar Binx way more than they should when discussing the PT.

A mere blip on a list of things that could've been executed better.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I figure that the only real character that was supposed to have a role in the ST was probably Luke Skywalker... given the narrative of Ep I - VI and Lucas' comments to Hamill about "passing over the torch". To be honest, he'd be the only character I'd miss if he wasn't in it. But I think increasing Han Solo's role in Ep VII is a smart move. Skywalker and Solo back on screen? What's not to love about that (even if it isn't the main focus)?

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Exactly and also with mentioning that it would be a Han movie for example. Of course I know the big 3 won't have the adventures and screentime like in the OT, but they can still be very important to the ST, like Vader/Obi-Wan and Yoda were for the OT.

HanSolo29 and starocean90 like this.
  14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Right...and I suspect that's exactly what we'll see. They won't be the stars, but they'll still have a meaningful presence. And heck, I'm all for that! I just want to see them back on the big screen again!

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, I heard that JJ wanted them to have "more" focus. But that doesn't automatically mean that they're THE focus of the movie. If they were really only relatively minor presences in Arndt's script, then it could simply be a case of them getting actual important stuff to do in the new one. Not necessarily that they'll dominate the movie. And then I'm pretty sure that they'll start receding into the background in Episode VIII while the new cast really takes over.

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I was just watching the trailer again and had an interesting theory. My apologies if this has been presented before.

The two TIEs and the Falcon at the end...

I am beginning to wonder if the lead TIE is not firing at the Falcon, but at something behind it, and that the second TIE isn't firing at the Falcon either, but is firing at the lead TIE. It looks to me like the Falcon is leading something back to the TIE in front. Here are a couple of screen grabs for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To me, in the first image it looks like the lead TIE is shooting past the Falcon rather than missing it and that the rear TIE is trying to line up a shot on the lead TIE. In the second shot we see the rear TIE firing again after it is clearly past an angle to hit the Falcon and it looks again like it is shooting past the Falcon and in my theory, at the first TIE. It's just something that piqued my curiosity.

Thoughts?

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe it's Finn in the lead TIE.:eek:

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

That is kinda where I was headed with my theory.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    wouldn't it mean that the Falcon is either Finn's pick up or he's helping them (Falcon being chased).

20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Yes. I am theorizing that the Falcon is being chased and whoever is in the lead TIE is providing backup while the rear TIE is trying to stop a traitor. Just trying to spice things up for myself during this info lull.

21. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    That's quite a close call, that. Would have given the Falcon a hell of a ding if it'd have hit a TIE!

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    nevermind.

23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Interesting. The only glimpse we've had of Finn so far is in him Stormtrooper gear. Not in a Tie pilots. This could mean he's stolen a Tie?

24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Old rumors and leaked concept art had him crashing a TIE on the planet that is Tatooine that some try to say isn't Tatooine.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Dunno if any of you have seen this but it's a decent half an hour watch. :)