main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer - Thoughts and Observations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    HanSolo29 I think It depends on who you believe, there were rumors that Michael Arndt was let go because he believed that the movie should be mostly about the young Actors and the Big Three and the OT Cast should be background characters, apparently this rumor had Abrams disagreeing with Arndt and thinking the movie should be about the Big Three mostly, kind of torch bearer's and in episode 8 and 9 the young cast will take over, and that is why Arndt was let go and Lawrence Kasdan was hired to co write the script with Abrams.

2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I know. And as I've said, maybe he's stolen a Tie? To escape from his cover being blown as a spy? And just maybe that's why he looks supremely anxious in the trailer after he crashes it and survives? Maybe that's not him in the trooper drop scene at all?..Tut, so many unanswered questions! ;)

TheBBP likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

That is all very possible.

4. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    I love theories like this! Another one, what if these guys aren't rebel pilots, but instead, this is Luke with 2 other pilots going somewhere (somewhere awesome to do awesome things)?

[​IMG]

TheBBP likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014

Don't know if this one was posted but it's cool.:)

6. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    I think that they'll keep a fairly tight lid on the big 3, mainly because if we see a lot of Han, Leia, Chewie, 3PO, and R2-D2 but no Luke (Or any combination, really) people are going to guess that something happened to them. So show us the Big 3, but don't tell us about their current positions. However, I do think that Leia, 3PO, and R2-D2 are going to be much more minor characters in this than usual, probably only appearing on the Rebel Base and maybe near the end.

7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    While those series can be entertaining... usually things are just as they appear. ;)

TheBBP likes this.
  8. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Orly?

http://starwarsvisualizer.ff0000.com/scene/258

EviL_eLF likes this.
  9. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Not sure how that changes anything I said... I did say USUALLY. ;)

TheBBP likes this.
  10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I'll not be fitting you for an official 7SA tinfoil hat then.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Meh, I'm not the paranoid type... no need for a tinfoil hat of any kind. ;)

TheBBP likes this.
  12. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    It looked to me like those TIE fighters were shooting at the Falcon. But then again it looks like Dameron is flying one of the three X-wings going across the lake when he might not be. Trailers are often times deceiving, so ya know what? Who knows. Everything's still on the table at this point lol

13. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Then again, he might be...

[​IMG]

Notice, that's not a star field behind him... it's a cloudy sky, which implies the same scene or near enough to it.

Darth PJ likes this.
  14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Thinking ahead to the next trailer, I'm kinda thinking that it'll still focus primarily on the new faces. We may get the odd glimpse of the OT3 and the others (Chewy and the droids), but the new characters will be front and centre. A glimpse of Luke removing his hood would be a great way to end it :)

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  15. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    We may not get Luke in any trailer to keep his part more secret. We've heard rumors here and there but nothing concrete... and now we even have rumors of publicity shots for Leia, Han and Chewie... but again, not Luke.

16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Why the need to keep his part secret though? We all know he's in it. And a brief glimpse of him at least is going to give nothing away about his part in the story.

17. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    If where he's been and what he's been doing is a mystery for the plot, then they may want to hide his look.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah I get that. But a brief glimpse of him will give nothing away. Plus it'd be great for the fans. Right at the very end of the trailer. "It's Luke!!" But as you say, maybe they will hold back on giving us anything on Luke. I'm just hoping ;)

EviL_eLF likes this.
  19. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

If we get look it will be mostly dark and he will light a lightsaber or something. Or we get to see him from behind with the scene cutting before he turns around or something.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  20. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm not saying for sure we won't, just pointing out that it's a very real possibility.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    With the Great Jurassic World Super Bowl Trailer now I really want a new Star Wars Trailer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookhelm likes this.
  22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  23. weezy3

weezy3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2015
    Hello all,

First off, I'm BRAND NEW to this forum, so I'm sorry if I'm violating any rules/customs. I'll honestly probably only be posting this question, so if I'm annoying you already, it won't be for long.

Does anyone know if ANY theaters in the US are still running TFA trailers? My husband refuses to watch the trailer online, and wants to see it in a theater, however, we live in a small-ish midwest town, and didn't travel to Chicago fast enough to see it. We were recently in LA, and all of the theaters in Southern CA have stopped showing it. I'm assuming we'll have to wait until it's released nationwide, which was supposed to be December. Anyone know when the official release date is, if there even is one? Are they just going to cut a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Welcome to the forums. No problem on the question, but I'm going to merge your new thread into an existing relevant thread.

I'm not sure if any theaters are still showing the teaser trailer, but I don't think they are. The rumor is that a new trailer may be coming in May, to be shown with the new Avengers movie first.

25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Welcome aboard.

EHT likes this.